Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#5851 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'll reiterate that people shouldn't get their hopes too high for FA. I expect we'll be able to count the number of elite guys who hit the market this first year on one hand.

33126.png

#5852 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I'll reiterate that people shouldn't get their hopes too high for FA. I expect we'll be able to count the number of elite guys who hit the market this first year on one hand.

Thats generally the case irl as well. But when guys like DRC don't re-sign with their respective teams, it makes it really interesting. :)

#5853 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Oh, and congrats to mog on his title! His name has been added (well, re-added) to the hall of champions in the OP. He has the honor of taking down the first Madden 13 title, and also tying sprice atop the all-time title leaderboard with 3.

33126.png

#5854 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thats generally the case irl as well. But when guys like DRC don't resign with their respective teams, it makes it really interesting. :)

Definitely. I'm sure there will be a few interesting names on the market. I just know some people have been clearing cap room in anticipation of some kind of free agent bonanza, so I just don't want people to get their hopes too high.

33126.png

#5855 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Depending on how my 2014 cap shapes up, Revis and Landry might be hitting the market next year. Both with 1 year remaining, and me with no cap space. Might be looking at a firesale at this year's deadline. :/

#5856 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Peyton Hill walked. He wants 6 million a year lol. Someone can have fun with that.

#5857 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Only two guys rejected my offer, one of whom I tagged. I did bring a lot of guys back on cheap one-year deals without bonuses though, allowing me to cut them if I need to if I sign better FAs or draft picks.

33126.png

#5858 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

When do we advance !!!

#5859 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm not sure if the trade comission is processing trades at this point in the offseason. But the Cardinals and Eagles have one ready to go on the last page.
MurdaModeLV

#5860 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I assume you can't tag someone without cap space?

#5861 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm not sure if the trade comission is processing trades at this point in the offseason. But the Cardinals and Eagles have one ready to go on the last page.

We're on it.

I'm not sure when you can actually process trades in the offseason though.

33126.png

#5862 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I assume you can't tag someone without cap space?

I would also assume that.

33126.png

#5863 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Depending on how my 2014 cap shapes up, Revis and Landry might be hitting the market next year. Both with 1 year remaining, and me with no cap space. Might be looking at a firesale at this year's deadline. :/

Im already saving the cap space for Revis :D

#5864 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well Greedy McGee Desean Jackson asked me for a new contract mid-season, I just laughed because he had JUST gotten one for 5 years/40 Million.

Unfortunately it now looks like he will be in the Free Agency market for you hyenas.
MurdaModeLV

#5865 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Well Greedy McGee Desean Jackson asked me for a new contract mid-season, I just laughed because he had JUST gotten one for 5 years/40 Million.

Unfortunately it now looks like he will be in the Free Agency market for you hyenas.

Posted Image

33126.png

#5866 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Im already saving the cap space for Revis :D

Good luck, man. You'll have to fight my cap clearing efforts OR whoever might get him before the deadline (if it isn't you! :)), so it could be a tough one.

#5867 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

+1

#5868 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Doesn't make sense that Desean Jackson would be available unless Madden didn't get his contract right when the game came out or in subsequent updated rosters.

#5869 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I got swindled in my trade too I aint get to offer Rodgers - Cromartie any sort of deal

Regarding DRC:

It seems pretty obvious that this issue was caused by a bug in Madden rather than anything Cru did. My guess is that LV ended negotiations with him before the trade, which meant that Cru wasn't able to re-sign him after the deal was made. It's not very realistic that he wouldn't at least be able to franchise him, therefore we're going to allow Cru exclusive rights to him in Free Agency.

If anybody else thinks they are in a similar situation with any traded players in the final year of their deal, please let us know and we'll look into it.

33126.png

#5870 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Regarding DRC:

It seems pretty obvious that this issue was caused by a bug in Madden rather than anything Cru did. My guess is that LV ended negotiations with him before the trade, which meant that Cru wasn't able to re-sign him after the deal was made. It's not very realistic that he wouldn't at least be able to franchise him, therefore we're going to allow Cru exclusive rights to him in Free Agency.

If anybody else thinks they are in a similar situation with any traded players in the final year of their deal, please let us know and we'll look into it.

I didn't have any contract negotiations with DRC in Madden 13. I just saw what was coming, got a good deal and cut ties.
MurdaModeLV

#5871 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I didn't have any contract negotiations with DRC in Madden 13. I just saw what was coming, got a good deal and cut ties.

Well, something happened anyway. At the very least he should have been able to franchise him, which obviously he had every intention of doing.

Cru, have you used your franchise tag already?

33126.png

#5872 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Doesn't make sense that Desean Jackson would be available unless Madden didn't get his contract right when the game came out or in subsequent updated rosters.

I don't understand it either. Maybe he won't hit Free Agency (fingers crossed). He still has four years left on his deal, I just figured he was negotiating to get more money, and since I didn't talk to him he is holding out now? I don't know.
MurdaModeLV

#5873 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I don't understand it either. Maybe he won't hit Free Agency (fingers crossed). He still has four years left on his deal, I just figured he was negotiating to get more money, and since I didn't talk to him he is holding out now? I don't know.

If he still has 4 years left, than he shouldn't hit FA. I'm not sure whether guys can hold out or not (I don't think so) but that shouldn't make him a FA either way.

33126.png

#5874 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Regarding DRC:

So, if DRC doesn't re-sign with Cru during Free Agency, will we allow Cru to sign him as a Free Agent once the season starts?

#5875 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

So, if DRC doesn't re-sign with Cru during Free Agency, will we allow Cru to sign him as a Free Agent once the season starts?

Good question. I think Cru should still need to offer DRC market value (ie the contract he is asking for) which is what it would have cost if he'd been able to negotiate with him before. If he does, I assume with no other offers that DRC will sign with him. If not, then I guess he would be able to sign him once the season starts.

I'm not 100% sure how it will work, since we've never been through a Madden 13 offseason or faced this situation before. We'll just have to see. This first offseason will be a learning experience for all of us.

33126.png

#5876 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Well, something happened anyway. At the very least he should have been able to franchise him, which obviously he had every intention of doing.

Cru, have you used your franchise tag already?

I have not used my franchise tag all season , I almost used it on moss but I just gave him a good deal. I offered no one else a deal I am losing a decent amount of money to keep my cap free in anticipation of paying DRC whatever he wants

#5877 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

So who's going to sign Kurt Warner when he unretires?

#5878 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

*raises hand*

#5879 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

how do u use the franchise tag?

#5880 sprice8688

sprice8688