Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#631 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

Yes contracts will expire as well, that's why it was taking me so damn long. Had to look through the financial situation for nearly every team as well as players in the final year of their contracts.

That's what scared me away from Jacksonville, since they still haven't paid MJD.

WOW! GOod point doom.

Saints are good with Brees, but screwed with Jimmy Graham -__-

#632 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

I figured Cap room kinda on a whim but that was a determining factor for my list as well.

#633 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

Fact: Poaching each others players in free agency will now be the most enjoyable part of this league. :D

33126.png

#634 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ah. Wish I'd thought of that.

The only key guy of mine coming off the books after season one will be Ryan Clady.

With Peyton under contract for a while, hopefully that means he's in no danger of retiring.

Can you re-sign your own guys during the season? Or do they automatically hit free agency? Seems like the Jags have plenty of cap space to lock MJD up.

Yeah the Jags have plenty of money to lock him up and I think they just locked up Blackmon, but I wasn't sure if he'd be removed from the game after the first roster update since he's still holding out. I'm not sure how holdouts work with roster updates.

And yes, you will be able to re-sign guys during the season. I'll have to look up the details again, but I believe I read there were various ways to sway guys into staying.

It would also be cool to see players asking for trades.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#635 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Hm.. Kyle Orton MAY be up for grabs. ;)

Though I am not sure how good or bad he is in Madden..

#636 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

16 mil and only one guy to worry about next year:D

Dwayne Bowe will love Mile High. ;)

33126.png

#637 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

The trick to getting no one to vote for your #1 team: Tell everyone what #1 team your voting for.

Birds are on the loose.

Over/Under on how long pudding neck survives on the Broncoes: 8 Weeks.
MurdaModeLV

#638 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

Lol, you had Vick last year.

Do us all a favor and let Cromartie walk since he's in the final year of his contract as well. ;)

Doomtime1.png

#639 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Lol, you had Vick last year.

Do us all a favor and let Cromartie walk since he's in the final year of his contract as well. ;)

Mixing up teams? But yeah, I didn't think of cap/contracts. I know they locked up some key players last season, but I'm sure I'll be trying to make magic happen in a year or 2.

#640 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

Calvin Johnson who ???? Get ya 84 jersey's out !!!!

#641 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Mixing up teams? But yeah, I didn't think of cap/contracts. I know they locked up some key players last season, but I'm sure I'll be trying to make magic happen in a year or 2.

Rodgers-Cromartie not the guy who can't remember all of his kids' names. :lol:

Only guy I need to worry about is Schaub, but I may let him walk.

Doomtime1.png

#642 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

Dang how did I not get a team? I wanted the cowboys or texans but hopefully I can get the ram's since I used them on 12

#643 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

Oh man we know Palmer is gonna be riding the bench in favor of Pryor in Oakland...

Why would you say that? Pryor and Palmer are on the bench my man the one and only MATT LEINART is get the start;)

#644 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

All 4 remaining owners have submitted their new picks. The NFC West has officially been filled actually. No lottery needed! itlnstln gets the Seahawks and GPNinja the Rams.

I'm going to wait on BV for an official drawing on the last two teams/owners. Loser gets the Browns. :)

#645 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

Browns aren't that bad, Trent Richardson and Joe Haden!

Doomtime1.png

#646 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

And Brandon Weeden. I'd be ok with the browns but I'd rather start with the chargers.

#647 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Why didn't you tell me you were going back to the AFC West? I would've stayed!

I will trade you teams and if you want and we can do Foster for Dmac plus you would have palmer instead of schaub

My list was
1. Texans
2. Bucs
3. OAK
4.Redskins
5.Cin

#648 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

I got some work to do

http://bleacherrepor...n-2013-and-2014

#649 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

I will trade you teams and if you want and we can do Foster for Dmac plus you would have palmer instead of schaub

My list was
1. Texans
2. Bucs
3. OAK
4.Redskins
5.Cin

I'm sure bv would love that, I'll think about it!

I got some work to do

As do I, the current Texans are built to explode within three seasons.

Doomtime1.png

#650 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

My list was
1. Texans
2. Bucs
3. OAK
4.Redskins
5.Cin

Do it

#651 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

Plus I really want to play redworm 2 times a year

#652 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

My list was
1. Texans
2. Bucs
3. OAK
4.Redskins
5.Cin

I dont like the idea of trades before we even play a game. We pride ourselves on realistic gameplay and by just trading it takes away from that. I understand with the salary cap that people will need to make OFF SEASON moves, but I think we really need to limit trades.

#653 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

I dont like the idea of trades before we even play a game. We pride ourselves on realistic gameplay and by just trading it takes away from that. I understand with the salary cap that people will need to make OFF SEASON moves, but I think we really need to limit trades.

The trades will take care of themselves once you look at the money involved. More often than not, all these proposed mega trades won't be able to happen.

Doomtime1.png

#654 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

i was reading on the caps and i read somewhere that the commish can set the caps rooms higher or lower or off all together to set up his own style of caps room kindal ike the league has in the past.

i liked how it was last year but either way i think it will be interesting however we do im sure this year is going to be a whole lot harder though

#655 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

I just want to get the texans and i know he wants foster so i would switch him teams and HBs to get the texans. If we could I would just switch every player on my team with his just so I could play in a texans jersey.

#656 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

So about those pokemon cards....

Doomtime1.png

#657 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

i just have a feeling that all the contract signings and everything is going to be tough in the offseasons. i wonder if they have franchise tags and UFA and regular FA during offseason im just curious to know how in depth they went with it. also how soon after the game comes out will we be starting the league up?

is it going to be right away. or is it going to be a week so that the 3 commishes can figure out how it all works and take votes on everything or whats the plan since its going to be so different this year

#658 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

So about those pokemon cards....

All yours if we trade

#659 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

i just have a feeling that all the contract signings and everything is going to be tough in the offseasons. i wonder if they have franchise tags and UFA and regular FA during offseason im just curious to know how in depth they went with it. also how soon after the game comes out will we be starting the league up?

is it going to be right away. or is it going to be a week so that the 3 commishes can figure out how it all works and take votes on everything or whats the plan since its going to be so different this year

It won't be that difficult but it won't be as easy as last year either. Lining up contracts for trades won't be that tough and making sure you know which players are in the last year of their contracts will be key. I'm not sure about franchise tags, but I imagine restricted free agents will be there if they've taken the time to implement a salary cap.

Usually they wait until the first roster update before we begin. So probably a week or so after release.

All yours if we trade

I'll think about it. Don't get your hopes up though, need to check out their money situation.

Another reason I wanted the Texans was because of their dome. Less rain games for me.

Doomtime1.png

#660 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

well thats good thats means i will only miss the first two weeks when the league starts becuz of a deployment. i got some dumbass mission to where Borat was from lol i kid u not Kazakstan here i come. the shirt is black NOT!!!!!!!

since when does infantry do peace mission. o well i will take that over going back to afganistan for another year and missing madden 13 for a whole year