Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#6721 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Matter of Fact I made a mistake can I drop Peyton Hillis and pick someone else I thought they was gone

#6722 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Ravens signed

HB Tobias Bray!!!!!
99 speed, 91 carry, 84 inj

#6723 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Actually I will keep Peyton lol Mog took the other guy lol

#6724 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Bills-RG Ramon Foster

Sorry I wasn't very attentive during our game. I was trying to work at the same time :roll:
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#6725 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Ravens signed

HB Tobias Bray!!!!!

wow nice find if he can stay healthy u have a beast on ur hands

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#6726 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Group 4 May Now Pick

1. Jags - FS Nick Collins
2. Seahawks - CB Eric Wright
3. Browns - DT Gerald McCoy
4. Bucs - K Dave Rayner
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders - CB Rashean Mathis
7. Giants
8. Packers
9. Jets - RT Mike Pollak
10. Colts - CB Marcus Trufant
11. Vikings - DT- Letroy Guion
12. Dolphins - TE C. Miilines
13. Chargers
14. Steelers
15. Chiefs - FB Bryan Young
16. Rams -FS Husain Abdullah
17. Titans - TE Clay Harbor
18. Falcons - DT Tyson Alualu
19. Saints
20. Bears
21. Patriots
22. Eagles - QB Garrett Finnegan
23. Broncos - RE Darnell Dockett
24. Cardinals - WR Daniel Kescoli
25. Redskins
26. Bengals
27. Panthers - WR Curtis Dozier
28. Bills - RG Ramon Foster
29. Texans
30. 49ers - HB Peyton Hillis
31. Lions
32. Ravens - HB Tobias Bray

This group will have until 10:00 AM EST tomorrow. If you're in group 1-3 and you haven't picked yet, you still can.

A few things to note:

1. If your roster isn't full, you don't need to drop a guy. But please post who you pick up.

2. Keep your cap space in mind. These guys do take contracts, so you might not be able to sign the expensive guys without dropping someone.

3. As always, we go by posts in the thread, not who adds them first in game. Once you post in the thread that you added a guy, he's yours.

4. Make sure you don't sign anyone on the restricted list (can someone re-post that?) unless their owner has said they don't want them.

FA and Preseason Advance Schedule

Monday 10:30AM EST: FA Round 1 Group #2
Monday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #3
Monday 11:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #4 (current phase)
Tuesday 10:00AM EST: FA Round 2 1-16 (switching to two groups of 16)
Tuesday 3:00PM EST: FA Round 2 17-32
Tuesday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 3 17-32 (we'll reverse the order for round 3)
Tuesday 8:00PM EST FA Round 3 1-16
Tuesday 9:00PM EST: Free Agency OPEN (after this, it's free-for-all)
Tuesday 10:30PM EST: Advance to preseason Week 2
Wednesday Night: Advance to preseason Week 3
Friday Afternoon: Advance to preseason Week 4
Saturday Morning: Advance to Regular Season

I realize not all the times are even, but we're trying to get both FA and the preseason done without dragging on too much. Hopefully knowing exactly when your FA group is up will also help people out in scheduling.

Edited by bvharris, 20 November 2012 - 05:16 AM.

33126.png

#6727 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I got a 6'4 WR - 95 speed, 94 agility, 99 acceleration, 97 jumping, 88 CIT, 85 RLS...but 66 injury lol, at least I can play around with him in preseason without any risk of injury. His toughness is 95 though at least!!!

#6728 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

wow nice find if he can stay healthy u have a beast on ur hands

Yea hopefully I can turn him into a Reggie bush from the USC days lol

#6729 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Yea hopefully I can turn him into a Reggie bush from the USC days lol

its not like u need anymore big weapons mr.superbowl champion

if anyone is interested in Green-Ellis let me know hes on the block and great at closing out games with his 99 carry not much of a speed guy but he can run over people like no other. his contract isnt very expensive either.

looking for a man coverage CB or a hard hitting SS/FS

Madden 25

#6730 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

So would anyone be offended if my rookie RB got some burn beyond the 1st quarter? I plugged him in as my starter and stated publicly that I planned on using him as such, but any real coach would run their rookie HB for at least a half even if they had the edge on the starter job.

I didn't want to put in Greene as my starter just so I could use my rookie the final 3 quarters, but I need some more practice with him. Am I over thinking this one? Haha.

Also, go UConn. Feed finally returned. Though I don't get CBS Sports Network in HD and it makes me sad.

#6731 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

So would anyone be offended if my rookie RB got some burn beyond the 1st quarter? I plugged him in as my starter and stated publicly that I planned on using him as such, but any real coach would run their rookie HB for at least a half even if they had the edge on the starter job.

I didn't want to put in Greene as my starter just so I could use my rookie the final 3 quarters, but I need some more practice with him. Am I over thinking this one? Haha.

I think if you plan to start him you need to treat him like any other starter and let the game sub him out. I understand what you're saying, but it's a slippery slope and if we allow it we might as well just let everyone play their starters the whole game. If you want to get used to him, that's what practice is for.

The only alternative I can see is to just let people play everyone the whole game. If we do that, it probably means turning injuries back on. But I think it has to be all one or all the other, if we start making exceptions for specific players, where does it stop?

33126.png

#6732 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

That's fine. That's why I asked. I wish they treated 1st and 2nd year players differently and gave them more time. Stephen Hill isn't leaving the game in the 2nd quarter this offseason, I bet. I'm sure someone like Trent Richardson (though I think he was hurt most of the preseason so maybe Doug Martin is a better example) played beyond the 1st quarter this preseason.

#6733 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

If there's a certain rookie that we want to test out, can we not just place them #2 in the depth chart so we can get more time to try them out? I don't see anything wrong with that...I'm putting my 2 rookie WRs (one of them could very well end up being my #2 WR, but I don't know at this point) at the 4th and 5th spot on the depth chart (same with my 2 rookie CBs) so I can test them out for 3 quarters a game. It's not intended as some sneaky play to get them more XP, I just already know what I'm gonna get from my team last year, so I wanna get 3 quarters of playing time from my rookies.

I know it's not the same cause they'll be playing against the back-ups, but it still beats only 5 minutes of playing time a game (potentially much less depending on if you're on offense or defense).

#6734 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

That's fine. That's why I asked. I wish they treated 1st and 2nd year players differently and gave them more time. Stephen Hill isn't leaving the game in the 2nd quarter this offseason, I bet. I'm sure someone like Trent Richardson (though I think he was hurt most of the preseason so maybe Doug Martin is a better example) played beyond the 1st quarter this preseason.

No doubt. If we had injuries on, I wouldn't mind people playing their starters as long as they want. But since we don't, it just creates too much of an opportunity for people to use these games to mine for XP without risk of injury.

Trust me, I know what you're saying, if you don't get the ball to start the game you could easily be looking at only a few snaps with your first team offense (I had this problem myself). I wish the game handled it more gracefully as well.

33126.png

#6735 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

If there's a certain rookie that we want to test out, can we not just place them #2 in the depth chart so we can get more time to try them out? I don't see anything wrong with that...I'm putting my 2 rookie WRs (one of them could very well end up being my #2 WR, but I don't know at this point) at the 4th and 5th spot on the depth chart (same with my 2 rookie CBs) so I can test them out for 3 quarters a game. It's not intended as some sneaky play to get them more XP, I just already know what I'm gonna get from my team last year, so I wanna get 3 quarters of playing time from my rookies.

Sure. Most rookies aren't starters after all. All of my rookies came in with the subs so they got much more playing time than my starters (albeit with Sanchize throwing to them).

In the end nobody is policing this, we're on the honor system here. Do whatever you feel is right. As long as nobody is abusing things flagrantly, I'm not going to make an issue out of it.

33126.png

#6736 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Vikings Free Agency Pickup

Added: DT- Letroy Guion
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6737 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Redskins : cb Sheldon brown ovr 81

#6738 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

if.anyone could look for me can u get me a kicker with the highest kick power for my free agent

#6739 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Ravens signed

HB Tobias Bray!!!!!

Are you kidding me that's who I was going to pick up smh. Isn't his ovr like 60's? I thught nobody would find him. :cry:

Eagles also got my back up QB. Ya'll suck. Lol

Edited by GpNinja, 20 November 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#6740 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Trade Up for Review:

49ers send:

Mario Manningham 85 ovr 28 yrs old 1 year remaining 4.39M

Redskins send:

4th round pick

Trade Rejected

The committee didn't feel that just a 4th rounder was adequate compensation for Manningham.

33126.png

#6741 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

When it's my turn to pick up another FA I'll get Craig Dahl SS , Lost him to FA he didn't want to sign back. I doubt anybody will get him.

For the free for all I'll get Delanie Walker TE

These are just back ups I don't think anybody will get them. I won't be at the computer for them. But I don't want to miss filling my roster either.

#6742 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Re-posting. Group 4 will have until roughly 10AM and then we will start round 2 of Free Agency. This time it's teams 1-16 first, until 3PM this afternoon.

Group 4 May Now Pick

1. Jags - FS Nick Collins
2. Seahawks - CB Eric Wright
3. Browns - DT Gerald McCoy
4. Bucs - K Dave Rayner
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders - CB Rashean Mathis
7. Giants
8. Packers
9. Jets - RT Mike Pollak
10. Colts - CB Marcus Trufant
11. Vikings - DT- Letroy Guion
12. Dolphins - TE C. Miilines
13. Chargers
14. Steelers
15. Chiefs - FB Bryan Young
16. Rams -FS Husain Abdullah
17. Titans - TE Clay Harbor
18. Falcons - DT Tyson Alualu
19. Saints
20. Bears
21. Patriots
22. Eagles - QB Garrett Finnegan
23. Broncos - RE Darnell Dockett
24. Cardinals - WR Daniel Kescoli
25. Redskins - CB Sheldon Brown
26. Bengals
27. Panthers - WR Curtis Dozier
28. Bills - RG Ramon Foster
29. Texans
30. 49ers - HB Peyton Hillis
31. Lions
32. Ravens - HB Tobias Bray

This group will have until 10:00 AM EST tomorrow. If you're in group 1-3 and you haven't picked yet, you still can.

A few things to note:

1. If your roster isn't full, you don't need to drop a guy. But please post who you pick up.

2. Keep your cap space in mind. These guys do take contracts, so you might not be able to sign the expensive guys without dropping someone.

3. As always, we go by posts in the thread, not who adds them first in game. Once you post in the thread that you added a guy, he's yours.

4. Make sure you don't sign anyone on the restricted list (can someone re-post that?) unless their owner has said they don't want them.

FA and Preseason Advance Schedule

Monday 10:30AM EST: FA Round 1 Group #2
Monday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #3
Monday 11:00PM EST: FA Round 1 Group #4 (current phase)
Tuesday 10:00AM EST: FA Round 2 1-16 (switching to two groups of 16)
Tuesday 3:00PM EST: FA Round 2 17-32
Tuesday 7:00PM EST: FA Round 3 17-32 (we'll reverse the order for round 3)
Tuesday 8:00PM EST FA Round 3 1-16
Tuesday 9:00PM EST: Free Agency OPEN (after this, it's free-for-all)
Tuesday 10:30PM EST: Advance to preseason Week 2
Wednesday Night: Advance to preseason Week 3
Friday Afternoon: Advance to preseason Week 4
Saturday Morning: Advance to Regular Season

I realize not all the times are even, but we're trying to get both FA and the preseason done without dragging on too much. Hopefully knowing exactly when your FA group is up will also help people out in scheduling.

33126.png

#6743 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

But I don't want to miss filling my roster either.

You won't miss filling your roster. Once we finish round 3 of Free Agency tonight the FA pool will be wide open for the remainder of preseason (at least) so you can sign whoever you want.

33126.png

#6744 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

bv i cant check now im at work but my pick will be a kicker.... i dont know if after my time.period is up.if u would say i couldnt pick cause u missed my timeframe.... as i said yest morning i did pick up the worst kicker and punter just so i could do my practice.... i dunno where aftershock is never responded so i guess my preseason game will get simmed

#6745 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

bv i cant check now im at work but my pick will be a kicker.... i dont know if after my time.period is up.if u would say i couldnt pick cause u missed my timeframe....

You can still pick if you miss your timeframe. That's always been the case.

33126.png

#6746 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Trade Rejected

The committee didn't feel that just a 4th rounder was adequate compensation for Manningham.

I don't understand why when y'all let Bart Scott get traded for a 4th round pick who was a 87 overall !!! I really don't understand this I mean fair is fair I'm starting to think y'all have a" good Ol boy system" in this league which is not cool
Cuz it has been a lot BS going cuz none of your bogus trade never seem to get denied ????

#6747 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

well bart scott is also 33 years old compared to the 28 year old manningham. everything is taken in to consideration im sure and im not in the committee but everything such as age not just overall matter.

Madden 25

#6748 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I don't understand why when y'all let Bart Scott get traded for a 4th round pick who was a 87 overall !!! I really don't understand this I mean fair is fair I'm starting to think y'all have a" good Ol boy system" in this league which is not cool
Cuz it has been a lot BS going cuz none of your bogus trade never seem to get denied ????

Just a Warning, you're walking down a dark and dangerous path.
Posted Image

#6749 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

That is absolutely, positively, enough. If you can't accept the fair evaluation of your trades, you need to stop making them. Putting up with you pestering the committee about your trades and then grousing if they get rejected has about reached its limit.

Your trade wasn't even. It was rejected. End of story. Either you make a new trade or you move on. Try to do it without bitching and moaning, which every other member of the league seems to manage.

The Bart Scott trade was a completely different situation. The Jets literally had no choice but to trade Scott or be over the cap. The 49ers are in no danger of exceeding the cap. Scott also has a huge contract. The trades are not remotely comparable.

As for your ridiculous insinuations about collusion on the committee, this is your final warning on that. Next time it's a strike.

33126.png

#6750 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

RE: Bart Scott

There's plenty of factors beyond overall and everyone should know that by now. I don't have Manningham's contract numbers off the top of my head, but I assume it's not comparable. Then there's also the age factor. I was honestly about to cut Bart Scott given his contract and all the holes in my roster, but was able to find a taker. Very different situation.