Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#8791 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Denver Broncos 21 - Kansas City Chiefs 17

The Broncos played host to the rival Chiefs looking to wrest away control of the AFC West. The game could not have started more disastrously for the Broncos, when the Chiefs followed up an opening drive TD by getting a pick six of Osweiler on the Broncos' first drive to go up 14-0. The Broncos D absolutely dominated from that point forward though, with the only other Chiefs points coming on a FG to close the half after being given a short field by an ill-advised Broncos fake punt from the 50. The offense stabilized enough behind strong running from Willis McGahee to claw out a win.

Osweiler was a solid 8 of 13 for 146 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

Weeden was 7 of 20 for 98 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

Willis McGahee was again the most effective back for the Broncos, taking his 7 carries for 90 yards and 2 TDs. It's good he did, since DMC was abysmal in this one, carrying 13 times for 23 yards. He had a long of 14, which means his other 12 carries resulted in 9 total yards. I don't know if I'm ready to declare McGahee the starter, but he's certainly earning himself a lot more carries with his recent performance.

Charles carried 7 times for 42 yards in this one, but the Chiefs mostly went with the pass despite leading most of the game.

Mitchell Osborne lead the Broncos with his one 65 yard score (the only play all game my receivers were able to beat press coverage). No other Broncos receiver had more than 26 yards.

Tony Moeaki lead the Chiefs with 2 catches for 42 yards, both backbreakers on 3rd down if I recall. I doubled him the rest of the game after that.

The Broncos got 2 sacks from Dumervil and 1 from Haynesworth, while Bailey had a pick. Joe Haden had about 3 bounce right off his hands.

The Chiefs got 2 sacks from Scott and 1 from Hali, in addition to a pick six by Routt.

---
gg staticz! Our games have always been excellent, it's quickly becoming a great division rivalry. Glad I was able to protect the house and salvage a split, especially given how poorly this one started.

That fake punt was pretty dumb, especially since I still had all 3 timeouts and you'd obviously sussed it out. I still probably would have gone for it, but the smarter play was definitely just running a standard formation. Thankfully I held you to only 3, or that might have been the game.

The Broncos move to 8-3-1 and into first place in the AFC West. Chiefs fall to 8-4 but are still obviously right in it. Will be interesting whether the Broncos' tie or the Chiefs' 2nd division loss will come back to haunt either team.

33126.png

#8792 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

If you went into the depth chart you could reinsert them, but it was really odd.

Tough loss to the Broncos. Weeden really let me down on a bad throw to a wide open Bowe. I also didn't run near enough! GG BV, glad to get the split this season :D

edit: BV also was able to see the issue with this game...me not running the effing ball!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#8793 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I also didn't run near enough! GG BV, glad to get the split this season :D

I mentioned this in my write-up, I was shocked to see only 10 rushing attempts. We were both definitely defending the run well (until McGahee started going beast mode anyway) but I agree giving Charles more carries probably would have been a good move, especially since you lead most of the way.

33126.png

#8794 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Based on his last three games of ridiculousness, McGahee now has a higher YPC on the season than McFadden, which is amazing.

Stats on the McDouble through week 13:

McFadden - 157 carries, 880 yards (5.6ypc), 12 TDs
McGahee - 101 carries, 620 yards (6.1ypc), 11 TDs.

dat balance. :D

33126.png

#8795 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Really dropped the ball on that game. Especially since Denver has an arguably easier schedule the rest of the way.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#8796 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Really dropped the ball on that game. Especially since Denver has an arguably easier schedule the rest of the way.

I dunno about that, I should definitely be favored in 3 of my 4 games, but you never know. The 4th one is against Doom though, so you probably have a marginally better chance at running the table than I do. Though I guess it's possible Doom will have nothing to play for by Week 16 and will be resting guys (especially given my history of Adrian Foster killin').

Considering we both hold the tie-breaker over the Bills (which is huge), there's still a decent chance we're both going to make it.

33126.png

#8797 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

raiders and packers have cpu games ..... if we find someone before i can get my bro back online thats fine

Yes, both of you go ahead and play the CPU. We'll see what we're going to do about both teams, but right now there's no reason to let them hold us up.

I PMd superstar(cowboys). Writing for response.

He's been on vacation, though I believe he was supposed to be back today. If you don't hear back tonight though, go ahead and play the CPU. I don't think he'll mind.

Any word on Redskins-Giants?

33126.png

#8798 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Yeah Foster probably won't see the field much down the stretch. We'll see though.

I'm just trying to get Rivers some XP while landing a bye.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#8799 Doo Mane

Doo Mane

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Nope, no response from Man so far, was supposed to play him yesterday but he said he was under the weather so hopefully Giants-Redskins happens today

#8800 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

I'm opening the Bears back up, he's had plenty of time to join up. Let me know if anyone wants them.

33126.png

#8801 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yeah Foster probably won't see the field much down the stretch. We'll see though.

I'm just trying to get Rivers some XP while landing a bye.

I suppose a late collapse by either the Texans or Bengals could change things, but I've considered the byes pretty well wrapped up for a while now. Especially since the Bengals swept the Ravens.

BSETI's having a ridiculous season. Right now I'd consider him or Chetty the most likely first-timers to break into the Super Bowl club.

Nope, no response from Man so far, was supposed to play him yesterday but he said he was under the weather so hopefully Giants-Redskins happens today

Thanks, keep me posted.

33126.png

#8802 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Bucs Vs Packers tomorrow at 6:30 est if we advance.

#8803 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I'm opening the Bears back up, he's had plenty of time to join up. Let me know if anyone wants them.

Hey if the Bears are still open I'll take them. I'm in the Gentlemans League but I generally find that I have more than enough time to play. My gamertag is BillyMcDugal86 if I could join. Thanks.

#8804 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Hey if the Bears are still open I'll take them. I'm in the Gentlemans League but I generally find that I have more than enough time to play. My gamertag is BillyMcDugal86 if I could join. Thanks.

Sure thing. Could you PM siradam134, he can send you an invite.

33126.png

#8805 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Cowboys\Seahawks is going down in about 30 minutes

#8806 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

The NFC is wide open... Me and cru could be dropped before the championship rd...I'm mad the 2 bros took the NFC 1 and 2. Also ma beat me cru and doom this could be his yr

#8807 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

The NFC is wide open... Me and cru could be dropped before the championship rd...I'm mad the 2 bros took the NFC 1 and 2. Also ma beat me cru and doom this could be his yr

yeh i have a couple tough games left You and MA again for my last 2 games. should be a tough finish to the season. Hope i can stay at that one spot.

#8808 Doo Mane

Doo Mane

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

No need to pass when your up 14 with a little bit over a minute to go, just kneel the ball to end the game

#8809 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

hey could anyone tell me the password to get into the league, I tried all the ones I've used in the past. I'm taking over for the Bears so I'd like to try to get my game in tomorrow if it is possible.

#8810 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

hey could anyone tell me the password to get into the league, I tried all the ones I've used in the past. I'm taking over for the Bears so I'd like to try to get my game in tomorrow if it is possible.

Honestly, I don't remember what it is off the top of my head. As I said above, PM siradam134 and he'll send you an invite.

Edit: You should have an invite waiting for you.

Edited by bvharris, 04 January 2013 - 02:04 PM.

33126.png

#8811 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

What's left? The two CPU games?

#8812 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

What's left? The two CPU games?

Yes, that looks to be it. We now have an owner for the Bears, but I'm not sure they'll be able to schedule it for today. The Chargers-Raiders game can be simmed if not played. Look for us to advance pretty early this evening.

33126.png

#8813 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I sent Matt Young a PM about getting in the packers bears tonight, havent heard back but I just send the PM last night.

#8814 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I sent Matt Young a PM about getting in the packers bears tonight, havent heard back but I just send the PM last night.

K, keep us posted.

33126.png

#8815 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Can someone post who the steelers play when you get a shot?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#8816 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Can someone post who the steelers play when you get a shot?

Dolphins.

33126.png

#8817 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hey I was wondering what the overall consensus is with the player traits. From what I've looked up some say its important, some say its important with simming, and others say its not worth it and just boost their stats. I was curious what people on here generally thought.

#8818 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Billy, I just read your PM. Thankful that the BNears got an owner, since I didn'twant to play the CPU. I can play at 6:30 Eastern today, which was why I asked Hemingway to play at that time. Can you play me then instead?

EDIT: Just read latest PM, and I see you can't play til a few hours after then. I'm game, but I'm not sure if everyone's willing to wait.

#8819 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

i have to leave at 6:40 est and will probably be back around 9:30 est, if there's any chance you could do it at 5:45 est otherwise I would have to wait till I get back from work.
essentially i have an interview at 2:45 est, probably done at 4, back at 4:30, so if there's a way to fit it in the 4:30-6:30 window so i can leave for work again, otherwise we'll just wait till after im back.

#8820 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Crap. No, I can't play any earlier. Again, I can play you after you get off work, but I understand that people may not want to wait any longer. If we're allowed to play, great. But I understand if it has to be simmed.