Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#10441 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Does it matter if u gotta cut players at the end of preseason

It only matters insofar as people take it to the extreme. I'm fine with signing a few guys for competition's sake and to try out some fresh faces, but carrying 10 WRs is just excessive and it denies other teams the opportunity to try out those guys.

I would like clarity on something though. My rookie qb was subbed in by the CPU and never subbed out by the CPU. Is there something against having my 2nd qb play for three full quarters in preseason or am I mandated to make sure each of my qb's play for the hell of it? I'm not mining xp, but I don't see the need to put my 3rd qb in

As far as I'm concerned there's no reason you should have to put a 3rd QB in if you have 3. When I carried 3 QBs on the roster last season I didn't get them all into preseason games.

My only question would be if your rookie is actually your "2nd QB". If you're still planning to start Fitzpatrick then fine, but if your plan for the season is to start the rookie than it should probably be Fitz getting the backup minutes.

33126.png

#10442 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

As far as I'm concerned there's no reason you should have to put a 3rd QB in if you have 3. When I carried 3 QBs on the roster last season I didn't get them all into preseason games.

My only question would be if your rookie is actually your "2nd QB". If you're still planning to start Fitzpatrick then fine, but if your plan for the season is to start the rookie than it should probably be Fitz getting the backup minutes.

You also have to think. Some people don't always know who they will start thats why there is preseason to try both players out. im not saying thats what this is but it deff would be a good time to try out a new QB.

#10443 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Its hard because my rookie CBS over is better then most of my CBS but how can u know how good he is playing a quarter. Now I plan on starting him I think but if I put him as second string to get more use out of him I don't see how that's wrong... in my opinion rookies should be an exception... but with that said the 2 games I played the bears frank gore and Larry Fitzgerald play pretty much the whole time and fitz was at te.

#10444 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm actually undecided because I don't know how consistent the Rookie can/will be. I'm leaning toward Fitzpatrick for now because I know what I'll get but I'm still learning the Rookie.

#10445 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Its hard because my rookie CBS over is better then most of my CBS but how can u know how good he is playing a quarter. Now I plan on starting him I think but if I put him as second string to get more use out of him I don't see how that's wrong... in my opinion rookies should be an exception...

Injuries are off in the preseason. I feel like I've provided this same explanation every time this question comes up and yet we always circle back to it. Would you give the same burn to players you intend to start during the season in a meaningless game if injuries were a concern? Maybe you would, but the fact is now you can do it with impunity.

Maybe the answer is to keep injuries on and then let people play starters as much as they want. Would you guys prefer that?

33126.png

#10446 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I think the vest course of action is to turn injuries on. Then it is up to us as owners to determine whether or not a guy plays the whole game.

#10447 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I think the vest course of action is to turn injuries on. Then it is up to us as owners to determine whether or not a guy plays the whole game.

The only potential problem with this is that more games are simmed in the preseason, and injuries tend to occur a bit more often in sims. The CPU also doesn't sub out starters in them.

Maybe we could turn injuries on for those who want to play their games and then off again for the sims.

33126.png

#10448 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I think getting through the preseason quickly is more pressing than any of the playing time issues. I say leave em off for the sake of sims. It seems like a great bit of work to continuously toggle them on/off.

#10449 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I think getting through the preseason quickly is more pressing than any of the playing time issues. I say leave em off for the sake of sims. It seems like a great bit of work to continuously toggle them on/off.

Not really, it's as simple as flipping a switch before and after advance.

If we leave them off, the rules about not playing starters all game are still going to be in effect. It's just too fertile a ground for XP mining otherwise.

33126.png

#10450 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yeah...you're right. For some reason I was assuming that games could be simmed before the advance took place.

#10451 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just leave it how it is, leave backups in and just push through the games. None of it matters anyways, there isn't any reason to have people keep starters in just for XP purposes (which we all know is the only reason people want to leave their starters in all game).

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#10452 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Has anyone actually monitored how much XP their players are getting in preseason? I can only speak from my own experience, but the amount of XP even my best performers get is negligible. If I'm lucky, I'll get 200 or 300 XP at best.

#10453 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Has anyone actually monitored how much XP their players are getting in preseason? I can only speak from my own experience, but the amount of XP even my best performers get is negligible. If I'm lucky, I'll get 200 or 300 XP at best.

That is because you suck :lol:

#10454 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

i would like to keep inj on honestly because I want things to be realistic. inj off is lame to me

#10455 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

:'( WOW where is the Trade Committee camaraderie!! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE EACH OTHERS' BACKS FOR LIFE! That was the pledge!

#10456 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

That is because you suck :lol:

My rookie Linebacker (the #3 Pick) got 3500 xp from game one.....he was a backup to Dionte Tyson.
Posted Image

#10457 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Waiting to hear back from the jags owner so we can play our game.

#10458 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Waiting to hear back from gpninja

#10459 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

None of it matters anyways, there isn't any reason to have people keep starters in just for XP purposes (which we all know is the only reason people want to leave their starters in all game).[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I have 4 rookies who will probably start all season and I could give two shits about XP? It's far more important to me to see how they play on the field than it is to boost there awareness by a few points.

For the record they sit as much as they should in pre-season. But I had to address your comment on XP mining. Cause if I could play with them all game, I would, and it would have Zero to do with XP.

---------

Also, I think that the Eagles have more passing touchdowns in the first 2 pre-season games than they had all last season. A New Era has begun in Philly!
MurdaModeLV

#10460 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Waiting to hear back from the jags owner so we can play our game.

Yeah, sorry, today is super busy. I am around for a couple of hours then I won't be home till later. (I also have a Gentleman's league game at 9p also) If you can't play in the next couple hours, I will set myself on auto an you can play the CPU.

#10461 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Waiting to hear back from gpninja

Ditto for week 3
MurdaModeLV

#10462 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Ditto for week 3

Lv if u can could u ask bseti to message me if he can play I'll be home in 30 up till 8

#10463 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

None of it matters anyways, there isn't any reason to have people keep starters in just for XP purposes (which we all know is the only reason people want to leave their starters in all game).

What are you talking about? I have 4 rookies who will probably start all season and I could give two shits about XP? It's far more important to me to see how they play on the field than it is to boost there awareness by a few points.

For the record they sit as much as they should in pre-season. But I had to address your comment on XP mining. Cause if I could play with them all game, I would, and it would have Zero to do with XP.

---------

Also, I think that the Eagles have more passing touchdowns in the first 2 pre-season games than they had all last season. A New Era has begun in Philly!

So then play it like an NFL coach would and keep your best players to start the game and have your rookies as backups so you can see how they do?

#10464 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

So then play it like an NFL coach would and keep your best players to start the game and have your rookies as backups so you can see how they do?

What if you want to start ur rookies to see how they do cause they might start?

#10465 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Head Coaches in the NFL treat the preseason like the exploratory, developmental setting it is. Unfortunately, with all of the complexities of an online madden game, we don't have that luxury.

#10466 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I've been going like BV said, I plan on starting them, so I have them as starters in pre-season.

Week 4, will be mostly starters for 3 quarters anyway, so it won't matter much longer.

Plus Nicky Foles is putting up quite a fight for that QB job.
MurdaModeLV

#10467 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

This is likely my last season unfortunately so if Deuce can't find a team, he can have these Texans.

Moving to Korea after I graduate so I don't even want to imagine what the lag would be like.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#10468 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

This is likely my last season unfortunately so if Deuce can't find a team, he can have these Texans.

Moving to Korea after I graduate so I don't even want to imagine what the lag would be like.

Damn dude, sorry to hear we'll be losing you. FWIW, Korea has the fastest internet in the world, it makes ours look like early 90s dial-up, though I'm not sure what their connection to XBL or EA's servers is like.

That's exciting though, why the move to Korea?

33126.png

#10469 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Damn dude, sorry to hear we'll be losing you. FWIW, Korea has the fastest internet in the world, though I'm not sure what their connection to XBL is like.

That's exciting though, why the move to Korea?

Teaching English over there. The money is decent and they take care of all rent and travel expenses.

The stress of trying to find an entry level job after I graduate has been eating away at me so I'm taking the sure thing abroad for now. Hopefully that opens a few doors for me.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#10470 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Looking for a wife. Got it. ;)

Joking aside, that is what a lot of people there are going to assume you're there for, so be prepared for that.

I'm jealous though, that sounds awesome.

33126.png