Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#10561 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am not sure who I play since my internet hasn't been working for a few days now. Suddenlink is coming this morning so hopefully the issue is resolved..

#10562 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Harris would you mind please giving me back Taylor? I had no idea he would be cut.

I don't mind, I'll drop him later today when I get on Madden. For future reference though, you're responsible for your own roster, the CPU is only going to make cuts if you don't do it yourself. Take this is a useful reminder always to stay on top of your roster. You're fortunate I'm the one who picked him up.

33126.png

#10563 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I havnt been online since week 2 preseason so I'll have to check also

#10564 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Just to clarify, we're not going to be shuffling rosters because of CPU cuts. I'm dropping him as a courtesy to a new guy in the league, I'm not going to oblige anybody else to do the same. CPU cuts are a risk you run if you don't stay on top of your rosters.

33126.png

#10565 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Just to clarify, we're not going to be shuffling rosters because of CPU cuts. I'm dropping him as a courtesy to a new guy in the league, I'm not going to oblige anybody else to do the same. CPU cuts are a risk you run if you don't stay on top of your rosters.

Thank you much appreciated

#10566 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Jags vs Patriots going down. My 55OVR 6th Round QB will be making the start. He seemed really good in practice/preseason. Should be interesting.

#10567 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

In need of help at LB. Anybody looking to trade?

#10568 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Chiefs - 45
Browns - 10

Welp...first game to produce a highlight video and I didn't hit record :roll:

Chiefs were dominate in this one scoring 14 points in the first minute of the game thanks to Charles and Eric Berry. After that there wasn't much swinging the Browns way. Manning 8 for 18 with 1 TD and 4 INTs and the Browns running game only managed to gain 35 yards.

35 yards on the ground isn't very good but the Chiefs managed -3 passing yards....yes negative three yards. Luckily Charles was in charge (see what I did there), rushing for 201 yards on 20 carries.

The game ball has to go to Josh Cribbs who was nearly cut after a lackluster preseason. Cribbs ran a punt back for a score and had returned a FG attempt for a 109 yard score!

Defensively Flowers and Berry both had a pair of INTs while rookie OLB Alves led the team with 2 sacks.

GG Mile High! Things just didn't go your way in the beginning and it is always tough to come back from that.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#10569 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Chiefs - 45
Browns - 10

Welp...first game to produce a highlight video and I didn't hit record :roll:

Chiefs were dominate in this one scoring 14 points in the first minute of the game thanks to Charles and Eric Berry. After that there wasn't much swinging the Browns way. Manning 8 for 18 with 1 TD and 4 INTs and the Browns running game only managed to gain 35 yards.

35 yards on the ground isn't very good but the Chiefs managed -3 passing yards....yes negative three yards. Luckily Charles was in charge (see what I did there), rushing for 201 yards on 20 carries.

The game ball has to go to Josh Cribbs who was nearly cut after a lackluster preseason. Cribbs ran a punt back for a score and had returned a FG attempt for a 109 yard score!

Defensively Flowers and Berry both had a pair of INTs while rookie OLB Alves led the team with 2 sacks.

GG Mile High! Things just didn't go your way in the beginning and it is always tough to come back from that.

Yes it was a very tough game for me. My Linebackers are complete garbage. I counted at least 3 or perhaps 4 times where I had Charles stuffed in the back field for a loss and yet he still managed to get by my linebackers for a 10+ yard gain. Very frustrating.

My running game was ok but I had to abandon it so early due to being down 21-3. I wish I could of provided a more balanced attack.

Perhaps the one area of the game that frustrated me most was the coverage by Flowers. No matter what route I had Platt run, Flowers was there. This despite the fact that Platt has terrific release and incredible speed. I don't get how he never once got separation.

Lastly great punt returns for a TD by Cribbs. Nicely done though I noticed the 109 yard play did not count as a kick return TD or punt return TD, so that really sucks. He was only credited with one TD.

With that said, I am in need of some upgrades at LB. Please send an offer.

#10570 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Perhaps the one area of the game that frustrated me most was the coverage by Flowers. No matter what route I had Platt run, Flowers was there. This despite the fact that Platt has terrific release and incredible speed. I don't get how he never once got separation.

Flowers' brother-in-law is one of the lead developers on Madden, there's secret code in the game that makes him impossible to throw on. True story.

33126.png

#10571 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Flowers' brother-in-law is one of the lead developers on Madden, there's secret code in the game that makes him impossible to throw on. True story.

I like to think it is my uncanny ability to develop talent.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#10572 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

90+ rated players available. Looking for cb help in return.

Weddle FS
Phillips OLB
Gates TE

#10573 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Jaguars over come Patriots 20-17

My Rookie QB Delonte Flowers came to play, and ended up going 12-19, 201yds, 2Tds, and 1INT. He was dead on almost all game. Great game og! I explicitly focused on Gronk, and you got me a couple of times with Lloyd.

#10574 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I like to think it is my uncanny ability to develop talent.

Nope.

#10575 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Panthers, Bengals, Texans....ugh. Should have tanked the last game and got 2nd in the division.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#10576 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Panthers, Bengals, Texans....ugh. Should have tanked the last game and got 2nd in the division.

Panthers are in the NFC, you play them no matter what. And we both play the Bengals. Only difference is you get Doom and I don't, and then you get the Bills while I get the Jets.

#10577 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

How difficult does my schedule look? I don't know how good most of you guys are but on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most difficult) what do you guys think my schedule would be rated?

Broncos (Twice)
Bengals
Browns
Colts
Buccaneers
Chiefs (Twice)
Raiders (Twice)
Ravens
Steelers
Dolphins
Panthers
Saints
Falcons

#10578 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

How difficult does my schedule look? I don't know how good most of you guys are but on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most difficult) what do you guys think my schedule would be rated?

Broncos (Twice)
Bengals
Browns
Colts
Buccaneers
Chiefs (Twice)
Raiders (Twice)
Ravens
Steelers
Dolphins
Panthers
Saints
Falcons

Broncos - 0
Chiefs - 10

J/k. Umm looks like 8 games against playoff teams.

#10579 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Broncos (Twice)- playoffs
Bengals- playoffs
Browns
Colts
Buccaneers- playoffs
Chiefs (Twice)- playoffs
Raiders (Twice)
Ravens- playoffs
Steelers
Dolphins
Panthers- playoffs
Saints
Falcons

Not going to rate it, but I edited in the playoff teams from last season for you

#10580 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Internet fixed!

Cowboys\Giants starting now

#10581 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

What is the rule for subbing QB's in and out? Sorry in the middle of a game so it's hard to look it up.

#10582 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Not allowed in the middle of drives

#10583 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Er, well it's happened on every drive of this game so far, lol.

#10584 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

What is the rule for subbing QB's in and out? Sorry in the middle of a game so it's hard to look it up.

This. You can swap them out mid-drive, but you need to send your opponent a message saying you are. If it's to start a drive, no message is required.

33126.png

#10585 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yep. Doo Mane is swapping between Joe Webb and Eli Manning in the same drive on every one of his drives so far. That's why I was asking

#10586 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

In need of help at LB. Anybody looking to trade?

Send me a proposal for riley

#10587 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yep. Doo Mane is swapping between Joe Webb and Eli Manning in the same drive on every one of his drives so far. That's why I was asking

Pause the game and tell him to stop.

Doo Mane, please review the rules on hot swapping QBs.

33126.png

#10588 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Pause the game and tell him to stop.

Doo Mane, please review the rules on hot swapping QBs.

The game is over now. He was clearly better than me. I am not making excuses for my loss and I am not sure if he was aware of the rule (since I wasn't either obviously, haha). Hopefully he doesn't do it again though.

Edit: He apologized and didn't know the rule. All is well!

#10589 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

If they're wildcat runs where it specifically says wildcat, isn't that allowed?

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#10590 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

ya, thats in the rules too.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs