Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#10771 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Dropping 11 in coverage would seem to be a pretty poor strategy, considering the QB could just stand there all day waiting for someone to get open.

I agree though, it's very unrealistic. Was it actually 11? Not a single guy rushing?

33126.png

#10772 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I watched a bit of your stream when you had it up, but then the quality took a nose dive after a few minutes (I like the highlight videos mroe than the stream personally).

Same. I watched some of the stream versus the Panthers, but the quality was too poor to really get much out of it.

33126.png

#10773 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

the 11 man coverage came first. he then would drop 10 in coverage and rush one when i was in a 2 wideout one te formation in the 1st q. so in the 2nd q i put in tyrod. He was still winning the whole game and in the 3rd q we lost connection. he made it seem like tyrod wasnt playing until that one drive. in the 3rd which wasnt true

i really dont like to snitich or anything but i am kinda force to in this situation

#10774 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Dropping 11 in coverage would seem to be a pretty poor strategy, considering the QB could just stand there all day waiting for someone to get open.

I agree though, it's very unrealistic. Was it actually 11? Not a single guy rushing?

but when your down by 17 points it takes time to find someone open. so to get a good drive would take time and anyone who plays me i go for the big plays because for some reason the dbs catch better than the WR. we only play 5min q

#10775 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

and to clear everything up i didnt hot swap tyrod i put him in at the beg of a drive in the second q. do i still have to send a message just making sure

but is my game getting simmed because doo man already said he didnt want to play the game?

#10776 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I would just always send a message saying you are swapping QBs just to be on the safe side no matter what. It takes all of 30 seconds to do.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#10777 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I would just always send a message saying you are swapping QBs just to be on the safe side no matter what. It takes all of 30 seconds to do.

o ok just making sure

#10778 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I would recommend everyone get the Xbox SmartGlass app so you can send messages quickly and during play. It's available on iPhone, I would guess Android too.

#10779 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

but is my game getting simmed because doo man already said he didnt want to play the game?

I think it should be played again if possible.

33126.png

#10780 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I would recommend everyone get the Xbox SmartGlass app so you can send messages quickly and during play. It's available on iPhone, I would guess Android too.

It is a nice app. You could even just have your laptop open by you. There are many options if you don't want to pause it and shoot a quick message.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#10781 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I can't multi quote from a phone but thanks for the input BV and Troy. I was wondering what the quality was actually like, I'll probably stick to highlights for now.

#10782 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

mog was wrong for not sending a message about switching qbs. but i wouldnt say doo mane's defense was much more than cheese play with 11 man coverage thats insane even 10 is to much. if anything i would say that's fighting cheese with cheese.

9 man coverage is enough to get a job done i would atleast send one guy at the qb with another in qb spy with 9 guys in coverage but seriously all 11 guy i coverage. i would have sent him a message complaining about it if i was mog and if it didnt stop i would have quit.

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

Season 1: 0-0

#10783 Doo Mane

Doo Mane

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

mog was wrong for not sending a message but i wouldnt say doo mane's defense was much more than cheese play with 11 man coverage thats insane even 10 is to much. if anything i would say that's fighting cheese with cheese.

9 man coverage is enough to get a job done i would atleast send one guy at the qb with another in qb spy with 9 guys in coverage but seriously all 11 guy i coverage

I didn't do it every play like he says. I did leave a spy and send atleast 1 guy after the qb sometimes as well. Only reason I did that was because he came out in the exact same set each time. It's all good though cause we're replaying at 4EST I think. What I don't get though, is the no-huddling while scrambling 5 wide. Since he was no huddling I didn't really have the time to set "11 man coverage". He was only down 13 in the 3rd, you still got plenty of time no need to no-huddle. Oh and also the people on my defense suck ass so they needed a little extra help imo.

Edited by Doo Mane, 08 February 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#10784 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

So easy to counter, just redirect your receivers or run the ball.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#10785 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

that why i put tyrod in for the rest of the game. and how do you redirect WR

#10786 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

mog was wrong for not sending a message about switching qbs. but i wouldnt say doo mane's defense was much more than cheese play with 11 man coverage thats insane even 10 is to much. if anything i would say that's fighting cheese with cheese.

9 man coverage is enough to get a job done i would atleast send one guy at the qb with another in qb spy with 9 guys in coverage but seriously all 11 guy i coverage. i would have sent him a message complaining about it if i was mog and if it didnt stop i would have quit.

and I didnt complain even tho i was losing.

#10787 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

i know just run the ball or wait for someone to get open, but no1 should be droppin 11. i hate that, i feel u should have to rush at least 2. thats as much of a ranked match move as anything

#10788 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

that why i put tyrod in for the rest of the game. and how do you redirect WR

Hold LT and flick the right stick in the direction you want your receiver to go. It directs the closest receiver to the line of scrimmage.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#10789 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

that is something that should be banned or let people sub in QBs but ONLY IF they are using 11 man coverage when going to 5 wide

#10790 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

but no1 should be droppin 11. i hate that, i feel u should have to rush at least 2. thats as much of a ranked match move as anything

I agree. We'll discuss putting this into the rules.

33126.png

#10791 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hold LT and flick the right stick in the direction you want your receiver to go. It directs the closest receiver to the line of scrimmage.

Posted Image

33126.png

#10792 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

yea i mean theres no defensive play in any playbook that has less than 3 players rushing, cuz it would never happen in real life even in hail mary situations. i think its a terrible stradegy too i rarely rush less than 4

actually maybe 9velcro but thats it

#10793 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I've got a couple plays that rush only 2, though I don't use them. I agree it's a terrible strategy.

33126.png

#10794 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I thought the rule was no hotswappin qb during a drive.... mog told me he did it after a kickoff and kept it that way till they disconnected... which under the rules is not wrong cause its a new possession. only those 2 know the truth but just figured I'd throw that out there... I think both of them played pretty shitty and ranked match like from what I've read and heard...

#10795 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I would really like to know if dropping 10-11 players in coverage is an acceptable counter to a 5-wide offense...cause that would help me SO much against Hemingway lol. I never rush less than 3 regardless of what my opponent is running, I think repeatedly dropping 9 or more is one of the cheesier things you can do in this game.

#10796 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I thought the rule was no hotswappin qb during a drive.... mog told me he did it after a kickoff and kept it that way till they disconnected... which under the rules is not wrong cause its a new possession. only those 2 know the truth but just figured I'd throw that out there... I think both of them played pretty shitty and ranked match like from what I've read and heard...

Even if that's true, and like you say there's really no way for us to know for sure, scrambling instantly on 5-wide formations is also against the rules.

Now, that doesn't mean that dropping 11 into coverage isn't also some ranked match bullshit, and I agree that it is. But two wrongs don't make a right.

Like I said, we'll be discussing whether to amend the rules to cover dropping 10/11 guys into coverage. It really hasn't come up before because honestly I can only remember one or two complaints in league history about someone actually doing it.

33126.png

#10797 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

not that we need to start "just because they do it in the nfl we should in madden" but as a bills fan I have seen the patriots and other teams with multiple td leads rushing 1 or 2 on a consistent basis in the 4th quarter. I think like everything there is a good counter for anything you could do. I'd say the best defense for only sending 1 or 2 rushers is to not be down by a lot of scores

#10798 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Completely off topic, but has anyone had someone get a concussion in madden 13 yet? I haven't had it happen to anyone in either league.

#10799 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Completely off topic, but has anyone had someone get a concussion in madden 13 yet? I haven't had it happen to anyone in either league.

I think EA used up all of their concussions on NHL 13.

#10800 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think EA used up all of their concussions on NHL 13.

That game really rubbed you the wrong way :lol: