Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#11701 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Edited by Dark Rider, 01 March 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#11702 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'll leave it at this: It was the most flagrant violation of the rule that I can remember. There was no gray area or possibility that it was a mistake. Very serious consideration was given to banning him outright.

Man told us he was leaving for 8 days and tried to have two significantly better players sub for him, which we declined (partially because of what he'd done). He can take this time off from the league to reflect on running up the score on people and why it's wrong. If nothing else, let this prove that we are deadly serious about curbing this shit.

That's it. We're not going to get into a big debate about it, all three commissioners were in agreement on the seriousness of what he'd done and that a strike alone wasn't sufficient. Think about whether its worth casting in your lot with someone who threw for a TD with a minute left in a game they were already winning by 30+. At least on this issue. Sometimes there just aren't two sides to a debate.

I understand that, but that doesn't make it fair. It's unfortunate that this is the only way to do subs now, but it is what it is. He's in no position to make the playoffs, and having one of the better players in the league sub for him at this point is neither fair for the Redskins or fair for any of their opponents.

I'm not on his side I'm on the side of not letting this happen to anyone else. I agree running up the score is bad and you should punish him based on that. Give 2 strikes but to put him on auto is wrong both teams are not having the best year so a sim should have been best.

And to decline his sub is crazy. So if he selected someone that is a worse player he would of been approved right??

#11703 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

You're seriously going on about this? Man the commissioners in this league have a lot of patience for stupid stuff.

Also why should a sim have taken place? It was posted for everyone to see that man was unavailable from 3/1-3/9 thus his only day to play was yesterday. If it was important for man2008 to get it in he would have actively got in touch with his week 12 opponent. This isn't rocket science. LV posted that he also had one night it and was actively trying to get in touch with man2008. Seeing as neither could play today the commissioners put him on auto. I'm guessing your questioning is making some of them wish they would have kicked him.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#11704 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'm not on his side I'm on the side of not letting this happen to anyone else. I agree running up the score is bad and you should punish him based on that. Give 2 strikes but to put him on auto is wrong both teams are not having the best year so a sim should have been best.

Nothing "happened to him." This situation is entirely of his own making.

And to decline his sub is crazy. So if he selected someone that is a worse player he would of been approved right??

Yes. It's the opposite of crazy mog, and if you could step back for a second and be remotely objective you would see that. The Redskins are 3-7, currently no threat to make the playoffs. If he misses 4 games, Ramesu subs, and wins all 4.. How is that fair to anyone? It's the difference between being completely out of the race and right back in it.

I'm 100% confident that the correct decision was reached here, in fact given the seriousness of what he did I think he's probably getting off easy. Especially considering that the first thing he did when returning to the thread was not apologizing to Superstar but bitching about the ramifications.

Man the commissioners in this league have a lot of patience for stupid stuff.

It helps to have three of us.

33126.png

#11705 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Broncos-Browns going down at 4:30PM EST today.

33126.png

#11706 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

You're seriously going on about this? Man the commissioners in this league have a lot of patience for stupid stuff.

Also why should a sim have taken place? It was posted for everyone to see that man was unavailable from 3/1-3/9 thus his only day to play was yesterday. If it was important for man2008 to get it in he would have actively got in touch with his week 12 opponent. This isn't rocket science. LV posted that he also had one night it and was actively trying to get in touch with man2008. Seeing as neither could play today the commissioners put him on auto. I'm guessing your questioning is making some of them wish they would have kicked him.

Ok cool and is troy even in this league anymore???

#11707 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Ok cool and is troy even in this league anymore???

With as many problems as you've had as of late, I'm surprised you keep pushing it. BV asked you to stop, but you just keep at it. Really shows the lack of respect you have for the commissioners and the league in general. It's sad that some people are really only here to win at video game football and nothing more.

But yeah...if being in the league was a requirement for making an intelligent, worthwhile contribution, aren't you long overdue?

#11708 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Does finger tourettes fall under intelligent, worthwhile contribution?

CAGFL: (187-31)

#11709 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

With as many problems as you've had as of late, I'm surprised you keep pushing it. BV asked you to stop, but you just keep at it. Really shows the lack of respect you have for the commissioners and the league in general. It's sad that some people are really only here to win at video game football and nothing more.

But yeah...if being in the league was a requirement for making an intelligent, worthwhile contribution, aren't you long overdue?

lol your real funny, I play madden because I enjoy just simply playing the game. I could care less about wins and losses. but I have respect for everyone who takes time out of there day to help a video game league move forward. But my problem is when there are exceptions to rules being forced on people (lets say outside the box). I not sure but didnt BV sub for LV before?? when Bv have been putting up good season records after good season records. No one opposed to it but since man needs a sub and asked someone he trust there is a problem and is declined?? At the end of the day its a video game and if man found someone to take on his team's games whats wrong with that? not to metioned Cru is in the NFC and man didnt mind him subbing. and if people is scared about losing out on the playoffs maybe they should step their game up because in this Madden 13 there has more crying then ever

#11710 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Does finger tourettes fall under intelligent, worthwhile contribution?

No, but finger turrets might. Now, that would be pretty cool. "pew pew".

#11711 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

in this Madden 13 there has more crying then ever

A sizable majority of it by you. You seem to be complaining about people bitching and moaning here, somehow forgetting the fact that you do more of it than anybody else in the league.

Seriously, you just do not know when to quit. I don't know how someone manages to be so obtuse and wrong all the time and yet continue to try and make arguments that just flail about and fail so spectacularly. Especially when the situation doesn't even involve you. What do you gain by it?

You know what might have helped this situation? If man had come into the thread after what he did and shown some contrition for it, even though it was inexcusable. But nothing. All he does is show up and bitch, and then you come in and argue for him; well absolutely nobody is sympathetic, I assure you.

Your argument is beyond weak mog, you're not going to win it. Let it go.

33126.png

#11712 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

i talked to the steelers owner and he gave me permission to play against the cpu so if someone can put him on auto....

but BV did u really sub for LV before??

as far as crying i am referring to people saying this person did this and that in games im just the victim lol

#11713 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

but BV did u really sub for LV before??

Yes, in season one, at which time we had similar records. He also subbed for me that same season. And played you. And you beat him. I wouldn't sub for him now given the disparity in our records.

I'm sorry if you thought this was going to be some gigantic trump card in your argument, but it isn't.

33126.png

#11714 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yes, in season one, at which time we had similar records. He also subbed for me that same season. And played you. And you beat him. I wouldn't sub for him now given the disparity in our records.

I'm sorry if you thought this was going to be some gigantic trump card in your argument, but it isn't.

ok cool just wanted to know thanks

#11715 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Does my record suffice enough to sub in for man2008 and as far as him coming in here I'm positive he is on a road and I know for a fact on the phone device he has it takes forever to navigate the site so I am posting to say I can sub in for him.

#11716 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

So I've been dicking around with commentating on ranked games. I gotta give it to the guys that do this on YouTube. I sound like a retarded Chris Mullen...and Chris Mullen already sounds retarded on ESPN.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#11717 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hopefully the banged up Chargers defense can hold off KC in this division rivalry game.

#11718 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

So can cru sub for me or I'm goin be on auto !

#11719 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

These division games are killing me!

I have now lost 4 division games to the Broncos and the Chiefs by a TOTAL of 17 points.
16-10
13-10
19-14
20-17

KC had no turnovers and amazingly went 7-10 on 3rd downs, which killed me. The one interception I threw basically went for a pick 6 (he brought it back to the 1). On my last drive with 10 seconds left and no time outs I get a bone head delay of game penalty and the 10 second run off rule ended my hopes of a comeback. I can't catch a break.

GG Staticz

#11720 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Denver Broncos 52 - Cleveland Browns 14

The Broncos traveled to Cleveland to face former QB Peyton Manning and the vaunted Browns passing attack, and showed them a thing or two about secondary play, picking up 6 INTs before Manning managed to convert on a couple of late TDs once the subs were in.

Osweiler was 4 of 7 for 61 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT before yielding to Sanchez in the 3rd.

Manning was 16 of 34 for 322 yards, 2 TDs and 6 INTs.

McFadden carried 12 times for 156 yards and 2 TDs while McGahee had 16 carries for 48 yards and a TD.

Richardson had 2 carries for 7 yards for the Browns, who once again were all pass.

Demaryius Thomas lead the Broncos with 2 catches for 36 yards and a TD.

Baltimore had 4 catches for 167 yards and 2 TDs, both late. Trent Platt had 6 catches for 102 yards, every single one of them with Jason McCourty on him. Haden/Champ completely shut him down when they had the coverage.

Von Miller continued his DPOY campaign, grabbing 2 more sacks as well as a pick. It was a great day all around for the linebackers, with Mays getting a pick six and Williams getting a pick as well as a FF which McCourty scooped and scored on. Champ Bailey added 2 picks of his own, while Quinton Carter had one. An all around defensive effort in this one.

Aaron Berry had a pick for the Browns on a deep ball in the end zone, but otherwise not much from the Browns D in this one.

---
gg Mile High!

I knew Platt was going to get his, but I was very pleased he only got loose against McCourty. I did my best to keep Champ or Haden on him at all times (and even used a few TOs to get that matchup). This is one of those games where it's annoying that Madden took out the defensive assignments feature, since it made me work a lot harder to make sure Champ or Haden were on him, which didn't always work.

Broncos move to 9-2, continuing their strong post-bye stretch.

33126.png

#11721 Mile High Von

Mile High Von

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Platt was shut down in game but he did have two catches with Champ on him in the first half for just under 50 yards.

#11722 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Platt was shut down in game but he did have two catches with Champ on him in the first half for just under 50 yards.

I don't remember those but I'll take your word for it.

I had to guess when he would be in the slot and sometimes I guessed wrong.

#11723 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Chiefs over the Chargers 20-17

The Chargers did a good job of holding Charles in check but Bowe was able to come through (for once) when we needed a big play. Berry was a monster on defense, though it is concerning when your safety is the top tackler.

Overall my secondary played very poorly. In one highlight you'll see 9 guys around the player that catches the ball.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#11724 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

if Man doesn't mind, I'll sub for him. i could use the tuning up

#11725 njrockpd

njrockpd

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

These division games are killing me!

I have now lost 4 division games to the Broncos and the Chiefs by a TOTAL of 17 points.
16-10
13-10
19-14
20-17

KC had no turnovers and amazingly went 7-10 on 3rd downs, which killed me. The one interception I threw basically went for a pick 6 (he brought it back to the 1). On my last drive with 10 seconds left and no time outs I get a bone head delay of game penalty and the 10 second run off rule ended my hopes of a comeback. I can't catch a break.

GG Staticz

That's why you won not bowe.

#11726 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

That's why you won not bowe.

Yeah but Bowe caught that ball on 3rd and 11 to put me in FG range. Bowe has had rock hands all season!
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#11727 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I knew Platt was going to get his, but I was very pleased he only got loose against McCourty. I did my best to keep Champ or Haden on him at all times (and even used a few TOs to get that matchup). This is one of those games where it's annoying that Madden took out the defensive assignments feature, since it made me work a lot harder to make sure Champ or Haden were on him, which didn't always work.

I don't understand in what universe EA thought this was a good idea. Between that and not letting you know when your opponent is going for an onside kick, it's like they were encouraging people to abuse the game. I say the same thing with the NHL franchise. They give every appearance that they don't care about making people learn how the sport is actually played. The idea that these are supposed to be simulation style games is laughable at this point.

#11728 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Cru wins. This is that game that makes me realize that "I don't belong in the upper eschelon around here."

Just silly that I even dreamed that I did.
Posted Image

#11729 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Cru wins. This is that game that makes me realize that "I don't belong in the upper eschelon around here."

Just silly that I even dreamed that I did.

You played a excellent game I couldn't get any kind of time in the pocket or get the ball to Britt first game he had no catches, if it wasn't for that pick return before half things would of def been different I needed a lead so I could just rely on my rookie runningback and moreso force you to air it out.

#11730 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

I don't understand in what universe EA thought this was a good idea. Between that and not letting you know when your opponent is going for an onside kick, it's like they were encouraging people to abuse the game. I say the same thing with the NHL franchise. They give every appearance that they don't care about making people learn how the sport is actually played. The idea that these are supposed to be simulation style games is laughable at this point.

Funny I had to deal with that situation as well. The onside kick down 52-7 caught me by surprise and I had to burn my last timeout.