Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#1201 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

I need to work with the Seahawks owner to bring Russell Wilson to Jacksonville.

Posted Image

So Flynn is now being paid 26 million to be QB 2 once again....

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#1202 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

Flynn makes 16x as much that Russell Wilson makes.......

I knew Wilson was special when he played at Wisconsin and was hoping he'd get a good shot on a NFL team

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1203 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

i thought they said the trades are alrady put through on the game so the rams will already have thr redskins picks the dolphins will have vonte davis unless theres a way to turn it off

#1204 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

i thought they said the trades are alrady put through on the game so the rams will already have thr redskins picks the dolphins will have vonte davis unless theres a way to turn it off

I'm not sure how it works. Can one of you gents with early access check it out for us?

#1205 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Its automatic trades are already in the game if we wait till the update it will be in the game but once a new roster comes out i would check just in case

#1206 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Its automatic trades are already in the game if we wait till the update it will be in the game but once a new roster comes out i would check just in case

So if you start a new Connected Career, the Rams already have the Redskins picks by default, etc?

33126.png

#1207 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

So if you start a new Connected Career, the Rams already have the Redskins picks by default, etc?

Yep.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#1208 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Yep.

Assuming there's no option to undo that, I suppose it'll be the way we go.

33126.png

#1209 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

what else looked cool is u can put up a trade block for everyone to see.... meaning if i put stafford up for trade everyone could see to send proposals if they were interested.... also i looked and u can only earn xp points once a week and it cost like 49000 for speed increase by 1 lol

#1210 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

what else looked cool is u can put up a trade block for everyone to see.... meaning if i put stafford up for trade everyone could see to send proposals if they were interested.... also i looked and u can only earn xp points once a week and it cost like 49000 for speed increase by 1 lol

Does the trade block affect their stats at all? I remember in previous maddens when you put a player on the block it reduced his moral with the team. It makes sense that a player wouldn't play as hard if he knows you don't want him.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#1211 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

what else looked cool is u can put up a trade block for everyone to see.... meaning if i put stafford up for trade everyone could see to send proposals if they were interested....

Can you still turn on review for trades? I don't think we're ready to completely abandon league review (what else are we going to yell at each other about?)

33126.png

#1212 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

WOOOO I need those draft picks haha

#1213 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

It is a little ironic that the year we decided to stop honoring pre-existing trades is the same year that the game adds it.

33126.png

#1214 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

There no way to turn of the trades and theres no way to block trades made and free agents are pretty much free reign

#1215 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Can you still turn on review for trades? I don't think we're ready to completely abandon league review (what else are we going to yell at each other about?)

This. God the thread will be boring if we can't scream at BV. ;)
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#1216 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

u think flynn cares if he starts or not hes sitting on the bench not taking hits big paid big bucks. sounds pretty cake to me.

#1217 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

There no way to turn of the trades and theres no way to block trades made and free agents are pretty much free reign

Well, that was always the case in the past as well, the constraints have always been put in place by us. I expect that will continue to be the case. I'm open to modifying how we do free agents during the season, but I don't think it will be a first-come first-served free for all.

33126.png

#1218 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

u think flynn cares if he starts or not

Yes.

33126.png

#1219 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

It wouldn't be that difficult to just have the Redskins owner tell the Rams owner who he wants drafted. We've done stuff like that before.
MurdaModeLV

#1220 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

i like how u worked last years free agents list it seemed to workout well everyone gets on guy about week 5 or 6 goes by wins and losses biggest losers get first pick seems like the fairest way to go about it. and it worked well last year as well

#1221 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

u think flynn cares if he starts or not hes sitting on the bench not taking hits big paid big bucks. sounds pretty cake to me.

If he didn't care he'd have resigned with the Packers and got some more rings.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1222 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

It wouldn't be that difficult to just have the Redskins owner tell the Rams owner who he wants drafted. We've done stuff like that before.

Presumably not. That's how we've done it in the past, but in reverse.

If they've built it into the game though, I'm not opposed to the idea of keeping it. Then again, I didn't have any problem with honoring them last year. I'll discuss it with uber and fero and see what they think.

33126.png

#1223 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

If he didn't care he'd have resigned with the Packers and got some more rings.

but he wouldnt be making the money there that he is on seattles bench. ya im sure he wanted to be the starter but making about 9 million and year on the bench i think he prolly happier with that than making wut he was in green bay. hes in a beter spot money wise in seattle which is what most players in the pros care about most if they didnt care about money they would all take pay cuts and build extreme teams like the nba has started doing.

#1224 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Presumably not. That's how we've done it in the past, but in reverse.

If they've built it into the game though, I'm not opposed to the idea of keeping it. Then again, I didn't have any problem with honoring them last year. I'll discuss it with uber and fero and see what they think.

we know wut fero will say he just lost davis lol

#1225 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

lol aint that about a bitch.... the lions have giant needs in cb and ss...... if anyone is dealing any once u try ur team out message me

#1226 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm sure he has the ability to be objective about it.

I've always been in favor of honoring them, since I think that gives the most accurate representation of the franchise (after all, future draft picks are just as much an asset as players on the field). But I know it wasn't always the most popular rule with everyone, which is why we'd been planning on not doing it (which was before we found out EA had chosen this year to put it in).

33126.png

#1227 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

also about davis isnt it funny that if this trade didnt happen then the price for corners would be set higher.... i think he was well worth a 1.... then u have brandon marshall who was traded for dirt
.... santonio holmes was what a 5th.. nfl is crazy... how will we set the price on players in the league when putting in reviews

#1228 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

also about davis isnt it funny that if this trade didnt happen then the price for corners would be set higher.... i think he was well worth a 1.... then u have brandon marshall who was traded for dirt
.... santonio holmes was what a 5th.. nfl is crazy... how will we set the price on players in the league when putting in reviews

I think I get a nice little sixth or seventh for Asante Samuel..... But atleast it helped the Birds cap room.

That trade would have never been allowed in this league.
MurdaModeLV

#1229 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

I think I get a nice little sixth or seventh for Asante Samuel..... But atleast it helped the Birds cap room.

That trade would have never been allowed in this league.

It's certainly more possible that it would have been this year. In the past all we've had to go on when evaluating trades is the overall of the players. But now with both salary cap and the fact that deals expire, there's a lot more to evaluate on. So I think we can be a lot more flexible this year on trades that don't necessarily match up perfectly if one side is getting salary relief out of the deal.

Anyway, all three commissioners agreed that we should leave the system for pre-existing trades as-is, which means they would be honored.

33126.png

#1230 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

It's certainly more possible that it would have been this year. In the past all we've had to go on when evaluating trades is the overall of the players. But now with both salary cap and the fact that deals expire, there's a lot more to evaluate on. So I think we can be a lot more flexible this year on trades that don't necessarily match up perfectly if one side is getting salary relief out of the deal.

Anyway, all three commissioners agreed that we should leave the system for pre-existing trades as-is, which means they would be honored.

Sounds good.
Posted ImagePosted Image