Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#1231 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Looking over everything throughout the weekend, with the salary cap and stuff like that even if we honor a trade here the game may not honor it and another thing to consider is that certain free agents may cost too much for certain teams to pick up, which I think all these options are cool and I think we need to honor the trades as they have been made I mean people still have players from the trades and I actually think I lost my first round pick for the upcoming draft so I wouldn't say that I am bias lol.

This contract stuff is very in depth which I may have to set my team on auto if it seems overwhelming , on another note I am happy there is a preseason, I like that.

#1232 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Looking over everything throughout the weekend, with the salary cap and stuff like that even if we honor a trade here the game may not honor it

Will the CPU actually block trades between two human players? I thought that as long as neither team exceeded the cap, they'd allow them through.

Can someone test that out?

33126.png

#1233 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

A few known issues from the OS forums.

Man Coverage bug that triggers when you control someone on the D line. I knew something was going on there.

http://www.operation...ideo-proof.html

Fatigue issues, where backups may never come in even with auto-substitution on.

Players who are seriously injured still end up playing the next week.

Scheme settings are broken and not saving for some players.

Can't permanently disable gameflow.

Multiple players with the same number.

2 minute AI offense is still terrible.

Commentating will sometimes disappear for the whole game (might be a good thing)

CAGFL: (187-31)

#1234 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

A few known issues from the OS forums.

Man Coverage bug that triggers when you control someone on the D line. I knew something was going on there.

http://www.operation...ideo-proof.html

Fatigue issues, where backups may never come in even with auto-substitution on.

Players who are seriously injured still end up playing the next week.

Scheme settings are broken and not saving for some players.

Can't permanently disable gameflow.

Multiple players with the same number.

2 minute AI offense is still terrible.

Commentating will sometimes disappear for the whole game (might be a good thing)

...and that's why you always wait for the first patch.

Posted Image

33126.png

#1235 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

whats this man coverage glitch, because I have actually been using my D-Line mostly being that Justin Smith is a absolute monster

#1236 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I just saw it

#1237 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

whats this man coverage glitch, because I have actually been using my D-Line mostly being that Justin Smith is a absolute monster

Based on the video I saw, I'd say we definitely won't be starting until that's patched.

33126.png

#1238 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Based on the video I saw, I'd say we definitely won't be starting until that's patched.

Yeah I agree. First patch is set for 9/11 but they aren't saying what will be patched.

#1239 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yeah I agree. First patch is set for 9/11 but they aren't saying what will be patched.

You'd think this would be pretty hard to miss, but I never want to assume anything when it comes to Madden patches.

In the meantime, now that the game is out/almost out, if you guys still want to set up a pre-season tourney, go for it. I leave for vacation Wednesday morning, but I'm hoping I can get in a couple of scrims tomorrow night.

33126.png

#1240 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

http://www.pastapadr...n-madden-nfl-13

"Now in a series of tweets Connected Careers designer Josh Looman has laid out another important element to going “Online” with the mode. Tuning updates will apply to them – with the changes being reflected immediately upon a server refresh – while “Offline” careers will be stuck waiting for patches. Areas cited as being tune-able include the amount of XP coaches and players earn as well as the amount of scouting credits received weekly."

Not having to wait for patches would be great if they can pull it off.

#1241 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Areas cited as being tune-able include the amount of XP coaches and players earn as well as the amount of scouting credits received weekly."

Not tune-able: The AI corners being able to stay on their men. :D

That's good news though. Anyone who wants to play around with some test franchises before we get started and try to figure out what a good balance might be for things like XP/scouting is welcome to do so and report back.

33126.png

#1242 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

"Your Amazon.com order of "Madden NFL 13" has shipped!"

Sweet.

33126.png

#1243 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Well, if Madden's going with tuner sets, get ready for the game to be unstable as hell for the first 2-3 months. The NHL series has used these for awhile, and one week, it'll be impossible to score, the next week, players will just stand around doing nothing. Basically any time the EA message boards go crazy, the entire game could change (I think NHL 11 had 7 or 8 tuner sets before they finally stopped tinkering with it). It definitely gives them more flexibility, but it also makes it that much easier to ruin the game. By the time the dust settles, sometimes you end up with a game that plays nothing like it did at launch. I guess that can be good or bad depending on your perspective.

#1244 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well, if Madden's going with tuner sets, get ready for the game to be unstable as hell for the first 2-3 months. The NHL series has used these for awhile, and one week, it'll be impossible to score, the next week, players will just stand around doing nothing. Basically any time the EA message boards go crazy, the entire game could change (I think NHL 11 had 7 or 8 tuner sets before they finally stopped tinkering with it). It definitely gives them more flexibility, but it also makes it that much easier to ruin the game. By the time the dust settles, sometimes you end up with a game that plays nothing like it did at launch. I guess that can be good or bad depending on your perspective.

Conversely they only released two for NCAA 12 and everyone complained.

Personally I think we should come up with a slider set and ignore the tuners.

#1245 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Sweet.

Got that email last night my copy is hanging out in Illinois making fun of the Bears

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1246 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Personally I think we should come up with a slider set and ignore the tuners.

That's the tentative plan, though obviously it will take some tweaking, especially early. After the initial adjustment period though, I think we might try to make minor adjustments each offseason.

Maybe we'll have a "Slider Committee" with the commissioners and a few league members in which we decide what the settings should be and also eat tiny hamburgers. :D

33126.png

#1247 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

Sliders are a mess right now as well. Every time I tinkered with them in the demo, the difficulty would change to rookie. So you'd have to manually go in and change it back to All-Madden. It no longer felt like All-madden though, even after messing with one slider.

Also keep in mind the playoff overtime rules are now part of the regular season. The first team with the ball can no longer win by a field goal.

Completely forgot about that until I read it this morning.

#1248 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sweet.

Mine also shipped yesterday and is in my town. I wish I could just go pick it up from somewhere.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1249 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

If we want simulation football then we shoudn't mess with the draft pick's. c;

#1250 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

If we want simulation football then we shoudn't mess with the draft pick's. c;

Assuming you're saying we should leave it as-is in the game, I agree. Though I'm not sure you're the most objective voice since you stand to gain the most from it. ;)

33126.png

#1251 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well I've given up on the Chiefs, yes i know it is still the preseason. Hopefully I can get them to the playoffs in Madden. A few fun facts -

1. HC/DC and OC are all Browns castoffs
2. Backup QB - Browns castoff
3. Second RB - Browns castoff
4. Starting QB - never played a single down in college
5. Just got done watching Sportscenter Top 10 Preseason plays. Chiefs defense (the supposed bright spot) got owned on three plays. John Andersen refers to them as the chefs.

/rant
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#1252 xCappax

xCappax

Real Madrid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

can't wait to whoop some ass :)

#1253 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Gettin ahead of yourself buddy.
8-)

#1254 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Most of the trash talkers in this league have had to back it up first.

33126.png

#1255 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Can't wait to get my ass whooped (that's how you do it new guy)

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1256 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

im not new but im pretty sure im still going to get my ass whipped on.

o and by the way im about exprience hurricane issac yay

#1257 xCappax

xCappax

Real Madrid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

Most of the trash talkers in this league have had to back it up first.

I haven't been in a CAG league in a while but Cru and Neworl can vouch for the ass kicking! :lol:

and of course I'm just getting everyone riled up because every league needs a loud mouthed trash talker who isn't very good at the game :)

#1258 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

I haven't been in a CAG league in a while but Cru and Neworl can vouch for the ass kicking! :lol:

and of course I'm just getting everyone riled up because every league needs a loud mouthed trash talker who isn't very good at the game :)

No they don't really

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#1259 GpNinja

GpNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

I'll see you week 16 xCappax better be there!

#1260 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Update

bv im suppose to leave for my deployment on thursday pending a few things to include the hurricane and other possible things as well. but if i do go my return date is between the time of september 22nd-24th so if u guyes start on the 11th of september i should only miss about a 2-3 weeks of of our regular season 4 tops i would guess

also on a side note

bv can u make the op to where we can click on the names of the people in this league to send PMs just curious lol made it really easy last year

Edited by DVO21, 28 August 2012 - 02:25 AM.