Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#121 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Im not a fan of Accelerated Clock by the way I can't quote who metioned it but I know I read someone mentioned or was in favor of it.

Anybody know when the Demo is coming out for Madden ?

#122 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Im not a fan of Accelerated Clock by the way I can't quote who metioned it but I know I read someone mentioned or was in favor of it.

I'm guessing it depends how bad the game sucks. They released the NCAA demo way early this year...

#123 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Rumor is Aug 7th

#124 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yeah that was me.

Pissing and moaning can be avoided when the topic of killing the playclock is brought up.

7 minute quarters, set the minimum playclock and then add in accelerated clock.

Either that or set the minimum playclock to around 20 seconds so waiting for 30-35 seconds doesn't happen.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#125 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

I like accel clock too. I know Doom called it pissing and moaning but with one first down you can kill a whole quarter running the clock all the way down. To me that is a legitimate concern and should be addressed one way or another this year.

#126 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I just lump all Madden drama under the pissing and moaning category, don't mean it as a shot towards anyone. At times, it got a little too heated.

I agree it is something that should be addressed.

I'm trying to remember other issues that were brought up last year that can be addressed from the start.

#127 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

No trolls, no internet.

#128 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

I hear the tecmo bowl zig zag running was in the game at E3

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#129 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm hoping Madden 13 will be the year that opponents stop crying over me running with the quarterback. After Tebow's season last year, ya can't say it never happens in the NFL. And to be able to run with quarterbacks succesfully in Madden is a skill. But I won't get my hopes up.

If I end up with a team with a slow quarterback, I'll definately be hitting up everyone to trade for there speedy backups.
MurdaModeLV

#130 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

The QB running I'm fine with.

Constant no-huddle should be banned, though I don't really remember that being that big of an issue. It's pure cheese.

Also, the ridiculous QB sneak(which I'm sure has been fixed), good times.

#131 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

The QB running I'm fine with.

Constant no-huddle should be banned, though I don't really remember that being that big of an issue. It's pure cheese.

Also, the ridiculous QB sneak(which I'm sure has been fixed), good times.

i agree running with the qb is okay just have to choose playcalling wisely.... the no huddle is questionable becaude if i catch u in the wrong package i want u to waste a time out.... or if im down and i think ur gonna run the clock im no.huddleing

#132 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

If it is anything like NCAA 13 you won't be able to run like you did last year. The pocket collapses instantly as soon as you start moving the QB around.

#133 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

There are situations where it's okay, especially late in the game when you're behind.

No huddling when someone is in the "wrong" package is cheese. Even when the guy on defense audibles, you have guys that are fatigued and playing positions they shouldn't be playing. I can't yell to the sidelines to tell guys to run on and off the field while no huddling is happening in a video game. So I'd have no choice but to burn a timeout that I didn't necessarily need to use. Cheese.

People take it to extreme levels in ranked games.

#134 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

I just wish madden had no huddle like ncaa

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#135 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

And to be able to run with quarterbacks succesfully in Madden is a skill.

Going 5 Wide in a passing Formation(so the Defense picks a passing play accordingly) and running up the middle/left/or right is Not a skill. It's cheese.
Posted Image

#136 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Going 5 Wide in a passing Formation(so the Defense picks a passing play accordingly) and running up the middle/left/or right is Not a skill. It's cheese.

Agreed, that is cheese

#137 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

I just wish madden had no huddle like ncaa

NCAA no huddle is sick! One of my favorite features

#138 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Give it a shot and see how many games you win doing that.

Even 5-wide you still need to get the right blocking, navigate around defenders, find open running lanes, and slide before you get hit.

I think by cheese you mean it is easy and can manipulate the game. I'll challenge anyone to try and win even a ranked game running with Vick from 5-wide all game. Not gonna happen.

Plus, if your opponent knows you run with the QB, they sure as hell better take that into account when they choose a defense against 5-wide.

Don't college spread offenses and the Eagles (w/ Vick) do this all the time? To create those kind of mismatches and opportunites? You know, Football.

Edited by LVPatriots, 01 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.

MurdaModeLV

#139 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Give it a shot and see how many games you win doing that.

I won a fair few. But not playing 5 Wide Sets the entire game (like some of our former players....

Here's proof that I'm not just talking from a pulpit without any experience in the QB run game:)

http://www.treslok.com/qb.jpg
Posted Image

#140 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I won a fair few. But not playing 5 Wide Sets the entire game (like some of our former players....

Here's proof that I'm not just talking from a pulpit without any experience in the QB run game:)

http://www.treslok.com/qb.jpg

Obviously I'm not condoning people running 5-wide set/QB-runs all game. Nor running with the QB all game in general. I just find that people who complain about it or label it "Cheese" don't have much experience running it or defending against it, so they just say it's cheap when they can't stop it.

Clearly you aren't in that boat. But I would like to know who or what you were playing against when you were having so much success with the 5-wide runs? So much so that you would label it Cheese.

P.S. Newcomber was my boy in the JV league, way too fun of a QB to play with.
MurdaModeLV

#141 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

i think whats worse is the ones who kno how to put heywardbey at rb when the switch out of the 5 wide.. or percy harvin so forth.... thats more of what i cant stand... if someone switches out of the 5 wide to a run play once or twice max dont bother me but every play is the most extreme cheap shit ive ever experienced

#142 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

i played the ncaa demo, i love the hurry up offense, hope they have something like that in m13.

#143 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

CAG username: Blade3D
XBL gamertag: Blade3D
New player: No (By this we mean new to this specific league, not new to Madden in general)
Seasons played: Madden 12, Seasons 4 and 5 (I think)

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#144 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

i played the ncaa demo, i love the hurry up offense, hope they have something like that in m13.

i love ncaa from the road to glory perspective... gameplay im not so fond of.... i feel maddens more realistic plus it helps that i am better at madden.... the ncaa league we started is fun tho

#145 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

The last few years I've felt NCAA had done a better job at realism than Madden, especially with the 100mph cuts or successfully running backwards with super-fast RB's.

#146 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

The last few years I've felt NCAA had done a better job at realism than Madden, especially with the 100mph cuts or successfully running backwards with super-fast RB's.

Yeah. Playing vs. Doom when he would run to the outside with Charles was a lot of fun.

#147 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Yeah. Playing vs. Doom when he would run to the outside with Charles was a lot of fun.

:D I did enjoy using Charles, though I'm looking to move on from the Chiefs.

I do remember one game where I fumbled at least 5 times against you, despite holding RB.... :fridge:

#148 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

i dont understand how to go for the ball as a defender... i go for a pick and he doesnt even try to catch it...... some tds ive given up have just been bogus pass plays that my defender is right next to the wr and he dont jump.... my 3 games played every td ive given but i think 1 was a long td pass... its stupid

#149 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Basically, wit the new DB/WR interaction, your guy has to be looking at the ball to react to it. I've had the same issue, try going for a swat instead of a pick, thats worked for me.

#150 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Basically, wit the new DB/WR interaction, your guy has to be looking at the ball to react to it. I've had the same issue, try going for a swat instead of a pick, thats worked for me.

if u use strafe will that turn him around? that nakes more sense now but its hard to adjust madden is so much easier to read and react