Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#151 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Basically, wit the new DB/WR interaction, your guy has to be looking at the ball to react to it. I've had the same issue, try going for a swat instead of a pick, thats worked for me.

In Heisman i've seen CB's/Safety's trailing the WR NEVER turn their head around, and catch a ball flying over their shoulder for a clean pick. It's ridiculous.
Posted Image

#152 RamesuThe1

RamesuThe1

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

if u use strafe will that turn him around? that nakes more sense now but its hard to adjust madden is so much easier to read and react

Strafing does work, but its tough to do if you're in a trail position on a deep ball with a CB. If you're driving on a ball for a pick with the Safety you pretty much and to be square with the ball. Or if its a jump ball you should definitely strafe. Then, only press Y, you can't hold the strafe or anything else, the guy won't react if you do.

#153 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

In Heisman i've seen CB's/Safety's trailing the WR NEVER turn their head around, and catch a ball flying over their shoulder for a clean pick. It's ridiculous.

That's what you get for playing on Hiesman aka CPU cheater mode.

#154 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Strafing does work, but its tough to do if you're in a trail position on a deep ball with a CB. If you're driving on a ball for a pick with the Safety you pretty much and to be square with the ball. Or if its a jump ball you should definitely strafe. Then, only press Y, you can't hold the strafe or anything else, the guy won't react if you do.

yea that fucks me cause in madden u can hold the straf button and press y to pick it.... it helps me keep my player in good posistiin to bait people...

#155 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

so on a madden note whens it come out the 12th? are we planning on voting on decisions for teams or just do what the commissiiners decide....i still would like to have a division full of superbowl winners.... me cru doom and mog woukd be awesome just sayin

#156 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

I agree with that division, at least I know if one of us wins it we'd beat the hell out of each other to get there.

And Madden isn't out until the 28th. I'm up for whatever the commissioners decide.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#157 laboyz

laboyz

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

CAG username: LAboyz
XBL gamertag: LAboyz
New player: Yes (By this we mean new to this specific league, not new to Madden in general)
Seasons played: None

#158 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I'm just anxious to find out if I'm in or not. Don't care what team I get.

#159 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

I agree with that division, at least I know if one of us wins it we'd beat the hell out of each other to get there.

And Madden isn't out until the 28th. I'm up for whatever the commissioners decide.

u know what else i was thinking... another way to pick teams fairly if we do it... randomize the order but once we get our 32 users try to break it off as the 8 users with the worst records get first pick but each have to pick out of a different division.. then the next 8 randomize pick all different divisions and so forth till all the teams are filled.. just a thought

#160 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

One funny thing about a team draft is that you not only get to pick your team. But with later picks you will also be choosing your most frequent opponents, based on who is in which division.
MurdaModeLV

#161 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Im fine with a division with Superbowl Champions to if I get first pick at teams in that division if that's cool Doom, Mog, and Sprice lol.

#162 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

is the demo coming out tuesday?

#163 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm finalizing the lottery date with uber and fero, but I suggested we do it next Monday (the 13th). This is the situation right now:

CAG Username (qualification criteria)
1. bvharris (1,3,4) - Checked in
2. ubernes (1,4) - Checked in
3. siradam134 (1,3,4) - Checked in
4. BigAT (2,4)
5. Mr Grand Cru (2,4) - Checked in
6. Doomtime (2,4) - Checked in
7. augmog (2,3,4) - Checked in
8. sprice8688 (2,3,4) - Checked in
9. MasterAwesome (3,4) - Checked in
10. itlnstln (3,4)
11. RamesuThe1 (3,4) - Checked in
12. Matt Young (3,4) - Checked in
13. Tanabeo (3,4) - Checked in
14. Superstar (3,4) - Checked in
15. LVPatriots (3) - Checked in
16. staticz (3) - Checked in
17. PacerPerspect (4) - Checked in
18. Deuce20602 (4) - Waiting List
18. Zurezo (4) - Checked in
19. Appleinthetree (4) - Checked in
20. Darth0ftheDead (4) - Checked in
21. pitfallharry219 (4) - Checked in

Deuce is not taking his spot, but pitfallharry does get an auto spot. BigAT and itlnstln are the only two who haven't checked in, but I expect they'll both be playing.

Lottery:
JoelyPoley - 1
theredworm - 3
og whitewidow - 5
VW Matsui - 1
bseti50 - 5
dvo21 - 5
neworlbush25 - 3
man2008 - 3
GPNinja - 5
Blade3D - 3
laboyz - 1

We have exactly 11 people in the lottery right now, so if nobody else signs up between today and when we do the lottry, we wouldn't need to do it at all (not that I expect that). Most of you guys should be in though.

As for team selection, we'll handle that after the spots are allocated.

33126.png

#164 Zurezo

Zurezo

Say I Never

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Go to the 2:50 mark. If Tebow can do this, Im taking the Jets.

http://www.latenight...-61412/1406394/

#165 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Glad to see throwing a bomb across your body while falling away made it back into the game.

/sarcasm

Im fine with a division with Superbowl Champions to if I get first pick at teams in that division if that's cool Doom, Mog, and Sprice lol.

Leaning towards no on that request. :spam:

#166 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

The complete list of QB ratings has been released FYI: http://www.easports....n-madden-nfl-13

There's a link in there that'll open up an excel spreadsheet with every attribute. It's beyond retarded that they give Cam Newton a 75 deep ball accuracy...anyone who watched the Panthers last year knows that the deep ball is Cam's bread and butter! But he's pretty dominant everywhere else, so I guess they just had to nerf him somewhere so he wouldn't be like a 95 OVR.

#167 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Deuce is not taking his spot, but pitfallharry does get an auto spot. BigAT and itlnstln are the only two who haven't checked in, but I expect they'll both be playing.

pitfallharry posted in the other league thread that he was giving up his spot here. You might want to check with him to see if anything's changed.

Glad to see throwing a bomb across your body while falling away made it back into the game.

/sarcasm

And yeah...wow... Realism <3

#168 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

http://www.operation...13-other-games/

Spoiler

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#169 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

wow rg3 looks like a beast.

#170 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

'biggest change we've ever made.' :booty:
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#171 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

88 deep throw accuracy and 95 throw power????

http://www.operation...13-other-games/

So still not other perks other than access to the game 3 days early and a discount to unnecessary DLC? Well played EA.

What do they mean by access to those packs? Meaning people have the ability to buy them 3 days early or they get them for 3 days and then have them taken away when it releases?

Edited by Doomtime, 05 August 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#172 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

pitfallharry posted in the other league thread that he was giving up his spot here. You might want to check with him to see if anything's changed.

Ah, okay. I'll check with him.

33126.png

#173 xCappax

xCappax

Real Madrid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

CAG username: x cappa x
XBL gamertag:x cappa x
New player: Yes/No (By this we mean new to this specific league, not new to Madden in general) No
Seasons played: (Please list the seasons from M10,11,12 you participated in and the team used)* M10 - Buccaneers (I think)

#174 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

it's blasphemy that RGIII has better deep accuracy than SuperCam

#175 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

So still not other perks other than access to the game 3 days early and a discount to unnecessary DLC? Well played EA.

What do they mean by access to those packs? Meaning people have the ability to buy them 3 days early or they get them for 3 days and then have them taken away when it releases?

I took it as free packs...which almost makes it worth it. I got addicted to MUT last year and actually bought packs (for shame).
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#176 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I only buy madden or NCAA so it's still not a great deal I'll wait till Tuesday for amazon to deliver it.

#177 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

I took it as free packs...which almost makes it worth it. I got addicted to MUT last year and actually bought packs (for shame).

Same here. I bought a legend pack that included no legends. At least if I had gotten early access to the game, I might have felt like less of an idiot, lol. Honestly, if you're a fan of Ultimate Team in at least 2 of the games, this is probably worth considering. Between Madden and NHL, I'm actually thinking about it. Getting the games 3 days early would just be a bonus.

#178 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

r u guyes honoring real life trades this year. like last year.
if so rams owner is going to have one hell of a team at the end of the league

#179 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

r u guyes honoring real life trades this year. like last year.
if so rams owner is going to have one hell of a team at the end of the league

From what I understand it should already be done for us so we won't have to pause the draft this year.

Well if that's the case then it may very well be worth it. That mode really took off in popularity last year.

#180 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

so EA sports but in the game for connected career that the redskins traded all the picks for the second pick in the draft and the rams already have all the picks in the game. im not sure if u were confused about wut i was asking or not doom i ment as in real life trade between the actual nfl