Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#2131 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

also i am looking for a wr with good release... check out the lions roster and let me know

#2132 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Would anybody in here be willing to serve as a "squatter" in my league on a (hopefully) temporary basis? We've had a few people decide to drop for various issues (time commitment, connection troubles, general flakiness, etc), and of course, having any CPU teams will totally screw up our free agency plan. You don't have to play any games or do anything. I'll control the "auto-pilot" aspect of the team, and hopefully those spots will be filled soon. Right now, we have the Panthers open...but the Raiders and Lions could also be open this evening, since we're still waiting on people to accept their invites from Friday. I appreciate anybody willing to help out. Thanks.

#2133 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Man2008 (redskins) will be online around 10:30 pm tonite

#2134 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm not going to spend too much more time on this since I've got a lot on my plate today.

sometimes when fero speaks since hes been added to ur commish crew he acts like a dick.....

No offense, sprice, but you act like a dick plenty yourself. Including with that statement right there. I act like a dick sometimes too, plenty of people in this league do. That's not exactly surprising in any setting which is composed of 32 guys, most of whom are extremely competitive. Fero's not any different than he was before he was a commissioner, and trust me when I say that he's not any larger a dick than anyone else in this league.

Anyway, I consider the matter closed. If you guys want to discuss the FA idea, we can certainly do that. I'm guessing the vast majority of this league would rather talk about anything other than whether or not I'm a dictator and fero's just a dick.

33126.png

#2135 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

no offense taken ..... for the most part i like how u run the league....u do a good job dealing with our bs.... i just feel like sometimes the way he words things is just ignorant... and mayb its wrong to call someone out but im not the only one who feels that way.... u would get like that last yr to while defending ur trades lol

#2136 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

sometimes when fero speaks since hes been added to ur commish crew he acts like a dick..... as u said he jumped out as if u needed defended and said no to free agency to all of us and apparently u guys talked bout it and thats good u should.... i think that may have blew the whole free agency out of proportion...

no offense taken ..... for the most part i like how u run the league....u do a good job dealing with our bs.... i just feel like sometimes the way he words things is just ignorant... and mayb its wrong to call someone out but im not the only one who feels that way.... u would get like that last yr to while defending ur trades lol

I was going to refrain from posting this, I've been called a Dick Before..no hard feelings. But your next post drew my ire.

First Off, Here's Every Post I've Made since being a so-called Commissioner in this league.

The one time i felt like I was being an ass, I even bothered to apologize AHEAD of time.

Just for Reference.

#1: "You can be sure that the 3 of us (commissioners) will attempt to put in extensive testing if we DO Decide to change sliders, before the season starts. We're not just going to willy nilly pick a number and allow the season to start without knowing what we're walking into. "

#2: "Miami Dolphins / siradam134 / feroci0us1 / Est / Monday-Friday 7pm-12am Weekends: Anytime / Twitter: @feroci0us / gchat: atlatz@gmail.com / Facebook will be provided upon request. "

#3: You know that when the Jets are in town I always "MIC it up" with you big boy.

#4: The Dolphins welcome Roland Deschain as the new coach of the Miami Dolphins! All Hail the tower!

#5: Ma, i just saw rutherford belicheck and loved his picture.

#6: Pm'ed X Cappa X. Awaiting a reply.

#7: The Free Agency rules are fine. I can tell you Right now that we aren't making a change to them. We've started a season. People (Who have joined) have agreed to those rules whether or not they realize it by joining. Sorry to come off as an ass, but there's entirely too much work done to change it now.

#8: I'd like to point out a couple of things.
Number 1. Bv stated that he would consider other options if they're presented to us in a well thought out and organized manner. Walking away tells me that you don't want to put the effort into it, so why should we?
#2 do I need to remind you that uber is still a commissioner here? The three of us talk throughout the day bouncing ideas and thoughts off each other. When Bv or uber or I speak we speak with the backing of the other two, I can assure you. Regarding the cheap allegations that Bv somehow "fixed" the league in his favor, all I can point you to is his super bowl trophies. There's a big goose egg there.

Now, For the part that really pisses me off.

I'm going to borrow the Merriam Webster Dictionary's definition of Ignorant to make my case here. See Below.

ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/
Adjective:
Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

I honestly can't remember a single time in my life where I've ever been called ignorant. Ever. That's seriously insulting, man. Would you walk up to a guy you play pickup ball with and call him ignorant? I've known you for what, 3 years now? Have I ever once slung personal insults directly at you meant to harm?

The SINGLE FACT that I hold in my possession a Masters in Biomedical Sciences should put that "Ignorant" comment to rest.

Can we Please Get back to Football? We're all here to have Fun. There's no need for name calling, shit slinging, or dick-measuring. At the end of the day, It's still just Pixels on a Screen.

Let's Keep it classy, Guys.
Posted Image

#2137 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#2138 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image

33126.png

#2139 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

so how come I can't get my play calling to come up right in CC? every setting is set to conventional yet during practice and games it's gameflow

practice I can change the setting during but games I have to hit X every time to switch to standard play calling

there back on topic

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2140 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

so how come I can't get my play calling to come up right in CC? every setting is set to conventional yet during practice and games it's gameflow

practice I can change the setting during but games I have to hit X every time to switch to standard play calling

I'll have to check to see if there's even a way to change the league-wide setting, but I don't think there is. I don't remember being asked on start-up.

Last year we were given the option to choose, and we left it on Gameflow because some people did actually use it.

33126.png

#2141 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Can we Please Get back to Football? We're all here to have Fun. There's no need for name calling, shit slinging, or dick-measuring. At the end of the day, It's still just Pixels on a Screen.

If we can't measure dicks than I am out!
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#2142 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

If we can't measure dicks than I am out!

I think measuring each other's is ok. But measuring your own is just sad and embarrassing.

#2143 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

I think measuring each other's is ok. But measuring your own is just sad and embarrassing.

But she said it felt bigger!

#2144 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Got to admit I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any trades yet. Figured there'd be at least some preseason activity.

33126.png

#2145 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Got to admit I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any trades yet. Figured there'd be at least some preseason activity.

Might be something in the works ;)

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2146 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

I've gotten one PM about potential trades, but I'm not moving anyone til I can play a couple preseason games first. No one is talking about this epic QB controversy in New Jersey. Tebow? Sanchez? Sanchez? Tebow? WHO WILL WIN?

#2147 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

No one is talking about this epic QB controversy in New Jersey. Tebow? Sanchez? Sanchez? Tebow? WHO WILL WIN?

Unfortunately the NY tabloids don't afford our Madden league the extensive coverage many of us feel it deserves. ;)

33126.png

#2148 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Unfortunately the NY tabloids don't afford our Madden league the extensive coverage many of us feel it deserves. ;)

Well Madden needs to add a NY Post twitter account to next year's online franchise then!

#2149 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

We've got a qb battle in Jax between gabbert and henne

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2150 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Well Madden needs to add a NY Post twitter account to next year's online franchise then!

Best I can do. :D

33126.png

#2151 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

our of curiosity....me and mog were goin over our players since i chose strategist and he dod motivator.... some players have a huge drop between us.... some of his 80 dts were a 66 for my coach.....how will trades be evaluated? by there ovr to the coach?...if i have a player whos a 60 somethin but hes an 80 to someone else is he 2 round matierial?

#2152 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

our of curiosity....me and mog were goin over our players since i chose strategist and he dod motivator.... some players have a huge drop between us.... some of his 80 dts were a 66 for my coach.....how will trades be evaluated? by there ovr to the coach?

We'll consider all information relevant to the players and teams in the deal. I know that sounds vague, but what I mean is that there are a lot more factors involved this year. Not only the differences in OVR between schemes, but also contract length, total salary, and cap hit. If a guy is a better fit for this new team we will definitely consider that as well, so all that information will inform the evaluation.

Bottom line, trades will be much less about just making sure the OVR numbers roughly match up than they were last year. That doesn't mean it won't be a factor, just that it will be one of many rather than most of the story.

Hope that answers your question.

33126.png

#2153 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

if my trade is negotiated and put up i guess that will answer it lol

#2154 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

if my trade is negotiated and put up i guess that will answer it lol

Right. There will definitely be a feeling out period with the first few trades while we figure out what's important to evaluate.

33126.png

#2155 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

The difference in OVR has nothing to do with what coach you chose. It's all about your "schemes". If your HB scheme is "power backs", then Marshawn Lynch is gonna be like a 96 OVR and Chris Johnson would be something along the lines of a 60 OVR. There is a specific "scheme" tied to EVERY position. As a member of the highly esteemed "Trade Committee"...I'm not gonna pay any attention to OVR just as I never have. I'm gonna delve into their individual attributes which will be the same regardless of what scheme you choose.

#2156 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Not sure when we plan on advancing tonight? But me and Widdow should start our pre-season game by 7:45 EST
MurdaModeLV

#2157 sprice8688

sprice8688

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

The difference in OVR has nothing to do with what coach you chose. It's all about your "schemes". If your HB scheme is "power backs", then Marshawn Lynch is gonna be like a 96 OVR and Chris Johnson would be something along the lines of a 60 OVR. There is a specific "scheme" tied to EVERY position. As a member of the highly esteemed "Trade Committee"...I'm not gonna pay any attention to OVR just as I never have. I'm gonna delve into their individual attributes which will be the same regardless of what scheme you choose.

lol so i can get cj for a 7t rd pick?

#2158 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

But everyone's scheme defaulted to west coast

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2159 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Not sure when we plan on advancing tonight? But me and Widdow should start our pre-season game by 7:45 EST

The deadline is the same time as last night, 8PM EST. The deadline for the week is always in the thread title.

33126.png

#2160 Appleinthetree

Appleinthetree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

I pm'd wv for his cell to play. I just got home from work, if ÿöû need to boot me to get the game in I'm ok with that. I don't want to hold anything up. BV can ÿöû update OP as the best way to reach me is PM and then I like a cell number to set a time to play, usually after my son goes to sleep.