Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#2911 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Are you volunteering?

Sure, I can keep track of them.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#2912 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Sure. I can keep track of them.

And you'd go through every single box score every week to make sure injured players aren't being used? Because that's what it would take.

One other problem is for guys with season-ending injuries, you might not be able to IR them and free up roster space.

33126.png

#2913 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

I wake up and the sky is falling. Damn bugs.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2914 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

And you'd go through every single box score every week to make sure injured players aren't being used? Because that's what it would take.

Not a problem. I can just do that from the EA website.

#2915 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm for restarting and that probably means I'll lose Revis...unless the league is restarted before the next roster update. Sad face.

Injuries are a pretty big part of the game and I personally enjoy reworking my team around them. It's another part of the strategy of team building. And I don't think a restart is going to kill any sort of momentum we had. I'm sure we can knock out the first 3 weeks of the season even more quickly.

If someone (Doom) wants to keep track of them manually, I guess that's not awful but not only do they need to be kept track of but also enforced. Who is to say a player won't be inserted into the lineup as a sub during the course of a game? Very tough to manage.

#2916 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Not a problem. I can just do that from the EA website.

No you can't. You'd need to monitor the "downs played" stat, which is only available in-game.

We'd also have to deal with issues where the CPU subbed guys in, or played them on special teams.

We'd then also need to hand out penalties for guys who broke the rule.

33126.png

#2917 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Will you be handing out strikes when people get "forgetful" or make "mistakes" with injured players?

Giving people the option it's bound to happen.
MurdaModeLV

#2918 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Will you be handing out strikes when people get "forgetful" or make "mistakes" with injured players?

Giving people the option it's bound to happen.

We'd have no choice but to if we went with Doom's plan. You can only imagine how messy that would get.

33126.png

#2919 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Plus, I'd lose the 40,000 XP I've put into Foster!!!!!!!!1

I've earned a ton of XP for Demaryius Thomas and pumped every point into his injury rating, so there's going to be wasted XP either way. ;)

33126.png

#2920 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Well, I'm down to keep track.

#2921 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well, I'm down to keep track.

That's fine, it's definitely an option. Just want to make sure it's clear that it might be something you have to do all year.

I guess I just don't really see the benefit of saddling ourselves with a cumbersome system like that just to save two weeks worth of games. That assumes of course that the fix suggested on the other site does work, though obviously I would test that out first.

33126.png

#2922 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think we should wait for a patch. Restarting with pre-existing injuries on now would screw a team like Washington who just lost Roy Helu, Adam Carriker, and Orakpo for the season. I think Dallas just lost Barry Church for the season as well.

My proposal would be to play out this season as is hoping for a patch. If we get to the offseason with still no patch to fix it; we can restart the league before season 2 and simulate the entire first season bringing us back up to season 2 of the career. That way everyone will have their players advanced a little bit and nobody will start season 2 with anyone on the IR.

It's not the perfect solution, but I think it is a pretty fair compromise. This way people don't have to replay their first 3 games that were maybe wins, but may end up being losses after a restart. And nobody has to play through the first season missing starters that got injured for the season in the first 3 weeks.
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#2923 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

I think we should wait for a patch. Restarting with pre-existing injuries on now would screw a team like Washington who just lost Roy Helu, Adam Carriker, and Orakpo for the season. I think Dallas just lost Barry Church for the season as well.

My proposal would be to play out this season as is hoping for a patch. If we get to the offseason with still no patch to fix it; we can restart the league before season 2 and simulate the entire first season bringing us back up to season 2 of the career. That way everyone will have their players advanced a little bit and nobody will start season 2 with anyone on the IR.

It's not the perfect solution, but I think it is a pretty fair compromise. This way people don't have to replay their first 3 games that were maybe wins, but may end up being losses after a restart. And nobody has to play through the first season missing starters that got injured for the season in the first 3 weeks.

If we did that, we'd just start all over. Simming the first season isn't a realistic option, because it would affect the draft order, which is a huge deal.

I guess I don't see why losing a whole season worth of games would be more desirable than losing 2 weeks worth.

For the record, the current roster update only includes pre-season injuries as far as I can tell. Revis, Orakpo, etc are not on the list in this roster.

33126.png

#2924 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Between all options I'd rather restart and sim the whole preseason.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2925 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Between all options I'd rather restart and sim the whole preseason.

We would have to pause to let people make their own cuts, but other than that I don't see any problem with simming it. We'd always intended to sim it in subsequent years anyway.

33126.png

#2926 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

I guess I don't see why losing a whole season worth of games would be more desirable than losing 2 weeks worth.

It's 3 weeks worth for me lol

#2927 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

We would have to pause to let people make their own cuts, but other than that I don't see any problem with simming it. We'd always intended to sim it in subsequent years anyway.

I thought people would want to play preseason in other years to try out their draft picks. But yeah let us cut and burn through preseason this year.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2928 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

I've found some more info about the glitch, restarting might not be necessary. Will post it in a second.

33126.png

#2929 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Alright, according to the further reading I've done these are the things which cause the glitch to activate:

• Changing ANY league setting, including sliders
  • Transferring commish powers
  • A coach retiring or a new coach being added.
This third one is obviously the largest turd in the punch bowl, since anyone leaving the league for any reason (or, presumably, being booted) will cause all injuries to reset. It's also possible there are more things which cause it, but that's what I've found.

We can easily not mess with the settings until the offseason, and while not transferring commish powers will be annoying, we can work around it.

Obviously, if we proceeded with the current league, leaving the league and re-joining to wipe an injury would be an insanely punishable offense. I can't imagine anyone would actually do that.

But the issue that will arise is if someone wants to leave the league mid-season, or needs to be booted for whatever reason, this will automatically reset all injuries.

33126.png

#2930 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Given the above, I now think we should press forward for a couple more weeks at least knowing what we know now. If it turns out there are even more things causing the bug, it might be something we need to revisit again and devise a more permanent solution.

Thoughts?

33126.png

#2931 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

What other bugs haven't we seen yet?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2932 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Should I bench Jason Babin until week 6 then? Or are we clean slating the injuries suffered in the first 3 weeks?
MurdaModeLV

#2933 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Do we know for sure the starting a league with pre-existing injuries on would stop all the injury glitches? If it doesn't then restarting would just be silly anyways.

#2934 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

What other bugs haven't we seen yet?

Who the hell knows. This game is a fucking disaster, I think that's clear to everyone by now.

Should I bench Jason Babin until week 6 then? Or are we clean slating the injuries suffered in the first 3 weeks?

I think a clean slate is really all we can do, since we weren't monitoring all injuries up to now.

33126.png

#2935 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Do we know for sure the starting a league with pre-existing injuries on would stop all the injury glitches? If it doesn't then restarting would just be silly anyways.

Not for sure, though like I said we would obviously test that before we restarted the whole league.

33126.png

#2936 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Given the above, I now think we should press forward for a couple more weeks at least knowing what we know now. If it turns out there are even more things causing the bug, it might be something we need to revisit again and devise a more permanent solution.

Thoughts?

I'm fine with that. It'll probably still happen, but at least we can try to contain it. Some people will luck out with getting injuries reset (some already did) and others will be stuck in a long period of no resets but it's the best we can do for now.

And 0-0 was sounding soo good! ;)

#2937 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm fine with that. It'll probably still happen, but at least we can try to contain it. Some people will luck out with getting injuries reset (some already did) and others will be stuck in a long period of no resets but it's the best we can do for now.

Subbing in the conventional sense is now completely off the table, obviously. We can control the first two things, but anyone who leaves and re-joins will screw things up, so obviously we can no longer allow that.

33126.png

#2938 Og whitewidow

Og whitewidow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm in favor of manually keeping track of the injuries. It's annoying, but it would be a pain in the ass to get back to where we are now.

Plus, I'd lose the 40,000 XP I've put into Foster!!!!!!!!1

Same here i got about 40,000 invested into gronk and the same amount invested into Brady...manually keeping track of the injuries seems logical...football is not football without injuries...it is more like invinci-ball!!

#2939 Og whitewidow

Og whitewidow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Do as much R&D ont the subject as possible if you need any help let me know.

#2940 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

hey bv do u want me to drop thoughs guys or is doom going to keep track of injuries im home on lunch right now and need to know wut i need to do drop them or post there overalls