GameStop GameStock Week 4 (7/25 - 7/31) Vita bundle / $5 Trade Bonus / More

Auburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
320 (100%)
Purchase a NEW PS Vita System and Receive a 4GB Memory Stick and one of the following FREE: Gravity Rush, MLB 12, Resistance: Burning Skies, Unit 13. (7/25 - 7/31)

New Game Deals This Week:

Dead Island GOTY PS3/360 $19.99 (7/25 - 8/7)
Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/360 $29.99 (7/25 - 8/7)

New Trade Deals:

Get an extra $5 in-store credit for every PS3 or Xbox 360 game you trade worth at least $3. (Valid 7/25-7/26 Only)

Get an extra 20% in-store credit when you trade any Android Tablet. (Valid 7/27 - 7/28 ONLY)

Get an extra $5 in-store credit for every PS Vita or 3DS game you trade worth at least $3. (Valid 7/30 - 7/31 ONLY)

Ongoing Deals:

Amazing Spiderman PS3/360 $49.99 (7/18 - 8/7)
Amazing Spiderman Wii $39.99 (7/18 - 8/7)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3/360 $19.99 (7/11 - 7/31)
Spec Ops: The Line PS3/360/PC $47.99 (7/16 - 8/5)
Max Payne 3 PS3/360/PC $47.99 (6/25 - 8/5) This is $40.79 for PowerUP Members.
Max Payne 3 CE PS3/360 $79.99 (6/25 - 8/5)
NBA 2k12 PS3/360 $31.99 (6/25 - 8/5)
Duke Nukem Forever PS3/360/PC $4.99 (6/25 - 8/5)
Darkness II PS3/360 $19.99 (6/25 - 8/5)
Call of Duty: Black Ops w/ First DLC PS3/360 $29.99 (6/25 - 8/5)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 w/ First DLC PS3/360 $49.99 (End date not listed)
Just Dance 3 PS3/360/Wii $19.99 (7/18 - 8/7)
Rocksmith PS3/360 $39.99 (7/18 - 8/7)

Sony 3D Display $199.99 (6/27 - 7/31)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice post OP. Only thing I'm tempted on is Dead Island as well. There's also some decent trade-in deals.

Despite all the hate Resistance has gotten, I took a chance on it and it has turned out to be one of my favorites. I really believe this game was crapped on because it wasn't on par with COD. The touch controls are a little awkward at first, but you get used to them quick. My only true gripe is the length of the campaign, 4-5 hours. There's a demo, check it out, it covers the entire 1st level & it only gets better after that. In summary, its nowhere near as bad as they're making it seem. Just another Zomg!! COD iz Uber Leet!! victim...

Max Payne 3 is 35% off for PUR members, thus the ~$40 price tag.

Does anyone know if the Max Payne discounts apply to the CE?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Max Payne 3 is 35% off for PUR members, thus the ~$40 price tag.

Does anyone know if the Max Payne discounts apply to the CE?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, the CE seem to be $80 which would be 20% off. However, I'm not sure if the PowerUP discount applies as well. I can test it on a non-existant CE tonight.

EDIT: I'm going to assume the 35% off won't work on the CE since it's not coming off during the online checkout.

[quote name='Auburn']Hmmm, the CE seem to be $80 which would be 20% off. However, I'm not sure if the PowerUP discount applies as well. I can test it on a non-existant CE tonight.

EDIT: I'm going to assume the 35% off won't work on the CE since it's not coming off during the online checkout.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I thought the base price of MP3 CE was $80. Guess it was mismarked at my local store (they keep the CEs in back, but one of the standard cases was marked with 2 stickers: $59.99 for regular and $79.99 CE). 20% off of $100 is a definite no-go. 35% off of $80 is a done deal.

too bad it wasnt 5 bucks more on DS GAMES vaule 3 and up instead of just 3ds games would of got a 3ds xl easy with the 70 junk DS games i have just sitting around

It looks like the Dead Island GOTY is already live at $20 on the website. If you try to pickup@store it goes back to $29.99. Not sure if its worth it with shipping. But for those that can't wait a day to pick it up at the store its there.

[quote name='cmul8985']If best buy matches street fighter x tekken that would make it $10 with the @gamers coupon not badddddd[/QUOTE]

YMMV but for the thousandth time around here its been said. coupons and PM dont stack unless you can talk them into overriding it.

[quote name='kayne2000']YMMV but for the thousandth time around here its been said. coupons and PM dont stack unless you can talk them into overriding it.[/QUOTE]

no i meant if they actually matched it, like put it on sale for 29.99

[quote name='cmul8985']no i meant if they actually matched it, like put it on sale for 29.99[/QUOTE]

If they put it on sale, then yes the @gamer coupons stack with sale prices.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I hope the used price drops too so I can trade my rg copy in and get the goty for $3[/QUOTE]

Was just going to ask this. It's for a week so wondering if they will drop preowned price. I have a buy 2 G1 free coupon I have to use by august.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Nice! Time to price match Dead Island GOTY at BBY that I got 2 weeks ago![/QUOTE]I was going to get Darkness 2 & dead island for the $10 code now this makes my decision easy.

I wonder if I can get them to match the vita deal already got the game/travel pouch but adding in the memory card too would be beyond BF epic since I got the $190 price too.

edit:actually screw the 4GB card I'll play lets make a deal & offer to get the warranty if they discount the 32GB card $50 it's month's end so they could use the #'s boost.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Despite all the hate Resistance has gotten, I took a chance on it and it has turned out to be one of my favorites. I really believe this game was crapped on because it wasn't on par with COD. The touch controls are a little awkward at first, but you get used to them quick. My only true gripe is the length of the campaign, 4-5 hours. There's a demo, check it out, it covers the entire 1st level & it only gets better after that. In summary, its nowhere near as bad as they're making it seem. Just another Zomg!! COD iz Uber Leet!! victim...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was alright, I agree it was no where as bad as people make it. I kinda get why the campaign was so short, but it could have been a little longer.

I think with a bit more development time, it could have been a bit better, seems like SCEA wanted it on store shelves fast to show off a portable shooter when the Vita hit.

I'm hoping the trade in value of Dead Island holds tomorrow. Would like to trade up my vanilla copy for the GOTY version.

[quote name='Gosha']I'm hoping the trade in value of Dead Island holds tomorrow. Would like to trade up my vanilla copy for the GOTY version.[/QUOTE]

Dont think that'll happen. Price changes always happen Wednesday mornings.

Usually trade values go down if items go on sale.

[quote name='kamakazi5']Does this stack with the 30% towards a pre owned game?[/QUOTE]

It should only give you one or the other. However, it does stack with PowerUP Pro.

Consider this a warning guys, but unless they included a patch in the GOTY edition of Dead Island, then you may be sorely disappointed when you try to play the online co-op for it at least for the PS3. Why? It freezes about every two hours or so and requires you to restart your PS3.

[quote name='xenozfan2']looks like they dropped the used to $19, but the vanilla also dropped to $18. I really hope the value stays the same.[/QUOTE]

It didn't. It dropped to $7, $12 after the bonus.

Is this $5 dollar extra bonus worth jumping in on? I have AC: Brotherhood, the Orange Box, and batman Arkham City I could trade in...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Consider this a warning guys, but unless they included a patch in the GOTY edition of Dead Island, then you may be sorely disappointed when you try to play the online co-op for it at least for the PS3. Why? It freezes about every two hours or so and requires you to restart your PS3.[/QUOTE]

froze on me last week playing online... :cold: stuck to solo after that LOL

Just left GameStop (This is WITH the $5 added in):

Deus Ex HR $10
Socom 4 $9.50
Dragon Age 2 $8.50
Deadliest Warrior $11
Mass Effect 2 $11

Not bad, since I paid $5 or $10 for each game at Best Buy, and I paid for my Kingdom Hearts DDD pre-order and left me $10 leftover.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Max Payne 3 is 35% off for PUR members, thus the ~$40 price tag.

Does anyone know if the Max Payne discounts apply to the CE?[/QUOTE]

Can i stack a $20 off preowned PUR coupon on top of that?

Just a heads up; Assassin's Creed: Revelations trades in for about 19 with the bonus. It should still be $10 at Best Buy.

What do you guys usually bring in for a Best Buy price match on gamestop? Dead Island is not in their weekly ad, but I guess they are okay with just looking on their website?

[quote name='mpaullin']What do you guys usually bring in for a Best Buy price match on gamestop? Dead Island is not in their weekly ad, but I guess they are okay with just looking on their website?[/QUOTE]

You goto customer service. Tell them you want to price match the game with GameStop. They either just believe you and price adjust it, or they call or goto the website to double check.

The catch is it has to be in stock at a store within 25 miles of their location.

bread's done
Back