Post your Steamgifts for CAG here

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#1 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just made a small page to post any contest you have up for the CAG group on steam. Also I made this so hopefully me as well as a few other people will post the steamgifts without clogging up the page/steam code drop thread. If you need to learn about steamgift I am sure someone can edit this to give a nice explanation of the site.

If you are not in the CAG steam group you can join by going on here. The instructions to join are on the page.

Here are some contest to enter.... as well as mine.

!!!URGENT PLEASE READ!!!
If a giveaway is for DLC or something like that you must add MUST HAVE BASE GAME to the picture example below

!!!MUST HAVE BASE GAME FOR BELOW!!!
giveaway signature/banner
!!!MUST HAVE BASE GAME FOR ABOVE!!!

Also if your going to edit this please make sure that they are in chronological order! Example would be 5 giveaways go from day 1, day 2, day 3, all the way to day 5. if you find another one that's day 3 please put it next to the day 3 and not above the list of below the list! It makes stuff a lot easier for everyone when it's in order!

New update to Steamgifts on Bundle keys on 07/31/2012:

Spoiler

-MegaHappyBiscuit

Ends in 24 hours or less

Ends in more than one day+

Edited by LlamaNinja, 16 October 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#2 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

I did this to take up space...bwuhaha

Edited by LlamaNinja, 25 July 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#3 kujen

kujen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Good idea to list them here! I have a suggestion for people who make them though:

If people made these giveaways private as well as group, then only actual CAGs would be able to enter. I think there are a lot of people in the Steam group that don't even participate in the forums, yet enter in the CAG steamgifts giveaways. In a private giveaway, it won't be visible on steamgifts, they'd have to find the URL here in the forums.

#4 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

I never thought about listing it as private... I will do that in my future gifts.

#5 phatprize

phatprize

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

How do we get put into the CAG steamgifts group?

#6 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

I've seen these everywhere but have no idea what they are. Do you just an entry to winning the listed game?

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#7 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

How do we get put into the CAG steamgifts group?

Sorry I forgot to include that link... now it is on the top of the page.

#8 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I've seen these everywhere but have no idea what they are. Do you just an entry to winning the listed game?

You are given points on steamgifts.com once you sign up and you can use those points to try to win gifts. Now to be nice and make it more rewarding for this group you can set it to only include groups that you are in such as the CAG group. When you win you will get an email or an invite on steam and the person that is running that particular one will give you the gift.

#9 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

I hate that site....

#10 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

My 2 giveaways are in my Sig. I will Definintly look into making my next giveaway private since it will not be visible on the homepage.

#11 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

My 2 giveaways are in my Sig. I will Definintly look into making my next giveaway private since it will not be visible on the homepage.

I dont see them for some reason..... maybe it is just me?

#12 Crystal Afterlife

Crystal Afterlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

You are given points on steamgifts.com once you sign up and you can use those points to try to win gifts. Now to be nice and make it more rewarding for this group you can set it to only include groups that you are in such as the CAG group. When you win you will get an email or an invite on steam and the person that is running that particular one will give you the gift.

And each entry is worth a set number of points. Basically, if you want to enter a giveaway for a $30 game, the entry will cost 30 points.

#13 Jcnguyen

Jcnguyen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the giveaway

#14 Elektr0ns

Elektr0ns

What's next?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wiki Thread now?
Posted Image Posted Image

One can not be lost if there is no destination.

#15 Elektr0ns

Elektr0ns

What's next?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

I hate that site....

Why do you hate that site? I've won 3 times so far.
Posted Image Posted Image

One can not be lost if there is no destination.

#16 madcookie83

madcookie83

Who that? Who there?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Points are also given to everybody when a new giveaway is posted. I believe everyone get's 1% of what the game is worth in points. So a 10 point game everyone gets 1 point, etc. I will be posting more giveaways in the future!

#17 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

My first giveaway is in the sig.
Posted Image

#18 reapersaurus

reapersaurus

Family Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

I followed the instructions in that post last week, but it said I couldn't join the group because I don't have $100 of Steam games in my account.

I'm just a casual PC gamer, mostly cheap games for my sons on the new laptop - $100 would be years of buying for me, if ever. :(

In other words, I guess I'm too cheap-ass of gamer to be added to the Cheap Ass Gamer Steam Group. LOL
my Game Guides Trade list here - Also looking for Lips (360) w/microphones (just 1 wireless mic would do) :)

#19 kujen

kujen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Yeah they do that I think so people can't just create a bunch of accounts and get multiple entries. When I signed up though I thought it was lower, like $40 or $50? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

#20 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

I followed the instructions in that post last week, but it said I couldn't join the group because I don't have $100 of Steam games in my account.

I'm just a casual PC gamer, mostly cheap games for my sons on the new laptop - $100 would be years of buying for me, if ever. :(

In other words, I guess I'm too cheap-ass of gamer to be added to the Cheap Ass Gamer Steam Group. LOL

That's based on the full price of the game, not how much you paid for it. If you spent $30 during the Steam sale, you could have easily gotten enough to join Steamgifts.

#21 madcookie83

madcookie83

Who that? Who there?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Yeah i spent like $35.00 and it said that I have $115. It all goes by the "retail price"

#22 Crystal Afterlife

Crystal Afterlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

That's based on the full price of the game, not how much you paid for it. If you spent $30 during the Steam sale, you could have easily gotten enough to join Steamgifts.

If I recall, it used to be $50 at one time. And even then you needed an invite. It's open to everyone now. Right?

I posted my steam id in the CAG thread to get invited to the group so hopefully someone will send me an invite.

#23 reapersaurus

reapersaurus

Family Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

ah - retail price - that explains why I have $38 in my account currently.

OK, I guess that may be doable sooner than I thought - I am going to get the Left 4 Dead 2 deal I'd been waiting a month for, and if I can pick up a couple others cheap I may be close.
my Game Guides Trade list here - Also looking for Lips (360) w/microphones (just 1 wireless mic would do) :)

#24 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

It is now wiki'd?

#25 madcookie83

madcookie83

Who that? Who there?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

It is now wiki'd?

yes!

ah - retail price - that explains why I have $38 in my account currently.

OK, I guess that may be doable sooner than I thought - I am going to get the Left 4 Dead 2 deal I'd been waiting a month for, and if I can pick up a couple others cheap I may be close.

It will be very doable. Especially if there's a game that you want and it's on sale for like $2.50 and it's usually $9.99. (I got World of Goo and Greed Corp. That way and it really helps!

Also go here:

http://www.exosyphen.com/index.php

They are giving away free Hacker Evolution Duality codes. The code changes every 5 minutes but you must be fast, you must have your steam redeem code open and you must copy the new code and paste it in within 2-3 seconds of the code changing. If you get it though it adds $19.95 into your account!

#26 Crystal Afterlife

Crystal Afterlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

My luck on nabbing one of those keys is awful. xD

#27 madcookie83

madcookie83

Who that? Who there?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

I got mine I think at like 7:30 a.m. cst. so I would try either very late at night like 11 or super early in the morning.

#28 humptyflunky

humptyflunky

SuperCaliFragilistic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Good idea to list them here! I have a suggestion for people who make them though:

If people made these giveaways private as well as group, then only actual CAGs would be able to enter. I think there are a lot of people in the Steam group that don't even participate in the forums, yet enter in the CAG steamgifts giveaways. In a private giveaway, it won't be visible on steamgifts, they'd have to find the URL here in the forums.

In theory it sounds good but the reality is once you post the private link to the forum anybody can enter and share the link. You could do what Duckvader is doing and create a separate Steam group and control membership through invites..or just join his.. :-P

Edit: er..I just reread that..you can't choose private and group..it has to be either or

I hate that site....

You have a better chance at a giveaway there than from a code drop in the forums. Trust me..I'm a professional..

Edited by humptyflunky, 25 July 2012 - 03:07 AM.

#29 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

In theory it sounds good but the reality is once you post the private link to the forum anybody can enter and share the link. You could do what Duckvader is doing and create a separate Steam group and control membership through invites..or just join his.. :-P

Edit: er..I just reread that..you can't choose private and group..it has to be either or

You have a better chance at a giveaway there than from a code drop in the forums. Trust me..I'm a professional..

Agreed

#30 madcookie83

madcookie83

Who that? Who there?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Updated for ya!