Post your Steamgifts for CAG here

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!
Just made a small page to post any contest you have up for the CAG group on steam. Also I made this so hopefully me as well as a few other people will post the steamgifts without clogging up the page/steam code drop thread. If you need to learn about steamgift I am sure someone can edit this to give a nice explanation of the site.

If you are not in the CAG steam group you can join by going on here. The instructions to join are on the page.

Here are some contest to enter.... as well as mine.

!!!URGENT PLEASE READ!!!
If a giveaway is for DLC or something like that you must add MUST HAVE BASE GAME to the picture example below

!!!MUST HAVE BASE GAME FOR BELOW!!!
giveaway signature/banner
!!!MUST HAVE BASE GAME FOR ABOVE!!!

Also if your going to edit this please make sure that they are in chronological order! Example would be 5 giveaways go from day 1, day 2, day 3, all the way to day 5. if you find another one that's day 3 please put it next to the day 3 and not above the list of below the list! It makes stuff a lot easier for everyone when it's in order!

New update to Steamgifts on Bundle keys on 07/31/2012:

We rolled out a few important updates to the site today.

1. The first major change is the way contributor values are calculated. In short, the update limits giveaways that might have originated from a bundle to 20% of your total value (Note: Giveaways created prior to a bundle always receive full value). Please review the threads from earlier in the week for the full details. Keep in mind, we'll continue to improve this system as time goes on.
  2. There's no longer a restriction on what games can be given away, assuming they're not guest passes or beta keys. Anything found in the drop down menu when creating a giveaway is allowed. If you're gifting a game from a bundle, please review that bundle's terms of service to ensure you have permission to do so. If you believe a giveaway needs to be removed, please use the report button. There's no reason to post accusations in the comments, and users doing so may be suspended for inappropriate behavior. We'll review reported giveaways, and remove them if necessary. The new system will ensure contributor values are not overly inflated by bundle games.
Thanks to everyone in the community for all the feedback the past week, and I believe we created a system that's fair for everyone. It still leaves room for improvement, and there are a number of great suggestions in the previous thread we'll be exploring in the coming weeks.

So if you have complaints about this, send them to steamgifts and not here!

-MegaHappyBiscuit

Ends in 24 hours or less

Ends in more than one day+

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea to list them here! I have a suggestion for people who make them though:

If people made these giveaways private as well as group, then only actual CAGs would be able to enter. I think there are a lot of people in the Steam group that don't even participate in the forums, yet enter in the CAG steamgifts giveaways. In a private giveaway, it won't be visible on steamgifts, they'd have to find the URL here in the forums.

[quote name='phatprize']How do we get put into the CAG steamgifts group?[/QUOTE]
Sorry I forgot to include that link... now it is on the top of the page.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've seen these everywhere but have no idea what they are. Do you just an entry to winning the listed game?[/QUOTE]
You are given points on steamgifts.com once you sign up and you can use those points to try to win gifts. Now to be nice and make it more rewarding for this group you can set it to only include groups that you are in such as the CAG group. When you win you will get an email or an invite on steam and the person that is running that particular one will give you the gift.

[quote name='clonesniper666']My 2 giveaways are in my Sig. I will Definintly look into making my next giveaway private since it will not be visible on the homepage.[/QUOTE]
I dont see them for some reason..... maybe it is just me?

[quote name='LlamaNinja']You are given points on steamgifts.com once you sign up and you can use those points to try to win gifts. Now to be nice and make it more rewarding for this group you can set it to only include groups that you are in such as the CAG group. When you win you will get an email or an invite on steam and the person that is running that particular one will give you the gift.[/QUOTE]

And each entry is worth a set number of points. Basically, if you want to enter a giveaway for a $30 game, the entry will cost 30 points.

Points are also given to everybody when a new giveaway is posted. I believe everyone get's 1% of what the game is worth in points. So a 10 point game everyone gets 1 point, etc. I will be posting more giveaways in the future!

I followed the instructions in that post last week, but it said I couldn't join the group because I don't have $100 of Steam games in my account.

I'm just a casual PC gamer, mostly cheap games for my sons on the new laptop - $100 would be years of buying for me, if ever. :(

In other words, I guess I'm too cheap-ass of gamer to be added to the Cheap Ass Gamer Steam Group. LOL

Yeah they do that I think so people can't just create a bunch of accounts and get multiple entries. When I signed up though I thought it was lower, like $40 or $50? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

[quote name='reapersaurus']I followed the instructions in that post last week, but it said I couldn't join the group because I don't have $100 of Steam games in my account.

I'm just a casual PC gamer, mostly cheap games for my sons on the new laptop - $100 would be years of buying for me, if ever. :(

In other words, I guess I'm too cheap-ass of gamer to be added to the Cheap Ass Gamer Steam Group. LOL[/QUOTE]

That's based on the full price of the game, not how much you paid for it. If you spent $30 during the Steam sale, you could have easily gotten enough to join Steamgifts.

[quote name='MrPiggles']That's based on the full price of the game, not how much you paid for it. If you spent $30 during the Steam sale, you could have easily gotten enough to join Steamgifts.[/QUOTE]
If I recall, it used to be $50 at one time. And even then you needed an invite. It's open to everyone now. Right?

I posted my steam id in the CAG thread to get invited to the group so hopefully someone will send me an invite.

ah - retail price - that explains why I have $38 in my account currently.

OK, I guess that may be doable sooner than I thought - I am going to get the Left 4 Dead 2 deal I'd been waiting a month for, and if I can pick up a couple others cheap I may be close.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']It is now wiki'd?[/QUOTE]

yes!

[quote name='reapersaurus']ah - retail price - that explains why I have $38 in my account currently.

OK, I guess that may be doable sooner than I thought - I am going to get the Left 4 Dead 2 deal I'd been waiting a month for, and if I can pick up a couple others cheap I may be close.[/QUOTE]

It will be very doable. Especially if there's a game that you want and it's on sale for like $2.50 and it's usually $9.99. (I got World of Goo and Greed Corp. That way and it really helps!

Also go here:

http://www.exosyphen.com/index.php

They are giving away free Hacker Evolution Duality codes. The code changes every 5 minutes but you must be fast, you must have your steam redeem code open and you must copy the new code and paste it in within 2-3 seconds of the code changing. If you get it though it adds $19.95 into your account!

[quote name='kujen']Good idea to list them here! I have a suggestion for people who make them though:

If people made these giveaways private as well as group, then only actual CAGs would be able to enter. I think there are a lot of people in the Steam group that don't even participate in the forums, yet enter in the CAG steamgifts giveaways. In a private giveaway, it won't be visible on steamgifts, they'd have to find the URL here in the forums.[/QUOTE]

In theory it sounds good but the reality is once you post the private link to the forum anybody can enter and share the link. You could do what Duckvader is doing and create a separate Steam group and control membership through invites..or just join his.. :p

Edit: er..I just reread that..you can't choose private and group..it has to be either or

[quote name='tcbys']I hate that site....[/QUOTE]

You have a better chance at a giveaway there than from a code drop in the forums. Trust me..I'm a professional..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='humptyflunky']In theory it sounds good but the reality is once you post the private link to the forum anybody can enter and share the link. You could do what Duckvader is doing and create a separate Steam group and control membership through invites..or just join his.. :p

Edit: er..I just reread that..you can't choose private and group..it has to be either or

You have a better chance at a giveaway there than from a code drop in the forums. Trust me..I'm a professional..[/QUOTE]
Agreed

Great IDea we should have an official thread sticked for this. I too have added to the jumbled mess of steamgifts

O yea how to you get the special banner?

[quote name='Jotamide']Thanks Llama for adding mine, I came here to do this. :)[/QUOTE]
Well it is a wiki post now... I added a few of them (not sure which) but someone was nice enough to replace the links with the pictures.

humpty started with the pics and I just kept it going.

Since I have no life (I actually work part time from home on the computer) which means I'm available a lot I'll update this thread for you guys on an hourly to every 2 hour basis

It will be very doable. Especially if there's a game that you want and it's on sale for like $2.50 and it's usually $9.99. (I got World of Goo and Greed Corp. That way and it really helps!

Also go here:

http://www.exosyphen.com/index.php

They are giving away free Hacker Evolution Duality codes. The code changes every 5 minutes but you must be fast, you must have your steam redeem code open and you must copy the new code and paste it in within 2-3 seconds of the code changing. If you get it though it adds $19.95 into your account!

lol I made it, just get my copy of hacker evolution ! :D

I believe I've entered every Half Life 2 giveaway through the end of the week :p.

[quote name='Guimengo']I believe I've entered every Half Life 2 giveaway through the end of the week :p.[/QUOTE]
Watch you win all of them.

[quote name='Dataless']Watch you win all of them.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha, that'd be awesome but I highly doubt I'll win anything :p. Someday I may come across a giveaway that people just missed and I end up being one of very few and get picked.

Now, for the unlikely event: If I do win more than one, can I gift it back to the person who gave it to me? Can I do a giveaway with it? Or should I just give it to my girlfriend?

I would say create another giveaway or give it to your gf or give it to someone you know.

I've changed the order (WHICH I MADE A NOTE IN THE ORIGINAL POST AND WILL POST IT HERE AS WELL) I've also added new one.

This is what I added to the post and I hope that all go by this to keep it neat and uncluttered:

!!!URGENT PLEASE READ!!!

IF YOU ADD ANYTHING TO THIS PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ADD THEM IN IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OF WHICH IS ENDING FIRST. IN ORDER TO KEEP THIS NEAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ONES ENDING IN 2 HOURS ON TOP AND THE ONES ENDING IN 2 DAYS ON THE BOTTOM!

-MegaHappyBiscuit

One that was ending in 1 day was on top, I've since moved it to it's respective area with the other ones that are ending in 1 day! If this is too hard I'll do all of the edits, I just want to keep this user friendly and to some order to the list!

[quote name='Guimengo']Hahahahaha, that'd be awesome but I highly doubt I'll win anything :p. Someday I may come across a giveaway that people just missed and I end up being one of very few and get picked.

Now, for the unlikely event: If I do win more than one, can I gift it back to the person who gave it to me? Can I do a giveaway with it? Or should I just give it to my girlfriend?[/QUOTE]

I saw that asked in steamgifts forum once, and they said you would need to contact support and request a reroll to pick a new winner. I dont know if people would actually do that though. But it is against the rules to do a giveaway with anything you won on there, think they ban for that.

Wow, a bit harsh to ban people! Thanks for the response, I haven't won anything yet :p.
So far I have 50 entries, with about 30 being HL2, a few being The Orange Box, a couple being HL1, and the rest is spread between Knights of the Old Republic and The Ship.

If they do ban than have a contest here on CAG instead! Like have them explain why they should deserve the code and whoever you choose to give it to wins.

bread's done
Back