Indie Gala Group Buy Thread

• Please log in to reply
1604 replies to this topic

#331 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Happy Hour is on again! Is everyone taken care of on bundles? If not, I can host another group buy.

#332 d1nonly2on

d1nonly2on

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Happy Hour is on again! Is everyone taken care of on bundles? If not, I can host another group buy.

There probably isn't much interest left since I still have 10 bundles available and there's even another host listed in the wiki who probably has bundles left over as well.

#333 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Thought I'd post this here too:

Also, if anyone who got a gift bundle from me is missing any games on it please email Indiegala support. Tell them you received an IG9 gift bundle and it was missing certain games. Tell them what games were missing and include a copy of your gift URL so they can confirm.

They should then send you the missing keys.

If they don't sort you out then PM me and I will take care of it on my end.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#334 bigdsinferno

bigdsinferno

unicorns are kick ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

How much? If it's cheap I might be in.
Posted Image

#335 Fergywan

Fergywan

Soaring with Angels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Looking at getting into an Indie Gala Group buy.

#336 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I have a spot. PM me if interested.

#337 joshuatly

joshuatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I got IndieGala 9 gifts spots available. (multiple)
Selling at paypal $2 per slot.
PM me.

#338 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thought I'd post this here too:

Also, if anyone who got a gift bundle from me is missing any games on it please email Indiegala support. Tell them you received an IG9 gift bundle and it was missing certain games. Tell them what games were missing and include a copy of your gift URL so they can confirm.

They should then send you the missing keys.

If they don't sort you out then PM me and I will take care of it on my end.

Well, I did that and they asked me what account the bundles were linked to, even though I clearly told them that these were gift urls sent to me from someone else (and included the urls in the email). I really don't think they have any link to my account...

Haven't heard back from them a second time yet, so hopefully it's not an issue.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#339 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

I poked Gala support again and they just told me "We don't see any gifts on your account". I have no idea how that works. I told them I got them from my friend, copy and pasted the Gala gift emails that Fox sent, and they got back to me saying:

"We remind you that gifts CAN't BE SOLD. They are meant to be sent to friends by the purchaser.

However since few days ago our system got some errors in around 50 gifts with missing games ( including yours )
here are 2 fresh gifts for you.

xxxxx
xxxxx

You can keep extra keys.

Best."

I didn't even say I bought the keys... Creepy? I wonder if they're getting wise to what people are doing with Happy Hour, but it's like, how does it even matter? Once you buy something, it's yours. Last I checked, there are no laws against something like that...

Thankfully they just gave me two new bundles though.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#340 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I poked Gala support again and they just told me "We don't see any gifts on your account". I have no idea how that works. I told them I got them from my friend, copy and pasted the Gala gift emails that Fox sent, and they got back to me saying:

"We remind you that gifts CAN't BE SOLD. They are meant to be sent to friends by the purchaser.

However since few days ago our system got some errors in around 50 gifts with missing games ( including yours )
here are 2 fresh gifts for you.

xxxxx
xxxxx

You can keep extra keys.

Best."

I didn't even say I bought the keys... Creepy? I wonder if they're getting wise to what people are doing with Happy Hour, but it's like, how does it even matter? Once you buy something, it's yours. Last I checked, there are no laws against something like that...

Thankfully they just gave me two new bundles though.

Glad they sorted you out that's what people had told me they had been doing. But most people only had one bundle, so maybe because you had two bundles is why they gave you a hard time/creepy message.

You can look at their front page and see some guy bought over 200 "gifts" so they know that people can't be just that generous.

Anyway, I emailed them about it because one of the 5 bundles I set aside for my own mini group of family was missing a key and I told them that other bundles from my gifts had been reported missing keys. They asked me for a list of what bundles were missing what. I told them I was just telling the gift receivers to email them if any bundles were missing anything, but they have still insisted I get them a list of missing games/bundles. So I finally got that back to them (a royal pain) and I will let you guys know what they say.

If anyone else gets trouble/the runaround from IG support PM me and I will try to work with them directly as the gift buyer and get you sorted out.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#341 Tamizander

Tamizander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Thanks so much to Cheaplikeafox for doing this!
Posted Image Posted Image

#342 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

PM me if you're interested in a group spot.

#343 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Glad they sorted you out that's what people had told me they had been doing. But most people only had one bundle, so maybe because you had two bundles is why they gave you a hard time/creepy message.

You can look at their front page and see some guy bought over 200 "gifts" so they know that people can't be just that generous.

Anyway, I emailed them about it because one of the 5 bundles I set aside for my own mini group of family was missing a key and I told them that other bundles from my gifts had been reported missing keys. They asked me for a list of what bundles were missing what. I told them I was just telling the gift receivers to email them if any bundles were missing anything, but they have still insisted I get them a list of missing games/bundles. So I finally got that back to them (a royal pain) and I will let you guys know what they say.

If anyone else gets trouble/the runaround from IG support PM me and I will try to work with them directly as the gift buyer and get you sorted out.

That's probably what it is. I wasn't going to totally lie to them, so I replied saying something along the lines of "I got them from a friend; I wasn't going to assume he'd give them to me for free, that's rude." and they replied saying:

"It's not a big deal, for this time no problem but we don't want it to become a general behavior."

Obviously they're getting wise to what people are doing and they don't really like it. Either way, I don't think they can do much about it. It may not even be legal for them to say otherwise...

bZ2g3eF.png

#344 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

That's probably what it is. I wasn't going to totally lie to them, so I replied saying something along the lines of "I got them from a friend; I wasn't going to assume he'd give them to me for free, that's rude." and they replied saying:

"It's not a big deal, for this time no problem but we don't want it to become a general behavior."

Obviously they're getting wise to what people are doing and they don't really like it. Either way, I don't think they can do much about it. It may not even be legal for them to say otherwise...

Yeah, they are trying to discourage it by limiting happy hour. In the future, it might be wiser to have ton of different people host as opposed to one person hosting multiple bundles. It's really not that much of a hassle, CAGs here are great and pay quick, etc, but it seems some people are hesitant to host. After having to go through and list all the bundles with issues this time to get my ONE bundle fixed, I'm probably going to limit how many I host to 2 probably at the most from now on.

#345 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, they are trying to discourage it by limiting happy hour. In the future, it might be wiser to have ton of different people host as opposed to one person hosting multiple bundles. It's really not that much of a hassle, CAGs here are great and pay quick, etc, but it seems some people are hesitant to host. After having to go through and list all the bundles with issues this time to get my ONE bundle fixed, I'm probably going to limit how many I host to 2 probably at the most from now on.

Well regardless, your hosting has been much appreciated by everyone. Thanks Fox. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#346 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hosting a group buy. Already have the gifts ready. $2/slot via. PayPal - PM me!

1. Myself
2. sainrub
3. seamoss
4. windwakr
- Done

If these spots run out I can host more but this is the last Happy Hour I believe, the one above I already bought but if another one was hosted I'd have to have other people ready.

Edited by MC Kage, 09 October 2012 - 04:08 AM.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#347 8GuaWong

8GuaWong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

I have 3 x IG9 BTA for $1.75 each if any1 is interested

#348 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

Trying to host another one since it still seems like people are interested I can help out. I forgot about PayPal fees however so $2.25 per slot to cover it.

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy

Edited by MC Kage, 09 October 2012 - 06:35 AM.

76561198003417354.png

#349 d1nonly2on

d1nonly2on

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

I still have several IG9 BTAs available if people are still interested.

#350 NicaVic

NicaVic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Trying to host another one since it still seems like people are interested I can help out. I forgot about PayPal fees however so $2.25 per slot to cover it.

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy

Put me down for one also.
Posted Image

#351 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy
3. NicaVic

Updated.

One more spot left, help yourself and these folks if interested

ALSO: BTA now $5. Slot price back to $2!

76561198003417354.png

#352 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Look at it this way, Cheap sent you a gift. Later you sent him a monetary gift. Ummm, sounds like Christmas lol :bouncy: Sorry if none of my posts make sense, I don't sleep much.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#353 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Look at it this way, Cheap sent you a gift. Later you sent him a monetary gift. Ummm, sounds like Christmas lol :bouncy: Sorry if none of my posts make sense, I don't sleep much.

Yeah, they couldn't say much when I said that my friend sent it to me and I wanted to reimburse him. That's not their right to regulate. Obviously they are realizing what people are doing in group buys though. Not like they could really do anything about it anyways.

bZ2g3eF.png

#354 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

They can't prevent people from giving gifts, but they could eliminate the quadrupling if they feel it's discouraging more people from buying not-gifts.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#355 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy
3. NicaVic

Updated.

One more spot left, help yourself and these folks if interested

ALSO: BTA now $5. Slot price back to $2!

Only an hour or so left. Need one more.

76561198003417354.png

#356 watcauthon

watcauthon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

indiegala X incoming. someone please reserve me a happy hour slot. XD

#357 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm down for 2x Happy Hour Packs for Indie Gala X.
If anyone is hosting then please add me to their group buy and PM me.

Also please note this from the Indie Gala site:

Only BTA people will be qualified 'early buyer' for the Happy Hour ( if an HappyHour will be )

Edited by Carlmundo, 19 October 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#358 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm down for one slot for IndieGala X.

#359 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm in for a Happy Hour slot. As long as the price is at least $2 less than the BTA.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#360 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

In for 1 Happy Hour slot.

(Hope there is one.)

bZ2g3eF.png