Indie Gala Group Buy Thread

• Please log in to reply
1589 replies to this topic

#211 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Well, that didn't take long. My group buy is now full. I've responded to everybody's PM's. Those who didn't make it will have first crack at any spots that open up, then I'll post about them in the thread. I might be open to hosting another bundle if this first one goes well.

#212 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

If anyone else is hosting then I would be interested in joining a group buy.

#213 mattrobertsjr

mattrobertsjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

The only person hosting a group buy right now is CheapLikeAFox. If you want in on his group, you need to PM him.

been knowing that his already been filled up before my post idiot.

#214 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Your 10:03pm post was before 9:56pm edit that said he was full? Cool.

General advice for people buying things: Don't be passive, actively PM the person you want to do business with instead of leaving a lazy "PM me" post in a thread. I see a ton of people who post asking to be included when someone is doing a group buy and then complaining later when they get left out because they didn't take the effort to make their interest known.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#215 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm looking to buy a copy from someone hosting.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#216 Hunter_Silver

Hunter_Silver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm also looking to buy a copy if someone is hosting please pm me if you have any openings. Thanks.

#217 Evrain

Evrain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Who is buying? Please PM me price and availability!

#218 Homme Crabe

Homme Crabe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Damn it, I thought I was fast enough to be in one of the groups, but timezone betrays me! So I'm looking too for someone who will host a group buy...

#219 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

If anyone is considering to start another IG9 group buy, please PM me as well. Thanks.

#220 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

jazyje, id like to buy one of your remaining IG5 bundles. but your inbox is full. i left you message on your wall too. hopefully you still have one left.

#221 watcauthon

watcauthon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

i'm interested in buying 1

#222 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Ill host a group buy if someone will show me how to during the first happy hour. I don't mind putting up money and trying to trade the extras, I just wanna get the best discount if anyone could explain to me how. I'm pretty sure it says you get like 4x off the price if you have already purchased or something? Not quite sure of happy hour rules.

#223 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Ill host a group buy if someone will show me how to during the first happy hour. I don't mind putting up money and trying to trade the extras, I just wanna get the best discount if anyone could explain to me how. I'm pretty sure it says you get like 4x off the price if you have already purchased or something? Not quite sure of happy hour rules.

The first thing you need to do is buy a current bundle for $1 asap. You'll just get the 4 base games. After that, I'm in a bit of the same boat as you. Once Happy Hour hits, you should be able to buy gift bundles at the BTA price. The more you buy, the better the discount. As I understand it, the max you can buy at a time is 5. Since you bought during the first week initially, each gift bundle gets quadrupled, turning it into 20 bundles.

Then, take the price of those gift bundles, add in the initial dollar, divide by 20 and you'll have your price per bundle. Since this is a group buy and not a sale/trade thread, you should ask to be paid via Paypal gift instead of just Paypal as you'd have to pay fees on regular Paypal and end up losing money instead of breaking even and helping out fellow CAGs. You also need to pay for your own bundle as part of this. At least I do.

I'm sure CheapLikeAFox can correct anything I got wrong. Thanks for stepping up. Had I not just picked up some silver age comics, I'd volunteer to do a second group buy. I still might once I get the first group taken care of.

#224 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

Ok purchased 1 bundle for a dollar.
If you would like in on a group buy shoot me a PM with how many bundles you want, price should be between 1 and 2 dollars I'm guessing not exactly sure.
Can only be paid with paypal, sorry if that's a problem ><

#225 Homme Crabe

Homme Crabe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

PM sent to stupidproz1 for 1 bundle. Thanks to him! Hope I'm not too late... Otherwise I might consider hosting another group buy...

#226 drStaton

drStaton

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

if anyone else has any bundles or is thinking about doing another group buy i would love to pick one up.

#227 watcauthon

watcauthon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

PM sent to stupidproz1. XD

#228 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

the OP of the IG deal thread explains it a bit. seems like its 4 bundles at a time if you buy in the first week and checking some box "its a gift" or something.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=310410

oh and i sent you a pm

#229 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Getting a indie gala group buy together for the first happy hour. Can only be paid via paypal and price will be $1-$2 not exactly sure how much til it happens. These are the spots so far:

01. Me
02. Me
03. Me
04. Me
05. NoRainNoRainbow
06. d1nonly2on
07. Homme Crabe
08. Carlmundo
09. Meeza
10. watcauthon
11. menewbe
12. Hunter_Silver
13. djghost
14. djghost
15. djghost
16. Umair56
17. evildeadjedi
18. Honeybaked Ham
19. Honeybaked Ham
20. trogoldito

Full for now unless someone backs out

Edited by stupidproz1, 22 September 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#230 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I have some leftovers of IndieGala bundle 7 (king's bounty: armored princess) and 8 (sacred: gold). Can I sell them here?

IndieGala bundle 7 (2x) - $2.60 (kinda messed up on my first happy hour buy hence the high price) [$13.00/5]

IndieGala bundle 8 (1x) - $1.75 [$7.00/4]

Also, I can gift this out straight forward right, without worrying about other users getting access to the other keys right? Just by adding in the email below "Send the gift to a Friend!!! Insert email here and push the button!"?

#231 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Here's the info I gave Mr. Crabe:

Alright, here's the run down:

Right now go buy an Indie Gala bundle for yourself (NOT A GIFT) and remember the email address you use.

During happy hour go to your Indie Gala URL or the main Indie Gala page and buy 5 gift packs using the same email address. The instructions on how to buy gift packs are listed on the main Indie Gala page as follows:
Give a Gala to your friends! And enjoy our Gift PACKS!

Click the "Is it a gift?" checkbox!
Give 2 gifts for more than: $8.77
Give 3 gifts for more than: $12.52
Give 4 gifts for more than: $16.28
Give 5 gifts for more than: $18.79

All gift packs ( Gift packs are listed on the left, when you buy in a single purchase more than 1 gift! ) are FULL BUNDLES!
It means they contain all bonuses!
Just remember to check the "Is it a gift?" checkbox!

CHECK THE MAIN INDIE GALA PAGE PRIOR TO PURCHASING!!!

This is important since they often times RAISE the amount needed to purchase 5 gift packs during happy hour and you have to be sure you enter the right amount.

DO NOT enter any emails in the "Gift Email" section, leave all those blank.

After purchase check your Indie Gala URL registered to that email and there should be 20 Gift Bundle URLs listed on that page.

What I do is add the amount I paid for the gifts, plus the initial dollar I paid to be an early buyer and I divide that amount by 20. I then PM everyone with my paypal email and ask them to GIFT me that amount and tell me what email they want me to send their URL to. I also take Amazon gift cards as payment, but you do not have to. Paypal gifts will not incur any fees to you.

I then email them their Indie Gala URL once I receive payment. I use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of who gets what URL by number. I usually reserve number 1 for myself and then the rest go in chronological order of payment. Good to keep the spreadsheet for future reference. I also prefer to email URLs as gmail has unlimited storage basically so I have proof I emailed whereas CAG PM system is very limited. You can also use the Indie Gala system to email them their URLs (This is a new feature I believe as previous bundles I did were missing that option on my URL page).

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#232 PCgamerz

PCgamerz

CHE@P or no deal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'm looking for a copy of IG9 BTA when it's on happy hour, if you accept amazon GC please leave a copy for me, it's not easy to find someone accept amazon GC :)

thanks

PCgamerzz.png?font=DroidSans&userbg=1&gl

aAavubI.png    6KZ48wP.png?4       ZyWUSqV.jpg

I hate price differences & region restricted :evil:

#233 ^SANDMAN^

^SANDMAN^

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

I am looking to get atleast two 2 spots in a happy hour bundle for Indie Gala 9 if someone is hosting.

#234 Death snakes

Death snakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Also looking for a IG9 group, also need the IG8 above the average if any1 still has any
Posted Image

#235 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Having a hard time finding a group buy host for this one (9) for some reason, and I really want this bundle. If you're hosting one and you read this, please just PM me how much to PP and where and I'll send it right away. (Will edit when I find someone.)

#236 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Anyone hosting send me a PM.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#237 Tamizander

Tamizander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

I would also like to be part of a bundle. If anyone has one starting up lease let me know. I would like to purchase two if I could.
Posted Image Posted Image

#238 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

So far we have 3 different group buys full. I don't know if anyone else is up for a second round, but once I get the first round set up, I might be up for a second. Keep an eye on the thread. If myself or anyone else ends up hosting, I think it's only fair to make it first come first served via PM as putting the money up front for the group buy, as well as organizing and distributing the keys is enough work as it is. I know I won't be watching the thread.

Actually, anybody mind if I make that an official rule and put it in the OP?

#239 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Please do. Although my friendly suggestion obviously went ignored, judging by the last dozen or so posts, and I imagine the change to the OP will as well.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#240 Tamizander

Tamizander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

As there are no open groups right now my post was a notice of interest. If there was a group, I would have pmed.
Posted Image Posted Image