• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

http://www.amazon.co...6MM/ref=lh_ni_t

Goes for $40 most places. This is the best deal right now as far as I can tell.

Edited by JasonTerminator, 28 July 2012 - 02:41 AM.
Updated price

Posted Image

#2 javasolku

javasolku

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thats i good price. Would just need to get premium to make it the perfect deal! http://www.javasolku.co.cc/battle/

#3 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Bought! Thanks OP!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#4 anidais

anidais

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Too bad this isn't the downloadable version.

#5 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Too bad this isn't the downloadable version.

It requires Origin, so just put the code into your Origin account and you can download it from them.

That's what I'm planning to do.
Posted Image

#6 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Looks like the price just dropped to $25.73. Time to update the op title.

#7 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Damn that's a good price. Note that this does not include the Back to Karkand ($15) expansion or Premium "DLC Bundle" ($50; includes Karkand).
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#8 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Damn that's a good price. Note that this does not include the Back to Karkand ($15) expansion or Premium "DLC Bundle" ($50; includes Karkand).

Premium is a really good deal if you don't have Karkand IMO. $75 worth of DLC for $50.
Posted Image

#9 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

If anyone plans to buy Battlefield Premium now, you can get it for $40 from
http://www.greenmang...d-3-premium-na/

Use the code COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 to get 20%, code expires at the end of month.

#10 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Do they send you a code that you can redeem at a later time, or at least d/l the extra content later on? Only reason I ask is because I'm dangerously close to the d/l cap for the month thanks to the Steam sale

#11 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Don't care about battlefield but thanks for posting that code up usagi. War in the North is mine for 8$ :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

Nice, thanks for the heads-up!
Posted Image

#13 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

Do they send you a code that you can redeem at a later time, or at least d/l the extra content later on? Only reason I ask is because I'm dangerously close to the d/l cap for the month thanks to the Steam sale

Yes, when you buy the Premium content they send a code to your email and you can also see it in your account under the keys tab.

#14 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Is Origin still an intrusive C: Drive-molesting menace? Or what's the latest take on it? I heard it was an unmitigated disaster and fondles every allocation on your HDD's...

#15 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

it sucks but if you want bf3 its the only way

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

Would appreciate a heads-up on any other deals for BF3 Premium, since I can't seem to checkout on that GreenManGaming site.
Posted Image

#17 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

would be an instant buy if it were not for origin. :(

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#18 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

There is nothing wrong with Origin. I've had BF3 for months and it's battlelog that sucks, not Origin. Origin plays no part in the BF3 gaming experience. You click the BF3 desktop icon. Origin starts up and a webpage with battlelog pops up. That's it. No more origin after that. BF3 is a great game and the new Armored Kill map pack coming out in September looks insanely fun. Definitely buy it at this price. You get used to battlelog btw.

#19 anidais

anidais

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

It requires Origin, so just put the code into your Origin account and you can download it from them.

That's what I'm planning to do.

But to do that I must wait for the game to arrive right?

#20 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

Is Origin still an intrusive C: Drive-molesting menace? Or what's the latest take on it? I heard it was an unmitigated disaster and fondles every allocation on your HDD's...

You can change directory where it downloads the installers and the directory where it installs the games. That's more configuration than Steam provides.

You can install the program to another drive if you like, too. So... it's EA DM with a Steam overhaul (if you use the beta version), but it still uses the same old DRM crap that EA DM used to.

My biggest problem with Origin is mostly the inconsistency. Some people's Bulletstorm will work, some won't. Some people's Mass Effect will work, some won't. Some people's Crysis, some people's The Saboteur, some people's Mercenaries 2, etc. That, "It may work, it may not" crap is really annoying.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard for a company to take all the keys it's put out for a certain title and just upload them to a server's database. But apparently it's really, really hard...

#21 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

would be an instant buy if it were not for origin. :(

That's pretty much where I'm at with this as well. I really liked the game on 360 but in some cases the maps were way too big for 12 v 12. I'd love to check out the PC version with larger battles. Would really prefer to have this on steam though and not have to deal with Origin.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#22 anidais

anidais

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

That's pretty much where I'm at with this as well. I really liked the game on 360 but in some cases the maps were way too big for 12 v 12. I'd love to check out the PC version with larger battles. Would really prefer to have this on steam though and not have to deal with Origin.

Having the game on Steam would be better but Origin ain't that bad. I use it myself. I also want the PC version. I already have it on PS3 and it's a great game. Even though I paid $28 for my copy of BF3 for PS3 I don't want to pay the same amount for the same game so I hope the game goes on sale in the coming months.

#23 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I had BF3 on 360, made the leap to PC after betting a better GPU. Totally worth it, even bought premium based off this thread. Really, I don't get the negativity about Origin. Sure, its another program to have to use, but that just about it so far.

#24 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

I might be willing to go cheaper than this if anyone is checking my tradelist ;)

#25 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

But to do that I must wait for the game to arrive right?

Yes
Posted Image

#26 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Debating whether or not to get Premium @ $40 from GMG...I feel a $20-30 price drop come early November once Black Ops2 comes out, hell ive waited this long whats another 3 months lol
Posted Image

#27 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

If I buy BF3 from Amazon, can I enjoy the multiplayer just fine, or do we really need the DLC stuff now?

Does the game still have a lot of players online?

#28 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

If I buy BF3 from Amazon, can I enjoy the multiplayer just fine, or do we really need the DLC stuff now?

Does the game still have a lot of players online?

I'm sure there's still vanilla servers around, and it's Battlefield 3, should be tons of people playing it. I'll know later today when my copy shows up.

And don't forget that Premium is $40 at GreenManGaming with this coupon COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 . They finally fixed the issue I had with ordering from my account today, so I'm not gonna badmouth them anymore.
Posted Image

#29 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Still plenty of players online (cheaters as well). I don't find Origin to be that bad, but I do hate that you have to sort through servers in a browser and not in game.

Though $25 is a great price for this game.

Campaign sucks, Co-op is great but short and the multiplayer is awesome, especially with friends.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#30 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

20+ hours on the PC and haven't seen or heard of cheating. Some people call really good players cheaters on PC games. (not saying this applies to the post above)