Battlefield 3 PC $31.81 from Amazon

Thats i good price. Would just need to get premium to make it the perfect deal!
battle

[quote name='anidais']Too bad this isn't the downloadable version.[/QUOTE]

It requires Origin, so just put the code into your Origin account and you can download it from them.

That's what I'm planning to do.

Damn that's a good price. Note that this does not include the Back to Karkand ($15) expansion or Premium "DLC Bundle" ($50; includes Karkand).

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Damn that's a good price. Note that this does not include the Back to Karkand ($15) expansion or Premium "DLC Bundle" ($50; includes Karkand).[/QUOTE]

Premium is a really good deal if you don't have Karkand IMO. $75 worth of DLC for $50.

[quote name='usagi']If anyone plans to buy Battlefield Premium now, you can get it for $40 from
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/battlefield-3-premium-na/

Use the code COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 to get 20%, code expires at the end of month.[/QUOTE]

Do they send you a code that you can redeem at a later time, or at least d/l the extra content later on? Only reason I ask is because I'm dangerously close to the d/l cap for the month thanks to the Steam sale

[quote name='moojuice']Do they send you a code that you can redeem at a later time, or at least d/l the extra content later on? Only reason I ask is because I'm dangerously close to the d/l cap for the month thanks to the Steam sale[/QUOTE]
Yes, when you buy the Premium content they send a code to your email and you can also see it in your account under the keys tab.

Is Origin still an intrusive C: Drive-molesting menace? Or what's the latest take on it? I heard it was an unmitigated disaster and fondles every allocation on your HDD's...

There is nothing wrong with Origin. I've had BF3 for months and it's battlelog that sucks, not Origin. Origin plays no part in the BF3 gaming experience. You click the BF3 desktop icon. Origin starts up and a webpage with battlelog pops up. That's it. No more origin after that. BF3 is a great game and the new Armored Kill map pack coming out in September looks insanely fun. Definitely buy it at this price. You get used to battlelog btw.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It requires Origin, so just put the code into your Origin account and you can download it from them.

That's what I'm planning to do.[/QUOTE]

But to do that I must wait for the game to arrive right?

[quote name='BWS1982']Is Origin still an intrusive C: Drive-molesting menace? Or what's the latest take on it? I heard it was an unmitigated disaster and fondles every allocation on your HDD's...[/QUOTE]

You can change directory where it downloads the installers and the directory where it installs the games. That's more configuration than Steam provides.

You can install the program to another drive if you like, too. So... it's EA DM with a Steam overhaul (if you use the beta version), but it still uses the same old DRM crap that EA DM used to.

My biggest problem with Origin is mostly the inconsistency. Some people's Bulletstorm will work, some won't. Some people's Mass Effect will work, some won't. Some people's Crysis, some people's The Saboteur, some people's Mercenaries 2, etc. That, "It may work, it may not" crap is really annoying.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard for a company to take all the keys it's put out for a certain title and just upload them to a server's database. But apparently it's really, really hard...

[quote name='Scouter']would be an instant buy if it were not for origin. :([/QUOTE]
That's pretty much where I'm at with this as well. I really liked the game on 360 but in some cases the maps were way too big for 12 v 12. I'd love to check out the PC version with larger battles. Would really prefer to have this on steam though and not have to deal with Origin.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']That's pretty much where I'm at with this as well. I really liked the game on 360 but in some cases the maps were way too big for 12 v 12. I'd love to check out the PC version with larger battles. Would really prefer to have this on steam though and not have to deal with Origin.[/QUOTE]

Having the game on Steam would be better but Origin ain't that bad. I use it myself. I also want the PC version. I already have it on PS3 and it's a great game. Even though I paid $28 for my copy of BF3 for PS3 I don't want to pay the same amount for the same game so I hope the game goes on sale in the coming months.

I had BF3 on 360, made the leap to PC after betting a better GPU. Totally worth it, even bought premium based off this thread. Really, I don't get the negativity about Origin. Sure, its another program to have to use, but that just about it so far.

If I buy BF3 from Amazon, can I enjoy the multiplayer just fine, or do we really need the DLC stuff now?

Does the game still have a lot of players online?

[quote name='Dezuria']If I buy BF3 from Amazon, can I enjoy the multiplayer just fine, or do we really need the DLC stuff now?

Does the game still have a lot of players online?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there's still vanilla servers around, and it's Battlefield 3, should be tons of people playing it. I'll know later today when my copy shows up.

And don't forget that Premium is $40 at GreenManGaming with this coupon COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 . They finally fixed the issue I had with ordering from my account today, so I'm not gonna badmouth them anymore.

Still plenty of players online (cheaters as well). I don't find Origin to be that bad, but I do hate that you have to sort through servers in a browser and not in game.

Though $25 is a great price for this game.

Campaign sucks, Co-op is great but short and the multiplayer is awesome, especially with friends.

20+ hours on the PC and haven't seen or heard of cheating. Some people call really good players cheaters on PC games. (not saying this applies to the post above)

Well it wasn't $25 anymore, but I got it for $29 a couple hours ago, and now it's $31. Why would the price be slowly rising?

bread's done
Back