Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition $30 FSSS

berzirk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I had been eyeballing this one for $40 for a few weeks, then saw Amazon dropped the price by $10 today.

Good deal for me, and considering FO3 GOTY still sells for about $20, it would seem to me that at least for the next 2-3 years this is going to be the best price.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-V...1&keywords=fallout+new+vegas+ultimate+edition

$30 shipped, qualifies for free super saver shipping.

Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 2, Fable III, Deux Ex, meet Fallout New Vegas. You guys are going to enjoy hanging out together in my backlog. It's tons of fun.

Looks like Gamestop also has it for $30. Hunh, maybe not as rare a price as I thought:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ga...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-E6yuM6FE8sc0AFwshOMzTQ

Edit: Amazon has dropped the price for PS3 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my copy this morning :) Been waiting for this to drop for a while. You hardly even see used copies under $30

I've been waiting for this game to drop as well but g-d, my backlog is bursting. Does anyone know/think this is a price drop or a temp thing? is it gonna up again or can it wait.

[quote name='berzirk']Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 2, Fable III, Deux Ex, meet Fallout New Vegas. You guys are going to enjoy hanging out together in my backlog.[/QUOTE]
Forget about Fallout and play those games man!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Forget about Fallout and play those games man![/QUOTE]

Haha, I know! For the next 25 days or so I'm not going to have much time for games, but that's a killer backlog. I need to get on it!

[quote name='gambit444']I've been waiting for this game to drop as well but g-d, my backlog is bursting. Does anyone know/think this is a price drop or a temp thing? is it gonna up again or can it wait.[/QUOTE]

If you have such a backlog, wait six months to a year and it will be $19.99 probably.

[quote name='captpluto9465']If you have such a backlog, wait six months to a year and it will be $19.99 probably.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. That's why I pricechecked FO3 GOTY which was still $20. Granted New Vegas wasn't as popular, but this was the lowest I've seen on console, ever.

[quote name='Aleman']Saw this at Target in store for $19.99 this week.[/QUOTE]

YMMV? I haven't seen it for less than $40 in my two local Targets (Oregon).

I love getting these GOTY's b/c they include all the DLC. One of my biggest gaming pet peeves is paying for DLC of any kind, simply b/c I can't re-sell DLC! So when Bethesda bundles all the DLC goodness, it always makes me happy b/c I know I'll get to play another game for (about) free!

[quote name='csmason1']I love getting these GOTY's b/c they include all the DLC. One of my biggest gaming pet peeves is paying for DLC of any kind, simply b/c I can't re-sell DLC! So when Bethesda bundles all the DLC goodness, it always makes me happy b/c I know I'll get to play another game for (about) free![/QUOTE]

Man, I got burned so hard on Borderlands. I got the game for kind of cheap, so I justified buying the DLC, then I went 1200/1200 achievements, so I told myself I should get the next DLC, and the next one. Like a dumbass, I probably ended up spending $70 on the game and DLC. Could've had it all for what, $20-30 now, and on disc? I learned my lesson on that one. I got GOTY FO3, Dragon Age Ultimate, now this one. I just don't have the time or desire to get a game at launch anymore, when I'm rocking a mean backlog, and DLC may be bundled all at once at a later date.

Thank you cheapassgamer, you have converted me (and literally saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars)

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Glad I got this off the Steam sales for $10!!!![/QUOTE]

This is the console version that can be traded/sold at anytime unlike your Steam version.

Are the DLCs on a separate disk like the FO3 GOTY in the xbox version?

[quote name='HornyPony']This is the console version that can be traded/sold at anytime unlike your Steam version.

Are the DLCs on a separate disk like the FO3 GOTY in the xbox version?[/QUOTE]

ehh you have a point but you're not recouping that $20 price difference when you sell it... if your PC is capable this is not a good deal

[quote name='vince_carter']ehh you have a point but you're not recouping that $20 price difference when you sell it... if your PC is capable this is not a good deal[/QUOTE]

heh...this debate could go on for years. For me personally, PC gaming isn't an option. I don't feel like investing in the hardware, I'm on a computer all day long for work, I hate the mouse and keyboard interface, and if I can relax by sitting on the couch playing a game on a nice TV, I'm doing that 100 times out of 100, over any performance improvements or cost savings with the PC platform.

And the grand irony in all of this...I work for a company that makes PC gaming peripherals, amongst other gadgets! :D

FYI....With the $5 per game trade promo gamestop is running today and tomorrow, gamestop is giving $11.00 ($6 base plus $5 bonus) in trade ($11.60 with powerup bonus) for the plain vanilla version of Fallout: New Vegas (xbox)...going this route, one could upgrade to the ultimate edition for about $20 after tax.

[quote name='berzirk']heh...this debate could go on for years. For me personally, PC gaming isn't an option. I don't feel like investing in the hardware, I'm on a computer all day long for work, I hate the mouse and keyboard interface, and if I can relax by sitting on the couch playing a game on a nice TV, I'm doing that 100 times out of 100, over any performance improvements or cost savings with the PC platform.

And the grand irony in all of this...I work for a company that makes PC gaming peripherals, amongst other gadgets! :D[/QUOTE]

I exclusively play PC games on my TV with a 360 controller so I agree with you there.

[quote name='berzirk']heh...this debate could go on for years. For me personally, PC gaming isn't an option. I don't feel like investing in the hardware, I'm on a computer all day long for work, I hate the mouse and keyboard interface, and if I can relax by sitting on the couch playing a game on a nice TV, I'm doing that 100 times out of 100, over any performance improvements or cost savings with the PC platform.

And the grand irony in all of this...I work for a company that makes PC gaming peripherals, amongst other gadgets! :D[/QUOTE]

if only you could play on a pc with an xbox 360 controller if only... btw the mods and the graphical increase on pc makes your xbox 360 look absolutely wack in comparison. Btw the first part is sarcasm... if you wanted to downgrade your ability and handicap yourself you COULD play with an xbox 360 controller for a shooter, the game is compatible and I have one so I know, its just that mouse and keyboard are so much more accurate.

oh and ps my hdmi capable pc can hook up to my 50" 3d plasma tv just fine and with far superior 1080p graphics too.

Any other arguments?

[quote name='retrad']if only you could play on a pc with an xbox 360 controller if only... btw the mods and the graphical increase on pc makes your xbox 360 look absolutely wack in comparison. Btw the first part is sarcasm... if you wanted to downgrade your ability and handicap yourself you COULD play with an xbox 360 controller for a shooter, the game is compatible and I have one so I know, its just that mouse and keyboard are so much more accurate.

oh and ps my hdmi capable pc can hook up to my 50" 3d plasma tv just fine and with far superior 1080p graphics too.

Any other arguments?[/QUOTE]

Obviously you can use a 360 controller on the PC, but to use that against guys on keyboard and mouse would put you at a severe disadvantage. On the console, I'm playing against other guys who are using a 360 controller.

Then again, the hardware needs to push the graphics and full features in a new release PC game requires annual if not biannual hardware updates. I bought my 360 6 months after launch. $3-400 (can't remember) and I have my gaming system. I get that the PC folks love PC and think PC is better, I'm not trying to say the 360 is better. I'm merely saying for me, it's convenient, it doesn't make me have to horse around with PC updates, mods, upgrades, and I get disc ownership which does have some sort of added value for those who like to trade or sell games. Steam is an AMAZING service, their prices are outstanding, you get a great experience on the PC too...it's just not something I wish to do.

For me...the 360 is the experience I want, when all things are considered.

PC snobs, console mouth-breathers, UNITE! We all like games. Why does anyone care which platform we choose to play on?

[quote name='vince_carter']ehh you have a point but you're not recouping that $20 price difference when you sell it... if your PC is capable this is not a good deal[/QUOTE]

The money can be recouped by selling it after you are done with it or if you did not like the game (no reason why anyone wouldn't like FO:NV though). Used copies are going for $30-35 on eBay. The Steam version can't be sold once you activate it.

bread's done
Back