CAGcast #292: An Incredible, Exceptional Podcast

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Are you ready for some Foosball? Cheapy talks Foosball 2012, Shipwreck attends Best Buy's Exclusive Shopping Event, and Wombat is excited for the 3DS XL.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 1 hour 22 minutes, 49MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Get your free audiobook at Audible!

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Kissy Sell Out/Alex Metric Essential Mix / 80s PSA

8:30 Dark Knight Rises
11:00 Watch This - First Position, Detective Dee and the Phantom $Flame
18:00 Show Feedback
18:00 Dyad Demo
18:45 XBLive ads
22:30 Batman Beyond
25:00 New Releases
25:00 Wreckateer
29:45 Foosball. Cheapy sets the record for the most usage of the $word 'Balls' in one segment.
37:30 Kung Fu Strike:The Warrior Rise
42:00 Shipwreck@Best Buy
49:00 Serious Sam III
50:45 ME3 multiplayer
55:45 Blacklight Retribution
56:45 Outernauts
57:45 Gabe Newell's anti-Win8 stance
60:00 Sleeping Dogs
62:45 Little Big Planet Karting beta
65:15 Nintendo's earnings loss
65:45 Super Mario Bros 2 - digital/retail and 3DS XL
70:00 Reddit game codes stuff
71:30 KoF XIII Climax
73:15 Sony 3D
75:15 PC vs Console
76:00 3DS XL
76:45 Burgers in Tokyo

CheapyD & Best Buy's Extended Warranty
The comic
Spoiler

Posted Image
Union Square Tokyo Burger by CheapyD, on Flickr

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 27 July 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#2 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

I second Cheapy's recommendation of 'First Position'!
Posted Image

#3 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

Second count? I would like some freebies please!

#4 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

Time for dat back pinch action!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#5 sarin000

sarin000

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

I'm interested in your views on Foosball. Your twitter made it sound like you enjoy it, so time to check out the cast and see what's up :)

#6 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

Not done with the podcast yet, but Cheapy meant Spider-Man Unlimited, which has nothing to do with Spider-Man 2099. Spider-Man Unlimited was a terrible series where Peter Parker goes to an alternate Earth to save J. Jonah Jameson's son. Miguel O'Hara was Spider-Man 2099.

What was great about Batman Beyond was how it connected with other DC cartoons, like Justice League, since they were all in the same continuity.

#7 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

There's a lot of Cheapy vs Wombat action in this week's show.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#8 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

It was interesting to hear Cheapy and Wombat have a little debate about the 3DS.

Cheapy, is there any kind of feature or game that could change your opinion on the system? What would you like to see?
Posted Image

#9 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm glad to hear that Wombat likes ME3 multiplayer that much. Sorry to be a grump, but the blue outlines of other players and the hacking aspect were always there. What's new is the objective where someone has to pick up object A and take it to place B, Platinum difficultly, gear bonus slot, and of course the maps/characters/weapons. Hope to play with Wombat in the future and hopefully I can snag Cheapy again into playing.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#10 ILikePopCans

ILikePopCans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

I live in Ohio and I work at Wal-Mart. I can confirm that Wal-Mart has everything.

#11 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

the blue outlines of other players and the hacking aspect were always there.

i knew it.

#12 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

there's been an indie foosball game on xbox. wonderin how this compares?

#13 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Foosball discussion was very hard to listen to.CheapyD the foosball snob.He'll look down on you if you don't know anything about foosball.

#14 io

io

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Cheapy - thanks for the recommendation on First Position. My wife and daughter are dance enthusiasts (my daughter has done ballet for a long time and is on the high school dance team) and will probably love this. I'd never heard of it before. Too bad it is not available on Netflix though.

Also, I broke my toe on my exercise bike about a month ago ;). But I do actually use it occasionally too...

And if you guys want to play any ME3 multiplayer let me know. I so rarely play any sort of multiplayer but I did really get into ME3 a few months back. It would be nice to give it another shot.

Biggest fault with the Sony 3D display: it will stop working and it takes over a month turnaround to get it fixed. Mine is currently allegedly on the way back to me right now. It broke in late June (just didn't turn on one day) after a month and a half of use. The problem seems to be as bad if not worse than original model 360's with the RRoD.

Edited by io, 26 July 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#15 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'm glad to hear that Wombat likes ME3 multiplayer that much. Sorry to be a grump, but the blue outlines of other players and the hacking aspect were always there. What's new is the objective where someone has to pick up object A and take it to place B, Platinum difficultly, gear bonus slot, and of course the maps/characters/weapons. Hope to play with Wombat in the future and hopefully I can snag Cheapy again into playing.

Obviously, this negates everything else I said in the episode :)

#16 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

CheapyD, you should really talk to other parents about what their children watch. You've been living in Japan so long and I'm surprised that you didn't know that Super Sentai (Power Rangers) is a big thing in Japan like Ultraman or Kamen Rider. Depending on when Saban gets around to it, you'll see it in Power Rangers form in the next few years, though Tai will have outgrown them by them.
Here's a simple enough article, by another parent living in Japan: http://kotaku.com/58...e-squad-of-them

Besides, I'm pretty sure the "Go Busters" air at 7:30 on a Sunday morning, too early for adults, but the right time for children.

Oh right, Wombat here's a video about some live action Turtles. http://cinemassacre....tion-leftovers/

Batsugunner.png

#17 animefreak5445

animefreak5445

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

i was a little shocked that everyone on the show thought that it was spider-man 2099 it was peter parker in a diffent work he goes into a wromhhole ...well i'm just a big fan of the show and batman beyond and spider-man unlimed were made by the same people and at the same time even the actors are the same for the shows.:)

#18 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I watched Spider-Man Unlimited and I thought it was terrible as a kid, yet I kept watching.
Spider-Man 2099 takes place in the future, and stars Miguel O'Hara in a cyberpunk New York City.

I agree with Wombat, CheapyD has to stop comparing the 3DS to the iPhone, especially when he has a Vita.

Batsugunner.png

#19 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

i was a little shocked that everyone on the show thought that it was spider-man 2099 it was peter parker in a diffent work he goes into a wromhhole ...well i'm just a big fan of the show and batman beyond and spider-man unlimed were made by the same people and at the same time even the actors are the same for the shows.:)

I've watched most of Spider-Man Unlimited before and it's not so great, but it's watchable. It's basically Spider-Man thrown into a mishmash of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles style side characters.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#20 karubah

karubah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

This will sound weird, but I like that no one talks in ME3 multiplayer. Unlike COD MP where everyone talks just to be annoying and offensive.

Spider-Man Unlimited was terrible as everyone said. It came out after the good Spider-man cartoon from the mid 90's that aired on Fox, but never had any appealing characters. And have to agree that the characters on the show that were not Peter Parker came off like C tier TMNT characters.

Never finished Darksiders either. The pacing of the game was too meandering. And while the game makers may not like having their game compared to Zelda they sure go out of their way to use a lot of that game series tropes.
PSN: Karubah

Xbox Live: Karubah

#21 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

Dude, that Detective Dee flick is pretty awesome. Fire beetles!!!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#22 karubah

karubah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thurman burger does not look bad. Tempted to make the three hour drive to Columbus.

http://www.thethurmancafe.com/menus/
PSN: Karubah

Xbox Live: Karubah

#23 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yayyyyy new CAGcast!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#24 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

First Position is $7 on Amazon...........WTF?

#25 condensed

condensed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Pictures of said burgers please.

#26 S0LIDARITY

S0LIDARITY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just want to say that there are lots of linux versions that are very easy to use. I think ubuntu is a lot more intuitive than windows. Unfortunately, there's not much gaming for Linux platforms.

#27 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think Windows 8 will not be as popular as 7 but not necessarily a disaster. The reason why I am not looking forward to Win 8 is because of the Metro Interface. Instead of booting up to your desktop you boot up to a cruddy interface that looks just like a Windows phone. You can go back to your normal desktop but when ever you hit the start button it will bring you back to that interface unless you disable it in the registry (in the build that I last used).

Here is an image of what your computer will boot to in Windows 8: http://www.webmonkey...win8chrome1.jpg

#28 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Cheapy's story about the kid on the subway reminded me about Dave Chappelle's great bit about being held hostage by a public transit masturbator.

#29 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Cheapy carries a napsack? Is that like a Jerry Seinfeld European carry-all or are we talking about a fannie pack. Are these common in Japan?

#30 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hey, Cheapy. GiantBomb did a great quick look of Sleeping Dogs, if you are interested..

http://www.youtube.c...eature=g-high-u

I had some Amazon credit, so I watched First Position...You were right, I was very skeptical at first, but also pleasantly surprised as it went on. Great recommendation.

Awesome podcast as usual, guys. Thank you!