Harry Potter Complete Blu-ray Collection $69.99 @ WBShop

ctgordon

CAG Veteran
This isn't the giant box set that is coming out but includes all of the 8 films on Blu-ray.
http://www.wbshop.com/product/harry...+1000189967.do?ref=CAFRGL&CAWELAID=1029278937
On Amazon it's up to around $105, and just like Amazon, getting it from WBShop gives you free shipping and NO TAX woo! Not sure how long this will last as two weeks ago it was $80, then went up to $100 until I checked it the other day.
Also the DVD version is $66.
http://www.wbshop.com/product/harry...89966.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&page=2&from=fn

Amazon only has the DVDs for that price, the blu-rays are at $112. And that set looks so sweet but i don't think I would be happy with myself if I spent that much money on it haha. Maybe if I win the lotto.;)

I can't decide if I want to get this or wait until September and buy the way that cost way to much,yet still has me intrigued with the extra cool stuff that cones with it,like the lithograph and map.

Can use code DEALS10 to get 10 bucks off. It eliminates the free shipping (fucking stupid, I know) but in the end it'll save you another ~2 bucks. For those who aren't charged tax for whatever reason, it's an extra 5 bucks off.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Use coupon DEALS10 to take $10 off your order. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Echo, echo, echo.

Since the UK one has more discs, is there any reason not to get the UK version over the US version?

I found it hard to locate the exact dimensions but after reading customer reviews the UK version appears to be almost twice the size of the US version, because there are more discs but they also come less discs in each case.

I read that the UK version doesn't work on Sony players, due to the fact that Sony doesn't read PAL spec.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Echo, echo, echo.

Since the UK one has more discs, is there any reason not to get the UK version over the US version?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chazman14']I read that the UK version doesn't work on Sony players, due to the fact that Sony doesn't read PAL spec.[/QUOTE]

PAL is a format for standard definition. Only concern with Blu Rays is the Region Coding. I bought this set and it plays fine on a PS3. SD extras in PAL format will not play on any Blu Ray player that cannot handle PAL.

[quote name='Winky65']PAL is a format for standard definition. Only concern with Blu Rays is the Region Coding. I bought this set and it plays fine on a PS3. SD extras in PAL format will not play on any Blu Ray player that cannot handle PAL.[/QUOTE]

So are the extras on the UK set in SD PAL format? Or is everything in the set HD?

[quote name='chazman14']I read that the UK version doesn't work on Sony players, due to the fact that Sony doesn't read PAL spec.[/QUOTE]

The NTSC model PS3 does not support 50hz encoded DVD-video or Blu-ray content. Regardless of region code, or the TV. Even being gutsy enough to import a whole compatible TV from the UK won't help.

[quote name='theclaw']The NTSC model PS3 does not support 50hz encoded DVD-video or Blu-ray content. Regardless of region code, or the TV. Even being gutsy enough to import a whole compatible TV from the UK won't help.[/QUOTE]This set will play fine on a PS3 though.

[quote name='orangecrush']This set will play fine on a PS3 though.[/QUOTE]

That means the set's actual video content is not 50hz.

bread's done
Back