Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#3451 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Bonuses NEVER combine at Gamestop.

correct but PUR bonuses combine with everything aka that 10%

#3452 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Best Buy really does suck 90 percent of the time.

#3453 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this? If anything, those look like trade in prices more than sale prices.

I'm thinking the same thing. Especially because of this: $20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2) I guess we'll see soon enough.

#3454 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Best Buy really does suck 90 percent of the time.

But that 10% has pretty much kicked every other retailer's butt this past year. Best Buy has consistently had the best overall deals the past year. Part of the reason I know this is that GameStop has actually been forced to up its offers. If you can make GS actually have decent sales and trades you are doing something right.

#3455 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

If anything Amazon proper (not their Warehouse Deals and marketplace sections as I find good deals on those sections) has been pretty disappointing in terms of their game deals over the past few months. I got some good shit from them last year during Black Friday though and hope they deliver again this year.

#3456 Tonious

Tonious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Argh, rage. I do my best to avoid gamestop but I'm finally breaking down and wanting to buy a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. I have PUR points from way back when and went to cash them out but their 5 or 10 dollar off any purchase coupons are now gone. They only have the 5 or 10 dollars of pre-owned coupons left. >_< I swore I saw them still there a week or two ago. Did this just happen? I shouldn't have waited, blah....

#3457 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Argh, rage. I do my best to avoid gamestop but I'm finally breaking down and wanting to buy a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. I have PUR points from way back when and went to cash them out but their 5 or 10 dollar off any purchase coupons are now gone. They only have the 5 or 10 dollars of pre-owned coupons left. >_< I swore I saw them still there a week or two ago. Did this just happen? I shouldn't have waited, blah....

yeah i can't find it either. interesting since i just redeemed a $10 off any purchase coupon on Monday.

#3458 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Hey guys I have a question. Do I need to have my Drivers license to trade in games or can I use my school id? I recently lost my Drivers license but I was hoping to trade in for the 50% thing.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#3459 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

My guess would be to try back after the HD Collection sale.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3460 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'd like to get this price matched at BestBuy tomorrow, is there an ad for this sale? I haven't been able to find anything online, just these rumors on various gaming sites.

Apparently you need a coupon that shows up in your Active Offers under your PUR account to get the 50% off (I got one), so the chance of PMing this at BBY just became YMMV, I think. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3461 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hey guys I have a question. Do I need to have my Drivers license to trade in games or can I use my school id? I recently lost my Drivers license but I was hoping to trade in for the 50% thing.

Driver's License.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#3462 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Incase anyone hasn't heard yet, Gamestop is offering free value shipping (5-7 business days) to web orders placed in stores. You can get faster shipping at an additional cost. So pretty much anything offered/sold by GS can be ordered in store and shipped to your house.

///edit///
GTA5 pre-orders also start tomorrow. First 100 pre-orders get a poster.

Edited by sasukekun, 01 November 2012 - 07:41 AM.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#3463 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Apparently you need a coupon that shows up in your Active Offers under your PUR account to get the 50% off (I got one), so the chance of PMing this at BBY just became YMMV, I think. :-#

My thoughts exactly. Should I risk buying a Visa card at BB instead? I remember lots of people thinking they got the banhammer for that reason.

#3464 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

My thoughts exactly. Should I risk buying a Visa card at BB instead? I remember lots of people thinking they got the banhammer for that reason.

You should be fine. If that is actually the case it was most likely because they traded and then walked over to the Visa cards and bought on right away. I have bought 3 and no ban for me. The ban situation is so random that when it happens I am not sure anyone really knows why.

#3465 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Incase anyone hasn't heard yet, Gamestop is offering free value shipping (5-7 business days) to web orders placed in stores. You can get faster shipping at an additional cost. So pretty much anything offered/sold by GS can be ordered in store and shipped to your house.

Could you use in-store coupons/offers when purchasing this way?

#3466 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

///edit///

Do you mean Thursday or Friday? I thought it said Preordering would start the 5th.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#3467 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

///edit///

Holy crap, this is what i wanted.

Are you sure it is tomorrow, Thursday?

I thought pre orders started on November 5.

#3468 talon0835

talon0835

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

So question: It seems like the Gamestop website states that the 30% trade-in bonus applies towards hardware, but it's not wholly specific about it. Is that the case? Thanks.

#3469 rbf1138

rbf1138

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

bump

If I miss these trade-in deals on a 3DS for the XL, do you think I'm out of luck post-Nov. 4? Any idea if this deal will be extended/re-upped shortly after?

#3470 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

So question: It seems like the Gamestop website states that the 30% trade-in bonus applies towards hardware, but it's not wholly specific about it. Is that the case? Thanks.

Depends on your store

I tried to trade in a PS3 controller + 360 controller + 360 play & charge kit early Oct at a GS near me and they told me games only (he showed me the promo code sheet that they scan and it only said games on there). I went to another GS and they didn't have a problem with it -- got about $77 with 30% + 10% PUR, applied $60 to a preorder, put $17 on a trade card

#3471 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Per SquareTriangle at GAF:

Sale and Trade In offer on Sony HD collections from 11/1 thru 11/14

50% trade in bonus on any trades toward the purchase of these collections.

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)

Not seeing these sale prices on the website. In-store only? Is it a late start? I was actually refreshing my cart with a few of these around midnight and gave up.

#3472 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Not seeing these sale prices on the website. In-store only? Is it a late start? I was actually refreshing my cart with a few of these around midnight and gave up.

You might want to check this thread. It is a coupon only certain people have gotten.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331057
Posted Image

#3473 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

You might want to check this thread. It is a coupon only certain people have gotten.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331057

Thanks, did not see that thread at all yesterday when I was trying to find out more about it. Those prices did seem too good to be true. No coupon in my PUR Active Offers so I guess I'll keep waiting.

#3474 jut22

jut22

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

It worked for me. I traded PS3 dualshock, nav con and memory stick and got 40% bonus (w/ 10% PUR). Heres the link that confirms it http://www.gamestop....0-trade-credit/

#3475 jut22

jut22

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

fyi: its seems GameStop removed the PUR rewards coupons for new merchandise. weird and lame.

i'm a PUR Pro member and didn't get any PS3 collection coupon. Neither the sale price or the 50% trade credit towards said games. also lame.

#3476 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

fyi: its seems GameStop removed the PUR rewards coupons for new merchandise. weird and lame.

i'm a PUR Pro member and didn't get any PS3 collection coupon. Neither the sale price or the 50% trade credit towards said games. also lame.

FWIW, the coupon doesn't mention the 50% bonus credit towards those collections at all, so that might not require a coupon.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3477 D1987

D1987

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Quick question: Can i use a $20 off powerup coupon on a $19.99 game to get it for free or would the game have to be over $20?

#3478 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Quick question: Can i use a $20 off powerup coupon on a $19.99 game to get it for free or would the game have to be over $20?

http://www.poweruprewards.com/Home/FAQ

#3479 D1987

D1987

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

http://www.poweruprewards.com/Home/FAQ

Thank you kindly i feel like an idiot for not looking their first.

#3480 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

10/30
:360: Mortal Kombat Komplete - $8
:ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete - $8

And thanks to the CAG that pointed out that the 2-for-$40 promo was still ringing up automatically. Took a gamble and bought a used PS3 MKK for $19 during the GS sale to trade-in along with the 360 version I already had. Netted $20.80 each after promo...

http://www.gamestop..../special-trades

Here's the list.

Edit: didn't work for me today f! :)

Edited by Toss, 02 November 2012 - 03:20 AM.

...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS