Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#3691 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

:drool: Holy crap. How much lifetime points do you have?

I did about 160k so far since Dec 16th

#3692 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

I just hit 140k after joining 7/25.

11/7

:ps3:

Marvel UA2 $18

:360:

L4D2 $14
Metal Gear Solid HD $10
Saints Row Double Pack $13
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $13
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (old) $15
Posted Image

#3693 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

Should I trade in my Wii? I don't use it anymore and it seems to go down in value everyday I hold on to it more. What are the values of the little stuff?

Will the WiiU have backward compatibility? What about old digital games from the WiiShop?

#3694 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I did about 160k so far since Dec 16th

I must be doing something wrong. I'm only at 187,419 since 3/11. Mind you, I've never bought a new game (to keep) or a system there. I'm curious to see what my "savings" are. Maybe I'll ask next time I go in. Then again, maybe not...

#3695 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Should I trade in my Wii? I don't use it anymore and it seems to go down in value everyday I hold on to it more. What are the values of the little stuff?

Will the WiiU have backward compatibility? What about old digital games from the WiiShop?

Keeping mine as it is the earlier version that plays gamecube games...
Selling the gamecube...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#3696 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Yes it is backward compatible with Wii games. But it also needs the wii controller and nunchuk to play them on the wiiU, since the wiiU doesn't come with those.

This was posted today about the transfer process between the wii and wiiU for saves and digital purchases. You'll need to have both systems at the same time to make the transfer.
http://www.joystiq.c...sfer-explained/

#3697 Lloyd09

Lloyd09

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Do the 10% trade in bonus apply for an ipad?

#3698 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

11/7
xbox
mass effect - 7
dance central 2 - 13

everytime i go to three gamestop that i regularly go, the clerk was always smiling at the screen and asking what kind of job that i have because my savings was almost 7k since i joined pur last december. i always reply that i'm only a student. funny thing is i never spent a dime at gamestop. everything i purchased, i used my credit only. although i did a lot of flipping from gamestop to bb, bb to gs, and gs to gs. im at 270k lifetime and 170k unused points. i only used my 100k on retro lancer which was totally worth it especially if it's free.
Real Men Make Twins

#3699 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Question about opened accessories:

It says on their receipts opened accessories can be returned for a full refund within 30 days. Anyone ever have issues doing this? To me it seems like a pretty relaxed policy for Gamestop. Just asking because I have a headset that I'll just return if I can and it seems like they'd hassle me about it.

In case anyone else has any questions like this, they took the headset back with no issues. They just asked the typical "Is anything was wrong with them" question and didn't even bother to see if they were actually in the box. I told them no there was nothing wrong with them but on the receipt it says reason for return "Defective" so not sure if that's standard ops or what.

#3700 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Is the ps3 $125 value good for phat systems as well?

#3701 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Traded
Borderlands GOTY - $14
Uncharted 1 - $4

After 50% bonus and 50% off, got the Uncharted collection and Ico collection for $0.67. Win.

#3702 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

11/7
xbox
mass effect - 7
dance central 2 - 13

everytime i go to three gamestop that i regularly go, the clerk was always smiling at the screen and asking what kind of job that i have because my savings was almost 7k since i joined pur last december. i always reply that i'm only a student. funny thing is i never spent a dime at gamestop. everything i purchased, i used my credit only. although i did a lot of flipping from gamestop to bb, bb to gs, and gs to gs. im at 270k lifetime and 170k unused points. i only used my 100k on retro lancer which was totally worth it especially if it's free.

Wow! Especially since I've read you can stack multiple $-off coupons, that are of different values, on the same item!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3703 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

All PS3:

Grand theft Auto IV Complete - $14
Need For Speed The Run - $9
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $10
Heavy Rain - $10

I took The "Steal of the Week" coupon in and it was never applied when I traded in the games towards Halo 4. I hate going to new employees that insist that they gave you the correct promo and never did. Its ok to make the mistake that is correctable, but if you insist that you are giving me my coupon and dont know for sure that you are, then ask before I cant get my games back. I asked 3 times about it and each time he said it was applied...he even asked the other guy(which he really didnt give a hell either way) and they both fucked me. I will never go to that guy again or any new face that I see behind the counter. I ended up getting my coupon back and that was that. lost out on about $10.

#3704 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

All PS3:

Grand theft Auto IV Complete - $14
Need For Speed The Run - $9
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $10
Heavy Rain - $10

I took The "Steal of the Week" coupon in and it was never applied when I traded in the games towards Halo 4. I hate going to new employees that insist that they gave you the correct promo and never did. Its ok to make the mistake that is correctable, but if you insist that you are giving me my coupon and dont know for sure that you are, then ask before I cant get my games back. I asked 3 times about it and each time he said it was applied...he even asked the other guy(which he really didnt give a hell either way) and they both fucked me. I will never go to that guy again or any new face that I see behind the counter. I ended up getting my coupon back and that was that. lost out on about $10.

Always know what you are back before you do the trade/enter the store. If its less than expected, trade it in later or at another GS down the street.

#3705 Turk February

Turk February

Comcast SUCKS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Traded on Tuesday, all PS3:

Silent Hill Downpour- $11
Uncharted 3 GOTY- $15
Oblivion- $4
Bioshock 2- $2

Selling: Sly 3 (PS Vita) Murdered; Soul Suspect digital strategy map (PS4) A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (UV from blu-ray)

Want: Paypal

TurkFebruary2010.png

#3706 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Traded on Tuesday, all PS3:

Silent Hill Downpour- $11
Uncharted 3 GOTY- $15
Oblivion- $4
Bioshock 2- $2

downpour was just patched for ps3 and wow only 11 for that. they sell it for like 30-35 LOL
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3707 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Always know what you are back before you do the trade/enter the store. If its less than expected, trade it in later or at another GS down the street.

As I completely agree with you, this was the GameStop that I ended up preordering Halo 4 at. It was my fault and should have taken them to another GameStop because I knew what I should have been getting in return, but then all the preorder bonuses would be lost.

#3708 bsmalls

bsmalls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Xbox 360

Fifa 13: $22
Modern Warfare 3: $9

#3709 Oi Stino

Oi Stino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Anyone trade in Prototype 2 for the xbox 360 recently? Quote on OP is two months old. Thanks.

#3710 momotenshi

momotenshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Do the 10% trade in bonus apply for an ipad?

Nope, doesn't apply. Called a gamestop last week and asked the same question. FYI the charge/sync cable doesn't need to be included. Only the ipad unit itself.
The *REAL* reason King Koopa kidnaps Princess Peach? Find out...
Spoiler

#3711 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Is Dead Island GOTY still $15 for the Xbox 360?

#3712 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I didn't trade it in but

PS3
Persona 4 Arena - 13$

#3713 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

If I trade in my PS3 for $125 store credit and get the AC3 PS3 bundle to get the extra $75 store credit promo, could I just return the AC3 bundle later on in the week and be able to keep the extra $75 store cred they gave me? I don't buy things at gamestop at all so I could care less if I get banned after , just wanna know if this is possible.

#3714 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

2012-11-08 Trade-ins:

:360: Bioshock = $3.50 (no change)

:wii: The Last Story = $20 (down $2 from OP, but the guy who said it was $22 was incorrect)

:3ds: Centipede Infestation = $1.00 (down $2)
:3ds: Pilotwings Resort = $2.50 (no change)

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#3715 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

If I trade in my PS3 for $125 store credit and get the AC3 PS3 bundle to get the extra $75 store credit promo, could I just return the AC3 bundle later on in the week and be able to keep the extra $75 store cred they gave me? I don't buy things at gamestop at all so I could care less if I get banned after , just wanna know if this is possible.

I don't think it stacks, but yes you get to keep the credit.

#3716 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

I don't think it stacks, but yes you get to keep the credit.

What do you mean it doesn't stack? It's only one promo and thank you for the info

Edit: nvm I just called another GS and they told me the base was $100. I called a different one earlier and they told me base was $125 or maybe they just added the promo and didn't tell me

Edited by JohnWayne, 09 November 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#3717 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

PS3:
Binary Domain - $8
Batman Arkham City GOTY - $13
NFS The Run - $9

360:
Borderlands GOTY - $14
Halo Reach - $13
Spiderman Friend or Foe - $8
GTA IV Complete Edition - $14

#3718 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

:ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV $7

And I guess you can't trade in :3ds: Spirit Camera because of the AR book. Thankfully BB lets you :)

#3719 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

question, if assassins creed 3 trades in for 30, and i trade it toward ico collection for %50 bonus, and i use a %50 off coupon for sony collection, i should get 35 trade and ico collection correct?

#3720 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

question, if assassins creed 3 trades in for 30, and i trade it toward ico collection for %50 bonus, and i use a %50 off coupon for sony collection, i should get 35 trade and ico collection correct?

Cant stack those promos if im not mistaken
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze