Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#571 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Wow, I went in yesterday to do some trades and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the games I traded in gave me more value than I paid for years ago. I traded about 26 games and walked out with $270 worth of credit (that's including the promotions). The newest game in the batch was left 4 Dead 2 which added over $25 credit (again, that's with the bonuses included).

And of course thanks to CAG and SD, I never paid full price for those games to begin with >< I was just hoping to get more than a buck or two for each one.

Are you intending to list the base prices for the games you traded in so that they can be updated in the OP?

#572 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

question: is the GS system smart/nice enough to give you the best B2G1 discount?

for example, if I am gonna buy 3x $10 games and 3x $5 games, would it take off one $10 and one $5 games, or 2x $5 games?

it can even do B2G2 deals correctly.

#573 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Does anyone know if the b&m stores sell the nexus or is it just online for gamestop?

Stores are sold out through the 3rd or 4th shipment. You just have to put down $50 & get in line.

#574 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Does anyone know if the b&m stores sell the nexus or is it just online for gamestop?

Most if not all stores have stopped taking pre-orders of the Nexus 7.

Stores are sold out through the 3rd or 4th shipment. You just have to put down $50 & get in line.

Nexus 7 taken out of the pre-order system. Checked a few days ago.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#575 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Here's my list:

Kirby Epic Yarn (Like you said)
Dead Space: Extraction
A couple of the Rabbids games
Metroid Other M (another one you stated)

There really isnt much, cause like I said everything good is 17.99 or higher.

I dunno, there might be some gems that I left out. Good luck to all.

Some other Wii games under $15 ones to consider:

Madworld $4.99
Metroid Prime 3 $7.99
Muramasa $12.99
Deadly Creatures $14.99
Cursed Mountain $12.99

#576 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Oh my gosh Im sad I missed on the 50% extra TIV! Damn I want to offload my GOW 1/2+3 for the new combo coming out. Darn it.

#577 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

highly recommend Deadly Creatures. One of my favorite Wii games

#578 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Oh my gosh Im sad I missed on the 50% extra TIV! Damn I want to offload my GOW 1/2+3 for the new combo coming out. Darn it.

You wouldn't have got much either way. All Gears games have a low trade in value.

#579 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

You wouldn't have got much either way. All Gears games have a low trade in value.

I think he meant God of War.

#580 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

God or War, I'm assuming. I also missed this promo and am sad.

#581 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

He meant God of War, not Gears of War.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#582 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

If you didn't already see it, read about the Amazon TIV of those games in the Newegg GOW Saga thread. Might make it worth it.

#583 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Some other Wii games under $15 ones to consider:

Madworld $4.99
Metroid Prime 3 $7.99
Muramasa $12.99
Deadly Creatures $14.99
Cursed Mountain $12.99

Just so people know, you can get the limited edition (2 dvds) of Cursed Mountain on amazon for like $9 new with Prime Shipping

#584 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

So wait there was a 50% bonus over the weekend? If so that sucks I was on a mini-vacation 8o(.

I was actually just getting on here to check if people knew when another good TiV deal was going to happen since the current 25% (or 35% PuR) is pretty crappy compared to BB's 50%. Got a bunch of stuff I want to unload soon (mostly older PS3 stuff) and I'm looking at $90 at BB, was hoping for a better deal someplace (just under $80 at Amazon).

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#585 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Unless you really wanted the new case, there was really no reason to do it. You would have got about $20 in trade leaving you with $20 to still "upgrade" day 1. The Saga Collection is still going to have 2 discs and Origins is download voucher only, which may suit some people, but most of us on here, I think, prefer the physical copies as we actually own them and can trade them down the road. You should be able to get Origins for around that $20 price without too much effort.

I was totally thinking the same thing as I thought Sony might actually put the games all on 1 disc as a super Collection, after word came out it was 2 discs and voucher though, meh.

#586 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Unless you really wanted the new case, there was really no reason to do it. You would have got about $20 in trade leaving you with $20 to still "upgrade" day 1. The Saga Collection is still going to have 2 discs and Origins is download voucher only, which may suit some people, but most of us on here, I think, prefer the physical copies as we actually own them and can trade them down the road. You should be able to get Origins for around that $20 price without too much effort.

I was totally thinking the same thing as I thought Sony might actually put the games all on 1 disc as a super Collection, after word came out it was 2 discs and voucher though, meh.

The pre-order is 29.99 shipped at Newegg.

Trade List Games & DLC

#587 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Kind of assumed if you were going to trade things in to GS then you would like likely buy at GS .

#588 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Looks like the price went up to 39.99 now.

#589 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Kind of assumed if you were going to trade things in to GS then you would like likely buy at GS .

Yeah, that is probably the correct line of thought. I was just making people aware of other options. The deal is dead now anyway.

Trade List Games & DLC

#590 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

So why the hell is Origins download codes when they're doing a 2nd disk for 1 and 2 anyway? 1 and 2 don't take up 50 GB.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#591 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#592 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Went to gamestop today to try and trade ncaa 13 for the $30 guaranteed promo but they wouldn't give it to me. Does anyone know why?
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#593 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Went to gamestop today to try and trade ncaa 13 for the $30 guaranteed promo but they wouldn't give it to me. Does anyone know why?

Yes, I do--the promotion details specify that you can only get $30 guaranteed credit when a new copy of NCAA '13 is priced at $59.99. A new copy is currently $49.99, so technically the promotion isn't active, I suppose.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#594 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

The NCAA sale should end today so it should work tomorrow.

#595 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yes, I do--the promotion details specify that you can only get $30 guaranteed credit when a new copy of NCAA '13 is priced at $59.99. A new copy is currently $49.99, so technically the promotion isn't active, I suppose.

Unless they changed the system, the computer should've/would've given him the guaranteed $30. So many people bought it and traded it back in last week when it was on sale AND half price. The way he worded his post it sounds like the GS rep just told him no and didn't proceed with the trade-in.

#596 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Unless they changed the system, the computer should've/would've given him the guaranteed $30. So many people bought it and traded it back in last week when it was on sale AND half price. The way he worded his post it sounds like the GS rep just told him no and didn't proceed with the trade-in.

Hmm, good point. I don't know what to make of it, then. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#597 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

gs is even more ymmv than bestbuy sometimes. lol

#598 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

The NCAA sale should end today so it should work tomorrow.

Just a reminder that the $30 guarantee for NCAA 13 ends tomorrow 8/8.

#599 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Why is Gamestop emailing me about saving my points?

Saying my points are about to expire

When i shop with them constantly. I have over 100,000 lifetime points.

Anybody else get this?

#600 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

8/7
PS3 sixaxis 18
usb mini cable 2
Sony wireless headset (original) 28
x360 Left 4 Dead 16
Wii Legend of Zelda SS 18