Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#661 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

The manager at my local GameStop said they got an e-mail regarding 3DS XL upgrades. He said it would start Sun. August 19th.

I don't remember all the prices but it should at least give us an idea.

Ds Lite - $40
? - $65
3DS - $100

I assume DSi is $65 and DSiXL is $85 but I don't remember exactly as I only have a Lite and 3DS.

#662 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

posting a comment so there arent 666 comments
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#663 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

The manager at my local GameStop said they got an e-mail regarding 3DS XL upgrades. He said it would start Sun. August 19th.

Ds Lite - $40
? - $65
3DS - $100

I assume DSi is $65 and DSiXL is $85 but I don't remember exactly as I only have a Lite and 3DS.

All stores or just some?

Also hope you can still get those prices if you trade after buying the XL, since no one seems to allow transfers instore
Posted ImagePosted Image

#664 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Ds Lite - $40
? - $65
3DS - $100

This sounds great to me, I left exactly $100 on my pre-order and I have both a DSi XL and a 3DS. If the DSi XL gets at least $75 it's gone, and if I had gotten $50 or less for the DSi XL, then the 3DS would have gone, and I figured they would give $100 for it.

I have to admit I was getting very nervous there would be no promo at all, and then I was going to have to decide if getting only $75 for my 3DS was worth it. Glad it's not going to come to that.

#665 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

All stores or just some?

Also hope you can still get those prices if you trade after buying the XL, since no one seems to allow transfers instore

I'd be surprised if this wasn't national. He pulled up and read the e-mail straight up and he didn't mention transfers which sucks. He did tell me I could take mine to the neighboring McDonalds and transfer over their WiFi. God knows how long that will take.

#666 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Apparently it only takes 15-45 minutes for the transfer on average.

I'm a pretty long term customer at my store, was hoping i could somehow talk them into letting me leave some collateral worth the same value, but i doubt that will happen XD.

Guess i'll be trading in a ton of games (Despite not having finished them yet), and just put the 3DS value toward some September stuff.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#667 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ds Lite - $40
? - $65
3DS - $100

Awesome, was hoping for at least $100 for 3DS! Too bad we can't get the extra $25 hardware stacked, but I have just over $100 in trade that I planned just for this!

#668 iiSaviour

iiSaviour

RIP In Peace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

On a side note, my 3DS has a PRP with GameStop. Any way I can use it to get an XL for much cheaper?

#669 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

I guess I won't be upgrading my 3DS to the 3DS XL. I was hoping they'd give me more than $100 towards an XL, but spending $100 more just for bigger screens doesn't seem worth it.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#670 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Ds Lite - $40
? - $65
3DS - $100

I saw that email as well. Forgot to check what you actually got for each system trade in towards the 3DS XL though.

On a side note, my 3DS has a PRP with GameStop. Any way I can use it to get an XL for much cheaper?

Nope.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#671 smcmanus1980

smcmanus1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ds Lite - $40
? - $65
3DS - $100

Any idea if you can trade in two or three different model systems during these type of promos?

#672 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Any idea if you can trade in two or three different model systems during these type of promos?

I told the guy at my GameStop I'd be trading in a DS Lite and a 3DS and he said "Awesome so that would be $140" so I'd assume that's totally acceptable.

#673 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't think it would be a problem at all as they different systems, I would bet it will work out fine.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#674 FuzTurtle

FuzTurtle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Just got this email about gravity rush trade in:

You Played It.
Now Trade It.

You're done playing the games you have, and you want new games. We can help. Trade in Gravity Rush by Monday, August 20, for $25 in-store credit. You can spend it on anything in the store and online.

#675 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I just got the same type email but it was 30 for Spidey.

#676 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just got this email about gravity rush trade in:

You Played It.
Now Trade It.

You're done playing the games you have, and you want new games. We can help. Trade in Gravity Rush by Monday, August 20, for $25 in-store credit. You can spend it on anything in the store and online.

Yes these are the following games I got on my e-mail:
NCAA Football 13- $30
Spec Ops The Line- $30
The Amazing Spider-man- $30
Sniper Elite V2- $30
Record of Agarest War 2- $30
Lollipop Chainsaw- $25
Kirby's Return to Dreamland- $25
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita)- $25
Gravity Rush- $25
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy- $25
Pokemon Conquest- $20

#677 FuzTurtle

FuzTurtle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

NCAA Football 13- $30
Spec Ops The Line- $30
Sniper Elite V2- $30
Lollipop Chainsaw- $25
Gravity Rush- $25
Pokemon Conquest- $20

I wonder if we need the emails to get these value trade in.

#678 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone know of any free shipping promo codes for Gamestop online?

I want to pick up a 3-Pack Skylander set for my son. I tried using "SAVER" and it said I needed to have more than $24.99. I tossed a couple of cheap pre-owned games for filler and it still didn't take. Does the Skylander set not qualify under that promo code?

God I hate Gamestop...

#679 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I wonder if we need the emails to get these value trade in.

I doubt it because I never even owned all those games before. You just have to be a PowerUp Pro member.

#680 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone know of any free shipping promo codes for Gamestop online?

I want to pick up a 3-Pack Skylander set for my son. I tried using "SAVER" and it said I needed to have more than $24.99. I tossed a couple of cheap pre-owned games for filler and it still didn't take. Does the Skylander set not qualify under that promo code?

God I hate Gamestop...

Go to a store and ask them to print you out a code for Free value shipping. It costs nothing and you get 7 days to use it from when its printed. That's what I did to get Kingdom Hearts Mark of Mastery Edition shipped free.

#681 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Go to a store and ask them to print you out a code for Free value shipping. It costs nothing and you get 7 days to use it from when its printed. That's what I did to get Kingdom Hearts Mark of Mastery Edition shipped free.

And that will work on ANY item? I'm thinking "SAVER" code isn't working because the Skylander Set is categorized as something the code won't work on (ie. Consoles).

I'd just order from Amazon, but I can't think of any fillers to get to the Free Saver Shipping... and I have some trade credit to burn.

#682 FuzTurtle

FuzTurtle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I doubt it because I never even owned all those games before. You just have to be a PowerUp Pro member.

That's weird, I bought gravity rush from GameStop and this was the only game I got in the email with a $25 trade value. No others listed. Did anybody else get a full list of games with these high values?

#683 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

And that will work on ANY item? I'm thinking "SAVER" code isn't working because the Skylander Set is categorized as something the code won't work on (ie. Consoles).

I'd just order from Amazon, but I can't think of any fillers to get to the Free Saver Shipping... and I have some trade credit to burn.

Yes the code didn't have a minimum amount to spend. It's a new thing to do I'm guessing to get foot traffic in the store and try to get a pre-order from someone but I just asked for it and purchased nothing and he gave it to me.

#684 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

That's weird, I bought gravity rush from GameStop and this was the only game I got in the email with a $25 trade value. No others listed. Did anybody else get a full list of games with these high values?

The email I got has the full list w/ values

#685 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Aww man Gravity Rush went up? Oh well $21.50 during the Vita/3DS trade promo ain't bad.

#686 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Is that the old style one like the Socom Confrontation and Endwar bundles?
The one I have is from the Socom Confront. Bundle but it still has the stand/charger.

Can I just trade that in with the Socom box or do I need the standalone plastic wrapper/box?

I have this box but I already traded in the game somewhere else.
Posted Image

I don't have this box:
Posted Image

You just need the headset and charge cable. Either version of the Sony headset is the same value.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#687 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

I walked into gametop yesterday and saw that they had a $40 price tag on Left 4 Dead 2. I literally laughed out loud
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#688 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

I walked into gametop yesterday and saw that they had a $40 price tag on Left 4 Dead 2. I literally laughed out loud

It's listed as $44.99 on the website. Also, Left 4 Dead 1 is going for $34.99 used. Now is the time to trade them in if you have them lying around collecting dust like I did. Got $44.55 in credit after bonuses for the 2 last week.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#689 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

8/15/12 Base TIV

Xbox 360:
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - $15 (with 25% bonus and Powerup 10% comes to $20.25, comparable to Amazon)
Syndicate - $9 ((with 25% bonus and Powerup 10% comes to $12.15, comparable to Amazon)
Crackdown - $4
Gears of War 3 - $8

PS3:
NFS: The Run - $9

NCAA Football 13- $30
Spec Ops The Line- $30
Sniper Elite V2- $30
Lollipop Chainsaw- $25
Gravity Rush- $25
Pokemon Conquest- $20

This would be great if this can be confirmed or someone forward me a copy of the e-mail? I searched my Inbox for all Gamestop e-mails and didn't find this particular e-mail. $30 for Spec Ops is probably the best I can get for it.
Posted Image

#690 ItalianWeapons

ItalianWeapons

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Left 4 Dead $40? I saw it at BestBuy sealed for $20.