Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#751 hobomatt

hobomatt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

TIV's for 8/22:

PS3:
Twisted Metal - $14
FIFA 12 - $20
COD: MW3 - $17

360:
Dirt 3 - $5.5

#752 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Ugh.... Went to Gamestop to trade in some games, and the guy didn't know what he was doing (he was obviously new there). I brought in Resistance: BS, Rage, Star Wars: FU II, and LBP 2 SE (which I got in the PS3 bundle during Black Friday), and an HDMI cable.

He scanned everything and tried scanning LBP 2, and was all like "Oh, this says not for resale, can't take this." I didn't bother explaining to him that the 'not for resale' label means that it can't be sold outside of the bundle, but that it could be resold separately after being purchased. First time I've ever had an issue with it. So, I didn't get the 25%.

Then he was all like "Oh, we don't take HDMI cables." Then he turned to the guy working the other end of the counter and was all like "Do we?" Then the other guy was all like "Yeah, we do." and gave him a look like he was a total dumb ass. The other guy had to constantly come over and help him too...

So my question is, can I go and trade in LBP 2 and try to get the 25%, or is there any way to get my games back? Wish I had fought with him on it, but he was a really nice guy- he just did not know what the hell he was doing... :-?

#753 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ugh.... Went to Gamestop to trade in some games, and the guy didn't know what he was doing (he was obviously new there). I brought in Resistance: BS, Rage, Star Wars: FU II, and LBP 2 SE (which I got in the PS3 bundle during Black Friday), and an HDMI cable.

He scanned everything and tried scanning LBP 2, and was all like "Oh, this says not for resale, can't take this." I didn't bother explaining to him that the 'not for resale' label means that it can't be sold outside of the bundle, but that it could be resold separately after being purchased. First time I've ever had an issue with it. So, I didn't get the 25%.

Then he was all like "Oh, we don't take HDMI cables." Then he turned to the guy working the other end of the counter and was all like "Do we?" Then the other guy was all like "Yeah, we do." and gave him a look like he was a total dumb ass. The other guy had to constantly come over and help him too...

So my question is, can I go and trade in LBP 2 and try to get the 25%, or is there any way to get my games back? Wish I had fought with him on it, but he was a really nice guy- he just did not know what the hell he was doing... :-?

Trade in as disc only. Or cover up the "not for resale" next time to avoid the problem.

#754 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Trade in as disc only. Or cover up the "not for resale" next time to avoid the problem.

Yeah I know. That's what I thought of when I got back. Ugh... never had an issue just trading in the whole game, even when it says 'not for resale'. The guy didn't even know how the system worked- only knew how to scan stuff. :roll:

#755 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Xbox 360 Core System with wireless Controller: Base $55 +$25 Bonus $80 total

#756 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

Xbox 360 Core System with wireless Controller: Base $55 +$25 Bonus $80 total

Hmm. Might trade in my old xbox now. Does gamestop care if the 360 is an elite model?
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#757 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hmm. Might trade in my old xbox now. Does gamestop care if the 360 is an elite model?

no, but dont think it will get you more. Save the hdd btw.

#758 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Base TIV 8/22

:360: The Darkness $2.50
:360: Perfect Dark Zero $.25
:ps3: Infamous 2 $6.00
:ps3: Need For Speed: The Run $9.00

#759 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

no, but dont think it will get you more. Save the hdd btw.

Correct it won't get you anymore. You only get more if it a slim model. I traded in a 1st gen xbox 360 :)

#760 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Vita: Wipeout 2048: $5

#761 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Looked at the tiv here but it wouldnt show
whats the tiv for SSX, Halo anniversary, and modern warfare3, and record of agarest war zero...all xbox 360
and HDMI cable?

Let me go check for you....
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#762 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

8/22

:360: Fifa 12 $20
:360: Driver: San Francisco $10

Got $42 toward madden! :D

EDIT: Total failure on my part for not adding Drvier!

Edited by Geco17, 23 August 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#763 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

8/22

:360: Driver: San Francisco

*psst* You forgot the value for Driver: San Francisco...8-)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#764 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

my guess would be $10

#765 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

*psst* You forgot the value for Driver: San Francisco...8-)

Haha oops :wall: Don't worry though, sninh had my back 8-)

#766 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

8/22

:360: Driver: San Francisco $10

EDIT: Total failure on my part for not adding Drvier!

This right here makes me think it's time to get into FIFA. I can get at least half of my money back almost 1 year later if I don't like it.i can't believe it's still that high.

#767 he1l1o

he1l1o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Does GS still take in RROD xbox 360s?
Do they also take in those old HDDs?
How about for a working xbox 360 (old version)?

#768 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

This right here makes me think it's time to get into FIFA. I can get at least half of my money back almost 1 year later if I don't like it.i can't believe it's still that high.

The NHL series follows a similar path. Doesn't drop in price until literally the week before the new one comes out and used copies aren't plentiful in stores until July/August.

During the NHL playoffs ALL GS in St. Louis were sold out new and used on 360, a few scattered PS3 copies here and there.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#769 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

1. No
2. Yes but TIV is horrible on the 360 HDD's. You're better off selling on CAG/Amazon/CL/EBay. Only version they give double digits on is the old style 250GB, which you can get 7 times more on the sites I mentioned above.
3. Go to OP, lookup TIV on 360 system, that's the price for all the non-Slims.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#770 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

(I'm a current employee there)

Does GS still take in RROD xbox 360s? = No
Do they also take in those old HDDs? = Yes, but you get almost nothing for them tbh
How about for a working xbox 360 (old version) = Of course. Also trade it in within the next couple days to get this offer. (extra $25) http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins

#771 he1l1o

he1l1o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks guys. Does the xbox 360 must come with HDD, cables, controllers? or can I trade in just the bare console itself?

#772 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Quick question about PUR. Mine expires next month, but I renewed mine on Sunday. How long does it usually take to get the B2G1 coupon for renewal? Is it when the renewal period officially hits?

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#773 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Quick question about PUR. Mine expires next month, but I renewed mine on Sunday. How long does it usually take to get the B2G1 coupon for renewal? Is it when the renewal period officially hits?

You checked Active Offers under poweruprewards.com and it's not there now? It should show up within 2 days of a renewal. You might want to call GS customer service.

42869.png

#774 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Thanks guys. Does the xbox 360 must come with HDD, cables, controllers? or can I trade in just the bare console itself?

Console, 1 controller, video/power cables (must be standard AV or component cables, can't be HDMI.)

42869.png

#775 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

8/23

:360: Top Spin 4 $10

I don't know why this went up in value, but I bought it for $5 at TRU last week when they had the $5 coupon. Oh well, works for me!

#776 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Called in and got a base TIV of $24 for a :ps3: Dualshock 3. Still tempted to get rid of it and get a new one from BB next week.

#777 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Cash I believe

20% from $30 Store Credit is $24

Please guys only post store credit!!

#778 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Is that $24 in credit or cash?

why would it be in cash? No one does cash at GS. FYI they take away 50% of the regular Trade in if you want cash. This is CHEAPassgamer. :roll:

#779 davisdj

davisdj

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Do we know what the next promo(s) at GS are going to be yet, if anything?

#780 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

You checked Active Offers under poweruprewards.com and it's not there now? It should show up within 2 days of a renewal. You might want to call GS customer service.

Only offer there is the $10 off any purchase I redeemed points for awhile back. Looks like I get to call and complain again. Yay!

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!