Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#91 247

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

The 30% + 10% promo is better than the $5 + 10% on games that trade in for $17 or more.

#92 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Also I am going start calling some GS's in my free time soon to start getting quotes on Xbox 360 games that haven't been updated in 2+ years. I love helping this thread :D (if you haven't been able to tell by now)

The thing with that is, you may have to call a few for the games you inquire about a TIV.

When Assassins Creed was $14, I called a GS after reading the value on here. The guy had a professional sound. Even put me on hold while he 'checked'. Came back and said $11.xx:roll:. Called another and got the $14 quote.

Phone quotes are cool, but not something for the OP.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#93 hatback

hatback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Phone Quotes - Base TIVs 7/27

:360: Major League Baseball 2K12 - $21
:360: NBA 2K12 - $13

:360: 2K Sports Combo Pack — Major League Baseball 2K12/NBA 2K12 - $19

I guess you're better off trading in the games disc-only seperately, hehe.

#94 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

You would think GS would have this type of thing figured out after being in business so long. It is either a. They are too stupid or b. They think the majority of their customers are too stupid. Discuss...:lol:

#95 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

You would think GS would have this type of thing figured out after being in business so long. It is either a. They are too stupid or b. They think the majority of their customers are too stupid. Discuss...:lol:

i wonder what the tiv is at bestbuy

#96 247

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

How does the 30% pre order promo work? Can you cancel the pre order and still get the extra 30%?

#97 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

i wonder what the tiv is at bestbuy

At BBY

NBA 2k12 $8
MLB 2k12 :ps3: $12 :360: $10

Cannot find the combo pack TIV.

#98 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Traded in another 4 games today, puts me at $295.61 for the 26 games I traded in today and yesterday.

360 titles

Rage - $5
Deadliest Warrior - $6
Assassins Creed Rev - $15
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - $6.50

The problem I have now is I never buy games at Gamestop, ever. So I've got $300~ in credit to a store I don't purchase games from. =/

shit, buy a ps3, 3ds XL, ipod, iphone, something. Shit give me the money and Ill have no promblem spending it :D

YES! Getting an iPad 2 today $359 w / $50 itunes, reserved an 3dsxl , thinking about a nexus 7, and wii u later. Gamestop is becoming my defacto hardware store. With all the recent promos my cost out of pocket is less than 50%.

gi joe rise of cobra ps3 2.75 :( missedd that one)
sonic unleashed ps3 5.50
mk vs dc universe ps3 5.50
ps move heroes ps3 3.00
sly collection ps3 11.00
dead rising ps3 6.00

child of eden 5.50 360
plants vs zombies 7.00 360
split second 6.00 360
sonic hedgehog 3.00 360

Edited by Toss, 27 July 2012 - 07:32 PM.

...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#99 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Huh, if you're willing to take a risk on the TIVs, you could hold onto the combo pack until the 2-day "Buy a used game, get 50% extra credit for your trades" promo to get $51 ($54.40 w/ PUR). Not a bad profit margin at all ($28 BBY -> $51/$54.40 GS), though I think I'm fine with the GS credit I've got and I'd like to hold onto my more-versatile BBY GC credit.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#100 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

How does the 30% pre order promo work? Can you cancel the pre order and still get the extra 30%?

Just buy a used game for 99cents or less to get the 30% toward pre-owned bump.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#101 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Huh, if you're willing to take a risk on the TIVs, you could hold onto the combo pack until the 2-day "Buy a used game, get 50% extra credit for your trades" promo to get $51 ($54.40 w/ PUR). Not a bad profit margin at all ($28 BBY -> $51/$54.40 GS), though I think I'm fine with the GS credit I've got and I'd like to hold onto my more-versatile BBY GC credit.

When is that?

#102 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Oh i might buy a combo pack today at BBY to get me some Steam Credits and Itunes gift card at GS! pretty sweet!

#103 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

When is that?

Week 5 or 6 of Gamestock according to this post from earlier in the thread:

When I was trading in games yesterday, I was told by the manager that an email came across detailing the Gamestock Week 5 or 6 (not sure which), but there is a 2 day Buy a used game get 50% trade in bonus coming up. Just an fyi.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#104 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I was really going to keep MLB 2k12 to have a Baseball game to mess around with but after seeing the value I think I'll take it to GS a put some credit with it to get The Show. Should only take 5 to 7 bucks of credit.

#105 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

this is going to be a stupid question, but what exactly is gamestock? is it some kind of special summer gamestop event?

#106 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

this is going to be a stupid question, but what exactly is gamestock? is it some kind of special summer gamestop event?

Short answer: Yes. Long answer: http://www.gamestock2012.com/

Cloud_Squall78.png

#107 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

damn need for speed the run actually went up

I know right...I need to play through the story mode and trade it in before it tanks
Posted Image

#108 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Any of you have been trading at GS for over a year and traded the same game on the same system within a short time frame?

#109 io

io

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Any of you have been trading at GS for over a year and traded the same game on the same system within a short time frame?

Yes, lots of us have ;).

#110 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yes, lots of us have ;).

Thanks! :)

#111 zaw73

zaw73

Nothing to see here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Called to get a quote today because Skylanders was not listed on "the list" and was amazed to find out that they do not take it. I admit I was surprised so -

Xbox 360 - Skylanders - Does not accept

#112 io

io

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Called to get a quote today because Skylanders was not listed on "the list" and was amazed to find out that they do not take it. I admit I was surprised so -

Xbox 360 - Skylanders - Does not accept

I got this a while back for the 3DS version, too. You'd think with racks (now) full of Skylanders figures and the fact that they take the figures in for trade that they might want at least some stock of used copies to sell to people. I could see them not wanting to be flooded, but I think they'd do well with it. There is no way to buy just the game without the entire starter pack so I'm sure some customers would appreciate a $30-ish used copy.

I had an extra 360 starter pack that I got on sale a while back. All the kids I know (nephews, etc) either already had it or weren't interested, so I just split it up. The first thing to sell was the game - went to someone who said their kids broke their disc and they had no way of getting a replacement other than eBay. They were more than happy to pay $40 for it. GS is being stupid by not taking those - they could give $10 for them and sell them for $30, easy.

(That is, unless there is some arrangement with Activision not to do so...)

#113 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

I got this a while back for the 3DS version, too. You'd think with racks (now) full of Skylanders figures and the fact that they take the figures in for trade that they might want at least some stock of used copies to sell to people. I could see them not wanting to be flooded, but I think they'd do well with it. There is no way to buy just the game without the entire starter pack so I'm sure some customers would appreciate a $30-ish used copy.

I had an extra 360 starter pack that I got on sale a while back. All the kids I know (nephews, etc) either already had it or weren't interested, so I just split it up. The first thing to sell was the game - went to someone who said their kids broke their disc and they had no way of getting a replacement other than eBay. They were more than happy to pay $40 for it. GS is being stupid by not taking those - they could give $10 for them and sell them for $30, easy.

(That is, unless there is some arrangement with Activision not to do so...)

GS no longer takes Skylanders figures for trade. They don't take Rocksmith either. It's a space issue, GS doesn't like taking anything anymore that requires additional accessories.

Edited by MSUHitman, 27 July 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#114 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Short answer: Yes. Long answer: http://www.gamestock2012.com/

that is what i figured with the code they gave me everytime i went to trade in this week

#115 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

is the 50% extra trade-in still good

#116 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

So i learned about getting free points through the Gamestop app today from an employee. There's an option at the bottom to "check in" and you select any one of the stores near you and you'll get rewarded 5 Powerup points automatically.

You don't have to physically be at a GS. It can be done at home. The limit is one check in per day (5 points).

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#117 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

is the 50% extra trade-in still good

That actually ended a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly, there is a new one coming up soon. So stay tuned for that.

#118 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

That actually ended a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly, there is a new one coming up soon. So stay tuned for that.

Most likely after this supposed b2g1. The timing does make sense though.

#119 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

:360:
Halo Reach $17

#120 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

traded in mlb 2k12 today and kept nba 2k12 for free basically. So is there a way they can check if you traded in the same game for the same system? I not sure if they can ban you at gamestop for this? I was contemplating getting another nba 2k12 for bro. didn't want to trade more then one copy of a game