Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1231 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm not enjoying the game as much as I thought it was. Any current base tiv? I read some said 9 to 18 so I'm not sure. Too busy to call :(

It takes less than two minutes to call. You can't be that busy.

#1232 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I just called about Witcher 2 and got told 9$ base.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1233 grecianfox

grecianfox

Ambulance Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

I also posted the value one page back.

#1234 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Didn't realize Witcher 2 was part of the sale. Hopefully it goes back up once I finish it.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1235 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

I just called about Witcher 2 and got told 9$ base.

damn. paid $30 for it a month or two ago from amazon. it's ok, but i'm not a big fan of the combat. graphics and story are cool.

Auen1.png?7125

#1236 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Amalur 360 down to $13 base. 9-3

#1237 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

anyone have a recent tiv for kid icarus 3ds since the 50% started?

#1238 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

anyone have a recent tiv for kid icarus 3ds since the 50% started?

$12

#1239 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

all 360
price is right- $8
x-men origins wolverine - $3

logo.png

#1240 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

Traded in The Witcher 2 for $14 (that includes the 50% bonus)
Posted Image

#1241 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

FYI, the 30% w/ select new works with iDevices. Got a very nice bump on a couple old 3G's from Craigslist by adding Madden for Vita.

#1242 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Traded in The Witcher 2 for $14 (that includes the 50% bonus)

would've got 24 at bb. bummer dude

#1243 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

9/4 Phone Quotes

:360:

Darksiders II $23 still
Sleeping Dogs $22 still
Prototype 2 $16 still
Posted Image

#1244 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

9/4

:ps3::360: SSX $12

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1245 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

no flood of kid icarus trade in posts today? CAG you dissappoint me...

#1246 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

no flood of kid icarus trade in posts today? CAG you dissappoint me...

Doesn't seem like that good of a flip honestly. $15+tax for $12, $18 after the 50% bonus. Barely worth the effort.

Man the guy at the last gamestop I went to was a huge dick. I did the preorder game get 30% bonus on anything. Traded in another dualshock 3 for $42. I wanted to only put down $5, which I did before with no problem even though the deal says it has to all be applied. Not that it's even that big of a deal as I'm going to cancel them anyways, but the way he acted was pretty over the top.

GS: "Which gamestop did you preorder at? They're not allowed to do that they can get all kinds of fired for doing that!"
Me: "well, the system does the 30% bonus whether its $5 or all. It doesn't matter really."
GS: "Well, it all has to be applied, that's what it says!"
Me: "Ok whatever, doesn't really matter to me."

All this was in what I would describe as assistant manager tone.

Then he went on a whole rant about me preordering at two different stores. "You do know you have to pick up the game at that store? Why would you do that!"

Because I could care less where I preorder I'm going to cancel it next time I'm at the store anyways!!!!!! Just give me the damn receipt so I fcking leave.

He also put a piece of tape far from the counter that said start line here. There was one person at the counter so he made me stand behind it which was about 8 feet from the register.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1247 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Kid Icarus 3DS $12

#1248 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Kid Icarus 3DS $12

yep been reported several times. Not really a good flip even though everyone thinks it is.

#1249 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

yep been reported several times. Not really a good flip even though everyone thinks it is.

It is if u get 3 of them. Trade 2 in for $36 and end up getting your copy for free.

#1250 Cheapskate McGee

Cheapskate McGee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

:360: Halo 3: ODST- $5.00
:360: Halo 3- $6.00
:360: Gears of War 2- $1.00
:360: Gears of War- $1.00
:360: Darksiders- $6.00
:360: Call of Duty: Black Ops- $11.00
:360: Xbox Live Arcade: Unplugged- $0.75

These are base TIV.

#1251 NineH

NineH

I </3 Brenda H

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

apologies in advance for the somewhat late posting of my trades

8/31 TIV:
:wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 18
:360: Major League Baseball 2k12 - 14
:ds: Dragon Quest VI - 7

9/1 TIV
:360: MLB 2K12/NBA 2k12 combo pack - 15
:360: NBA 2k12 - 11

9/3 TIV
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 - 14
SSBB FC: 4468-0666-6336

#1252 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

It is if u get 3 of them. Trade 2 in for $36 and end up getting your copy for free.

How? If you're lucky and get 3 at one store with the b2g1. It was OOS at every bestbuy around me within 30 minutes of the stores opening today. People barely could get one of it. Online it limits you to one per order so no b2g1 there.

#1253 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Just to be clear, the 50% cant be stacked with the other trade offers such as the 25% for trading in four or the 30% power trade, right?
If I'm not mistaken, only best buy allowed stacking when they had multiple trade-in promotions.

#1254 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Just to be clear, the 50% cant be stacked with the other trade offers such as the 25% for trading in four or the 30% power trade, right? If I'm not mistaken, only best buy allowed stacking when they had multiple trade-in promotions.

To answer your question, yes, but I don't think BBY ever allowed stacking for trade-in promos aside from the usual 10% GCU bonus stacking with everything (like GS's 10% PUR bonus stacking with everything).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1255 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Just to be clear, the 50% cant be stacked with the other trade offers such as the 25% for trading in four or the 30% power trade, right?
If I'm not mistaken, only best buy allowed stacking when they had multiple trade-in promotions.

No! In fact if you're going to do the power trade on lets say a controller or console, you have to do the games separate to get the 50%. This happened to me and the cashier had to manually take the difference (20%) off a game I was buying or else I had to completely redo the trade and go get the other games I bought from my car to return/rebuy them.

For consoles what is the refurb charge? Is it for non-working systems. I have a DS lite that the touchscreen doesn't work. I have it at the bottom of some box at my house. If I can dig it up would it be $20 plus the 30% PUR and then - $10 for the refurb? so I could technically get $18 for a broken DS lite?

#1256 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

How? If you're lucky and get 3 at one store with the b2g1. It was OOS at every bestbuy around me within 30 minutes of the stores opening today. People barely could get one of it. Online it limits you to one per order so no b2g1 there.

There were 8 games total between 2 local Best Buys from when I checked yesterday. I was able to buy one at one store and then get another 2 at the other. Traded in a Witcher 2 at store #2 for $24 that I got for $10 at store #1 then did a return/rebuy for Kid Icarus so I could get the B2G1.

So it is possible, but I guess extremely YMMV as many people are reporting shortages or OOS at their respective Best Buys. Also, it helps that I was lucky enough to have the day off so I was there at store opening.

#1257 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

I only bought Kid Icarus to try it out. If I end up liking it, then I got it at the price that it won't reach again for a while. If not I can trade it in and get my money back.

#1258 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

There were 8 games total between 2 local Best Buys from when I checked yesterday. I was able to buy one at one store and then get another 2 at the other. Traded in a Witcher 2 at store #2 for $24 that I got for $10 at store #1 then did a return/rebuy for Kid Icarus so I could get the B2G1.

So it is possible, but I guess extremely YMMV as many people are reporting shortages or OOS at their respective Best Buys. Also, it helps that I was lucky enough to have the day off so I was there at store opening.

That's a lot of work and potential to get banned doing the buy-->trade immediately thing that has gotten some people banned.

#1259 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

That's a lot of work and potential to get banned doing the buy-->trade immediately thing that has gotten some people banned.

Yeah. I know as I was banned for 6 months but reinstated. One of the reps I talked to said that it throws a flag when you purchase a game and trade it in within 30 days.
I'm testing out a work around that seems to be working so far but too early to tell. I got a second Reward Zone account that I can access, but it's not linked to me or my Unlocked acct. In theory it shouldn't show up on their system as someone else purchased it and I did the trade in.

Oh and to contribute to this thread....
I have no new updates.

#1260 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

The clerk didn't apply the extra 30% for accessories when I went in today. I think I messed him up because I was trading in a game at the same time and had him split the credit between 2 (eligible) games. Is there an email to contact GS about this? I only see a fill-in form on GS's website.

Do you still get an extra 30% for accessories or is that promotion over?
Posted Image