Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1321 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Battlefield 3 PS3 $10 Base.

Prototype 2 Xbox360 $16 base.

#1322 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Left 4 Dead got me 12 base today. Seems it was 14 the last few weeks.

#1323 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Lets not make this a trend people. Base prices. Take the extra min please to divide by 1.5 or 1.6 before reporting.

Just take the

Bonus: x.xx PowerUp Card 10%

line and shift the numbers one decimal point to the left.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1324 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Im not taking the time to do it. If someone is interested they can easily figure it out. Sorry. Im posting what is on the receipt.

#1325 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Lets not make this a trend people. Base prices. Take the extra min please to divide by 1.5 or 1.6 before reporting.

Even easier is to take the 10% PUR bonus and multiply by 10. (Hint: Add a zero to the end and shift the decimal point)

Edit: DAMNIT! I didn't scroll down to see I got beat. Well played, Logain. Well played.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1326 247

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Too much math?

#1327 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Couldn't you just take the bonus promo price, double that, and get the base of the game?

#1328 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just take the

Bonus: x.xx PowerUp Card 10%

line and shift the numbers one decimal point to the left.

Even easier is to take the 10% PUR bonus and multiply by 10. (Hint: Add a zero to the end and shift the decimal point)

Edit: DAMNIT! I didn't scroll down to see I got beat. Well played, Logain. Well played.

Yes but I was taking into account that some people do not have PUR. That is why it would be 1.5 for non-PUR members and 1.6 for PUR. But you are both right. That is the way I do it from my receipt, just shift the decimal on the PUR discount.
Posted Image

#1329 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Couldn't you just take the bonus promo price, double that, and get the base of the game?

Yes that works also...in fact that is easier since it covers both PUR and non-PUR members.

Im not taking the time to do it. If someone is interested they can easily figure it out. Sorry. Im posting what is on the receipt.

It is mostly to help make JP's job easier but if you want to be like that then fine. You must be so much fun to work with.

#1330 shuffleair

shuffleair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Interesting, seeing that you can buy Dot Game Heroes for $10 brand new =P

Yeah, I was surprised as well. Got $6.40 for it after trading it in with the 50% bonus and the 10% PUR.

#1331 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

anyone have a recent base tiv for killzone 2? it used to be under a dollar but i hope the price creeped up since then.

#1332 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

With that attitude don't even post at all.

#1333 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

With that attitude don't even post at all.

Seriously, save yourself some more time and don't post at all. Your "help" isn't wanted. Guy's been a member since 2005 and doesn't know how to post in this thread. Classic.

#1334 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Witcher 2 (360) - 13
NHL 12 (360) - 8

Last was NHL 11 (360), I didn't quite catch the post PUR amount for it before deciding to take it to BB, but I'm 99% sure it is $5 give our take $0.50. (post was 8.xx or something)

#1335 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

At the risk of piling on; (I'm also taking the time to include puncuation), I'll add that at Atlanta area Gamestops base values are actually printed on the receipt. Each item will have the base value and bonus promotion(s) for that item listed and be clearly labled as such. This makes it very easy to see exactly what amount was issued for each item.

Google image search provides a nice example here: http://cdn.dualshock...box-Receipt.jpg
I only have used locations in Georgia and Michigan, and only received receipts in this format. I guess some stores don't use it though?

Edited by chuckie88, 06 September 2012 - 09:27 PM.
Added image link

-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1336 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

lmao, the base prices are on the receipt. Too much reading obv

#1337 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Bonus 50% still going on? Site only mentions the 25% for trading in 4.

Thinking of trading in Ultimate Marvel on Vita. Hope that TIV has held.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1338 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Actually, not. You have the total trade for the item, and a line for each bonus.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1339 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

So if I trade in a Wii Console what does it need?

Console
A/V Cables
Wiimote
AC Cable
Sensor bar

Do I need a nunchuk also? Never traded in a system before.

#1340 247

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

So if I trade in a Wii Console what does it need?

Console
A/V Cables
Wiimote
AC Cable
Sensor bar

Do I need a nunchuk also? Never traded in a system before.

Yes, it's in the op.

#1341 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Yes, it's in the op.

Sorry. I missed the FAQ spoiler tag. :dunce:

Thanks!

Another question. The Wii motion plus for $7 is just the small cube adapter that goes on the end of the Wiimote? I am trading this for my sister and I really do not know a lot about the accessories for the Wii.

#1342 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Bonus 50% still going on? Site only mentions the 25% for trading in 4.

Thinking of trading in Ultimate Marvel on Vita. Hope that TIV has held.

50% going 'til 9/9/12. http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins

#1343 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Actually, not. You have the total trade for the item, and a line for each bonus.

Actually yes, at least where I live base values are listed on receipts. Unless specific stores use a completely different format, I simply do not understand how these receipts are difficult to understand. In the only format I have encountered, I find their receipts easy to comprehend. Each item's trade value and any associated bonus additions are clearly shown.

Here's the example that Jack_Frost was responding to from a few posts up. If one takes the time to read it, it does indeed list base trade values. It has three examples and illustrates three different items. http://cdn.dualshock...box-Receipt.jpg

• The total trade value is listed on the right side following the item's name in print, under the item's name are individual lines.
  • The first line under an item lists it by some sort of inventory number followed by its base trade value.
  • If the item has a serial number it is listed on the second line under the item.
  • If the item qualifies for a promotional bonus that will be listed as the third line under the item.
  • The bonus from an Edge card comes on the last line under an item and will always be labeled as such.
  • When all of the lines under an item are added up the sum will be the item's total trade value.
That's it, that's all there is to it.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1344 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

^ You said the magic words "...at least where I live..." Base values are never shown on receipts where I live when a bonus is applied.

#1345 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

1. Find TOTAL promo percent, ie If 50% and PUR do 50% + 10% PUR = 60%
2. Take total promo percent, divide by 100, ie 60/100= .6
3. Add 1 to the previous number, ie 1+.6= 1.6
4. Take total amount with promo and divide by number obtained from step 2 to get base value, ie xx.xx/1.6=Base

#1346 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

9-6-12

:360: Pure $.50
:360: Lego Rock Band $1
:360: Tiger Woods 09 $1
:360: Modern Warfare 3 $13

#1347 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

For the people complaining about the guys not posting base value

DO THE MATH YOUR SELF IT TAKES 10 SECS

WANT EVERYTHING DONE FOR YOU

#1348 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

For the people complaining about the guys not posting base value

DO THE MATH YOUR SELF IT TAKES 10 SECS

WANT EVERYTHING DONE FOR YOU

That is not the point, but thanks for making it something it never was.

#1349 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Actually yes, at least where I live base values are listed on receipts. Unless specific stores use a completely different format, I simply do not understand how these receipts are difficult to understand. In the only format I have encountered, I find their receipts easy to comprehend. Each item's trade value and any associated bonus additions are clearly shown.

Here's the example that Jack_Frost was responding to from a few posts up. If one takes the time to read it, it does indeed list base trade values. It has three examples and illustrates three different items. http://cdn.dualshock...box-Receipt.jpg

• The total trade value is listed on the right side following the item's name in print, under the item's name are individual lines.
  • The first line under an item lists it by some sort of inventory number followed by its base trade value.
  • If the item has a serial number it is listed on the second line under the item.
  • If the item qualifies for a promotional bonus that will be listed as the third line under the item.
  • The bonus from an Edge card comes on the last line under an item and will always be labeled as such.
  • When all of the lines under an item are added up the sum will be the item's total trade value.
That's it, that's all there is to it.

^ You said the magic words "...at least where I live..." Base values are never shown on receipts where I live when a bonus is applied.

Exactly. The base value on receipt is a regional thing. As I stated, mine DO NOT have them listed:

Posted Image

#1350 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

Mine don't show base, nor do I care what the base is. I posted everything I traded in today. I would be happy to delete my post. Jesus. If you guys want to add it to the main post fine take the time and do the math. I gave you the values I got after after trade in. Want me to look up your nearest gamestop for you also? Quit complaining and just take the values for what they are worth. Pretty sure you can figure out the base value if you really care to, because I don't.

My receipt is exactly like the one above.