Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1351 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Yes please delete your post. The OP clearly asks you to post base values. This is not for everyone else or because we are lazy. It is for the OP to maintain the values in an accurate fashion in the fastest way possible. If people want to be "rebels" and act all aggro when challenged I prefer you just not post. I would assume you are not very fun to be around.

#1352 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

That is not the point, but thanks for making it something it never was.

That kind of is the point. You just got updated as of this morning for 15 games, some of which were from the Best Buy sale and all you can do (not you specifically) is bitch about them not being base values? Really?

Not fun to be around? Because I don't post base values? Ha.

#1353 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

That kind of is the point. You just got updated as of this morning for 15 games, some of which were from the Best Buy sale and all you can do (not you specifically) is bitch about them not being base values? Really?

You are not getting the point. In fact, if it was so easy like the other poster said then your are either lazy or an asshole for not doing it for the thread yourself. But keep being all confrontational when 90% of the people on this thread can follow the rules stated for the thread.

#1354 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Alright everyone knock off the base bitching. I do prefer base values as it is easier but I typically take ones that aren't base and do them last. Put em in a specially setup excel spreadsheet that typically nails them, by adjusting the formula based on the current promo.\

This is not directed at the receipt discussion guys, that is an oddity I've noticed at GameStops. The ones in Indy look similar to sp00ge's pic, the ones in Owensboro seem to have the base listed.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1355 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Dude, PUR is %10, to get base just put a zero at the end of ur pur bonus. Its a trick from elementary school days. Any ways amazon sent back my game b/c it expired after being in processing it for 4 days.

9/6/2012

PS3
Sims 3 pets $7

#1356 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

Sorry. I missed the FAQ spoiler tag. :dunce:

Thanks!

Another question. The Wii motion plus for $7 is just the small cube adapter that goes on the end of the Wiimote? I am trading this for my sister and I really do not know a lot about the accessories for the Wii.

Yes

#1357 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

9/6/12
Witcher 2 @$13

PS3
Starhawk @ $11
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition @ $14
Twisted Metal @ $13
Soul Calibur V @ $11

#1358 linkbear

linkbear

Too Cool For School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Has anyone traded in Grand theft auto iv complete edition? I noticed grand theft auto iv value + gta episodes value was more than the value for the complete edition. Maybe someone has already tried this?

#1359 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

How do I % again? And what's a fraction?

Also, chips are tasty. Paint chips.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- FFX-2 HD Remaster download code (Vita): $12!

#1360 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Interesting about the receipt format being a regional thing. Thanks for putting that pic up sp00ge, I didn't catch that you meant where you live and took it as a blanket statement. I honestly thought it might look different but it seems to be the same except for the missing base value.

As I posted, I have only seen them from Michigan (East and West L.P.) and the Atlanta area. I am curious as to why they use different formats though. Perhaps there is some kind of legal reason, maybe specific areas have laws concerning printed records for used item reselling or something?

Silly thing to wonder about I know but if anyone knows why this is I honestly would like to know. All I know for sure is that Jack_Frost and I get receipts with base values printed and klimb22, sp00ge, and JP (in Indy) do not. Oh and that we're all fun to be around!;)

P.S. - JP: As always, thanks for keeping the thread updated...but a dedicated spreadsheet! Please consider this a slow clap in the vein of when Rudy rejoins practice in the film of the same name.:applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1361 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

Has anyone traded in Grand theft auto iv complete edition? I noticed grand theft auto iv value + gta episodes value was more than the value for the complete edition. Maybe someone has already tried this?

If you're talking about 360 yes trade them in as disk only so you get credit for 2 $10 or so base games instead of just 1.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1362 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Exactly. The base value on receipt is a regional thing. As I stated, mine DO NOT have them listed:

Posted Image

Spooge's receipt is how it shows up in Missouri also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1363 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Anyone know the base value of Witcher 2, lollipop chainsaw, and prototype 2?

Do you know how to look at the first page?

#1364 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Do you know how to look at the first page?

whats that?

#1365 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Base TIV is what the OP wanted because PROMO's come and go and not everyone is a PUR Pro member. Simple as that. It also makes it easier for the OP to update the TIV's, just do it for the OP not for anyone else.
Posted Image

#1366 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Does GameStop get mad if you trade in two copies of the same game?

By "mad," if you mean "not allow," then in most cases, yes. Stick to 1 at a time, per console. People have been banned. And please, don't trade them in sealed.

#1367 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Also, can I trade in game to one GameStop and trade in another copy of the same game to another GameStop right after without risking getting banned?

I've done that lots of times and have never had any problems.

#1368 Butatoy2008

Butatoy2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

witcher 2 (ee) still 18?

#1369 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Exactly. The base value on receipt is a regional thing. As I stated, mine DO NOT have them listed:

my receipt in OC also looks like this. But its not hard to figure out.

Oh god I just realized my last trade still didn't get the correct %.

- I traded games and two controllers
- preordered a game
- The 30% power trade took effect on everything
- went back in and asked him to fix it.
- instead of redoing the entire trade he just gave me a discount on a game I bought. He returned that game and then sold it to me at the discount.

Problem is he only added 10% instead of 20%. Holy shit its not hard man. 50%-30% is what kids...Yes! 20%. Good job.

So now I gotta go back and get the other 10%. Man why didn't I catch this when I was there. I guess I wanted to just leave after waiting 20 minutes for him to finish checking out the entire line.

Also I saw another post about being denied the 30% on a trade. Online it says its valid on ANY trade, including accessories. So tell them to just scan the damn preorder so the system can do it automatically. If it doesn't work, bitch at them until they figure it out.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1370 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

wow, didnt know gamestop receipts are ymmv also when showing base values ha

#1371 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Last question before I go to bed. I'm renewing up for PUR tomorrow and was wondering if I get the b2g1 coupon for renewing or not and if so, do I get it right when I renew?

its tied to your account online. you have to print it off. it takes probably a day atleast to show up. usually the same time any purchase you make shows up on your account online.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1372 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

is kinect star wars still getting $16 base?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1373 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Plan on trading in some controllers next week while best buy has the DS3 on sale. Do they check them very thoroughly/at all? The one I want to trade in looks fine but the left button on the d pad doesn't work.

#1374 donkeed157

donkeed157

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Vita - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $ 12
Vita - Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition - $ 12

#1375 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

witcher 2 (ee) still 18?

It was down to $17 when I traded it a couple days ago...depending on how many they've taken in it might have dropped another buck or two.

#1376 grecianfox

grecianfox

Ambulance Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Witcher 2 was $13 yesterday.

Kid Icarus (3DS) was $11.

#1377 emokid9963

emokid9963

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Quick question. Should I keep my Power Up Pro or just go to Best Buy and get their Gamers Club Unlocked? I feel like I don't spend any money at GameStop anymore. I'm just not sure.

#1378 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Vita - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $ 12
Vita - Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition - $ 12

damn Marvel dropped. ah well still worth trading in for $18-$19.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1379 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

9/7

:360: Spiderman Shattered Dimensions $11
:360: Spiderman Web of Shadows $12
:360: Witcher 2 $13

#1380 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Is that for the enhanced edition or vanilla?

There is no vanilla. EE's the 360 release, so named because it has more content than the initial PC release.