Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1501 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

:ds: Scribblenauts - $3.50
:360: Black Ops - $12
:360: Hunted Demon's Forge - $4.50
:360: Toy Story 3 - $6
:360: Lego Batman - $5
:360: Far Cry 2 - $2
:360: YDK Jack - $4

#1502 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

9/9/12 (PHONE QUOTES)

360:
De Blob 2 - 2.00 (or 2.50, I forget)
Fifa 12 - 12.00

Wii:
Black Eyed Peas Experience - 4.00

#1503 cheapgamer 23

cheapgamer 23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Just traded in my backup Xbox 360 Arcade(white) for about $71 with the 30% hardware bonus(guy behind the counter didn't know about it and I showed him the back of the flyer that was right next to him). Got another $5.50 each for the crappy headset and chatpad as well. $82 in gamestop credit for a backup console I bought for $85 about a year and a half ago. Awesome.

Is that the orignal headset that came with the arcade at release?

#1504 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

9/8/12
KoF XIII (PS3): $10

I traded it in yesterday and got $15 with the 50% bonus.
Posted Image

#1505 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Traded in my Ipod Touch 16gb with the broken headphone jack, I got $71.00 for before bonuses even through the website listed $84.00. The very hot girl behind the counter said she listed it in very-good condition and thats why it got knocked down. I was going to keep it but she kept pushing her boobs together in her very low cut shirt and now I dont remember what happened. All I know is my copy of NHL 13 is paid off and after the 30% bonus I got like $84.00 more dollars added to my PUR Card.

Do Ipod trade-ins get the extra 10% added for the PUR Card or are they treated like a hardware trade-in with no 10% bonus from the card?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1506 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Treated like hardware, no extra bump from PUR Pro.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1507 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Treated like hardware, no extra bump from PUR Pro.

Ok thanks I figured but the boobies confused me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1508 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

I normally don't complain about Gamestop but I went through hell today just to get a 3DS XL upgrade. A lot happened and I was there for a LONG time arguing but here is the short version:

First of all the girl was trying to tell me that I couldn't play my old DS games on the 3DS. Then she was telling me that the trade in value for a DS Lite was $2.00.

I told her that the website says there is a promo where you get $40 for it if you put it towards a 3DS XL. She kept insisting that there's no way a DS Lite would be $40 because it is old and that she had never heard of such promo. After arguing for a while she decided to ask another one of the employees who claimed that the promo ended a long time ago.

Finally a girl who I assume is the manager comes in and says "What are you doing? You rang up the DS Lite Adapter.. that's why it says $2" The girl at the register still insisted that I was wrong and reluctantly scanned the DS Lite properly and voila! $40!

I hate the fact that these people don't know the promos going on in their own stores and would rather argue with you all night than simply look it up.

This all occurred after they spent a long time fighting amongst each other over a missing 3DS XL. (I asked for a blue and they couldn't find it) Despite the fact that I told them I was okay with the red one, they gave me an attitude as if I was DEMANDING a blue one. Boy, I can't wait to send in this feedback...

So I guess my TIV contribution is: DS Lite Adapter: $2 :D
Posted Image

#1509 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

9/9/12

360:
Black Eyed Peas Experience - 5.00
Halo Reach - 13.00
Left 4 Dead - 12.00
NBA 2K12 - 11.00
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - 6.00

PS3:
Prototype - 10.00

#1510 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

From 9/8/2012
PS3:
Little Big Planet 2: Special Edition - $8
Dead Space - $4.50

Xbox 360:
Batman: Arkham City - $13
Spoiler

Resident Evil 5 (Gold Edition) - $6
Spoiler

Dead Space - $6
Left 4 Dead (standard edition) - $12

...the very hot girl behind the counter said she listed it in very-good condition and thats why it got knocked down. I was going to keep it but she kept pushing her boobs together in her very low cut shirt and now I dont remember what happened...

Imagine how many pre-orders she must get just by doing that to some of the male customers while they are being rung up. Even if they don't keep the pre-ordrers, I doubt they'd cancel them on her. Definitely sexist, but she could probably talk some men into pre-ordering the worst game, or games, while doing that.

Lonely nerds being distracted by breasts with their spendable money or credit in hand...just seems like a bad situation.

I guess I should be glad that the GameStop I go to always has unkempt-looking guys there.

#1511 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I normally don't complain about Gamestop but I went through hell today just to get a 3DS XL upgrade. A lot happened and I was there for a LONG time arguing but here is the short version:

First of all the girl was trying to tell me that I couldn't play my old DS games on the 3DS. Then she was telling me that the trade in value for a DS Lite was $2.00.

I told her that the website says there is a promo where you get $40 for it if you put it towards a 3DS XL. She kept insisting that there's no way a DS Lite would be $40 because it is old and that she had never heard of such promo. After arguing for a while she decided to ask another one of the employees who claimed that the promo ended a long time ago.

Finally a girl who I assume is the manager comes in and says "What are you doing? You rang up the DS Lite Adapter.. that's why it says $2" The girl at the register still insisted that I was wrong and reluctantly scanned the DS Lite properly and voila! $40!

I hate the fact that these people don't know the promos going on in their own stores and would rather argue with you all night than simply look it up.

This all occurred after they spent a long time fighting amongst each other over a missing 3DS XL. (I asked for a blue and they couldn't find it) Despite the fact that I told them I was okay with the red one, they gave me an attitude as if I was DEMANDING a blue one. Boy, I can't wait to send in this feedback...

Oooohhh, i would have had a lot more fun with that situation than you did haha.... I love Gamestop employees.
Posted Image

#1512 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

9/9:

:360: Mass Effect - $10

Got $16 total after buying it for $7.99 from BBY (PMing BBY.com's price and paid for using a GC) and bought a PS Vita Portable Charger for ~$16 (using a GC and GS credit) after applying the credit from ME, so it's like I paid a little over $20 for a charger that goes for upwards of $45-$50 on Amazon. Good day. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1513 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

I tried to trade in an Xbox 360 controller and place a preorder for Tekken and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U for the extra 30%, but the system wouldn't allow it. Does anyone know what's going on? The ads and marketing material in the store had the same exact details as the one posted in the OP except it explicitly stated that you could trade in only games and not accessories or hardware.

#1514 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

:3ds: kid icarus- 10
kingdom hearts 3d- 14
:360: max payne 3- 17

#1515 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Imagine how many pre-orders she must get just by doing that to some of the male customers while they are being rung up. Even if they don't keep the pre-ordrers, I doubt they'd cancel them on her. Definitely sexist, but she could probably talk some men into pre-ordering the worst game, or games, while doing that.

Lonely nerds being distracted by breasts with their spendable money or credit in hand...just seems like a bad situation.

I guess I should be glad that the GameStop I go to always has unkempt-looking guys there.

The last time I was in one of my local stores the chick behind the counter was so fucking cute she could have sold me back the games I just traded in.

#1516 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

I tried to trade in an Xbox 360 controller and place a preorder for Tekken and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U for the extra 30%, but the system wouldn't allow it. Does anyone know what's going on? The ads and marketing material in the store had the same exact details as the one posted in the OP except it explicitly stated that you could trade in only games and not accessories or hardware.

Neither of my stores knew about it other than just games, but they were super cool and nice about it. One guy tried to be like it's just games, but I pulled it up on my phone and all three of them were like, "Well, your completely right." I was trading in an iphone btw. It took them forever to finally get it through, in the end the manager or lead that was there just credited me the difference I think, but in the end I got what I was supposed to get.

Like I said, the guy that was waiting on me was really cool, they could have all easily denied it and just been like, "It's only on game trades!"

I never do the surveys hardly but I'm going to this time to leave them good feedback

#1517 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1518 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

09/09/12

:360: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution $10
:wii: Wii Motion Plus Dongle $7.50
Posted Image

#1519 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Call the district manager to complain. He or she should help make it right.

#1520 chazPalm

chazPalm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

09/09/12 Base TIV
Xbox 360:
Prototype - $10
CoD black ops - $12
Wii:
Rhythm Heaven Fever - $8

Edited by chazPalm, 10 September 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#1521 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Mass Effect -$10
PS3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY - $10PS3: LA Noire Complete Edition - $10
Zelda Twilight Princess - $7
3DS: Splinter Cell - $3

Trying to rack up credit to get the new iPhone in a couple of weeks so just took the credit and put it towards more games to take back to Best Buy. At least no money went out of pocket.

#1522 Acquiesc3

Acquiesc3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

9/9/12 Base TIV

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) - $10
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360) - $12
Dirt 3 (PS3) - $9
Posted Image

#1523 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Fuck, my lazy ass didn't want to go trade in some games and now I'm just finding out today was the last day of the 50% bonus.:cry:

#1524 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

It was a nice run...I'm tired of going to gamestop.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#1525 PimpBot2000

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Base values 9/9:

:ps3:
Grand Theft Auto IV $8.00
Borderlands $8.00
Resident Evil 5 $6.00
Saints Row 2 $6.00

:360:
Left 4 Dead $12.00
Left 4 Dead 2 $14.00
Halo Reach $13.00
Mass Effect $10.00

#1526 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Fuck, my lazy ass didn't want to go trade in some games and now I'm just finding out today was the last day of the 50% bonus.:cry:

Yep same here. Hopefully it gets extended a few more days

WakaBrea.png

#1527 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

Yep same here. Hopefully it gets extended a few more days

Looks like it is gone. All there is on the website is the 25% for 4 or more games and 30% power trade towards select pre-orders.

#1528 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Good now i dont have to rush through Syndicate to trade it in lol.

#1529 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

iPhone 3G 8gb AT&T: $60

Went to a different store today and had a much better experience.
Posted Image

#1530 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

so is the 50% promo extended?

WakaBrea.png