Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1621 AFriendlyGamer

AFriendlyGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

For those of looking to purchase a Wii U, here is Gamestop's new trade-in promo.

Save up to $140 when you trade select systems toward a new Wii U system.
PowerUp Rewards members save and additional $10

$90 when you trade any Original model Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system
$115 when you trade any Original model PS3 or Slim model Xbox 360 system
$140 when you trade any Slim model PS3
$50 when you trade any Wii system
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Full trade amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new Wii U system. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Offer valid 9/13/12 through 9/23/12.

#1622 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Only through 9-23? They are really trying to cash in on early trades lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1623 NeverGrewUp

NeverGrewUp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

has anyone gotten in trouble (bans, etc) for doing the preorder promo too many times.

What i have done is pre order and pay off whatever is soonest available when im trading in. since i dont need trade in credit right away ill usually come and pick up the game when it comes out, and go to another gamestop within 7 days and return it and either put it on my card or buy something i want. Ive had clerks tell me that it hurts them if i cancel the preorder but doesnt count towards anything when it is a return.

#1624 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

What i have done is pre order and pay off whatever is soonest available when im trading in. since i dont need trade in credit right away ill usually come and pick up the game when it comes out, and go to another gamestop within 7 days and return it and either put it on my card or buy something i want. Ive had clerks tell me that it hurts them if i cancel the preorder but doesnt count towards anything when it is a return.

I might do this then from now on. A little more work but no angry GS power trippers to worry about. Although that preorder is a free gift to the employee in the first place since they never sold me anything, I was always going to preorder from the moment I walked in. it was just his lucky day.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1625 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

What happens if I never cancel the preorder but just let it go. Will it eventually cancel itself or will I always have that preorder?

You will always have the pre-order. Depending on how long you leave it, the game may be removed from their system, but the fact that you had $5 (or whatever) down on something will still be there. You can go in and ask to move it to something else. I did that back before Dead Space 2 came out. I had a pre-order from who knows how long ago and moved that $5 over to DS2.

#1626 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Alright well i guess I'll just leave my preorder and return the game on release.

Planning on trading 3 DS3 and a wireless 360 controller. Should come out to about $156ish - the preorder.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1627 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

What happens if I never cancel the preorder but just let it go. Will it eventually cancel itself or will I always have that preorder?

The deposit just sits as a credit on your account. I just found out about and cancelled a pre order for RAGE a couple weeks ago!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#1628 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Why is everyone having issues with this?

For the love of god show them this on your phone or print it out.
http://www.gamestop....0-trade-credit/

Its starting to piss me off how many people are getting denied this when its so plainly spelled out by gamestop themselves. Go back and get tour 30%, thats $9, dinner if you want.

ANY ITEMS! F U Gamestop, honor your own promotions.

He wouldn't have any of it. He even had his own sheet that specifically stated GAMES. Believe me, I tried.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1629 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

He wouldn't have any of it. He even had his own sheet that specifically stated GAMES. Believe me, I tried.

That doesn't matter, if you can I would talk to a manager or someone higher up. That is pretty bad for an employee to not honor a valid promo, especially when it automatically applies it if he scanned the right preorder barcode. Last time I just showed the manager the webpage and he said "Oh, you're right." scanned the barcode and magic, automatic 30%. Anyone remember what the promo ID was? I dont have my receipt on me. Maybe that will help people out. The one the stores have is probably a different promo and they dont realize there are two 30% ones going on I guess.

What game were you preordering? Was it one of those listed?

I'm going to do this again today and a new GS since its near where I'm going.

planning on 2 x DS3, 1 x sixaxis, 1 x wireless 360 controller.

Thank god I found the battery holder thing that came with it, last time I traded in my phat 360 for the slim upgrade promo, they wouldn't let me trade it in without the battery holder. I had to go home and find it then come back. The wouldn't accept the wireless battery instead. The person their said they sell those separately and cant sell the wireless controller without the battery holder.

Anyways should come out to about 147.

I still cant believe they haven't dropped the TIV on these. A brand new DS3 can be had for $40 on amazon and at best buy and they give $42 after promo. A new 360 controller costs as low as $35 and they give $31.5 for that.

Use it while it lasts I guess.

#1630 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Damn, GameStop raised the price back up on ghost recon.. I had no idea that it was a sale proce

What? I thought it was a price drop too. Crap, was planning on getting a PS3 copy and Spec Ops.

#1631 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

That doesn't matter, if you can I would talk to a manager or someone higher up. That is pretty bad for an employee to not honor a valid promo, especially when it automatically applies it if he scanned the right preorder barcode. Last time I just showed the manager the webpage and he said "Oh, you're right." scanned the barcode and magic, automatic 30%. Anyone remember what the promo ID was? I dont have my receipt on me. Maybe that will help people out. The one the stores have is probably a different promo and they dont realize there are two 30% ones going on I guess.

What game were you preordering? Was it one of those listed?

I told him that it specifically stated any items and watched him scan every barcode he had to no avail. I was watching him like a hawk, so I know he didn't try to play me. I'm pretty cool with the guys there, especially the manager, but I don't feel like making a huge fuss about it. Yeah, I got jipped, but I'll get over it.

I was preordering Borderlands 2, FWIW.

#1632 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Base and both for the PS3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $7.50
Sly Cooper Collection $ 11.00

#1633 BMN90

BMN90

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

DualShock3: $25

#1634 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

DualShock3: $25

and boom goes the dynamite.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1635 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

For some reason when I try to print the Power Trade page on GS it won't show the part where it says the bonus includes hardware, accessories, ipod...etc. It shows the games valid for pre-order. Any suggestions?

#1636 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

For some reason when I try to print the Power Trade page on GS it won't show the part where it says the bonus includes hardware, accessories, ipod...etc. It shows the games valid for pre-order. Any suggestions?

Get a screen cap and print that. I had the same issue.

#1637 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Get a screen cap and print that. I had the same issue.

Thanks!

#1638 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1639 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

:ps3: Sixaxis - $18

Now I need to see if I can find my other Sixaxis to trade in tomorrow...

#1640 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Took a few minutes but they found the right code for me.

9/13

:360:Halo CE Anniversary $10
:ps3: Sixaxis $18
:360: Wireless Controller $22.50

#1641 247

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

Didn't know they didn't take opened controllers.

Wii sports $5

#1642 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

I noticed that a store nearly have tekken tag 2 used in stock. Would that be 54.99 or $47.99 as the website say?

#1643 kalel603

kalel603

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

I don't know why the other poster said he got $25 for the DualShock3.

9/13

:ps3: DualShock3 $30

#1644 io

io

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

I really wanted to take one of my older DS3s in but couldn't find the right one this morning. I should have just grabbed one anyway.

So for the WiiU promo, you think I can trade in a 3DS and get the $100 and just apply it to my already existing WiiU preorder? I would love to use this opportunity to upgrade my 3DS to an XL. I'd buy the XL, transfer stuff at home, and then take the 3DS in for trade on the Wii U - I get the same deal as the XL trade-up one but without the hassle of maybe not being able to transfer stuff.

#1645 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Traded in today, below are the base values:
Xbox 360
Network N Adapter Wireless - 32.00
Play & Charge Kit - 8.00
External HD 120GB - 11.25
Bioshock - 3.50
Tales of Vesperia - 13.00
Catherine - 11.00
Universal Ethernet Cable - 0.25
Xbox 360 w/wireless controller - 55.00

PS3
Disgaea 3 - 7.50

Pretty happy overall with the current WiiU trade in bonus on systems, ended up with $235 for an old 360, 4 games, and a couple accessories.

edit - OP mentions that a disc was required for the adapter. I had no disc and didn't have any problems trading it in,

Edited by Midboss, 14 September 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#1646 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Wonder how many people are going to talk themselves into a Wii U and end up dumping a system like the 360 or PS3 that more or less gives you the same experience.

#1647 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

I didn't even have to think twice about trading in my 360, since the games I bought were multiplats and I just ended up buying them on my PS3 instead. I actually hadn't even plugged in my xbox since I last moved a year and a half ago. Heck, I only had 3 games for the thing.

I will say I am not sure if I want to actually get a WiiU or not, but nothing stopping me from getting a good trade in now and just canceling the pre-order later depending on what I decide.

#1648 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

You got $36 for the N adapter? Man that is much higher than the OP. I am strongly considering trading in my 360, and I never thought about getting a WiiU but it is tempting.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1649 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

I'm actually debating on trading in my xbox slim...
$125 for it isn't bad.
It's not as good as the $150 promo a few months back.
I'd have to sell off the slim hd and kinect accessories individually though because the TIV base on those are kind of blah.

#1650 bokiloki

bokiloki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Does trading in a system for the wii u stack up with the 30% hardware bonus that is being offered right now. Got an old xbox 360 that I have been meaning to upgrade for awhile. Trading it in for 90 bucks plus the 30% hardware trade bonus would be a sweet deal. Will that work or should I just call to make sure???

edit* nevermind, just read the terms, says offer cannot be combined with any other offer.