Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1651 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Woops! put in the wrong value on the adapter, was actually 32.00. Still a lot more than the last recorded value.
All of the accessories I had ended up being worth about twice as much as the OP. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up getting almost $45 after bonuses on the adapter too.

#1652 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

They don't stack...it would have been sweet if they did but nope.

#1653 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

Does trading in a system for the wii u stack up with the 30% hardware bonus that is being offered right now. Got an old xbox 360 that I have been meaning to upgrade for awhile. Trading it in for 90 bucks plus the 30% hardware trade bonus would be a sweet deal. Will that work or should I just call to make sure???

Nah, it doesn't stack. The only thing that does is a flat bonus of $10 if you are a PUR member.

#1654 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Woops! put in the wrong value on the adapter, was actually 32.00. Still a lot more than the last recorded value.
All of the accessories I had ended up being worth about twice as much as the OP. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up getting almost $45 after bonuses on the adapter too.

What bonus was applied to the adapter? Is there a trade in deal on accessories?

CBrownsT10.png

#1655 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Traded in today. All :360: Base
NBA 2K12- $11
Assassins Creed: Revelations- $9
Crackdown 2- $4
Rage- $5
Deus Ex- $5
Got $45.90 after 25% bonus & PUR

WakaBrea.png

#1656 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

What bonus was applied to the adapter? Is there a trade in deal on accessories?

10% PUR and 30% for pre-ordering a game from this promotion:
http://www.gamestop....0-trade-credit/

#1657 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

10% PUR and 30% for pre-ordering a game from this promotion:
http://www.gamestop....0-trade-credit/

ah sweet dude. Thanks. I think I may trade in my 360. I have been doing the math and I think I can almost cover the WiiU. Still trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger and if I want to trade in my Wii as well..

CBrownsT10.png

#1658 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

does gamestop require there to be a hard drive for ps3 slim? thinking about taking out my 160gb hard drive and using it for the wii u :)

#1659 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

does gamestop require there to be a hard drive for ps3 slim? thinking about taking out my 160gb hard drive and using it for the wii u :)

I assume you have something that converts it into a usb external drive?

#1660 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

9/12
Xbox 360
Left 4 Dead $12

#1661 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

I would assume so, aside from lying to them. I doubt they'd try to resell a 0gb Ps3.

#1662 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

I noticed that a store nearly have tekken tag 2 used in stock. Would that be 54.99 or $47.99 as the website say?

Should be $47.99 since it has an online pass & it's not published by Sony or WB (those get online passes on the receipt.)

#1663 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

I was told today that you can only trade in one PS3 controller per store per day.

I said so what, I have to preorder 3 games to trade in all three with the 30%.

he said no, just come tomorrow and they can see you made the preorder and we'll give you the 30%. Then you can go to a nearby GS and trade the other controller and get 30% as well since we can see on your PUR than you preordered. This was near closing so I couldn't do it that night.

That seems weird to me, I had no problems trading in two controllers before. He also said he'd let me just out $5 down, but I want to get Borderands 2 anyways for the preoder bonus so I just put all of my tiv on it.

Guess I have to go tomorrow and trade in a DS3 to one store and a Sixaxis to another and hope his story wasn't BS about not having to preorder again. I got his name so I'll personally tell his manager to cancel my preorder I made with him and tell him why I did so.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1664 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

I was told today that you can only trade in one PS3 controller per store per day.

he said no, just come tomorrow and they can see you made the preorder and we'll give you the 30%. Then you can go to a nearby GS and trade the other controller and get 30% as well since we can see on your PUR than you preordered. This was near closing so I couldn't do it that night.

That seems weird to me, I had no problems trading in two controllers before. He also said he'd let me just out $5 down, but I want to get Borderands 2 anyways for the preoder bonus so I just put all of my tiv on it.

Guess I have to go tomorrow and trade in a DS3 to one store and a Sixaxis to another and hope his story wasn't BS about not having to preorder again. I got his name so I'll personally tell his manager to cancel my preorder I made with him and tell him why I did so.

Damn this sucks. Might have to stop procrastinating and start trading these controllers in. I can see them changing the promo/ dropping the value real soon.

#1665 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

I traded in 2 PS3 controllers, 2 old Wii controllers and 2 360 wireless controllers at a single store tonight...put 5 on pikmin 3.

He had to scan the barcode in again after I signed for it and then it seemed to work no problem.

Also traded in earlier today with the 50% pur coupon(had to preorder something else ugh; I did notice I got the bonus before he added a pre order on).

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 13
Witcher 2 - 13
Left 4 Dead - 12
Need For Speed Most Wanted - 14
Civilizatoin Revolution - 10
Spider Man Web of Shadows - 11
Blitz II - 9
Mass Effect - 10

PS3
Fight Night Champion - 8

#1666 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

he said no, just come tomorrow and they can see you made the preorder and we'll give you the 30%. Then you can go to a nearby GS and trade the other controller and get 30% as well since we can see on your PUR than you preordered.

I'm not sure that last part is true. When they bring up your PUR account, they can only see preorders made at that particular store. I'm pretty sure they can see purchases made at other stores but not preorder deposits.

#1667 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

If I trade in Mass Effect 3 collectors edition, is the trade in just going to be the same as the normal edition?

CBrownsT10.png

#1668 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

9/13/12

Xbox 360

Grand Slam Tennis 2- $9.72(base value)
COD: MW3- $13(base value)
Rock Band 3 (game only)- $6(base value)

PS3

Battlefield 3- $10(base value)
Skate 3- $6 (base value)
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1669 loc0bob

loc0bob

Lurking Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

If I trade in Mass Effect 3 collectors edition, is the trade in just going to be the same as the normal edition?

Yep same exact. That's why u keep all the extra goodies before trading in.

#1670 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Only GotY/Ultimate versions with extra content on the disk get more credit, that's why they're listed seperately in the OP (Fallout, Borderlands, Dragon Age, etc.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1671 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Base prices as of 9/09

:ps3:
Sly Collection - $11
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $13
Fallout 3 GOTY - $7
GTAIV GOTY - $10

#1672 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I didn't even have to think twice about trading in my 360, since the games I bought were multiplats and I just ended up buying them on my PS3 instead. I actually hadn't even plugged in my xbox since I last moved a year and a half ago. Heck, I only had 3 games for the thing.

I will say I am not sure if I want to actually get a WiiU or not, but nothing stopping me from getting a good trade in now and just canceling the pre-order later depending on what I decide.

I'm thinking about trading in my 360, but I have no interest in the wii u, cancelling the preorder later wont affect my credit it any way would it? I wouldn't think they would even track it but I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure.

#1673 drasticfyre

drasticfyre

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Anybody know if the PUR 50% Trade In will stack on top of the 30% when trading towards a preorder to be 80% Tiv?

#1674 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

it won't.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1675 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Anybody know if I can stack an unemployment check, social security, disability, and my paycheck for a quad stack?
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#1676 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Can I stack best buy's 100% with this?

#1677 drasticfyre

drasticfyre

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

LOL You guys!!! It says additional thats why i was wondering.

#1678 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Just traded in a few more things today.

:ps3:
Sixaxis - $18
DualShock3 - $30
HDMI cable - $4

She had me apply the total to two pre-orders, one of which I don't want. Do I have to wait until the game releases to cancel? Or can I cancel the pre-order tomorrow and still get the 30% bonus trade amount?

#1679 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Anybody know if I can stack an unemployment check, social security, disability, and my paycheck for a quad stack?

try it out and let me know how it goes.

Auen1.png?7125

#1680 davisdj

davisdj

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

:applause:
NO. SS & disability cannot be stacked together!!!

:lol:

Check out my trade list please.

Join Bing Rewards, earn free rewards & I'll earn some as well. Thanks.