Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#1681 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

What do I need if I want to trade in my Wii?

#1682 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

You have to go to Switzerland for that operation. ;)

#1683 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

So DualShock 3's are still $30!

#1684 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Vita traded in for a base of $13 yesterday, 9/13.
Posted Image

#1685 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

This is very YMMV, but I was in a GS in Puerto Rico and I saw that the EA cards are $5 off, or $15 for a $20 card. Hopefully this deal is available elsewhere because GS PR is generally pretty good about following US deals.

Workin on it

#1686 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I don't know the answer of the top of my head, but I would assume you can find the answer to your question in 1 of the first few posts on the first page of this thread. check behind the spoilers

#1687 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Where are you guys getting the controllers? Am I missing a sale somewhere?

#1688 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

craigslist, most of us have also built up a nice war chest of them from flipping consoles, deals, etc.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1689 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Where are you guys getting the controllers? Am I missing a sale somewhere?

I dont think people are really flipping but rather are just getting rid of extra/older controllers for good money since BBY/Target/AMZN has had sales on them for $40-45 new lately and we might see them as low as $35 before X-mas

#1690 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Anybody know if I can stack an unemployment check, social security, disability, and my paycheck for a quad stack?

:applause:

NO. SS & disability cannot be stacked together!!!

:applause:
I do believe however that you can actually stack Social Security OR Disability with Unemployment, just not both.
Of course, Paycheck stacks with anything for the automatic bump but I'm sure you already knew that.:rofl:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1691 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

You can actually get more money with SS and SSI (type of disability) though.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#1692 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey I am not sure if people reported this but the 30% Power Trade that works on accessories, hardware and ipod stuff is Promo #13626. Hopefully that can help some of you having problems with GS employess giving you a hard time. Also, according to the website that promo is good till 12/16/12

#1693 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

If gs is stopping taking preorders on wii u does that mean no more bonus system trade in promo can be applied to your wii u preorder?

#1694 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

went to a gamestop that rejected one of my wireless 360 remotes because the joystick rubber was knicked, 1 cm piece was missing tops. So I just went to the one across the street, 0.05 miles away and they accepted both, paid full amount toward nsmb wii u, then the employee moved the rest of the credit went towards wii u pre-order. Out of pocket was 21.99 for the 32 gig bundle. I am wondering now if they will charge me tax for the mario game. When I asked the employee about it he repeated twice, its "completely paid off." I'm sure he can't possibly be right but im just trying to see what other peoples experiences were...

#1695 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

^If you've paid the full amount using your store credit, then you've paid the full amount. It's over and done with. They can't tack on charges for a completed transaction that is paid off in full regardless of it was tax free or not. In some places, using store credit for an entire purchase will secure the purchase without tax. It's that way in Georgia which serves as an added perk to using store credit.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1696 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

oh, ok thanks for the quick response

#1697 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but the extra 25% for trading four games appears to be active. Got it whilst trading towards existing preorders and getting my Neo Geo X Gold deposit down.

Bases for 9/14, all :360:

Singularity - $2
Dirt Showdown - $16
Max Payne 3 - $17
Persona 4 Arena - $18

#1698 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

All for :360: on 9/14

Mass Effect - $10
Mass Effect 2 - $5
Witcher 2 - $13
Gears of War Triple Pack - $6
Gears of War 3 - $7.50
Kinect Adventures - $0.02
Nier - $2.50
Lost Odyssey - $3
Tales of Vesperia - $13

External 120GB HD - $11.25
External 20GB HD - $3.75
Network N Adapter (No disc needed) - $32
Rechargeable Battery Pack - $1.50
Play & Charge Kit - $4
360 wireless controller - $22.50

I think I came out okay. With promos I ended up trading the 360 and games/accessories for about $325. The employee let me just put $5 down on NSMB wiiU and get the 30% bonus. Also when I got in there they told me they were going to stop taking preorders for the 32GB wiiU within the hour so I was pretty lucky. Ended up paying off the wiiU and $5 on Mario. Pretty excited. I had no plans on getting the new Wii but I have a couple months to do some research and make sure it is what I want. I mostly play PS3 these days so the 360 was collecting dust anyways.

CBrownsT10.png

#1699 cheapgamer 23

cheapgamer 23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

does anyone how much i can get for the Xbox 360 headset that came with the first run xboxs?

#1700 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Thinking about trading in my os3 slim towards my wii u preorder. Anyone doing the same?

#1701 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Do they accept the Band Hero bundle for 360?

#1702 MunkyPepper

MunkyPepper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but the extra 25% for trading four games appears to be active. Got it whilst trading towards existing preorders and getting my Neo Geo X Gold deposit down.

Bases for 9/14, all :360:

Singularity - $2
Dirt Showdown - $16
Max Payne 3 - $17
Persona 4 Arena - $18

Does it have to be 4 for the same system or can I combine? and does it stack with the 30% towards pre-orders?

#1703 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Does it have to be 4 for the same system or can I combine? and does it stack with the 30% towards pre-orders?

Doesnt stack, whichever is higher. And it doesnt need to be the same system.

Do they accept the Band Hero bundle for 360?

Just the game, not the guitar/drums.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1704 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

man, i went in there today to try and get the $60 for my wii towards preordering the wii u, and they were only going to give me $25 because there was a missing piece that covers the gamecube controller ports. i told them to sod off. the damn thing works just fine, they'll just try to screw people any way they can.

Auen1.png?7125

#1705 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

man, i went in there today to try and get the $60 for my wii towards preordering the wii u, and they were only going to give me $25 because there was a missing piece that covers the gamecube controller ports. i told them to sod off. the damn thing works just fine, they'll just try to screw people any way they can.

Dude, would you buy a working used car without the hood or trunk lid? I am last personto defend GS but why wouldthey honor their promo if your product look like shyte.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#1706 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hey I am not sure if people reported this but the 30% Power Trade that works on accessories, hardware and ipod stuff is Promo #13626. Hopefully that can help some of you having problems with GS employess giving you a hard time. Also, according to the website that promo is good till 12/16/12

Yep. Got $101.40 ($78 base) for 8GB 4th Gen iPod Touch putting $5 down on NSMB U.

If gs is stopping taking preorders on wii u does that mean no more bonus system trade in promo can be applied to your wii u preorder?

Good question. Guess you can't put it toward a pre-order you can't do. I did the $25 pre-order on the Deluxe, but also want to trade-in my extra PS3 for $150. I asked if I already have a pre-order if I could get the hardware deal later (since the promo runs until 9/23). He said if need be he'll just cancel the first pre-order and make a new one to get it to apply.

Any GS employees want to chime in here?

#1707 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Good question. Guess you can't put it toward a pre-order you can't do. I did the $25 pre-order on the Deluxe, but also want to trade-in my extra PS3 for $150. I asked if I already have a pre-order if I could get the hardware deal later (since the promo runs until 9/23). He said if need be he'll just cancel the first pre-order and make a new one to get it to apply.

Any GS employees want to chime in here?

Those promos are weird sometimes. It could do one of 3 things:

• Add it automatically
  • Require a coupon code from our marketing book
  • Require the correct item to be added for the promotion to activate.

Just be careful about cancelling a pre-order since we've already taken out the WiiU Deluxe pre-order.

#1708 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

that sucks. i am missing that piece too. i have no idea what happened to it.

i didnt think that piece would matter.

#1709 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

Those promos are weird sometimes. It could do one of 3 things:

• Add it automatically
  • Require a coupon code from our marketing book
  • Require the correct item to be added for the promotion to activate.

Just be careful about cancelling a pre-order since we've already taken out the WiiU Deluxe pre-order.

So there's really no clear answer, huh?

#1710 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

So there's really no clear answer, huh?

Usually hardware bonuses are automatic. But like I said if it requires a coupon code, they need to scan the marketing book. If it specifies that you need to pre-order to activate, then you'd lose out since you already have it and might require manager override (if possible). So it's possible YMMV.