Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#2041 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Anyone trade in a ds/ds lite without a charger? I lost my charger and want to trade it in, but I was just wondering how much they'd deduct. If they took $10 off I might trade it for the $30, dunno.

#2042 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

I know this is asking to much does anyone have a clue whats the next trade in promo?

#2043 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Has anybody traded in their iPhone 4/4s? If so, a brief sentence on what they do to verify "working condition" (look up phone serial etc.) and general trade in process description would be much appreciated.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2044 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Has anybody traded in their iPhone 4/4s? If so, a brief sentence on what they do to verify "working condition" (look up phone serial etc.) and general trade in process description would be much appreciated.

Watched someone trade in a 4 last night while I was pilfering their cheap ps2 games. From what I saw and overheard the employee just turned on the phone and made sure it worked and was far more concerned about cosmetic flaws than looking up a serial. However they were busy at the time and like trading in anything at GS it's gonna be highly YMMV as to who checks what and enforces which policies.

Good luck. I considered trading mine in with the current promo but I think I'm gonna sell to a friend.

#2045 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Base TIV 9/26 All :ps3:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 13.00
Call of Duty: Black Ops - 13.00
WWE Smack Down vs. Raw 2011 - 6.00
Ferrari Challenge - 1.50

#2046 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

When I traded mine in last month, they turned it on and went to settings to verify the capacity, checked for flaws and sent me on my merry way. Pretty painless.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2047 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

When I traded mine in last month, they turned it on and went to settings to verify the capacity, checked for flaws and sent me on my merry way. Pretty painless.

My phone trade in was pretty rigorous. They checked all of the buttons, camera, speakerphone, and did a solid once over for physical defects.

#2048 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

My phone trade in was pretty rigorous. They checked all of the buttons, camera, speakerphone, and did a solid once over for physical defects.

Really depends on the employee. My iPhone trade in took less than 2 minutes. She swiped it open, looked at it, then clicked on settings to check the serial number.

#2049 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Much appreciated guys.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2050 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

I traded my iPod toward a tablet a while ago and she charged me a refurb fee for the scratch she made ripping it out of the case.

#2051 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

I think it's time to unload my accumulating stack of PS2 consoles. Is the promo for both fat and slim?

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2052 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Really depends on the employee. My iPhone trade in took less than 2 minutes. She swiped it open, looked at it, then clicked on settings to check the serial number.

Yeah I traded a touch and a 30gb video and I know that both reps gave me a higher grade than they should have because they know me. It would probably be a good idea to trade those items to some one you know, who knows you and has a good rapport with.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#2053 zaorocks

zaorocks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Base TIV for a 360 controller was $24.75 yesterday

#2054 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

I think it's time to unload my accumulating stack of PS2 consoles. Is the promo for both fat and slim?

I thought last time fats were $10 less. I have 6 or 7 lying around. How much are we looking at for each one?

#2055 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Anyone trade in PSP games lately? I've got a shit-ton just sitting here (drive broke in the PSP and it never gets used) and would love to at least get "some" credit for them, but if it's like Best Buy's $.25 a piece they can go pound sand ...

#2056 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

I thought last time fats were $10 less. I have 6 or 7 lying around. How much are we looking at for each one?

$30 for any PS2

Edit - that's according to the GameStop email I received "$30 in-store credit on any PlayStation 2 model."

#2057 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Before anybody freaks out, I know the values on the PS2 games suck, but for $30 on the console I was willing to move on and just be happy. Plus I really wanted to get the 30% bonus without pre-orders and stuff.

:ps2:
Call of Duty: World at War Front Lines - 2.25 (who'd have thunk)
Final Fantasy X - 5.00
Final Fantasy X-2 - 0.75
Final Fantasy XII - 0.75
Ratchet and Clank - 0.75
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando - 0.75
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 1.00
Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked - 0.20
Dragon Quest VIII - 1.50
GTA III - 0.40
GTA Vice City - 0.75
Viewtiful Joe - 0.25
Viewtiful Joe 2 - 0.25
24 The Game - 0.10

:360:
Mass Effect - 10.00
Mass Effect 2 - 5.00
Mass Effect 3 - 5.00

#2058 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

$30 for any PS2

Edit - that's according to the GameStop email I received "$30 in-store credit on any PlayStation 2 model."

Nice! Time to dig out the cables and controllers and get them cleaned up tonight!

#2059 ItalianWeapons

ItalianWeapons

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hey guys, since you guys are the trade-in masters, I need some input.

Im trying to get rid of some things I dont really use and I have an Ipod Touch 8GB 2nd Gen. However, there are some problems with my ITouch. First, it has a large amount of scratches on the back from usage over the past three years. My mom also dropped it a year ago and there is now a dent that is on the power button. It still turns on and off, but sometimes it takes a couple of times pressing the button. How much will the refurb fee be? How much do you think I will get with the 30% trade in bonus ? I might be able to get the scratches off though. Thanks for reading this and helping me out.

#2060 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Base TIV for a 360 controller was $24.75 yesterday

Unless you're not PUR Pro, it's still $22.50

#2061 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Do I have to be a PUR member to trade my 3DS in for $90? I haven't re-subscribed to it for a while.

I got racks up in my pocket racks up in my pocket

I got thots all in my phone callin me bitch stop it

1400 for this belt this aint no damn versace

and I smokin on this dope while I been gettin money

50s 100s 20s oh my goodness

I need my money machine to count this shit for me

#2062 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hey guys, since you guys are the trade-in masters, I need some input.

Im trying to get rid of some things I dont really use and I have an Ipod Touch 8GB 2nd Gen. However, there are some problems with my ITouch. First, it has a large amount of scratches on the back from usage over the past three years. My mom also dropped it a year ago and there is now a dent that is on the power button. It still turns on and off, but sometimes it takes a couple of times pressing the button. How much will the refurb fee be? How much do you think I will get with the 30% trade in bonus ? I might be able to get the scratches off though. Thanks for reading this and helping me out.

This is what I'm wondering. Mine has a lot of little scratches and nicks on the back and a few scratches on the screen. Other then that it works perfectly.

I'm still not sure if I want to upgrade to a new iPod touch later this year

#2063 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Darkness II - $5 base

Traded on 9/27/12
Xbox360

#2064 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

I just got an e-mail for a +50% game trade-in promotion at a select store. If I'm not mistaken, hasn't this usually ended up indicating a universal trade-in promotion, or something about stores being located near a Best Buy? (The store indicated in the E-mail I believe is not far from a Best Buy.)

#2065 io

io

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'm still considering the PS3 swap (phat system for the new super-slim bundle). But I still have to deal with my son's locked saves. I can pay $18 to get him 3 months of PS+ (which seems like a total waste since I only need it for a few days). OR, I could just buy the new bundle tomorrow when it is available, do the Ethernet swap at home, then just trade in the old system for $125 instead of the $135 I'd get with the trade-in promo. So that costs me $10 in credit, but gives me the flexibility of doing the transfer first.

I could ask if they will give me the trade-in boost anyway when I go back to do the trade (since I'd come back the next day to do the trade). But they wouldn't accomodate me on the Wii U power trade deal - said I had to redo the preorder when trading and that wouldn't have worked since the Deluxe (which I preordered the first day) were sold out at that point. I remember back in the day managers had the power to override things and get stuff done for the customer - I wouldn't have hesitated to ask for the deal with this one manager (who has long since moved on from GS). That doesn't seem to be the case any more - oh well...

I suppose one way they may be able to accomodate me is to return my purchases system the next day, then resell it to me with the trade-in. That seems ridiculous but that is probably the only way to make it work without an override.

From what I understand, they won't even have the super-slim till tomorrow, right? So there are only 3 days of overlap between the deal and when they actually have the system. I'm not 100% sold on the slide top on the new system though - that is also making me think twice about it.

#2066 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I just got an e-mail for a +50% game trade-in promotion at a select store. If I'm not mistaken, hasn't this usually ended up indicating a universal trade-in promotion, or something about stores being located near a Best Buy? (The store indicated in the E-mail I believe is not far from a Best Buy.)

Yeah I got the same e-mail. Not bad there is also this promo. trade 2 get $40. Some games on that list have potential.

http://www.gamestop..../special-trades

Makes me wish I save a few games from earlier this week with both of these.
Posted Image

#2067 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yeah I got the same e-mail. Not bad there is also this promo. trade 2 get $40. Some games on that list have potential.

http://www.gamestop..../special-trades

Makes me wish I save a few games from earlier this week with both of these.

yea some arent bad but some are truly LOL worthy.....DOA 5? TT2? borderlands 2? those should at least on their own merit 30-33 though probably not bad with some other game on the list as im sure some of those fetch 4 dollars on their own.

#2068 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

yea some arent bad but some are truly LOL worthy.....DOA 5? TT2? borderlands 2? those should at least on their own merit 30-33 though probably not bad with some other game on the list as im sure some of those fetch 4 dollars on their own.

Gamestop being the overly generous company that they are, they will take metroid prime trilogy over your hands for $20 in store credit!

#2069 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Gamestop being the overly generous company that they are, they will take metroid prime trilogy over your hands for $20 in store credit!

budokai tenchai 3 is also LOL worthy that one is going for a lot on amazon

http://www.amazon.co...kai tenkaichi 3

#2070 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yeah I when I said a "few" I meant it :) Otherwise it is crap.