Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#2071 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

budokai tenchai 3 is also LOL worthy that one is going for a lot on amazon

http://www.amazon.co...kai tenkaichi 3

Hell, just a year or so ago, DBZ:BT3 was going for a lot more than it is now, even. I discovered a few for $20 at a Wally World around that time, and was shocked at what they went for. New copies were $120+, and used ones were going for around $50!

#2072 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

yea some arent bad but some are truly LOL worthy.....DOA 5? TT2? borderlands 2? those should at least on their own merit 30-33 though probably not bad with some other game on the list as im sure some of those fetch 4 dollars on their own.

Borderlands 2 fetches $40 alone at BBY. I'm sure the others do about the same.
Posted Image

#2073 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Do I have to be a PUR member to trade my 3DS in for $90? I haven't re-subscribed to it for a while.

anyone?

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#2074 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

9/28
PS3
Max Payne 3 $15

#2075 247

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

anyone?

Yea but you don't need to be a Pro member just regular power up which is free. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

#2076 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

So I want to trade in my Wii, but the problem is my wiimotes have the rechargable battery pack things on them, and I don't have the original battery covers

Will they still take it or do I need to find a battery cover?

#2077 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

how much do you usually get for hdmi cables?

Auen1.png?7125

#2078 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

So I want to trade in my Wii, but the problem is my wiimotes have the rechargable battery pack things on them, and I don't have the original battery covers

i traded mine in like that. didn't have a problem.

Auen1.png?7125

#2079 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

how much do you usually get for hdmi cables?

$4 base, regardless of length.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2080 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm still considering the PS3 swap (phat system for the new super-slim bundle). But I still have to deal with my son's locked saves. I can pay $18 to get him 3 months of PS+ (which seems like a total waste since I only need it for a few days). OR, I could just buy the new bundle tomorrow when it is available, do the Ethernet swap at home, then just trade in the old system for $125 instead of the $135 I'd get with the trade-in promo. So that costs me $10 in credit, but gives me the flexibility of doing the transfer first.

I could ask if they will give me the trade-in boost anyway when I go back to do the trade (since I'd come back the next day to do the trade). But they wouldn't accomodate me on the Wii U power trade deal - said I had to redo the preorder when trading and that wouldn't have worked since the Deluxe (which I preordered the first day) were sold out at that point. I remember back in the day managers had the power to override things and get stuff done for the customer - I wouldn't have hesitated to ask for the deal with this one manager (who has long since moved on from GS). That doesn't seem to be the case any more - oh well...

I suppose one way they may be able to accomodate me is to return my purchases system the next day, then resell it to me with the trade-in. That seems ridiculous but that is probably the only way to make it work without an override.

From what I understand, they won't even have the super-slim till tomorrow, right? So there are only 3 days of overlap between the deal and when they actually have the system. I'm not 100% sold on the slide top on the new system though - that is also making me think twice about it.

Go to walmart, buy any PS3, do the Ethernet swap. Sell yours to Gamestop, get the other PS3 model, take it home, do the swap again (Gamestop PS3 with walmart PS3, which should have had your old saves already), return the walmart PS3 to Walmart = well done. If you don't ever buy at Walmart, I must say that they are very generous when giving your money back, so you won't have a problem with it. However, they only offer a 15 days return process (I think) If you do all this before 15 days then you should be fine, cheers!

Ashlee.

#2081 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

$4 base, regardless of length.

hmmm. not bad. not great.

Auen1.png?7125

#2082 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Go to walmart, buy any PS3, do the Ethernet swap. Sell yours to Gamestop, get the other PS3 model, take it home, do the swap again (Gamestop PS3 with walmart PS3, which should have had your old saves already), return the walmart PS3 to Walmart = well done. If you don't ever buy at Walmart, I must say that they are very generous when giving your money back, so you won't have a problem with it. However, they only offer a 15 days return process (I think) If you do all this before 15 days then you should be fine, cheers!

Ashlee.

wouldn't it be easier to do this:

go to gamestop; buy the new super slim.

go home; do the transfer.

go back to gamestop, trade in your old ps3 towards the purchase of a super slim.

wait a couple of days, then cancel it. 8-)

Auen1.png?7125

#2083 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

9/28, base values on the PS Vita:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $12
Gravity Rush - $12

#2084 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

While someone already answered, this will depend entirely on the person taking in your trade-in. Some employees are particular, and others don't give a Fuck.

#2085 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2086 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

9/28, base values on the PS Vita:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $12
Gravity Rush - $12

i would have paid more than that #-o

Auen1.png?7125

#2087 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Dualshock 3 dropped

9/28 TIV:
PS3 Dualshock 3 - $27.50

#2088 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

If you haven't traded in your old console yet, now is the time to do it!

Now it says at Gamestop.com that there is an extra 30% trade in amount for trading in any console! That means that if I waited 2 more days I was going to recive about $40 more!?... ugh ): I'm so dumb. If I take my PS3 fat trade in receipt from two days ago would it help? anyone could tell me?

Thanks,

Ashlee.

#2089 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ashlee.

This is spectacularly wasteful...That returned PS3 will have to be trucked back to a returns center, examined, repackage and then reshipped somewhere else to be sold as refurbished. And you are proposing taking the time and gasoline to make two round trips to a walmart plus going through a 2nd transfer process all for the sake of $10 of bonus GS credit....Talk about false economy.

Here's the easiest solution....lo, PM me and I'll send you the free 30 day trail code for PS+ that came with my recent PS3...I'm never again going to give Sony my Credit card info (which is required to activate the trail) so it is of no use to me.

#2090 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Dualshock 3 dropped

9/28 TIV:
PS3 Dualshock 3 - $27.50

noooooo!!

i was planning on getting a new controller and trading in my old one. this is going to kill my profit margin :headache:

Auen1.png?7125

#2091 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

noooooo!!

i was planning on getting a new controller and trading in my old one. this is going to kill my profit margin :headache:

same here, lol. i was planning to trade in my old controller to pay for the new metallic gold ps3 controller

#2092 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

noooooo!!

i believe that the 30% trade bump (with preorder) doesn't work anymore for controllers or accessories anymore. someone correct me if i'm wrong but we tried the other day and they changed the wording in the marketing book and it only applies to games traded in.

#2093 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

If you haven't traded in your old console yet, now is the time to do it!

Now it says at Gamestop.com that there is an extra 30% trade in amount for trading in any console! That means that if I waited 2 more days I was going to recive about $40 more!?... ugh ): I'm so dumb. If I take my PS3 fat trade in receipt from two days ago would it help? anyone could tell me?

Thanks,

Ashlee.

well unfortunently i have several saves on the wii that are locked and unmovable so i am stuck with it.

#2094 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Traded (PS3):
Dragon's Dogma: $17

#2095 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

i believe that the 30% trade bump (with preorder) doesn't work anymore for controllers or accessories anymore. someone correct me if i'm wrong but we tried the other day and they changed the wording in the marketing book and it only applies to games traded in.

Still works. I used it today with the DS3 and got $38.50 towards Dishonored for it. Guy said the book only said games, but when I said the website said any item, he tried scanning it and it worked. The language might be different, but the bonus will still apply if scanned.

#2096 io

io

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

wouldn't it be easier to do this:

go to gamestop; buy the new super slim.

go home; do the transfer.

go back to gamestop, trade in your old ps3 towards the purchase of a super slim.

wait a couple of days, then cancel it. 8-)

Well, it's all a moot point anyway because none of the GS stores around me have gotten the super-slim yet. At my local store they said they might get them Tuesday. Yeah, that works out great with the $10 extra trade-in promo (on top of the $125) that ends Sunday Gamestop :roll:. (The $10 extra apparently goes until 10/7, but the $125 ends Sunday and the promo definitely makes it look like you would get $125 + $10).

I'm going to call some other stores and see if they got them in today. He said if they received them today they might not have checked them in and his store stock check wouldn't show them yet.

My plan was to buy the super-slim, go home and do the transfer, and then see if they'd be willing to return/repurchase the super-slim with my trade-in and if not just take the $125 for the old system. But I can't even do that now. The guy said there was no way he could do the trade-in promo in advance either as it is all "auto entered" with the trade-in/purchase. But obviously I can't buy the super-slim first and trade in the one later if they don't get the super-slim till after the guaranteed $125 value ends.

I did notice the 30% extra trade-in value promo on flyers in the store - that was running before the current promo and extends afterwards. It isn't anything new. I would assume it is either the 30% extra or the "guaranteed" value in the promo. You wouldn't have gotten them to stack, anyway, Ashlee. And the base value off which the 30% applies is surely much lower than $125.

For example, the last price for my model (160GB non-PS2 compatible fat system) says it trades for $70 (but the quote is from way back in March). If that value is close to current that would only get me $91 instead of $125 and in that case it isn't worth upgrading. I should have asked for a current value when I was in there this evening.

Edited by io, 29 September 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#2097 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

I have a non working white 360. I wonder how much I would get for it, now that they take them.

#2098 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

I did notice the 30% extra trade-in value promo on flyers in the store - that was running before the current promo and extends afterwards. It isn't anything new. I would assume it is either the 30% extra or the "guaranteed" value in the promo. You wouldn't have gotten them to stack, anyway, Ashlee. And the base value off which the 30% applies is surely much lower than $125.

I called them before you post this and they said that yes, they would give me maximum $125, then I told them the website says it is offering 30% more, and she was like let me check, then she said no, it is still $125. Thanks for the answer though ;)

This is spectacularly wasteful...That returned PS3 will have to be trucked back to a returns center, examined, repackage and then reshipped somewhere else to be sold as refurbished. And you are proposing taking the time and gasoline to make two round trips to a walmart plus going through a 2nd transfer process all for the sake of $10 of bonus GS credit....Talk about false economy.

Here's the easiest solution....lo, PM me and I'll send you the free 30 day trail code for PS+ that came with my recent PS3...I'm never again going to give Sony my Credit card info (which is required to activate the trail) so it is of no use to me.

I'm sorry, just trying to help, take avantage of his offer io! :bouncy:

Cheers! :bouncy:

#2099 io

io

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

I called them before you post this and they said that yes, they would give me maximum $125, then I told them the website says it is offering 30% more, and she was like let me check, then she said no, it is still $125. Thanks for the answer though ;)

I'm sorry, just trying to help, take avantage of his offer io! :bouncy:

Cheers! :bouncy:

Yep, see you got the better promo ($125). The 30% would be off a much lower value and thus you got the better deal automatically.

I missed that offer - I had asked yesterday if anyone had one to spare and got no response so I kind of gave up on that avenue - but yeah, I'll send a PM now. I am hesitant about the credit card usage, too, though as this is just going on my son's account. I assume you can cancel it before the charge though.

#2100 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

9/28

:360: Mass Effect $10