Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#2371 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

is there a deal going on for a ps3 right now? i'm thinking about trading in my 360 elite.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#2372 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I acually found a used darksiders in my area !! Im gonna get that copy asap lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2373 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

is there a deal going on for a ps3 right now? i'm thinking about trading in my 360 elite.

I wanted to upgrade my PS3 to a new superslim but according to GS there's none in my state. Could be their inventory system is screwed because I'm having a tough time finding anything at all om stock in my state.

#2374 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I wanted to upgrade my PS3 to a new superslim but according to GS there's none in my state. Could be their inventory system is screwed because I'm having a tough time finding anything at all om stock in my state.

Yeah the same thing happened to me but there should be some. Call your GS.
Posted Image

#2375 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yeah the same thing happened to me but there should be some. Call your GS.

That's what I plan on doing - they don't open until 11 on Sunday. That gives me time to format an old external drive to Fat32 so I can backup my current PS3 with it.

#2376 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

is the original xbox 360 non slim really now worth 110 after the bonus?

#2377 nbalive2005

nbalive2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hello i have question regarding PS3s.

I have a ps3 60 GB that still works, i want to do $180 gamestop trade in but the problem is that i bought a lot of games and rock band songs on my PS3 through a gamesharing account that was suspended because a 6th person came in. The games and songs remained but i read that if i move my hard drive to a new PS3, i will have to reactivate the account on the new PS3 to retain my data.

Since the account is suspended would i still be able to do it?

Could anybody tell me how to get a new PS3 while still retaining my purchased RB songs and PSN games?

#2378 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Cool, it is the website that's screwed up, they have the new superslims in stock.

#2379 Butatoy2008

Butatoy2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hello i have question regarding PS3s.

I have a ps3 60 GB that still works, i want to do $180 gamestop trade in but the problem is that i bought a lot of games and rock band songs on my PS3 through a gamesharing account that was suspended because a 6th person came in. The games and songs remained but i read that if i move my hard drive to a new PS3, i will have to reactivate the account on the new PS3 to retain my data.

Since the account is suspended would i still be able to do it?

Could anybody tell me how to get a new PS3 while still retaining my purchased RB songs and PSN games?

you cant! you have to buy it again.

#2380 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Not going to start this argument again, but I don't see why more people don't get a PUR Pro membership. Do you ever see people in GS doing big transactions for which the $15 fee would pay for itself plus some if they signed up? I'm tempted sometimes to offer my membership so they can save. I'd get the points, but hey...pay it forward.

I was there last night at a 'b2g1 all preowned' store. The guy had 5 games and I told him it is b2g1 (since the GS employee didn't) and he goes. I'm good with 5. :dunce:

One time I was in line during the holiday season and these moms were buying like 10 used games and without hesitation asked if they could use my card for the discount. I was like...well sure and asked how they knew I had one and they said I looked like a gamer. Not sure if that's good or bad but I'll take free points anytime.

Haha they thought you looked like a geek. ;)

#2381 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Its a new different promotion

https://www.powerupr...YcjLTuhOYUwyA==

Last night I decided to put in a last minute B2G1 PO at BB (store pick up) for Halo Reach, Halo Combat Evol. Aniv., and Borderlands. < a $20 flip, but I was just moving credit back to GS to put on the WiiU. I pick up the games at BB this morning, drive across the street to GS, go to unwrap the games and see that Halo Combat Evol. Aniv. and Borderlands are new copies and not pre-owned. Oops. I hope some one at BB doesn't lose their job other that. Anyways, the Borderlands they gave me was the GOTY edition which did not apply to this promo, but had a TIV of $15 so I made out $0.50 better.

:360:
Borderlands GOTY - $15
Halo Reach - $17
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - $13

#2382 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I acually found a used darksiders in my area !! Im gonna get that copy asap lol

Going to the Bronx for that is some very dedicated flipping.

#2383 Sweet Lou01

Sweet Lou01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

3ds=100 after the promo

#2384 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

0 stores in 200 miles with Darksiders lol.

#2385 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

0 stores in 200 miles with Darksiders lol.

Yeah I traded my personal copy...I will pick it up again when things die down.
Posted Image

#2386 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

So, traded in borderlands, darksiders, mass effect 3, skyrim, and dead space 2 with an old 360 for over 200. Got marvel ultimate alliance gold, and a few other games plus still have over 100 leftover for my Zoe le.

#2387 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Last night I decided to put in a last minute B2G1 PO at BB (store pick up) for Halo Reach, Halo Combat Evol. Aniv., and Borderlands. < a $20 flip, but I was just moving credit back to GS to put on the WiiU. I pick up the games at BB this morning, drive across the street to GS, go to unwrap the games and see that Halo Combat Evol. Aniv. and Borderlands are new copies and not pre-owned. Oops. I hope some one at BB doesn't lose their job other that. Anyways, the Borderlands they gave me was the GOTY edition which did not apply to this promo, but had a TIV of $15 so I made out $0.50 better.

Borderlands GOTY - $15
Halo Reach - $17
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - $13

do you have to apply the trade in to preorders, or anything?

#2388 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sorry if it's been asked before, but what is the tiv of a xbox 360 modern warfare limited edition? And do I need to trade in the 320gb hard drive too? Thanks

#2389 albel005

albel005

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Gamestop 8/07

Mafia 2 (Xbox 360) $5

Little Big Planet Vita $20

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 $ 9

Disgaea 4 $11

#2390 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

$25 for SR3 isn't so bad, I could just pick it up again in the future cheaper if I wanted to play it again.

Why does Pokemon Diamond get so much more than Pearl?

because diamonds are more expensive than pearls

#2391 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Ohhh 12 for Dark Souls. Considering this since it's just $20 now with rumors of the new edition coming out.

no new edition coming out save ur copy.

#2392 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

do you have to apply the trade in to preorders, or anything?

Nope. You don't even have to ask for the promo. If the games are on the list it will automatically apply. https://www.powerupr...YcjLTuhOYUwyA==

Gamestop 8/07

Mafia 2 (Xbox 360) $5

Little Big Planet Vita $20

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 $ 9

Disgaea 4 $11

8/07? or 10/07? I guess if it's the former and the values in the OP are older than that date it may help.

#2393 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Nope. You don't even have to ask for the promo. If the games are on the list it will automatically apply. https://www.powerupr...YcjLTuhOYUwyA==

8/07? or 10/07? I guess if it's the former and the values in the OP are older than that date it may help.

thank you so much for your speedy reply

#2394 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Can anyone confirm if it's the GotY edition of Dead Island (:360:) that gets the 50% bonus since the base is $10? I'd call to ask, but stores in my area are closing for the day.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2395 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Can anyone confirm if it's the GotY edition of Dead Island (:360:) that gets the 50% bonus since the base is $10? I'd call to ask, but stores in my area are closing for the day.

I'd say vanilla. Only because they specify GOTY for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Dunno. I do know Borderlands GOTY did not apply, but I made out better since the TIV was $15.

#2396 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

I'd say vanilla. Only because they specify GOTY for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Dunno. I do know Borderlands GOTY did not apply, but I made out better since the TIV was $15.

I figured it'd be the vanilla edition at first, too, but its base is $8 as of 9/29 while the GotY fetches $10 as of 9/12; I think it's likelier that the GotY stayed at $10 rather than the vanilla rising by $2, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

#2397 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

I figured it'd be the vanilla edition at first, too, but its base is $8 as of 9/29 while the GotY fetches $10 as of 9/12; I think it's likelier that the GotY stayed at $10 rather than the vanilla rising by $2, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

Maybe a Central, Mountain or Pacific CAGer will help you out. Or pull a zip code from one of those zones, search GS.com and call one of the stores.

I see they had that big memorial service in your area today. Maybe it was good to stay off the roads out there today.

#2398 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Maybe a Central, Mountain or Pacific CAGer will help you out. Or pull a zip code from one of those zones, search GS.com and call one of the stores.

I see they had that big memorial service in your area today. Maybe it was good to stay off the roads out there today.

Well, that's weird--I called a West Hollywood GS and found out that both TIV's jumped:

10/7
Dead Island: $10
Dead Island GotY: $15

So it's the same situation as with Borderlands' vanilla and GotY editions, and I'll come out slightly ahead trading in the GotY. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

And thankfully, I didn't have far to travel today so I avoided most of the memorial traffic. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#2399 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

They likely are going up in value since a new Dead Island is coming out. Game Stop likes to jack up the prices on used games in a series before a new one comes out so makes sense that they want people to trade in so they have them.

#2400 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Well, that's weird--I called a West Hollywood GS and found out that both TIV's jumped:

10/7
Dead Island: $10
Dead Island GotY: $15

So it's the same situation as with Borderlands' vanilla and GotY editions, and I'll come out slightly ahead trading in the GotY. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

And thankfully, I didn't have far to travel today so I avoided most of the memorial traffic. ;)

The same happened for Borderlands vanilla and GOTY. Good for us.

As a veteran, I'm all for honoring fallen officers, firemen, soldiers, etc, but the way they totally shut down the road ways (all exits, all lanes of major highways during workdays) for the processions is a bit extreme.