Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#2431 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I want to trade in several Halo Reaches for my friends since I have the Pro membership. Do you know if they keep track of your trade-ins on the screen or if there is a limit like Best Buy (assuming if I trade the games in one at a time at different Gamestops)? Thanks.

You might be able to trade in two copies if you explain that you're doing it for your friends, but any more than that and it might look suspicious; technically GS doesn't allow more than one copy of a game to be traded in at one time (at least that's what I've been told and heard from others). I'd space out your trades across several days with no more than 1-2 copies at a time, depending on how many you mean by "several", and try to use different employees as often as you can.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2432 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I have 4 GS within 1 mile of each other...pretty much solves any issues with multiple copies.

#2433 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Is GameStop open today being Columbus Day or whatever? I think it's time to show some love for 'Murica by Pre-Ordering Assassins Creed 3 on the day no other than the one it was discovered. Gotta get rid of Sleeping Dogs fast since the MSRP's dropping like a rock.

Also, trade in-questions about the HDMI cable and Wired Headsets. By HDMI cable, can it just be any old HDMI cable or does it have to be xbox-branded or something? I have an old one that i can't use anymore with my computer and TV since I re-arranged my room and it's just sitting here now. also, I've got an old wired headset that just sitting around too, what do they look for on those when trading them in? Mine's missing the fuzzy end for the mic but that's it. Still works okay as far as I know.

Edited by Golden Lemonz, 08 October 2012 - 07:43 PM.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#2434 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

3ds=100 after the promo

WTF? I just got off the phone guy tells me normal TIV for 3DS is $70 with everything in box so after promo it's $140...im going to store now n I better get my $140!!! :hot:
Posted Image

#2435 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

You might be able to trade in two copies if you explain that you're doing it for your friends, but any more than that and it might look suspicious; technically GS doesn't allow more than one copy of a game to be traded in at one time (at least that's what I've been told and heard from others). I'd space out your trades across several days with no more than 1-2 copies at a time, depending on how many you mean by "several", and try to use different employees as often as you can.

I'm gonna do one by one at different stores so I guess I should be ok

#2436 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

WTF? I just got off the phone guy tells me normal TIV for 3DS is $70 with everything in box so after promo it's $140...im going to store now n I better get my $140!!! :hot:

Probably looked up the wrong one. Cause GS sells pre-owned 3DS systems for $139.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#2437 NeoRez

NeoRez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Does anyone know the value of a Ps2 trade-in after the double credit? I have a slim, and I'm not sure what else I would need to trade-in for it.

#2438 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Does anyone know the value of a Ps2 trade-in after the double credit? I have a slim, and I'm not sure what else I would need to trade-in for it.

$20 base, so $40 after the promo.

CBrownsT10.png

#2439 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

So that list of 40 games have higher trade in values and if you are a PUR pro member you get another 50% on top of those values?

For example, say I trade in deadspace 2 xbox, which is on that list for $12, I would get $19.20 total? ($12 * 50% = $18 * 10% = $19.20?)

#2440 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

The answer is correct but the math isn't it is 12*1.6=19.20 but the way you put it would show up as 19.80 haha

#2441 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

So that list of 40 games have higher trade in values and if you are a PUR pro member you get another 50% on top of those values?

For example, say I trade in deadspace 2 xbox, which is on that list for $12, I would get $19.20 total? ($12 * 50% = $18 * 10% = $19.20?)

The table alrdy shows the promo values for PUR members so theres no 50% on top of those values -- if you have PUR Pro then you get 10% extra based on the regular value

PUR members is regular price x 1.5 (which is alrdy shown on the table)
PUR Pro members is regular price x 1.6

Deadspace 2
Reg trade value = $8
PUR $8 x 1.5 = $12
PUR Pro $8 x 1.6 = $12.80

#2442 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

I guess the mods shut the 50% list thread down...weird considering they left the 100% hardware thread up...a little consistency would be nice.

Why would they shut down the thread? It is just a reposting of a deal being honored by GameStop. Am I missing something?

#2443 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Just a head's up for anyone thinking of trading in their Nintendo 3DS consoles. Gamestop gives $50 dollars base-value. I traded mine in today and I ended up getting $100 dollars total for it. I will take it considering I never play it anymore and I was able to recoup 2/3 of what I paid for it brand new. 8-)

#2444 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Why would they shut down the thread? It is just a reposting of a deal being honored by GameStop. Am I missing something?

Just speculating, but it may be that the offer was not to be advertised until Oct 12 (as seen in the URL) even though it's live now. Maybe GS sent a C&D or a GS employee asked nicely to have it removed.

#2445 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

I have 4 GS within 1 mile of each other...pretty much solves any issues with multiple copies.

I live 10 minutes from the Mall of America - there are two stores just in that mall alone :)
Posted Image

#2446 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Sucks that there aren't any Vita games on the list i haven't really touched my system or the games i got from b2g1 walmart. Would have been nice to trade them in.

#2447 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

There is a 30% bonus on I-devices right now if you're willing to put it towards a pre order or purchase of select games (pretty much all the big upcoming titles are on the list) On the gamestop website, where it lists the trade deals, there is a banner that says 30% power trade on any item towards the preorder of select games, and when you click it, the next page specifically states ipods, iphones and ipads. The manager at my local store was skeptical of it working on i-devices, but I showed him the webapage from my phone, and he scanned a bar code in a book and I got the extra 30% when trading in my Iphone. I got $221 store credit for a 32g Iphone 4, and put it towards the Halo 4 console bundle.

That's good to know. That'll knock the trade-in price of my old iPhone 3G up to over $60.
Posted Image

#2448 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

There is a 30% bonus on I-devices right now if you're willing to put it towards a pre order or purchase of select games (pretty much all the big upcoming titles are on the list) On the gamestop website, where it lists the trade deals, there is a banner that says 30% power trade on any item towards the preorder of select games, and when you click it, the next page specifically states ipods, iphones and ipads. The manager at my local store was skeptical of it working on i-devices, but I showed him the webapage from my phone, and he scanned a bar code in a book and I got the extra 30% when trading in my Iphone. I got $221 store credit for a 32g Iphone 4, and put it towards the Halo 4 console bundle.

Thanks for the info. Shame that I'm not too interested in any of the games that qualify for the 30% bump. I've got a Persona 4 Golden pre-order, but it's not included.

Plus I'm sure pre-ordering something you don't want and canceling it will get me a stern kick in the ass out of the store.

#2449 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Just speculating, but it may be that the offer was not to be advertised until Oct 12 (as seen in the URL) even though it's live now. Maybe GS sent a C&D or a GS employee asked nicely to have it removed.

Ok. Still weird considering the community posts ENTIRE video game ads for the upcoming week. But like you said, it may be that someone asked for it be removed.

#2450 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

I guess the mods shut the 50% list thread down...weird considering they left the 100% hardware thread up...a little consistency would be nice.

Right.:roll: That IS very ODD.

Maybe the TC will see to it that the 50% bonus on SELECT games is added to the heading and the link is added to the OP as this is a time sensitive bonus until Oct 14. Seeing as how that thread got so many responses so fast, it's obvious that some people miss this thread unless the heading is eye-catching enough. And, this is a TRADE IN DEAL.

No. The deal is going on now.

All that's needed is a PowerUp Rewards card.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2451 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

No. The deal is going on now.

All that's needed is a PowerUp Rewards card.

What? I said it was live, but maybe GS doesn't want anyone to know yet.

#2452 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

What? I said it was live, but maybe GS doesn't want anyone to know yet.

Oops! Sowwy! Lol. I think I forgot what I was supposed to type as a response. Rushing to do some things and having a blonde moment! Serenity now!!!!!!:whee:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2453 io

io

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Right.:roll: That IS very ODD.

Maybe the TC will see to it that the 50% bonus on SELECT games is added to the heading and the link is added to the OP as this is a time sensitive bonus until Oct 14. Seeing as how that thread got so many responses so fast, it's obvious that some people miss this thread unless the heading is eye-catching enough. And, this is a TRADE IN DEAL.

Uh, yeah, I didn't know about this myself until today. I'm digging through games to see what I have. Found a Pokemon Platinum in a drawer - that's going. I have HeartGold, too, but that is still worth more than GS is giving for it. Oh yeah, and I have Left 4 Dead 2... I even found a Mortal Kimbat vs DC Universe but I have the Collector's Edition so I'm hesitant to bring that in. I even found a sealed copy of Infamous 2. I honestly have no idea where I got that from as I sold my used copy when PS+ had it for free. Where I got a sealed one from is a complete mystery - such is the life of a CAG ;).

I'll try to add some stuff to the OP, though the title is pretty full of info right now.

OK, done. I had to remove the Power Trades part from the title. It can go back in when this ends.

#2454 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Gamestop has officially lost my business with incompetent employees.

Was in gamestop arguing with the manager about moving my credit from COD Black Ops 2 (a game i was forced to pre-order) to God of War Ascension.

They were saying since the COD was a "Power-Trade" Title i couldn't move my credit.

"NO". I said. I didn't pay off COD with the Power trade promo. I used a 50% coupon i bought off power-up rewards good towards ANY pre-order. I traded in about $250 worth of goods a month ago (Check my post a month back) and they forced me to put all my money torwards pre-orders even after paying off in full 3 PS3 titles and 1 Vita title.

I show them my receipt for proof that i did not use the "Power Trade" Promo so it does not apply but the manager says it's still a "power trade title" so i can't move it. I'm like WTF? 50% and 30% promo doesn't stack so it's either one or the other. And of course i used the 50% using logic, and proof from the receipt. They still said no.

I don't see how they are giving me hassle over my ****ing money.

I told them before i left that they couldn't stop me legally. I'll just pick the game up and return it and get what i want.

It's crazy how you go through so much with this damn organization

#2455 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Was in gamestop arguing with the manager about moving my credit from COD Black Ops 2 (a game i was forced to pre-order) to God of War Ascension.

They were saying since the COD was a "Power-Trade" Title i couldn't move my credit.

"NO". I said. I didn't pay off COD with the Power trade promo. I used a 50% coupon i bought off power-up rewards good towards ANY pre-order. I traded in about $250 worth of goods a month ago (Check my post a month back) and they forced me to put all my money torwards pre-orders even after paying off in full 3 PS3 titles and 1 Vita title.

I show them my receipt for proof that i did not use the "Power Trade" Promo so it does not apply but the manager says it's still a "power trade title" so i can't move it. I'm like WTF? 50% and 30% promo doesn't stack so it's either one or the other. And of course i used the 50% using logic, and proof from the receipt. They still said no.

I told them before i left that they couldn't stop me legally. I'll just pick the game up and return it and get what i want.

Sounds like a Jr. Detective employee. Maybe contact your District Manager or something? I've moved credit from Power Trade titles before and never had a problem.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2456 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

I have the same issue with that coupon. They made me pre-order all $180 of my trade. My plan is to just pick the games up and then return them to a different store.
Posted Image

#2457 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

What does a broken Xbox 360 trade for? E74 on old model. Probably not much. From the FAQ it looks like $55-$16 refurb fee.

#2458 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Uh, yeah, I didn't know about this myself until today. I'm digging through games to see what I have. Found a Pokemon Platinum in a drawer - that's going. I have HeartGold, too, but that is still worth more than GS is giving for it. Oh yeah, and I have Left 4 Dead 2... I even found a Mortal Kimbat vs DC Universe but I have the Collector's Edition so I'm hesitant to bring that in. I even found a sealed copy of Infamous 2. I honestly have no idea where I got that from as I sold my used copy when PS+ had it for free. Where I got a sealed one from is a complete mystery - such is the life of a CAG ;).

I'll try to add some stuff to the OP, though the title is pretty full of info right now.

OK, done. I had to remove the Power Trades part from the title. It can go back in when this ends.

Thanks!:D

Now, more people can get in on this deal!

#2459 Chaltier

Chaltier

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

I gained possession of my now former friend's 4gb after he defaulted on his loan. I'm planning to take advantage of this offer and trade it in. However, it's missing the A/V cable but I do have an HDMI cable. Will Gamestop still take the console or should I buy the A/V cables before trading it in?

#2460 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

You'll need AV cables.