Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#2551 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

It's the same reason LFD 1/2 are so high: GS stopped buying the game from the publisher, demand for it has increased (sequel coming out,) company inventory is low, GS needs copies, and customers that don't know better are ok paying $36-$40 for a used copy from GS.

well thats still kind of amazing the price of the game in store is so high and people are buying....the game can be had for 15 dollars on amazon(ive bought and sold them twice to game stop lol)

not to mention all the copies sold with new 360s kind of shocking in a way but not really people are suckers...

#2552 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

How much is a old white phat xbox with the silver dvdrom tray + 20gb hd, 1 wireless controller and 5 to 6 wired controllers.

Last time (maybe couple of days ago) it was $55 and with the double promo going on it came to $110 with everything needed for the trade (power cord, A/V cables, controller and a working console). Hard drive was not required for trade in but if you are getting rid of it then you can throw it in their.

Couple posts below yours is the new trade in value listed for wireless controllers ($22.00). Wired was around $12.00 few days back.

If you do the power trade towards a preorder of a select game, you will get 30% bonus credit on your trade-in. Make sure to take a print out of the trade in promo (listed on GS website stating so) since some people have reported problems getting the promo if you go that route.

#2553 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Borderlands 2 Base is $30, is that right?

I believe so. They have a $30 promo on that game for the next couple days.

BB with unlocked will give you $43.20 I believe

#2554 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Playstation Vita

Resistance Burning Skies - 10$
Gravity Rush - 12$
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 12$

#2555 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

So I just opened my Uncharted 3 GOTY from the Superslim bundle and found out the DLC is on disk. Unlike U2 that had a voucher and just about everything else Sony seems to do it with. Hoping this means the TIV will be higher come trade time.
Posted Image

#2556 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

I think wireless is still 20 since he included bonuses

#2557 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

I think wireless is still 20 since he included bonuses

Yeah, you are right. I see what you mean.

#2558 io

io

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Base values for yesterday (10/10):

:360: Left 4 Dead 2 - $17
:ds: Pokemon Platinum - $13

Got $48 total with the 50% bonus (on qualifying games) + 10% PUR. I paid off my Wii U preorder in full just so I don't have to deal with that on release day. I still need to pay off my NSMB U preorder (didn't bring my other card so I was just a few $ short to do that) otherwise that was sort of pointless.

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#2559 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Is it just me or was Mass Effect 3 trade in value 12 after bonus. I could've sworn it was which is why I trade it in to Amazon for 13. It's up to 18 now.

#2560 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Is it just me or was Mass Effect 3 trade in value 12 after bonus. I could've sworn it was which is why I trade it in to Amazon for 13. It's up to 18 now.

The mass effect 3 base is 18 now ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2561 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

The mass effect 3 base is 18 now ?

No base is 12. I saw it for base 8 and 12 after bonus. Now it's base 12 and 18 after bonus.

#2562 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

second post says base was 5.50 on the third, but it's on the list of boosted tivs as 12 base, 18 after 50 percent bonus

#2563 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

No base is 12. I saw it for base 8 and 12 after bonus. Now it's base 12 and 18 after bonus.

I have my sealed copy from bestbuy. Wonder if I sould flip it
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2564 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Got $164.30 today from the gamestop in westford,ma.

I traded in a old phat white 360 my brother purchased off ebay for $25 , him and his friend had repaired it and brought back to full gaming life.
Got $95 for it with a wireless controler and 20gb hd.

Trade in 4 wireled controllers at $13.20 a piece and a extra wireless at $22.00. My brother got these for free at the recycling center while doing a delivery, why would someone throw away pefectly working and comesticly fine controllers beats me.

COD 4:Mod War - 4.40
Halo 3 - 3.30

I decided to also upgrade my membership to a pur member for $14.99, it also gave me 10% extra on everything except the console. Now my brother will hopefully get the new slim 500gb ps3 bundle that includes assasian creed 3 so I can play it on my ps3 ;)

#2565 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Got $164.30 today from the gamestop in westford,ma.

I traded in a old phat white 360 my brother purchased off ebay for $25 , him and his friend had repaired it and brought back to full gaming life.
Got $95 for it with a wireless controler and 20gb hd.

Trade in 4 wireled controllers at $13.20 a piece and a extra wireless at $22.00. My brother got these for free at the recycling center while doing a delivery, why would someone throw away pefectly working and comesticly fine controllers beats me.

COD 4:Mod War - 4.40
Halo 3 - 3.30

I decided to also upgrade my membership to a pur member for $14.99, it also gave me 10% extra on everything except the console. Now my brother will hopefully get the new slim 500gb ps3 bundle that includes assasian creed 3 so I can play it on my ps3 ;)

I thought the fat 360 was worth 110, 55 base, without the HD?

#2566 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

I thought the fat 360 was worth 110, 55 base, without the HD?

A little earlier in the thread someone mentioned it going down.

#2567 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hmm I have 2 copies of ME3 sitting here. At $18 I think I will traded them both.

Edit: I guess it would be $19.20 actually.
Posted Image

#2568 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hmm I have 2 copies of ME3 sitting here. At $18 I think I will traded them both.

Edit: I guess it would be $19.20 actually.

are both the xbox 360 and ps3 at the $12 base value?

#2569 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

are both the xbox 360 and ps3 at the $12 base value?

Yeah I just looked at the list.

https://www.powerupr...radeValuesOct12

#2570 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yeah I just looked at the list.

https://www.powerupr...radeValuesOct12

holy sh, man i should of bought an extra copy of me 3. i hope the tiv stays until tomorrow. cuz i would not get a chance to make it to a gamestop till tomorrow

#2571 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

holy sh, man i should of bought an extra copy of me 3. i hope the tiv stays until tomorrow. cuz i would not get a chance to make it to a gamestop till tomorrow

Should be fine -- website says "These exclusive values are only guaranteed until October 14"

#2572 io

io

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Nice, I'll definitely trade in my original copy of Mass Effect 3 and then keep the new one I picked up at Best Buy. That way I can get another online pass for my son. Since this is a stupid EA game, he can't play online with his account right now, but I think that changes when he hits 13, which is in just a few months. It sounds like the multiplayer is still pretty active (and ever-changing) so I'd like to keep one copy at least. The online passes are gamertag-specific, right? I mean, you can't just redeem one for a console like you can with DLC/XBL Arcade games?

#2573 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

How about trading in 40gb ps3?

#2574 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Ok I took in Skyrim, Saints Row The Third, Reach, and Mortal Kombat.

Now when I added that up, it should have been about 95 bucks. The guy looked at 3 of my disc and said he has to charge me a bit because they need to resurface them. (I was surprised but I should have wiped them down, didn't notice anything wrong with them but whatever). At the end he told me I would be getting 66 bucks. I asked him if that included the power up special that is going on, he said yes.

I asked how much he docked me for the resurfacing, he told me 8 bucks total. I could have lived with 85+ dollars but 66? I told him I will think about it some more. What happened?
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#2575 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Now when I added that up, it should have been about 95 bucks. The guy looked at 3 of my disc and said he has to charge me a bit because they need to resurface them. (I was surprised but I should have wiped them down, didn't notice anything wrong with them but whatever). At the end he told me I would be getting 66 bucks. I asked him if that included the power up special that is going on, he said yes.

I asked how much he docked me for the resurfacing, he told me 8 bucks total. I could have lived with 85+ dollars but 66? I told him I will think about it some more. What happened?

You probably shouldn't have traded in three games because that might have triggered the tiered promo instead--10% for each game instead of 50%. Just split them between two transactions and you should be good.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2576 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

You probably shouldn't have traded in three games because that might have triggered the tiered promo instead--10% for each game instead of 50%. Just split them between two transactions and you should be good.

Oh man, that makes sense! That would be another 6 bucks which would put me at 66. I was hoping to come out of there with 88. I will go back and try that.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#2577 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Confirming that Mass Effect 3 (PS3 at least) IS $12 base. Got $19.20 after bonuses.

#2578 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Does anyone know if XCOM: Enemy Unknown was a limited print? Looking like all the GS stores around me only have a very short supply. Just wondering if I should trade in a couple of games I'm unsure about keeping (SR3 and MK) since I've finished both and don't want to get to a position where XCOM becomes super difficult to find for anything other than PC.

If it's not limited or anything that would be better, because with Dishonored probably getting here from BB tomorrow, ACIII at the end of the month, DoA 5 still needing more online time and costume unlocks, GoT begging to be played more, and Tokyo Jungle still on lower level animals my backlog is currently crazy.

#2579 247

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Got email about ME3 $12 TIV. I wonder if their will be new titles on the 50% promo as well as the 2 for $40.

#2580 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Did the employee really say they need to resurface the games? I hate how some Gamestop employees try to charge the refurb fee when Gamestop doesn't resurface discs or offer a discount for games with damaged discs and missing artwork/manuals. If you haven't traded try to go to a different location. If they say the same thing bring up that Gamestop doesn't refurbish games or offer a discount on damaged games and maybe (probably not but worth a shot) that argument will work for you. And as others mentioned, break up the trade so you get more credit.