Photo
- - - - -

Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3978 replies to this topic

#2851 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Very off-topic, but I hope someone helps me.

3 weeks ago I bought a new PS3 Slim (first slim) at Gamestop. It froze one time already. I turned it on, then changed to the tv for about ten minutes, and when I changed back to game, it was frozen in the XMB menu. I have no idea why it happened, considering that I already have the current firmware.
Also the PS3 controller that came with it is not well assembled, it is like sharp on the edges and it is annoying to use cause of that. I paid more than $250 for the console (paying taxes), and I think that at least I should have a good controller.

Well, Do you think that I should return it? Do you think it will freeze again? I called Gamestop and asked them if I could get just the controller replaced. They told me that it can't be possible, I would need to replace the whole system. They told me that they can't give me my money back because I bought it new. They also told me that if I want to return it I should pay $20 more to get the Super Slim version instead because they do not sell the first Slim version anymore. I don't want to pay those extra $20, and I don't want the newest slim because it looks cheaper and uglier (personal opinion). Any advice? I still have about 1 week before the 1 month warranty expires. Thank you.

You mean a 1 month return period. You have a 1 year warranty through Sony.

#2852 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

You mean a 1 month return period. You have a 1 year warranty through Sony.

Ohhh I kind of forgot about Sony's one year warranty haha. I will keep the console then. You saved me $20 and getting a console that I don't like, thank you! (:

#2853 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Anyone know the TIV on a Kindle Fire?

You can actually check on their site in the "Trade-ins" area. It's under "Amazon Tablet" and they have the values for the 8GB wifi version. It has different tabs with different values based on the condition. "Like New" condition is $36 store credit or $28.80 cash.

#2854 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

So, is the 50% extra on certain games starting today.

#2855 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

So I have like 80,000 PUR points right now. Trying to decide if using 50,000 of them to save $50 on a 360 Holiday bundle is a good idea. I have yet to see a steal of the week that makes saving my points worth it.
Posted Image

#2856 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

definitely sounds tempting at least. 250gb Holiday bundle for the price of the 4gb....Id probably do it.

#2857 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Looking to trade my Wii in soon, is the trade in value is $25? so double that would be $50 right? Does the new Wii U uses any of the old controller? Should I trade everything in????? Does the Wii U can play orginal wii game??? thanks
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#2858 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Looking to trade my Wii in soon, is the trade in value is $25? so double that would be $50 right? Does the new Wii U uses any of the old controller? Should I trade everything in????? Does the Wii U can play orginal wii game??? thanks

Yes the Wii u uses the wiimote controllers and is backwards compatible withwii games.

#2859 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Ohhh I kind of forgot about Sony's one year warranty haha. I will keep the console then. You saved me $20 and getting a console that I don't like, thank you! (:

If you paid by credit card, some credit card companies will extend warranties by a year for electronics. You should ask your credit card company.

#2860 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

When I checked the link to the new list of TIV-raised games last night, the site was down for maintenance. I'm glad I remembered to check again before I went out today, because I'm definitely up to getting $70.80 for DMC HD Collection (bought a used copy from GS a few months back, but I'd rather get a new copy from BBY for $15.99 PMing Newegg's price), Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (no way I'll get to it anytime soon, and I paid $20 for it so I'll be making $10 profit), and RE5 Gold Edition (bought the RE6 Anthology for $62.97 and no longer need the physical disc for RE5). :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2861 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Bought both Silent Hill HD and RDR GOTY for PS3 when Gamefly had them in a $15 sale. Never got around to them, and too much else to play. Flip back to GS for $43. Not too bad.

I just went to do my trade, but I also need to renew my PUR Pro...saw the one employee I can't stand as the only one working, so I turned and walked right out. I'll try again later.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#2862 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

So, is the 50% extra on certain games starting today.

If you're talking about this https://www.powerupr...dex/TradeValues it started yesterday.

Please note that this is not really a 50% extra list (even though some values are 50% more than base). Those are set trade-in values. Add 10% to base if your PUR Pro.

Pay attention. If one of your local stores is doing the 50% extra this weekend you may get more at that store then the bonus value on the list.

#2863 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

When I checked the link to the new list of TIV-raised games last night, the site was down for maintenance. I'm glad I remembered to check again before I went out today, because I'm definitely up to getting $70.80 for DMC HD Collection (bought a used copy from GS a few months back, but I'd rather get a new copy from BBY for $15.99 PMing Newegg's price), Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (no way I'll get to it anytime soon, and I paid $20 for it so I'll be making $10 profit), and RE5 Gold Edition (bought the RE6 Anthology for $62.97 and no longer need the physical disc for RE5). :D

Just a heads up. You'll make out a little better on those games if one of your local stores is doing the 50% bonus this weekend. Assuming the base values hold...but since these are set values vs. a % bump you might not have to worry about that.

#2864 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Found the last Mario Kart Wii for an easy 15$ flip, still trying to decide if I want to keep the one I was planning to save for WiiU
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2865 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just a heads up. You'll make out a little better on those games if one of your local stores is doing the 50% bonus this weekend. Assuming the base values hold...but since these are set values vs. a % bump you might not have to worry about that.

Yeah I am wondering about this. I would assume these are base values so for some games getting the 50% bump this weekend works out better. Something like GTA IV Complete gets $21.50 today but would get $24 this weekend if the $15 base holds. I would assume the bonus TIV would stay the same even if they drop the Base TIV?
Posted Image

#2866 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah I am wondering about this. I would assume these are base values so for some games getting the 50% bump this weekend works out better. Something like GTA IV Complete gets $21.50 today but would get $24 this weekend if the $15 base holds. I would assume the bonus TIV would stay the same even if they drop the Base TIV?

Right, because when the base value for Mass Effect 3 dropped last week the 50% bonus still kicked in. The fact that these bonus values are set values and not based on a percentage bump, they should stay in effect throughout the promotion.

#2867 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you're talking about this https://www.powerupr...dex/TradeValues it started yesterday.

Please note that this is not really a 50% extra list (even though some values are 50% more than base). Those are set trade-in values. Add 10% to base if your PUR Pro.

Pay attention. If one of your local stores is doing the 50% extra this weekend you may get more at that store then the bonus value on the list.

Didn't know about the new list! looks like there's gonna be some stuff for me to get rid of this week too! Was going to do Dishonored at Best Buy since that's where my AC3 is at, but otherwise, getting rid of my vanilla Borderlands and such is worth it for me to get some extra credit.

#2868 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

PS3:

Madden 13: $22.00

I got $32.20 for it after $8.00 promo which I'm not sure why and $2.20 from power up.

#2869 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

PS3:

Madden 13: $22.00

I got $32.20 for it after $8.00 promo which I'm not sure why and $2.20 from power up.

This is why: https://www.powerupr...dex/TradeValues

#2870 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I got an email: Get $35 in store credit when you trade in FIFA 13 (Xbox 360/PS3); PUR members only. Ends 10/21

#2871 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I got an email: Get $35 in store credit when you trade in FIFA 13 (Xbox 360/PS3); PUR members only. Ends 10/21

That will happen if you've recently bought a game and there is a promo going on for it. The full list is here: https://www.powerupr...dex/TradeValues

#2872 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Didnt know about this. Thanks, now Ill have some credit to use for my b2g1 coupon that expires at the end of the month.

#2873 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Didn't know about the new list! looks like there's gonna be some stuff for me to get rid of this week too! Was going to do Dishonored at Best Buy since that's where my AC3 is at, but otherwise, getting rid of my vanilla Borderlands and such is worth it for me to get some extra credit.

Didnt know about this. Thanks, now Ill have some credit to use for my b2g1 coupon that expires at the end of the month.

I guess the OP need to be updated.

#2874 jut22

jut22

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

I've owned each of the PS3s at one time or another. I got the "super" slim when my other slim's disc drive malfunctioned. This notion that the super slim is made, feels or looks cheap is ridiculous. Its sturdy, smaller, more efficient, and the manual drive eliminates any failures. Its superior in every way and looks great IMO.

The only issue is the Vertical Stand hasn't been released for some reason. I can't find it anywhere and Sony refused to comment on why. Anyone heard anything? I know its out in Japan.

Edited by jut22, 17 October 2012 - 06:59 PM.
added content

#2875 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yes the Wii u uses the wiimote controllers and is backwards compatible withwii games.

I have the old, old wii, i think it can play GC games, should i save that instead of trading it in?

How do u know if my wii can play GC game?

Also i dont think my controller has wii motion, it is the old white one

#2876 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I have the old, old wii, i think it can play GC games, should i save that instead of trading it in?

How do u know if my wii can play GC game?

Also i dont think my controller has wii motion, it is the old white one

Do you plan on playing GC games? If no, then trade it in. Especially if you plan on getting a WiiU.

Does it have the GC controller ports on the top? If so, yes you can play GC games.

If it is Wii Motion Plus it will say so on the bottom, front of the remote.

#2877 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Damn, traded in Forza 4 last week when it was $25 on the list. Now they've bumped it up to $28

#2878 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Damn, traded in Forza 4 last week when it was $25 on the list. Now they've bumped it up to $28

I feel you. I traded in 3 :360:Borderlands for $16 each on Sunday. Got them from the BB B2G1 so it was all profit, but damn...2 days cost me $9.60.

#2879 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

AssCreed Brotherhood gets $8 base ($1 higher than what is listed in OP). Not much a difference but thought I would update on that game in case ppl wanted to trade in before AC3

#2880 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Do you plan on playing GC games? If no, then trade it in. Especially if you plan on getting a WiiU.

Does it have the GC controller ports on the top? If so, yes you can play GC games.

If it is Wii Motion Plus it will say so on the bottom, front of the remote.

yes it goes have the GC port, i guess it will play GC game. and i do not have the motion plus controller. I remember i have to buy the add that plug-in in the back of the controller.