Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Codes via PSN

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
People are starting to get these free beta codes sent to their PSN inbox so log in and see if you got a free beta code in your inbox.

Not exactly a deal, but I have started to see beta code threads appear under this forum.

Not to give out, but since the news is out there, let me see if any videogame news sites have any to give away and I will let the community know.

It's not exactly a deal, but I appreciate the info.

Let's be real.. who checks their PSN inbox? I didn't even know that it existed.

Now I am not sure if this is 100% accurate, but as I was looking for a site that were giving this away like Gamespot did with the LBP kart keys, I read on some forums that this code is being sent out to all PSN Plus members first.

[quote name='NEP']It's not exactly a deal, but I appreciate the info.

Let's be real.. who checks their PSN inbox? I didn't even know that it existed.[/QUOTE]

Yea, where is my PSN inbox? is it a website or is it in the consoles dashboard somewhere?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Reminds me they sent me a LBP kart key the other day....[/QUOTE]

I got two of them the other day. Gave one to my friend.

[quote name='meta460085']Yea, where is my PSN inbox? is it a website or is it in the consoles dashboard somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about when you sign into your PSN account, there's a "Message Box" there. Usually though these beta codes are sent to the email attached to your PSN account. I just checked my email and I have a LBP Karting one but no PS All Stars.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Now I am not sure if this is 100% accurate, but as I was looking for a site that were giving this away like Gamespot did with the LBP kart keys, I read on some forums that this code is being sent out to all PSN Plus members first.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I hope so. They should let me test the vita version too.

That "Mesage Box" has had me miss a couple of beta keys in the past. The only thing I ever get in there are friend requests form people I dont know. If any of them are from any of you my apologies. Gonna go check now as I am PS+, though I read elsewhere that was only for Hong Kong PS+ subscribers.

I got one in the email this morning. For the record- it's a really early build with only the first set of anounced characters. It's online only (1-player local), and buggy as all hell. Not much to get excited for here.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Now I am not sure if this is 100% accurate, but as I was looking for a site that were giving this away like Gamespot did with the LBP kart keys, I read on some forums that this code is being sent out to all PSN Plus members first.[/QUOTE]

I got a Beta code about 3-4 days ago, and I'm not PS+

Damn. As much as I like PlayStation(ahem...PS+ Elite...if I do say so, myself...and, I do), they haven't sent me shit. None of those $5.99 codes that ^*(#@& were getting 500 of. No LBP and this either. Well, fuckCK YOU, PS3! Got it?!!!! fuckCK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! *runs and buys an xbox*
ummm...no.....it ain't dat suuuurius

I hope I get one.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Damn. As much as I like PlayStation(ahem...PS+ Elite...if I do say so, myself...and, I do), they haven't sent me shit. None of those $5.99 codes that ^*(#@& were getting 500 of. No LBP and this either. Well, fuckCK YOU, PS3! Got it?!!!! fuckCK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! *runs and buys an xbox*
[/QUOTE]

Um......huh?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Um......huh?[/QUOTE]

S(He) was mockingly swearing at Playstation Network that they had never received any of the $5.99 store credit vouchers that many users were reportedly getting. They also mentioned the absence of any beta invites to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale or Little Big Planet Kart Racing. At the end of their post, they qualified the preceding statments by stating that it wasn't that big of a deal and they weren't being serious when they promised to run out and buy an Xbox 360.

[quote name='Bosamba']She was mockingly swearing at Playstation Network that they had never received any of the $5.99 store credit vouchers that many users were reportedly getting. They also mentioned the absence of any beta invites to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale or Little Big Planet Kart Racing. At the end of their post, they qualified the preceding statments by stating that it wasn't that big of a deal and they weren't being serious when they promised to run out and buy an Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

And, LOL! You understand my psychoness! :grouphug:

[quote name='Bosamba']S(He) was mockingly swearing at Playstation Network that they had never received any of the $5.99 store credit vouchers that many users were reportedly getting. They also mentioned the absence of any beta invites to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale or Little Big Planet Kart Racing. At the end of their post, they qualified the preceding statments by stating that it wasn't that big of a deal and they weren't being serious when they promised to run out and buy an Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thank you for the translation.

I've never even heard of the $5.99 store credit vouchers, maybe that was before my time on PS+.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Damn. As much as I like PlayStation(ahem...PS+ Elite...if I do say so, myself...and, I do), they haven't sent me shit. None of those $5.99 codes that ^*(#@& were getting 500 of. No LBP and this either. Well, fuckCK YOU, PS3! Got it?!!!! fuckCK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! *runs and buys an xbox*
[/QUOTE]

Babs, you can get a code for LBP racing from Gamespot here :

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/lbpkarting_beta_giveaway_us/

Ciao!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ahh, thank you for the translation.

I've never even heard of the $5.99 store credit vouchers, maybe that was before my time on PS+.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember if it was earlier this year or late last year, but....some people got the free code/s for PlayStation's video service. They found out they didn't have to used the $5.99 codes towards the videos. Some people got more than 1 by having multiple emails with PSN.

Ahh ok(I like Google)........

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307650

[quote name='exceed19']Babs, you can get a code for LBP racing from Gamespot here :

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/lbpkarting_beta_giveaway_us/

Ciao![/QUOTE]

Thanks!:D

[quote name='Bosamba']S(He) was mockingly swearing at Playstation Network that they had never received any of the $5.99 store credit vouchers that many users were reportedly getting. They also mentioned the absence of any beta invites to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale or Little Big Planet Kart Racing. At the end of their post, they qualified the preceding statments by stating that it wasn't that big of a deal and they weren't being serious when they promised to run out and buy an Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Are those $5.99 vouchers completely different than those spam emails I seem to get from random people about forwarding their stupid PSN emails to get PSN credit?

EDIT: Nevermind.. I see the reply above.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I think he's talking about when you sign into your PSN account, there's a "Message Box" there. Usually though these beta codes are sent to the email attached to your PSN account. I just checked my email and I have a LBP Karting one but no PS All Stars.[/QUOTE]

This, my Little Big Planet Karting codes came via email.

I got to both Karting and PASBR. I don't even know what i did to get in the PASBR beta. But here is what the email says:

Congratulations on joining the Developer Beta for PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale!

Here you'll be among the first to experience the iconic characters of the PlayStation universe coming together in an epic fighting game! We're very excited to show you the game and all the fantastic features we've been working on and we can't wait to see everyone go all-out in battle to see who's truly the best!

As part of the Developer Beta, you will be able to access the PlayStation All-Stars Beta Forums on us.PlayStation.com so you can participate with the rest of the Beta community members and provide valuable feedback to the development team!

*I removed the PSN code and instructions part*

The focus of this private beta phase will be to stress-test the server's load capability and in-game features. Please note that the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale closed beta is a testing program for a work in progress. The game you play today is not indicative of the quality of the final product or its ultimate performance, frame rate, effects, or feature set.

Below is the schedule for the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale closed developer beta:

Friday 7/27, 12:00 PM Pacific - Saturday 7/28, 11:59 PM Pacific
Friday 8/3, 12:00 PM Pacific - Saturday 8/4, 11:59 PM Pacific

Also, please remember that everything associated with this test is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta. Your participation in this closed beta is always subject to the End-User License Agreement and Confidentiality Agreement contained within.

It's got 6 characters (kratos, helghast, F.Princess, Sly, Parrappa, Sweeth Tooth) has like 3 maps, and 1 game mode. I'm having a blast playing this.

Are you guys just signed up for the Playstation newsletter, or have PS+? Wonder if these are just sent out at random. Never got one for LBPK or this game, even though I'm a PS+ member and I'm signed up to the newsletter (I think).

[quote name='eXiON']Are you guys just signed up for the Playstation newsletter, or have PS+? Wonder if these are just sent out at random. Never got one for LBPK or this game, even though I'm a PS+ member and I'm signed up to the newsletter (I think).[/QUOTE]

I was / am...

• PSN Plus Member
  • Level 28 on the PSN
  • Got into the Dust 514, Kart racing, Littlebigplanet 1 / 2, GoW 3, MAG, Mod Nation, and probably many more beta's.
  • Writer for a Gaming news site / attended E3.
  • Applied for both Littlebigplanet Vita and Kart Racing beta's.
  • Have over 300 games played.
  • Was a member of one of the loyality programs
  • Bought every CE Sony released last year
  • FEB Vita buyer
  • Get their news letter
  • etc

and I did not get in. Due to this I believe it is pretty much completely random.

[quote name='eXiON']Are you guys just signed up for the Playstation newsletter, or have PS+? Wonder if these are just sent out at random. Never got one for LBPK or this game, even though I'm a PS+ member and I'm signed up to the newsletter (I think).[/QUOTE]

I'm subscribed to both. Yeah, i think when you're PS+ you should automatically be included in this kind of promotions. Idk but maybe trophy level/count sort of factors being included in this kind of things.

EDIT: Just read admiralvic post, probably it really is random.

Got mine via email last night.

It seems like a fun mindless game, but its REALLY buggy, and gets kinda boring fast. (Plus some characters seem insanely broken compared to others, namely Kratos)

To steal from Vic...

• PSN Plus Member
  • Level 27 on the PSN
  • Got into the Dust 514, LittleBigPlanet 1 / 2 / Vita / Karting, GoW 3, MAG, Mod Nation, and many more beta's.
  • Writer for a Gaming news site.
  • Applied for both LittleBigPlanet Vita and Kart Racing beta's.
  • Have over 225 games played.
  • Was a member of Playstation Rewards a couple years back
  • Bought every CE Sony released last year
  • Day 1 Vita buyer
  • Get their news letter
  • etc

But unlike Vic, I did get this beta.

Thanks guys, that sums it up nicely. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'll just wait or watch a few vids on YT when they get posted, really interested in seeing how this game turns out.

[quote name='eXiON']Thanks guys, that sums it up nicely. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'll just wait or watch a few vids on YT when they get posted, really interested in seeing how this game turns out.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like what I played at E3, it's going to be awful. Combos felt limited, virtually no balance, attacking was too simple, people were always bunched together for easy multi finishers, levels were small so there was virtually no place to hide, tactics not required, etc.

Beta isn't running for the Vita. If you guys really want. You can get an HK PS+ account (lowest tier is only $5) since they have the beta up for download there. That's how I got mine.

[quote name='jwk94']Beta isn't running for the Vita. If you guys really want. You can get an HK PS+ account (lowest tier is only $5) since they have the beta up for download there. That's how I got mine.[/QUOTE]
You can use a US card for HK PSN?

[quote name='SuperMario64']You can use a US card for HK PSN?[/QUOTE]

need a HK one, but some debit / credit cards should work no problem.

[quote name='admiralvic']need a HK one, but some debit / credit cards should work no problem.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't able to add funds. Would a US PSN card work?

Folks, if you have an alt UK PSN account- and I don't see why anyone wouldn't- simply go to the UK Store and DL the LBP Karting beta. It's not exclusive to PS+ anymore. Open to all.
Go!

bread's done
Back