Infamous 2 Hero Edition $34.99 at Best Buy possibly YMMV

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I was at a Best Buy today and picked up one of two Infamous 2 Hero Editions for $34.99. They were $60 last week. It did not appear to be a managers markdown since this store normally uses yellow handwritten stickers for that and this had a printed shelf tag marked "clearance".

#2 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

SKU # 2282366
Stock locator
http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

yeah it's a new clearance but no longer YMMV if it's in stock. If any can post a pic of the clearance tag with the price & what store has it at that price other BB's can price match it just by calling the other store. No longer any need to track down a store with the same price.

Edited by Enuf, 30 July 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#3 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

I haven't seen one of this in a loooong time.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

I cant believe some of these survived the crazy christmas season deals BB had. (i think it was the same price then)

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#5 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Haha was just about to post this. Here's stock checker. There's a few in Austin area.

http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#6 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I cant believe some of these survived the crazy christmas season deals BB had. (i think it was the same price then)

I think it was actually even cheaper, closer to $20 IIRC. Many stores in my area were not pricematching the online price at that time since it was a deal of the day.

#7 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Oh snap I have a pile of 4 or 5 of these at my local BB, just checked the price last week to see if it dropped. Gotta go get me one, thanks for the heads-up.

#8 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Anybody who finds one and doesn't want the bag, pm me. I broke mine.

#9 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

I think it was actually even cheaper, closer to $20 IIRC. Many stores in my area were not pricematching the online price at that time since it was a deal of the day.

I checked my order history. It was $24.99. However, the price dropped to $19.99 a few days later and I received a refund for the difference.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#10 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Lol, I feel for you but you can't honestly believe there are people out there trying to get this for the in game extras and soundtrack...the game was $10 last week.

On topic, I thought these were clearanced at $25 last year at BB. I got two at that price.

I want it for the bag. lol

#11 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Is there something special about the bag? Anytime a deal on this pops up, that's all anyone ever talks about.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#12 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Is there something special about the bag? Anytime a deal on this pops up, that's all anyone ever talks about.

It just looks like the one he has in the game. Supposedly it's decent quality. I just think it would be nice to have.

#13 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

I want it for the bag. lol

The bag was very cool. A good size, cool design and a decent color. The patches were a bit much though. I sold mine for 40 after i got my DOTD copy.... Not a day goes by when i don't regret letting that happen. (I have a backpack problem)

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#14 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

unboxing video

#15 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

I also got this way back when it was on sale and saw there are some in the area. The figure is kind of meh but I do enjoy the backpack as it holds my touchpad and portable gaming/wall plugs for phones. I almost want to buy a second one...

#16 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

The last one that was in Flower Mound, TX is gone. I did pick up one during the B2G1 sale a few weeks ago for $69.99 so I just went and had a price adjustment and got $37.88 back...just as good I guess :)

#17 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Had my eye on the last one in my store for months.... Picked it up this afternoon. Would rather have only paid 20-25, but at 35 someone else would have grabbed it.

Posted Image

#18 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

None in my area :/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

The bag still goes for around ~$40 on eBay. Free game and statue if you fell...

BTW, the Towson, MD had 7 of these stacked next to the PS3 demo setup as late as Friday afternoon. I inquired about the price then since the game itself was on sale for $10. It was $34.99 then, but I though it was just on sale since the game was on sale.

They also still have Infamous 2 guides which I thought were pennied out a long time ago.???

#20 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

I got one coming to my store in a few days :)

#21 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

I've been using my bag since the sale, love it. Perfect for my Vita, Touchpad or Kindle Fire and a couple of magazines.

#22 violentfox

violentfox

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

i had previously purchased this at around 39.99 at bestbuy. soon after it was about 10-20 for some deal of the day. bb refused to price match so i returned everything for a refund.

in all honestly bag is not that great. it is basically a canvas bag with one pocket. the best thing i liked about it was the sly cooper patch. it is rather cheap but if you paid less than 40 for all i feel you got a good deal. i see a few kids wearing them every now and then and i cant help but to think it's pretty ugly too boot.

i had been searching a long time to get this ce and felt the bag would be the bees knees. i was hunting low and high, bidding on ebay and contacting weirdos through craigslist. finally i picked it up at bb and was ecstatic. i had finally aquired the bag i had been longing for. after about a day i realized how flimsy the bag was. after reflecting on the joy/anger of my hunt, i realized i felt nothing but regret. despite owning the awesome infamous 2 video game, i did not feel happy. there was no feeling of joy. i had already platted the game (as i had picked it up pre-street from target at a discounted rate)

eventually in the end i got a 5.11 sling pack and have been much happier with that

long story short, do not let the hunt fool you, you will be ultimately disappointed with the bag

#23 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

The bag still goes for around ~$40 on eBay. Free game and statue if you fell...

BTW, the Towson, MD had 7 of these stacked next to the PS3 demo setup as late as Friday afternoon. I inquired about the price then since the game itself was on sale for $10. It was $34.99 then, but I though it was just on sale since the game was on sale.

They also still have Infamous 2 guides which I thought were pennied out a long time ago.???

Hi neighbor! I was gonna get one today but never got around to it, hopefully there's still some left.

#24 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hi neighbor! I was gonna get one today but never got around to it, hopefully there's still some left.

The $69.99 price tag was still on top of the "pyramid" so most likely you'll be knocking the cobwebs off of them.

#25 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

Would a 13" MacBook Air fit inside? How about a PS Vita in the smaller pouch? This is what I planned on using for.

#26 raccooncityguy

raccooncityguy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

Any way I can get ahold of one of these even though there aren't any in stock in my town?

#27 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Somewhat interested in this but I might check this out if there are any still available at my local BB by Friday. Thanks OP!

#28 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Would a 13" MacBook Air fit inside? How about a PS Vita in the smaller pouch? This is what I planned on using for.

I am personally able to hold my 13" Macbook, my Vita, and other stuff like cables comfortably. Same style (Vita in the smaller area, etc)

#29 Hexor

Hexor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

i want one of those but there are none available at my area, is someone willing to buy one for me? i will pay via paypal, Obviously i'm going to pay shipping plus an extra for the troubles. If someone can please send PM. Thanks
Posted Image

#30 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Got 1 today at the Roseville MI location. They had 3, and I was thinking about getting them all, but I left 2 for whoever really wants them! (btw they were $34.99 as well)