Best Buy - Star Wars The Old Republic CE ~$40 In-store YMMV

Captain Urahara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
Didn't see this posted elsewhere but walked into my Best Buy today and saw The Old Republic's CE marked down to $74.99(previously $89.99)as well as on clearance, marking the total down to $37.49 + tax making it $40.39 total for me.

They had six copies lying around so I grabbed one and a buddy grabbed one. We really only wanted the statues which seem to go for about $40 anyway so it was nice to get everything. Still seems to be ~$130 online so good to grab now if you can.

Extra info:
1) The CE's were still sitting under a sign designating them as $89.99 but with the orange C sticker and right next to the clearance racks. Once the employee actually scanned them they rang up as $74.99 BEFORE clearance price.

2) The employee mentioned that they are practically liquidating them at this point and doesn't see them dropping any lower as once they are gone, they are gone. No restocks and no second chances. If they aren't sold in the next 2-3 weeks they will be shipped out of the store and won't be coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']Didn't see this posted elsewhere but walked into my Best Buy today and saw The Old Republic's CE marked down to $74.99(previously $89.99)as well as on clearance, marking the total down to $37.49 + tax making it $40.39 total for me.

They had six copies lying around so I grabbed one and a buddy grabbed one. We really only wanted the statues which seem to go for about $40 anyway so it was nice to get everything. Still seems to be $130 online so good to grab now if you can.[/QUOTE]

1) You may want to add "CE" to the title

2) I bought into the pre-release hype on this game last year and paid full price for this. - 100 CAG points for me.

My BB had one and I had the guy check the price and it was $102 on the 17th. The clearance is YMMV right?

[quote name='Geco17']I as well saw it for $74.99, but I don't think my BB does 50% off of clearance.[/QUOTE]

Mine does though they have to be specifically stickered and a manager has to override the price.

[quote name='Bosamba']1) You may want to add "CE" to the title[/QUOTE]
I was actually typing this out on my buddy's iPad and completely overlooked that fact. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed :D

[quote name='Abeja']My BB had one and I had the guy check the price and it was $102 on the 17th. The clearance is YMMV right?[/QUOTE]
I would believe so. This is in-store only for sure and I think my Best Buy did this because they had WAY too many CE's in stock.

They have slowly, and I mean SLOWLY, been selling them and they just want them gone at this point. Employee himself even said they have been pestered about selling them and if they aren't sold within the next few weeks they will be shipped off and gone for good.

[quote name='Geco17']I as well saw it for $74.99, but I don't think my BB does 50% off of clearance.[/QUOTE]
As long as it's stickered and the manager overrides it then you should be good to go.

I saw these at my BB for $80. They had at least 15 or more in stock,so I think I can wait until they reach $40 here.

I'd get it for $40, but my store always runs out of these things well before the clearance gets that low. I think they sell them to employees that ebay.

[quote name='jkircos']If its labeled clearance does it automatically come up at 37.49, if its labeled 74.99?[/QUOTE]

It was actually still labeled as $89.99 but when they rang it up it came up as $74.99 and the clearance had to be overridden by a manager. So no, if you just have it rung up it'll still show up at whatever price it's at without the clearance added on.

[quote name='sninh']where in ca?[/QUOTE]

The specific store is:
SALINAS CA
390 NORTHRIDGE MALL, SALINAS, CA 93906

I bought one, a friend bought one, there were at least 4 left next to the clearance rack. Possibly more in the back but I didn't ask.

Picked up one in South Portland, ME. I will leave it unopened. Hopefully it will drop in price and I can go back for a price adjustment. I have Premier Silver rewardzone so I have up to 60 days. :)

[quote name='lectersvictim']Picked up one in South Portland, ME. I will leave it unopened. Hopefully it will drop in price and I can go back for a price adjustment. I have Premier Silver rewardzone so I have up to 60 days. :)[/QUOTE]

Tempting idea

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Just to let you all know, this game is going free to play in November, so I would advise against buying it unless you REALLY want the statue and whatnot.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/907006-star-wars-the-old-republic-going-free-to-play-in-november[/QUOTE]

CE owners get an extra 1000 coins for the FTP store and a new exclusive digital item, alongside the digital items they already got and the free 1-month sub (Which accumulates points toward the FTP store now).

So if you want the game, this is a pretty good deal. The statue is pretty nice as well IMO, and it comes with a physical authenticator, which is handy to have.

When checking store availability through this link I get 'in store only' in red for most locations. Does this mean that it is there? Usually it says available or whatever but in some places it states 'Unavailable.'

[quote name='pacifickarma']Is there any way you could post a picture of your receipt? It might help to convince the manager of my local Best Buy to follow suit![/QUOTE]
Here you go! Taken from my crappy cellphone.

TORreceipt.jpg

[quote name='BrolyB593']When checking store availability through this link I get 'in store only' in red for most locations. Does this mean that it is there? Usually it says available or whatever but in some places it states 'Unavailable.'[/QUOTE]

Well the link was unavailable for me but I looked it up through Best Buy, checked the store locator for my area, and the store I picked one up as does in fact say "in store only" in red. So they should have some. Give them a call to be sure.

[quote name='Geco17']So if I show them that receipt my BB will honor it? I asked for a 50% off of it and they denied me[/QUOTE]

Possibly, possibly not. It really just depends on who works there, who you talk to, and who the manager is. Sometimes Best Buys will honor deals that other Best Buys do, sometimes they won't.

I was simply asked to provide a picture of the receipt, so I did. Whether it actually will help or not is left to question.

Meh, I am kind of interested, but not interested enough to drag my ass down to the store and potentially have to argue with idiotic Best Buy employee, have to call the manager bla bla bla.

Ah, the joys of shopping at brick and mortar stores.

[quote name='Geco17']So if I show them that receipt my BB will honor it? I asked for a 50% off of it and they denied me[/QUOTE]

Rang up 75:00 and they wouldn't overide even with the pic.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Possibly, possibly not. It really just depends on who works there, who you talk to, and who the manager is. Sometimes Best Buys will honor deals that other Best Buys do, sometimes they won't.

I was simply asked to provide a picture of the receipt, so I did. Whether it actually will help or not is left to question.[/QUOTE]

when it comes to bestbuy, it is always ymmv

broke down traded in some games got 22.40 bucks for ps3 mortal kombat 16 for street fighter tekken x and 14.40 cursed crusade. with the 50% bump and reward.

Hey Urahara, can you tell us your store number? Mine had it marked at $149.99 but rang up $79.99. They said they'd need a store number to price match though.. :/

[quote name='TaiTheGai']Hey Urahara, can you tell us your store number? Mine had it marked at $149.99 but rang up $79.99. They said they'd need a store number to price match though.. :/[/QUOTE]

Store number is #1019

Best of luck getting the price match!

I got the deal for 34.99, would post pics of receipt if I knew how to post pi

Last edited by a moderator:
No dice. The manager gave me some line about them only price matching in the immediate area and the local market being different in California (I'm in Louisiana).

Went to 2 local BB's that had them in stock, both $75 with no additional markdown. Might be able to score one eventually though as both of them had multiple copies...one of them even had like 8 or more. I don't really see many people paying $75 for it considering that people looking for this will be aware that it's going F2P.

bread's done
Back