Off-topic I scored a WB "My Passport" 1TB Portable HDD for
Spoiler
from The Price Pros.

#272 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

The one that was posted here before was $962.xx for a G74SX-DH72. I could probably do without an SSD for now but I dont know about getting one without blu ray. I see some other G74s but they're more expensive and dont have the blu or ssd.

That was 8 days ago price were $962.33 used according to CamelCamelCamel.com.

#273 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

The one that was posted here before was $962.xx for a G74SX-DH72. I could probably do without an SSD for now but I dont know about getting one without blu ray. I see some other G74s but they're more expensive and dont have the blu or ssd.

FWIW, I just added an SSD to my Asus G72GX and I can't recommend the upgrade enough. With the SSD, from a cold power off it takes about 8 seconds to turn on and boot to my Windows 7 Pro desktop. It's unreal. With my stock 7200 RPM drive (which is now my secondary drive in it) the thing would take 30-60 seconds to boot to desktop.

#274 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

FWIW, I just added an SSD to my Asus G72GX and I can't recommend the upgrade enough. With the SSD, from a cold power off it takes about 8 seconds to turn on and boot to my Windows 7 Pro desktop. It's unreal. With my stock 7200 RPM drive (which is now my secondary drive in it) the thing would take 30-60 seconds to boot to desktop.

Well great now I need that too. Thanks I think. I'm just impatient and don't want to wait but I guess I'll try and hold out for a good deal before buying anything.

I really dont know shit about computers when it comes to hardware but if I were to buy a G74 or G75 without an SSD could I add one to use as a primary drive and use the 7200rpm as a back up? Or would I have to actually remove the 7200RPM drive to add in the SSD?

#275 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Well great now I need that too. Thanks I think. I'm just impatient and don't want to wait but I guess I'll try and hold out for a good deal before buying anything.

I really dont know shit about computers when it comes to hardware but if I were to buy a G74 or G75 without an SSD could I add one to use as a primary drive and use the 7200rpm as a back up? Or would I have to actually remove the 7200RPM drive to add in the SSD?

ROFL, no problem :P

It really depends upon the configuration of the laptop. Asus is usually pretty good about including an extra hard drive bay in their gaming series laptops (my G72GX had an extra bay so I just moved the stock 7200 to the second bay and put the new SSD in the primary bay) since they have the room thanks to the massive screen size anyway. If you get something more compact then it likely will NOT have an extra HD bay.

Installing a new HD is very easy - it takes less than 5 minutes and only requires enough knowledge to work a phillips screwdriver. heh.

The one downside with Asus, is if they have an extra HD bay slot, often times the laptop will not come with the hard drive caddy that you need to actually hold the drive in place (its a little metal shell that the HD screws into which then screws into the laptop itself - you'll see one on your primary drive when you open it up). Asus sells these on its website, but they run about $30 after shipping. So I would check that out in your laptop before ordering so you can do it all at once. I was shocked that mine didn't come with the second hard drive caddy.

#276 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

It really depends upon the configuration of the laptop. Asus is usually pretty good about including an extra hard drive bay in their gaming series laptops (my G72GX had an extra bay so I just moved the stock 7200 to the second bay and put the new SSD in the primary bay) since they have the room thanks to the massive screen size anyway. If you get something more compact then it likely will NOT have an extra HD bay.

Installing a new HD is very easy - it takes less than 5 minutes and only requires enough knowledge to work a phillips screwdriver. heh.

The one downside with Asus, is if they have an extra HD bay slot, often times the laptop will not come with the hard drive caddy that you need to actually hold the drive in place (its a little metal shell that the HD screws into which then screws into the laptop itself - you'll see one on your primary drive when you open it up). Asus sells these on its website, but they run about $30 after shipping. So I would check that out in your laptop before ordering so you can do it all at once. I was shocked that mine didn't come with the second hard drive caddy.

Yeah that's pretty lame. Was just looking at SSDs and they're a little cheaper than I thought anyway so I may just do that then. Thanks for the info.

#277 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Off-topic I scored a WB "My Passport" 1TB Portable HDD for

Spoiler
from The Price Pros.

That's awesome! I didn't even know you could get a hard drive that low. I'd be happy to find a 250 GB external hard drive for $5.

I've only been looking for video games that low.

#278 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Any good deal today?

#279 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

if there is a rare game that says this on amazon...is there a good chance i get it or will it be canceled.

Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.

hell they cant even keep new games in stock

pokemon conquest is still out of stock for some reason

some ninja lego game for the ds is out of stock

even freaking stlyus are out of stock
WOOOO I STINK

#280 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

MLB 12: The Show Like new for $22.49

I ordered one.

http://www.amazon.co...mlb 12 the show

#281 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

MLB 12: The Show Like new for $22.49

I ordered one.

http://www.amazon.co...mlb 12 the show

Any thoughts on how much better than 11? Looks like the online pass locks out the dynasty mode, too.

Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions.
Posted Image

#282 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I really only got it for the move integration personally. I want to see if I can really lay off that curve.

#283 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Any thoughts on how much better than 11? Looks like the online pass locks out the dynasty mode, too.

Hmmmm.... decisions, decisions.

Only $7.50 more for New ;)

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=mlb 12

#284 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey, $7.50 is a lot of money to a true CAG. I also never play online so there's that.

#285 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

I really only got it for the move integration personally. I want to see if I can really lay off that curve.

So is there more Move integration than in MLB 11? I have 11 and love the Home Run Derby but I think that's all you can do with the Move in that one.

#286 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yes, you can use the move in any mode now I believe. I really want to use the move in RTTS as that's 99% of what I play.

#287 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hey, $7.50 is a lot of money to a true CAG. I also never play online so there's that.

$7.50 more is too much :lol:

#288 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

is $162 worth it for a "good" wi-fi vita?

#289 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

how do you get your os on the ssd and how do you get your computer to run off of it?

#290 BuDdyLe

BuDdyLe

Dat CAG though.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Take it out of your cart, so i can buy it :p lol

"They should fist that f :cold: ker with a RockSalt Gauntlet"

#291 lifebenders

lifebenders

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I don't think so .. there are too many cosmetic imperfections?

#292 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

I can let you know Monday. Within the past week I bought a $162ish Vita. Mine said 'imperfections on the side, backs, front, and on the screen', and I'm hoping it's nothing too harsh. I don't mind about the actual body because I'm buying a casing to cover it but the screen is the worst offender. Worst case scenario you return it to Amazon if it's not up to your expectations.

#293 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I can let you know Monday. Within the past week I bought a $162ish Vita. Mine said 'imperfections on the side, backs, front, and on the screen', and I'm hoping it's nothing too harsh. I don't mind about the actual body because I'm buying a casing to cover it but the screen is the worst offender. Worst case scenario you return it to Amazon if it's not up to your expectations.

i was thinking the same thing. i'm just a little cheesed i didn't get one of the feb's last week when they were only 184 :oops:

$22 less is ok, but i could have gotten the extras that came with it. you win some you lose some. i'll keep my eyes peeled to see if anything else good pops up today, if not i'll just hang on to it.

#294 lifebenders

lifebenders

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

There's a thin line between a CAG and a smart buyer :p
I think the ''Like New'' Vitas are only $20 more expensive, can't go wrong with that.

#295 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

anyone notice that that the 32gb cards are going for $75 new now? i wonder if a price drop is imminent.

#296 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

There's a thin line between a CAG and a smart buyer :p
I think the ''Like New'' Vitas are only $20 more expensive, can't go wrong with that.

i've read a bunch of people say that they got their "good" in "like new" condition. i think it's worth a flyer.

#297 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

If you can check Craigslist in your area. It may be a bit more hassle but I snagged a Like New - in box Wifi Vita two days ago for $120.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#298 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Got my ME3 CE, and all passes are good. ^__^
Posted Image

#299 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

If you can check Craigslist in your area. It may be a bit more hassle but I snagged a Like New - in box Wifi Vita two days ago for $120.

i don't think i'd want to risk it in my town. too much of a chance of getting mugged.

#300 lifebenders

lifebenders

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hahaha, the $162 is back in the list :p