Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

so this is what happens when they dont restock for a couple of days

#4922 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

so this is what happens when they dont restock for a couple of days

Yup turns into who has a bigger you know. This is why there is more violence in the world people love debating like this. :bouncy:

#4923 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

CAGs are an interesting bunch.

#4924 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

CAGs are an interesting bunch.

Dammit I came here for deals! Amazon, stock slacking off!

#4925 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hopefully the slow restock means that they are taking the time to inspect the items more carefully.

#4926 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

For #1: I've owned 3 Vitas and surprisingly havent heard much about it but there does seem to be an overall issue with the bottom left of the Vitas Touch screen imo. On all 3 I've owned it has not worked as well as other areas of the screen. There might be some variance there though because it works better (but still not perfectly) on my white Vita.

For #2: That's extremely common on TVs and also on the Vita. Was it not watchable or just an annoyance or what? My TV has clouding spots all over when there's no picture but once I'm watching anything I don't see it.

On the TV, it was noticeable. Looked like a dark black cloud in the center of the screen about 2" diameter, and a smaller 1" diameter near the bottom right.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4927 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Got my $20 copy of Sleeping Dogs yesterday - Very Good quality. Surprised it wasn't listed as as Like New because it's in great condition and complete. It does have four stickers on the back though but other than that no complaints.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#4928 Zantetzuken

Zantetzuken

Essence of Backlog Finishing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

:360: Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set
Good - $77.77

:360: Forza 3 -Ultimate Platinum Hits
Like New - $18.12

:360: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Like New - $16.12

:360: Dragon Age 2
Like New - $13.14

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes
Like New - $13.48

:wii: No More Heroes
Like New - $12.36

#4929 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.

you have no idea of what it was like programming back in the early 80's and 90's.. Doing 8-bit and creating games like FF could have taken close to years of coding and recoding and rechecking of codes.

You do know that even a hack 5 year old can create a playable PS3/Xbox game these days right.. Considering programming is done so much easier with programs already build to do it. Motion/3D capture camera that takes the work out of building characters or moves or structures. Alot of the action/movement algorithms are sold over and over again to game developers, who make small changes here and there depending on their game.

Sports games are notoriously known for great profit generating with less production/work involved, since the algorithm is already written and is transferred year to year with little tweaks here and there.
And all they need to do is just to add character skins...

Today one can amass 1000 of games, back in the 80's you be lucky if you had a collection of 50.

#4930 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

My copy of Far Cry 3 came today and it is in GREAT shape! The disc looks good and the game is complete. Other than a couple of large stickers on the back, I'm set.

#4931 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm waiting for Pepsiman to make a return.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4932 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well, so much for that. I put Far Cry 3 in my Xbox and it wasn't reading it. At all. Kept saying "Open Tray". I opened and closed the tray 3 or 4 times and it refused to read it. I tried my copies of Halo 3 and 4, Borderlands 1 and 2, and Assassin's Creed III and they all read fine. I opened up my Xbox and cleaned it anyways, and, to no surprise, it STILL doesn't read it. I tried it in my brother's Xbox and it didn't read in that one either. So I got a lemon copy of Far Cry 3 and I am NOT happy about it. :headache:

#4933 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well, so much for that. I put Far Cry 3 in my Xbox and it wasn't reading it. At all. Kept saying "Open Tray". I opened and closed the tray 3 or 4 times and it refused to read it. I tried my copies of Halo 3 and 4, Borderlands 1 and 2, and Assassin's Creed III and they all read fine. I opened up my Xbox and cleaned it anyways, and, to no surprise, it STILL doesn't read it. I tried it in my brother's Xbox and it didn't read in that one either. So I got a lemon copy of Far Cry 3 and I am NOT happy about it. :headache:

After so many resurfaces to make them look new they become like that... It could be factory error to. amazon never really tests anymore they eye it fast and list it. amazon got bad lately....

#4934 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

After so many resurfaces to make them look new they become like that... It could be factory error to. amazon never really tests anymore they eye it fast and list it. amazon got bad lately....

Well, judging by all of the stickers on the thing, I'd say that's a pretty accurate theory. I borrowed a buddy's copy just to make sure my Xbox isn't being stupid. It's not. It's fine. I take too much care of that Xbox for something to just :-# up like that.

#4935 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Well, judging by all of the stickers on the thing, I'd say that's a pretty accurate theory. I borrowed a buddy's copy just to make sure my Xbox isn't being stupid. It's not. It's fine. I take too much care of that Xbox for something to just :-# up like that.

Yeah i had amazon send me one before and gamefly more common for me. I guess testing stuff costs them to much time. I bet people trade in new looking games that are dead from resurfacing them and bet amazon pays them without testing. I am saddened how amazon is getting... I only hope they realize this before it gets even worse. I am on the fence with them but else can i really go why i still buy alot. I bet they cut corners to do there prime streaming stuff. There still rocks but when will that be hit now?

#4936 vicory_hell

vicory_hell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yeah i had amazon send me one before and gamefly more common for me. I guess testing stuff costs them to much time. I bet people trade in new looking games that are dead from resurfacing them and bet amazon pays them without testing. I am saddened how amazon is getting... I only hope they realize this before it gets even worse. I am on the fence with them but else can i really go why i still buy alot. I bet they cut corners to do there prime streaming stuff. There still rocks but when will that be hit now?

Bought Black Ops 2 for Xbox 360 for %30 and it said cant read disc, returned to amazon right away

#4937 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.

To be fair companys can now sell DLC to make up for further losses. Don't think it costs Activision $50 a year to make the maps they will be putting out, or MS for some cars in Forza Horizon.

#4938 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Got my "like new" Borderlands 2 for $22.00 yesterday. Works perfectly fine.

#4939 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Restock up now. Doesn't look huge, but items may still be added.

#4940 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

There is a white Wii U up for $230.

#4941 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Boatload of Halo 4 LE :360: dingers from 59.38
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

MildObstruction.png

#4942 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

New Super Mario Bros. U = $36.03

Paper Mario: Sticker Star = $23.10

DualShock 3 Wireless Controller Blue = $28.45

#4943 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

You bought a camera and the focus didn't work?

QFT. That was what I was going to say!

#4944 killarich908

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Heads up everyone... If anyone one see a new super mario bros U in AWD wihtin the next couple of weeks for 36$ use caution when buying..... I bought one to get my wii u game collection up and to give my niece a game to play....But it would not get past the startup screen.... the disk had some "white stuff" along the edge of the disk and the center circle of the disk.... i removed it by wiping off...CD was in VERY GOOD condition.... i think probably had a minor scratch or 2.... Its in the box and will be picked up by fedex or UPS (forgot) tomorrow.... I google'd and found that some mario bro's had cd defects and wouldnt go past the loadup screen.... Kind of sad because I cant fnd any deal on that game similiar in price range ...... Anyways makes me wonder if they even LOOK at the items for more than a second

#4945 killarich908

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Oh wow they actually did post new mario bros...im tempted but scared it might be another defect

#4946 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

:360: Modern Warfare 3 - Like New - $12.41
http://www.amazon.co...=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
(crazy price, I know Black Ops 2 is out but still...)

#4947 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

:360: 250GB Slim HDD - Acceptable - $60.59

:wiiu: 8GB Basic Console - Good - $234.35

#4948 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Comparing production costs of the actual software then and now is laughable. Back then, yes, cartridges cost more to produce, but games also had far lower production budgets, far less staff, programmers ,etc. Today, the media costs pennies, but you're looking at $20M+ budgets. GTA4 had a budget of $100M.

The size of the consumer base is a big reason for the differences in the budgets, though. $1billion profit margins were unfathomable then (even if it were adjusted for that time period). The number of staff & programmers are correlated to the size of the audience, too, no?

Comparing any aspect of gaming then & now is still pretty unfair, imho (too many variables).

Edited by twztid13, 20 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#4949 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

White stuff you say... It's probably from the disk pressing process.... Hopefully xD

#4950 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Ugh. I believe that was the lowest Paper Mario Sticker Star yet and I missed it!
Posted Image