• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10105 replies to this topic

#1741 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

This is all it said

"Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Small wrinkle / bend on item case."

I would say it's a pretty good chance. I have seen quite a few of those Vault editions go up lately and most sound like the boxes were just damaged in their warehouse.

#1742 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Can someone help or walk me through this deal. I get everything else but these deals. So you just have to search for the game and compare prices and condition? Any help is appreciated and thanks for looking :D

#1743 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

What does a hacked vita have to do with fake games?

Like with any system, you cant play "backed up" or bootleg games without some type of custom firmware running.

In this thread http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=327971 slidecage claims to have received a bootleg game, but once people start asking questions and want pictures, he stops responding. He also makes mention of the fact that he was able to play a little bit of this bootlegged game. Unless the Vita was running custom firmware, the game wouldn't have even been recognized if it weren't a legit copy.

The fact is, there are no bootlegs out there yet. If there were, they'd be for games that are selling a ton of copies, like Gravity Rush and Hot Shots, not MLB and Madden. Slidecage, if you sent the picture to Sony, they're not going to email you back and say "Oh yeah that game's fake!" No company would admit to their...as they claim...hack proof console being hacked with bootlegs out there.

So stop trying to scare people. The reason these Maddens are so cheap, is because...like others have said...they're probably from the bundle.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- Witch and the Hundred Knight: $25 shipped! (Available until 4/24/14)

#1744 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Sleeping Dogs for the PS3 is $29.99 (Like New)

#1745 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Acceptable Gravity Rush - 20.40

http://www.amazon.co...=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

#1746 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Like with any system, you cant play "backed up" or bootleg games without some type of custom firmware running.

In this thread http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=327971 slidecage claims to have received a bootleg game, but once people start asking questions and want pictures, he stops responding. He also makes mention of the fact that he was able to play a little bit of this bootlegged game. Unless the Vita was running custom firmware, the game wouldn't have even been recognized if it weren't a legit copy.

The fact is, there are no bootlegs out there yet. If there were, they'd be for games that are selling a ton of copies, like Gravity Rush and Hot Shots, not MLB and Madden. Slidecage, if you sent the picture to Sony, they're not going to email you back and say "Oh yeah that game's fake!" No company would admit to their...as they claim...hack proof console being hacked with bootlegs out there.

So stop trying to scare people. The reason these Maddens are so cheap, is because...like others have said...they're probably from the bundle.

I was under the impression that a fake vita game was just a blank cartridge really. Looks like the real thing but once you pop it in it does nothing.

#1747 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I was under the impression that a fake vita game was just a blank cartridge really. Looks like the real thing but once you pop it in it does nothing.

Your thought makes more sense to me than captaintek3304.

What does boot leg have anything to do with a fake game? Boot leg games would run 100% fine on the Vita, if there were such a thing as of right now. Publically, the Vita can only run Homebrew.

#1748 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

What does boot leg have anything to do with a fake game? Boot leg games would run 100% fine on the Vita, if there were such a thing as of right now. Publically, the Vita can only run Homebrew.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's an exploit to run PSP ISOs as well through some PSP Mini exploit.

In response to the fake game argument, I'm up to date with the current status of piracy on the Vita (dude to visiting GFaqs regularly) and I can say it would be very difficult to create a fake Vita game cartridge as it would be to pirate a Vita game cartridge; the technology to read and manufacture these cartridges is as proprietary as the memory cards. It would be infinitely more likely (and profitable) for anyone wanting to profit from the Vita's existence to work on replicating memory cards rather than games, so quite frankly, encountering a fake game cartridge seems a bit out there.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: nothing
:pc: Payday 2
:psp: Ys: Memories of Celceta / Rayman Legends

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World / Xenoblade Chronicles

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#1749 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

So I think we've established that the "New / no pack" carts are probably from Vita Madden bundles. Can we move to deals? Like, this is how we talk about Vita here:

MK: $14.97
Disgaea 3: $29.25
Lumines: $22.47
Touch My Katamari: $14.99
Posted Image

#1750 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Acceptable Gravity Rush - 20.40

Just bought a like new gravity rush for $25. Thanks for the link!

#1751 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Blue Dual Shock 3 controller - $27.52

If its free, its for me!!

#1752 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

So I think we've established that the "New / no pack" carts are probably from Vita Madden bundles.

I ordered a "brand new" Madden that was from the Madden bundle off of Ebay. It shipped in a plastic clam shell case.

These seem to be flooding the market now. I'm guessing because some people bought the bundles planning on selling their copies and quite frankly....the game isn't that good.

#1753 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

I've been searching Metacritic for hours for Acceptable Gravity Rush, no luck.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"

#1754 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

I've been searching Metacritic for hours for Acceptable Gravity Rush, no luck.

Here ya go

#1755 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

I think the guy tried to make a joke about finding a review on a game called "Acceptable Gravity Rush"

#1756 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

No, I posted a link to Gravity Rush that was in Acceptable condition. I posted it as Acceptable Gravity Rush. I think it was pretty obvious what I mean though.

#1757 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

the damage to my $162 uncharted superslim
Spoiler

#1758 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Spoiler

Congrats! If everything is intact (minus that little damage to the box) that was hell of pick. :applause:

#1759 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

Spoiler

hell of a snag, would be interested to hear your thoughts on the new model since the intarweb seems to be all over the place on it.

#1760 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

That was how my slim came 2 years ago for the exact same price
Cheers to the awd pricing monkeys!

#1761 naucratis

naucratis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Spoiler

Oh man, I feel your pain. Now you have super slim light weight wallet
to match with your console. ;)

#1762 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

No, I posted a link to Gravity Rush that was in Acceptable condition. I posted it as Acceptable Gravity Rush. I think it was pretty obvious what I mean though.

yea it was obvious. What I meant was Richard was the one who tried to make the joke.

#1763 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Tron Evolution CE X360 Very Good $11.27

#1764 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

My 25th Anniversary acceptable Street Fighter set came in today, the outer box and the black storage box is smashed a bit on the top with a noticeable but not terrible indent on the top, this caused the certificate of authenticity to be bent on that spot, but the games, art book, cds, statue, and belt are all in great condition and it did come with all the DLC as it was sealed, overall definitely happy with it for about 80 bucks.
Posted Image

#1765 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

:360: Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (Good) $87.72
Description: Packaging is damaged. Item is in excellent condition.

#1766 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Spoiler

Awesome!!

Congrats bro!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#1767 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas - Good - $7

:360: Fallout: New Vegas - Like New - $7.97

#1768 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Borderlands 2 - $41.99 Very Good

NBA 2k13 - $44.25 Like new

God of War Saga Collection - $27.97 Very Good
502070.png

#1769 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Spoiler

dude that sucks you only got half the box :)
WOOOO I STINK

#1770 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

:ps3: RE 6 Anthology Very Good $62.97