• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

I pay tax at Amazon AND Newegg.

#2132 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Lucky. Arizona people will pay 6% on sale taxes. Here in California, Amazon charges about 13% in taxes (no joke). That's a lot! I am not sure if that only applies in my city or all California. All I can say is that I have bought less stuff from Amazon since they began collecting taxes.

Damn you pay a lot, its most likely your city since I am only paying 8.75% in tax in CA.

#2133 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Lucky. Arizona people will pay 6% on sale taxes. Here in California, Amazon charges about 13% in taxes (no joke). That's a lot! I am not sure if that only applies in my city or all California. All I can say is that I have bought less stuff from Amazon since they began collecting taxes.

The base tax rate in CA is 7.25%. There are no local taxes higher than 2.5% on top of that.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/pam71.htm

#2134 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

I think someone was looking for this:

Code of Princess :3ds: ln - 29.99

19.99 day after thanksgiving i still say
WOOOO I STINK

#2135 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

The base tax rate in CA is 7.25%. There are no local taxes higher than 2.5% on top of that.

I'm sorry, bad mad calculations :s

#2136 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I pay tax at Amazon AND Newegg.

That sucks major donkey dicks!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#2137 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

sigh,

I didn't see this coming, I don't think I will renew my Amazon Prime or maybe think about it.

Who am I kidding, I'll still get it.

*cries*

http://www.eastvalle...19bb2963f4.html

Well it was only a matter of time. I think New York was the first state to fall to the Amazon tax rule and when I saw that I knew it was only the beginning of the end for the rest of us (CA started last month).

If enough people had reported online purchases on their tax returns we wouldn't have had to come to this. The kicker is that they use an average blend rate/amount for taxes which amounted to just $50 for me on last year's tax return. I know I saved a whole lot more than $50 on Amazon tax last year. So in a way we all did this to ourselves by failing to report online purchases.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#2138 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Funny thing is, I pay less than Texas sales tax. But San Diego is broke, I think.

#2139 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

sigh,

I didn't see this coming, I don't think I will renew my Amazon Prime or maybe think about it.

Who am I kidding, I'll still get it.

*cries*

http://www.eastvalle...19bb2963f4.html

Noooo this stinks, I live in Arizona

I had a feeling this was coming, oh well at least they won't start charging taxes until after the Holiday season is over and its only 6.6% so it really is not that bad

AnQAzfm.png

#2140 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

:ps3:Borderlands 2 Acceptable $30.86

#2141 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

0% sales tax state, yay. But we pay property tax out the butt. And they are trying to put a tax on selling your home, as if paying the tax on it yearly wasn't enough.

#2142 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

amazon has gone down hill this year no game credit and now this ......may just shop at gamestop for there power up rewards points because amazon does not offer crap now a days

#2143 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

amazon has gone down hill this year no game credit and now this ......may just shop at gamestop for there power up rewards points because amazon does not offer crap now a days

Amazon could charge 20% tax and I'd shop there over GameStop and their PUR points.

#2144 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Too slow on Borderlands 2 for ps3...hopefully I can snag an Xcom for around $30 for ps3/pc

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#2145 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Amazon could charge 20% tax and I'd shop there over GameStop and their PUR points.

Yeah. No.

That's just stupid.

#2146 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Yeah. No.

That's just stupid.

Would I pay a 10% premium for customer service? Sure. I do it all the time for other things. Sorry you don't appreciate good customer service. :roll:

You can do whatever you want though.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2147 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Would I pay a 10% premium for customer service? Sure. I do it all the time for other things. Sorry you don't appreciate good customer service. :roll:

You can do whatever you want though.

Well at 20% higher they'd probably still be cheaper than gamestop, so, you know...

And I agree.

#2148 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

waiting for a good deal on the 3DS XL or the Vita :X

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#2149 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

i have an amazon credit card that accumulates over $25 in points every month, triple points for amazon purchases and it all adds up. Just pay the full amount every month so you don't get thrown into debt.
Posted Image

#2150 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Need to find some cheap deals. Got credits just hanging about. Can't find any on the warehouse deals site.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Last of Us Remastered, Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#2151 colton1106

colton1106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

Completely agree. Haven't bought anything at GS since discovering this. Keep everything at BB or Amazon. It would take a lot to make me go back to using GS.

#2152 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

I love the Amazon CS. haha it's always the first place to check for any kind of shopping.
Newegg is pretty awesome too

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#2153 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

waiting for a good deal on the 3DS XL or the Vita :X

Honestly, I've never a 3DS XL on AWD yet :(

#2154 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think amazon carries the 3DS XL (third party sellers fulfilled by amazon do, but amazon and nintendo are having problems or something). If that is the case, then AWD will get the occasional trade-in, but there won't be many (or any) damaged packaging items to sell on AWD.

Workin on it

#2155 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think amazon carries the 3DS XL (third party sellers fulfilled by amazon do, but amazon and nintendo are having problems or something). If that is the case, then AWD will get the occasional trade-in, but there won't be many (or any) damaged packaging items to sell on AWD.

Wow, just researched that and it's true. Same with the Wii U as well. Oh well, at least they have the original 3DS

#2156 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Wow, just researched that and it's true. Same with the Wii U as well. Oh well, at least they have the original 3DS

aww man. that truly sucks :/ amazon is bout the best place to shop with their awesome customer service and all..

guess the vita is the choice then

#2157 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

the 3DS XL has been up multiple times. I actually grabbed one casually a week or 2 ago. They have had more blue/blacks then reds. Also they are appearing more regularly every week now. They are about as rare as the purple 3ds. You just have to keep your eyes peeled. I visit the warehouse several times a day every time I'm on the computer.

The warehouse will get Wii-Us in, etc...
Posted Image

#2158 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

the 3DS XL has been up multiple times. I actually grabbed one casually a week or 2 ago. They have had more blue/blacks then reds. Also they are appearing more regularly every week now. They are about as rare as the purple 3ds. You just have to keep your eyes peeled. I visit the warehouse several times a day every time I'm on the computer.

The warehouse will get Wii-Us in, etc...

Whats the usual asking price for one?

#2159 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

:psp: Tactics Ogre (Premium Edition) - $30

Great SRPG, get on it.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was released in Europe as a special Premium Edition; comprising of a copy of the game, a 44 page hardback artbook: 'The World of Tactics Ogre' and an exclusive Mini Soundtrack CD. Also included in the Premium Edition box is a bonus voucher to claim 50% off the purchase of VAGRANT STORY from the PlayStation Network, but this code may NOT work with US PSN accounts.

#2160 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

12month Xbox Live Gold Membership $37.48
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Very Good $22.93
:3ds: Like New Super Mario 3D Land $28.60
Madden 13 Wi-fi Vita Bundle Very Good $175

Edited by GHmanRON, 28 October 2012 - 09:11 AM.