MS Points?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Eoyote

Eoyote

DLC - Disc Locked Content

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

I agree with you there. Getting these cards for personal use is like making your money more valuable so you can buy more games at a better price. Nothing wrong there.

Why are you here? They've been looking for you at troll.com They are very worried about you Timmy.

Yeah, you'll notice him over at hoardflagdeals too. Every post he makes on either site is troll in nature. Just another high school kid out for the summer :lol:

#32 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

I've started getting mine at costco unless they are on sale elsewhere, mainly because 2800 points is about $4 cheaper there than anywhere else. Also, be sure to sign up for rewards.xbox.com where you can earn points for doing usual stuff. I've earned 1600 over the past year. Sure it's not "OMG look at all these points" but free is free :)
Posted Image

#33 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Points card sold.

#34 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Ditto on mine.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#35 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

It is a good thing I bought 10 of them when RCSS was selling it for $20 last November!

Normally, I think stockpiling points is fine -- I spent a lot of money when Walmart had that multi-buy thing, especially on PSN cards. But wasn't the RCSS thing limit to two per person? Leave some cardboard for other people...

I've started getting mine at costco unless they are on sale elsewhere, mainly because 2800 points is about $4 cheaper there than anywhere else.

I would buy from Costco, but since they add tax to their points, the savings isn't worth it. I might as well save the gas and just walk over to Walmart or Shoppers instead of saving a few cents.

Also, be sure to sign up for rewards.xbox.com where you can earn points for doing usual stuff. I've earned 1600 over the past year. Sure it's not "OMG look at all these points" but free is free :)

Actually, I am surprised that you managed to get that many points in the course of a year. I only get like 20 pts every month for doing their survey, 400 pts for renewing and some other bonuses. Most of the other monthly things require spending a lot more pts than I care to on stuff like avatar crap and other DLC.

#36 onemorechanc

onemorechanc

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Actually, I am surprised that you managed to get that many points in the course of a year. I only get like 20 pts every month for doing their survey, 400 pts for renewing and some other bonuses. Most of the other monthly things require spending a lot more pts than I care to on stuff like avatar crap and other DLC.

I signed up almost a year ago, and have earned 1100 points. I only participate in the promotions that I want (no avatar crap), and so far it's been great.

#37 JetEngineJesus

JetEngineJesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Aiyaaaaaaa! Missed the BB sale! That's what I get for going out of town for the long weekend...

#38 games4less

games4less

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Not to add fuel to the fire nor troll but I thought I would add my thoughts to the discussion on hoarding.

Disclaimer: When RCSS had the 50% sale on MS Points, I price-matched the sale price at a local Wal-mart for 10 cards in total (2800 points each). By doing this I did not clear the shelves as there were literally 50+ cards left (as they stocked them like gift cards and were cashier activated).

I have to agree that hoarding is taking more than you will use AND denying someone else the deal. Some scenarios as illustration:

Hoarding:

A) I buy 3 copies of a game thus clearing the shelves (or otherwise denying someone who goes to the same location to buy the game from getting it) just to sell the game at a profit. Note: Extra copies for others at (or near) cost is excluded - see scenario C.

Not Hoarding:
B) Buying multiple copies of something that is functionally infinite in supply (i.e. cashier activated point cards). Note: I have never seen a store run-out of these new types of points cards. I have seen clam-shell cards run-out.

C) Buying copies for friends at or near cost.

#39 onemorechanc

onemorechanc

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

This post on RFD has details on a MS Points deal:

http://forums.redfla...e-time-1214391/

It *does* work for Canadian accounts ... just bought some for myself (the 4000 option, not sure about the 1600).

#40 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

This post on RFD has details on a MS Points deal:

http://forums.redfla...e-time-1214391/

It *does* work for Canadian accounts ... just bought some for myself (the 4000 option, not sure about the 1600).

Yep, worked for me as well. Great deal for 4000 pts!
Posted Image

#41 JetEngineJesus

JetEngineJesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Any word on whether or not CrazyGameTime is legit...? They've only been up for a month, and they seem to be selling an awful lot of cards...

#42 JetEngineJesus

JetEngineJesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Heya nerds, since it looks like MS is moving towards real-money game purchases with Windows8, thought I'd resurrect this old chestnut. From what (admittedly little) I've read, MS Points will still be valid, and you should still be able to purchase points cards, but I'm guessing this is a move to start phasing out MS Points in favour of local currency.
As such, might not be a bad idea to pick up some cheap extra points; cheap points + sale-priced XBL stuff = double dipping on the dealzzz! Pretty unlikely that "local currency" will ever go on sale... :P
Anyway, I picked up a 4000 point card from crazygametime a few months ago, and didn't have any problems with it. Going to grab another batch of 4k when I get home tonight.

http://www.crazygametime.com/

#43 chinkpak

chinkpak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Pretty nice site, Ill give it a shot.

#44 gill2k

gill2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Crazy Gametime is awesome. They'll give you a verification code via a callback before completing your order. Used my cell number just fine and got my code in e-mail for 4000 MSP literally 5 mins. after.

I wish they can do the same thing for PSN cards
Posted Image

#45 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I've used them for two 4000 pts cards. Super fast, no problems.
Posted Image

#46 trueneutral

trueneutral

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

I bought 2400 points for $29.99. It worked and I will buy all my points from this site in the future!

#47 refinedsugar

refinedsugar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

There's a lot of talk going around that the point system is gonna be phased out for real money transactions. Love the deals I've gotten on point cards over the years (which I won't see anymore if things turn to real money), but at the same time parity is worth more long term.

#48 the_void

the_void

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Has anyone had problems getting the phone call? Entered my number and never got the call...

Edit: had a 1 at the start apparently it didn't like that :P

Edited by the_void, 15 October 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#49 babbayagga

babbayagga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Just used the crazygametime site for 4k points... had no problems... other than couldn't get the 1$ off discount code to work... but its a minor concern compared to the awesome savings. Now to wait for the dark souls DLC...

#50 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Might give them a shot sometime...

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#51 anikan72

anikan72

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Does anyone know when they get more codes in stock? They're all out, right now.